[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Climate change virtually guarantees that we'll get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 1447667432239.jpg (66KB, 620x459px) Image search: [Google]
1447667432239.jpg
66KB, 620x459px
>Climate change virtually guarantees that we'll get a new Captain Planet cartoon eventually,
Git hype.
>>
>>77497606
I don't think you know how long people have been complaining about climate change.
>>
>>77497619
If anything, there are less people talking about climate change now than 10 years ago.
>>
Why is heart an element? Why is it the domain of some native american twink?
>>
>implying conservatives won't bitch, cry and 'boycott' their kids from watching it until it gets pulled from the air
>>
>>77497619
>>77497626
Well, yeah, but it only gets worse as time goes on, so the one upside of extreme environmental disaster will be a Cap'o P revival.
>>
File: AUc8Zeq.png (294KB, 608x464px) Image search: [Google]
AUc8Zeq.png
294KB, 608x464px
>>77497606
With a TRUMP in the white house? Not likely!
>>
File: 1355941665729.jpg (43KB, 316x432px) Image search: [Google]
1355941665729.jpg
43KB, 316x432px
>>77497656
>TRUMP in the white house
>>
>>77497637
Need something to tie all together, anon.
Wood would have made more sense thematically, though: a Wakfu-style plant controller or something.
>>
>>77497639
Yeah because conservatives are the people who currently try to get shit off the air.
>>
>>77497683
There's a difference between liberalism and leftism, apparently.
I'm not a social/ political scientist, though, but I can see the logic: I'd consider myself a liberal enough person, but I wouldn't touch the modern Western Left with a ten-foot pole.
>>
>>77497606
More likely a film then cartoon since Ted Turner isn't the juggernaut he used to be. Still a juggernaut, just not the juggernaut he used to be.
>>
>>77497637

>Why is heart an element?

I dunno, it has something to do with gayshit about animals and mind control. It's a terrible cartoon about saving the environment. Do not think about it too much.
>>
>>77497706
Woah buddy i wasnt up for some explanation on .modern left leaning politics. All i know is conservatives dont pull the whole shut it down card anymore.

Unless its on other right leaning groups
>>
File: 31447949.jpg (245KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
31447949.jpg
245KB, 1000x770px
They should make the new Captain Planet a attractive waifu. And her and Gaia give each other cute complements and gay implications but they never say anything out loud to tease the audiences imagination.
>>
>>77497735
Well it's like they say: talk shit, get expounded upon.
>>
>Ted Turner has become a recluse
>He doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore
>Implying a new Captain Planet will happen without his autism behind it
>Implying any mortal being born onto this bastard world could ever take his blessed place

IM FUCKING PLYING
>>
>>77497706

I dunno about any of that but yes, most people that try to shut stuff down in these modern times are sensitive liberals, not conservatives.
>>
>>77497772

I'm still mad he cancelled Swat Kats because Callie gave him a hard-on.
>>
>>77497671

I think they could have made heart work. Something that tied the others together: maybe their rings tired them out after extended use, but not with the heart ring around, or maybe "heart" is like the life force of living things, plants and animals, and has no upper limit if you can get creative with it (make plants grow, make people afraid or complacent, make animals stronger or faster etc.)
>>
>>77497770
Sorry that i triggered you .my liberal anon
>>
>>77497801
Cool meme.
>>
>>77497626

We're finally starting to see climate change being taken seriously by people, now that China's finally starting to pay heed to the environment and the storms and drought are costing corporations too much money to ignore it.

Speaking of climate change, anyone else seen Ice and the Sky? Pretty great documentary about the subject.
>>
>>77497619
I love watching cartoons from the 70's where the very special episodes were about global cooling.
Then the 90's rolled around and global warming was the new hotness.
Now they know to hedge their bets and just say climate change.
>>SOMETHING is gonna happen, trust us!
>>
>>77497898

Well we've proven that the Earth is slowly getting warmer on a rate that is entirely unrepresented and humankind's industrialization is the cause, so unless we fuck up and create a new ice age in attempts to cool the planet or volcanic eruptions create so much ash clouds like few years back on a bigger scale and more regularly, global warming it is.
>>
I can imagine a "teenagers with rings of power fight to defend the Earth" show being decent, but I can't imagine how captain planet himself could be made interesting.

>>77497835
Then you can have an episode where team infighting depower the heart ring, then all rings. They then have to solve whatever problem together without powers.
>>
>>77497606
>doesn't know climate change has always been a thing
Millenials
>>
>>77497951
>but I can't imagine how captain planet himself could be made interesting.

Well you make his fights be super big. Like, he's only brought in to fight toxic kaiku style monsters or natural disasters where the Planeteers simply can't do that much of a difference, etc. He's like a environmental friendly nuke.
>>
File: 1438477328768.gif (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1438477328768.gif
106KB, 512x512px
>>77497971
At no point in that post does it suggest that global warming is anything new.
>being illiterate

>>77497951
Make Captain Planet a kind of fusion form that they make when they combine their rings. He'd be a being made up of several different ethnicities, you could make it an allegory for how working together as a species makes us strong or some shit, it writes itself.
>>
>>77498034
>He's like a environmental friendly nuke
I like this
>>
>>77497667
More likely than you think. But either way Republicans Shoot themselves in the foot to keep Trump out/Democrats shoot themselves in the foot to put Hillary in. Its going to go bad for both parties.
>>
Show was a riot, mixing a environmental message and kicking down the weakest strawmen while having an utter shit understanding of all sciences. Like Bill Nye does now.
>>
>>77497971

>>Thinking we have any effect on a planet that does what it wants when it wants.

