[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squadron Supreme #1 Unlettered Preview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

>You may not like their methods. You may not like that they cross the line. But they get results. And if you get in their way, you’re going down! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look inside SQUADRON SUPREME #1 – the explosive new series from Eisner Award winning writer James Robinson (Scarlet Witch), critically acclaimed artist Leonard Kirk (Fantastic Four) and covers by legendary painter Alex Ross!

>Each the sole survivor of a lost Earth, they’ll do anything to protect this one, whether you like it or not. Hyperion, Nighthawk, Dr. Spectrum, Blur and Power Princess – the Squadron Supreme. To them all that matters is the safety of Earth – and they don’t ask permission or care about your rules. Their first target? Namor! Responsible for the destruction of Dr. Spectrum’s reality, it’s time Namor paid for his crimes. And the Squadron will start by turning Atlantis to rubble!

>The Marvel Universe has new protectors. Don’t miss their epic debut as they burst on to the scene in SQUADRON SUPREME #1 – on sale in December!

With inks by veteran Paul Neary and colors by Frank Martin (Squadron Sinister).
>>
>>77500748
>>
>>77500760
Spreads galore!
>>
>Hyperion going pragmatic asshole

I don't like it.
>>
Variant by Leonard Kirk with Jesus Aburtov
>>
Action figure variants for the rest of the Squadron when?
>>
Hip-hop variant by Mike Del Mundo.

WU-TANG!

FIN.
>>
God Damn It!, Yep Its the same crapier quality of Kirk's work he had in the Avengers #0 issue and not the better work he did in Fantastic 4, FUCK!
I wish Marco Checchetto, Stefano Caselli or Valterio Schiti was on this instead of wasting their time on bullshit!
>>
>>77500779
I bet you don't like Man of Steel ether...
Fuck You and Fuck what you don't like!
>>
>>77500878
What does Man of Steel have to do with anything? Hyperion kind of decided to not be a pragmatic, edgy asshole when he came to 616.

>>77500855
Calm down, friend.
>>
>>77500748
I wasn't following the nonsense leading up to Battleworld, but I did read the SS Battleworld series.

Weren't all the survivors from existing realities that were incorporated into Battleworld? Shouldn't their dimensions still be around?
>>
>>77500895
>What does Man of Steel have to do with anything?
Your one of those unwavering fanboys that hates it when they do serious takes on Superman or Superman like characters instead of having them be perfect mary sue boy scouts.
>>
>>77500773
Shit, now that's a spread. I wonder what's up with the white letterboxing. Seems odd.
>>
>>77500922
Oh, you're a troll. Excuse me, I've been baited.
>>
>>77500941
Oh so anyone who likes serious toned Superman stories instead of barney tier campy childish trash is a troll, Fuck You you piece of worthless shit!
>>
>>77500808
That variant looks dope senpai
>>
>>77500773
Cool... now imagine Ivan Reis drawing this...
> muh dick!
>>
>>77500748
>Justifiably angry at one guy
>try to commit genocide to get at him

I thought they'd be a bit more morally ambiguous than this.
>>
>>77501035
Seems out of turn for Spectrum, too, considering the Great Society was characterized by blind hope. Not a good way to fly under the radar, either.
>>
File: 891374982.jpg (181KB, 316x558px) Image search: [Google]
891374982.jpg
181KB, 316x558px
>>77500748
>. Their first target? Namor! Responsible for the destruction of Dr. Spectrum’s reality, it’s time Namor paid for his crimes.

This will never not be bullshit.
Why not go after Black Bolt? Strange? They murdered members of the Great Society in battle.
Why not go to Stark or Black Panther and beat their ass for building a world killing device in the first place?

Oh wait, right, Namor is the only one without a movie deal.
>>
>>77501059
>Seems out of turn for Spectrum, too, considering the Great Society was characterized by blind hope
Not after "failing" to save billions of people who counted on you.
>>
>>77501075
...I'd say it's more because even through all their posturing, the only one that could pull the trigger was Strange and Namor, so...
>>
>>77500972
>>77500922
>>77500895
>>77500878
lmao
>>
I hope we get to see Nighthawk being an angry racist and they don't just gloss over that part of his character.

Dr. Whiteface when?
>>
My primary wishlist for this book is...
During its run...
Get a better artist and soon, these are good suggestions... >>77500855

When it's about to conclude, have the team find a cosmic device that can pull entire worlds thru time but it only has the power to do it twice.
Have Nighthawk bring back the Supreme Power world right before Ultimate Power.
And have Spectrum bring back the Great Society world before they discovered the incursions.
Give both universes ongoings, have Marvel grab JMS, beg for fucking forgiveness and let him pick up right where he left off.
Have Hickman mabye come back and write the Great Society series!
>>
>>77501075
black bolt didn't kill anybody anon. Spectrum survived fighting him and T'challa interrupted Reed when asked him.
>>
File: 1445736881794.png (935KB, 1281x565px) Image search: [Google]
1445736881794.png
935KB, 1281x565px
>>77501096
>implying Blackagar wouldn't blow a planet up
>>
>>77501217
He's done it a few times, yeah. I'm just saying, in context of that story.
>>
>>77501209
>Spectrum survived fighting him
Yes, I suppose you're right (I hope they at least briefly explain how that worked and where she was in the time between getting knocked in the sahara and now)...

Still, it pisses me off how Namor is the guy to blame and the only one that gets any sort of repercussion. Iron Man has been a dickhole for decades now, always goes unpunished, Strange joined the Black Priests' death cult and ouloud stated that yes, he killed a shitton of earths too, but nobody raised a finger on them.
>>
>>77501277
I doubt it is the reason but it could also be that Strange is harder to take down and black bolt is nothing but collateral damage depending on how much he resist.
>>
>>77501277
>I hope they at least briefly explain how that worked and where she was in the time between getting knocked in the sahara and now)...
How did she know it was him?Was Namor blowing up her planet even common knowledge? I thought only the Illuminati knew what happened on that planet.
>>
>You may not like their methods. You may not like that they cross the line. But they get results.

is cool as long as you aren't cyclops
>>
>>77501075

that nigga needs to pay for his role in avx anyway
>>
>>77501383
>I thought only the Illuminati knew what happened on that plane
Well, she was knocked out by Black Bolt near where the bomb was located. We assumed she was dead, but if she wasn't, then it's highly likely that she could have been coherent enough to see Namor pull the trigger.

If we assume that Dr. Spectrum watched the scene where everyone decided not to blow up the planet except for Namor, then obviously she would only blame him. Afterall, she wasn't on her planet while the rest of the illuminati killed her teammates so from her perspective she could think that they just knocked them out while Namor killed them.
>>
>>77501383
>Illuminati

They dont like taking responsibility for their actions. They like pass the blame to others. I wouldnt put it past them to sell out namor.
>>
>>77501885
damn son that's straight logical
>>
>>77500748
why's everybody hate Namor now seems like the last few years all writers have done with him is get other heroes excuses to go rekt Atlantis or try to kill him
>>
>>77501785
It's been a long time coming.
>>
>>77503112
Because Namor a shit.
>>
>>77504307
this, to be sincere, relatives.
>>
>>77500748
love this cover. Which reality is Dr Spectrum from though? Cause I don't think I care about that one. Marvel Max Nighthawk I care about and Hickman Hyperion as well, Blur...I think that's from Max as well, which is cool. Dunno the rest.
>>
>>77500773
I love dat Blur in this spread
>>
File: New Avengers16.NOW-016.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
New Avengers16.NOW-016.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>77505746
Dr Spectrum is from the Great Society universe
>>
>>77500808
this is a good rap varient, I have hated the rest but this is really good.
>>
>>77500748
They should have brought back the speedster instead of that neapolitan chick
>>
>>77501120
I doubt we will see racist Nighthawk in the team book, but his solo book has him standing over a bunch of white guys. So my guess is in the team book he suppresses his racism, but in his solo he goes out and beats the shit out of white criminals. The rest of the team will ignore it cause he hides a lot of it, and also cause he's doing it to criminals anyway and they don't care what motivation he has for beating crime, just that he does it.

tl;dr racist Nighthawk in solo book, not team book
>>
>>77505746
>Blur...I think that's from Max as well, which is cool.
Nope, this is New Universe Blur from DP7.
>>
>>77503043
Since it's Marvel, it'll be chalked up to "Hank McCoy sold you out. We didn't need to hurt him, just had to sit through his rant about Scott Summers."
>>
>>77501277
Strange was killed pretty quickly in Secret Wars though. It's not like he didn't pay for the shit he did.
>>
>>77502800
this, they do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>77505936
>DP7.
sorry, not sure what that is
>>
>>77501153
But Hickman Great Society was horrid.
>>
>>77506177
wrong
>>
>>77506177
>butthurt hulkfan
>>
I'm pretty confused by the alternate earth stuff but I honestly don't care that much.
I'm just excited
>>
>>77506214
>>77506479
Hulk has nothing to do with it.

Hickman made this total idiots to push his stupid moral of "hard times hard choices"In the worldview presented in the comic, you are either a mass murderur or you sit around and do nothing.

The GS openly said they weren't going to do anything but "hope." Since when do superheroes stop problems with wishful thinking

Like everyone in N/A they were stupid, needlessly murderous or both.

The whole thing reeked of a shitty "deconstruction" of aw shucks boy scoutism, he deliberately was trying to make a point that "heroes" (which he straw mans as the 60s esque rainbow puppy GS) cant get the job done, so you need Kings to be Tough Men to make Tough Choices . Imagine Snyder making an All Star Superman "satire"were Superman tries to shake hands with Zod and talk him down only to see earth destroyed by the general, same basic premise.

The arc is the highlight of the whole "saga" but that's because 1.It's the one time he actually deliveres on the runs actual Fucking premise. 2. the rest is such shit. 3.The Society looks good because they are ONLY stupid, instead of being stupid and mass murderers.
>>
>>77506577
How is it confusing. There worls were destroyed, now they form a team, hell solicit explains it all.
>>
>>77506684
>Imagine Snyder making an All Star Superman "satire"were Superman tries to shake hands with Zod and talk him down only to see earth destroyed by the general, same basic premise.

yup MoS
>>
What's the Squadron line up? Nighthawk (JMS), Hyperion (Hickman/616), Power Princess (JMS), Dr Spectrum (Hickman/Great Society), Blur (Grunwald/New Universe) & Thundra (?)?
>>
>>77506026
Team book from the 80s New Universe line.
>>
>>77506921
It's not JMS' Power Princess. It's Guggenheim's from Secret Wars: Squadron Sinister.

Otherwise, yeah.
>>
>>77507332
Wait, so it's evil, backstabbing, genocidal Zarda?
>>
>>77501153
>have Marvel grab JMS, beg for fucking forgiveness and let him pick up right where he left off

May as well wish for the fucking moon while you're at it.
>>
>>77501000
Now imagine it's the Justice League..
>>
>>77507913
Aside from a costume and codename change?

>>77506921
Thundra is from Earth-715, which made its debut in a Fantastic Four story from the early 70's.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.