Volcanoes, Ice Ages, Meteors, Dinosaurs. We've been lucky. Me driving my Jeep Cherokee isn't doing shit.

>>This here is our island. And the only reason you're livin' on it, is because we let you live on it.
>>
>>77498348
Yea Ring of Fire belches out more "pollutants" a year than man could in a hundred years. Given we could make the planet uninhabitable for humans. But then it would recover in a century or less and keep trucking along without giving a shit about the primates that used to be around.

All the Climate Change nonsense is just a power grab, and most people have been hearing this crap for so long they don't give a damn anymore.
>>
File: tumblr_lq151fXd5K1qzsejk.gif (21KB, 120x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lq151fXd5K1qzsejk.gif
21KB, 120x350px
>>77497606

man.. Linka was such a qt
>>
>tfw no captain planet/lord of the rings crossover
>>
>>77497671
>Wood would have made more sense thematically
It would have made Captain Planet a lot more popular
>>
>>77497637
It's the human element
>>
Was the show entertaining? I never watched it, I think Beakman's World played at the same time.
>>
>>77497735
Conservatives pull the 'bitch and whine about it forever' card and they pick the most nonsensical things to get upset about.
>>
>>77497606
>ITT we cast the Planeteers
pic related ERF!
>>
>>77497656
TRUMP will make watching CP mandatory for US citizens.
>>
As long as we get an episode where Captain Planet fights an ISIS knockoff, I'll be fine
>>77499729
It's absolute fucking shit, but yes, it's entertaining. Especially the drug, gang war, and AIDs episodes (ESPECIALLY the AIDS episode)
>>
>>77497637
Didn't you see the Fifth Element? Damn good sci-fi movie right there. It firmly established that the fifth element is Love. Heart's just Captain Planet getting the name a little off, but same idea.
>>
>>77499729
Nigga, Captain Planet was fucking dope if you grew up in the early 90s
>>
>>77497706
Leftism is economic stance. Liberalism is stance on amount of freedom and role of government. Now funny thing is, freedom is zero-sum. You get more freedom, you restrain someone else from getting in your way. Not that there's something particularly wrong, but at this state, liberals push for more frivolties that are obstructed by nothing but unwillingness of others to pay for them and their consequences. So liberals will work to restrain freedom so they could do whatever they want without paying.
>>
>>77500576
Uneducated piece of shit. Where's you degrees? Where's your work? Your data? Your sources? Oh wait, you're a useless piece of walking turd who thinks your trash opinions matter. Making up conspiracy theorist with no basis. Shitty analogies and and terrible correlations means jack shit. Kill yourself honestly. Otherwise go to Beijing and start sucking in that pollutant air, afterall it does nothing at all!
>>
>>77497606
Global warming is just a meme.
>>
>>77500576
>It's a hoax!
>My proof is one of the realities of capitalism that is unrelated to whether it's real or not.

Good job, sport.
>>
>>77502190
the hoax is getting people to think it can be stopped teh damage was done before any of us were born
>>
For a second, i thought i was on /pol/.
>>
>>77499962
This. Do people forget the chorus of bitching whenever a Captain America comic does anything that's remotely left-leaning? Just the other month, they were all up in arms over the depiction of a 30-something year old snake-themed fascist, racist organization.
>>
>>77500576
I don't understand what this has to do with global warming, but accommodating handicapped people is a good thing and should be done even if it costs money.
>>
>>77503832
/co/ has gone from being from of the leftist to most right-leaning boards on the site over the past half a decade or so.
>>
>>77497637
Heart was animal mind-control, and horribly underutilized. Think about it:

The villain of the week runs outside, trying to get to their escape pod, but the Heart kid was smart and there are two tigers waiting to pounce and tear them apart.

A different villain runs out to the helipad to fly off, but there are birds everywhere, just waiting, staring. If they actually take off, a goose flies into the blades and makes the helicopter crash.

It's all for the good of the planet, right? Nature is rough, and Gaia is pissed!
>>
>>77497606
I want a live action
>>
>>77497930

we arent the cause, we are accelerating to an unknown degree something that was always going to happen

Further more we are passed the point of prolonging it by stopping the shitty things were doing now

the real solutions for this problem are going to be radical and need to happen otherwise our species wont survive what we help turn the planet into, but this was always a problem, we just made sure it was an current problem
>>
>>77497951

Captain planet is plenty interesting, he shows up as the toothpaste colored guardian of the environment, a cross between superman and the lorax, with powers that balance and stabilize

dont fix what isnt broke
>>
>>77498380
>>77498348
>we could wipe ourselves out, sure, but rocks would still exist so, no harm, no foul. Right?
>we could make the planet inhabitable for 100+ years, but climate change arguments are just a power grab
Are you serious? You've got no problem with humans wiping themselves out as long it's to spite someone's flimsy rhetoric? Am I reading that correctly? As long as we're not LITERALLY destroying the planet you refuse to listen to ways we could be seriously fucking it up?
>>
>>77507841
To spite a bunch of lunatics power grab yea I'll spite.

They aren't teaching proper stewardship of the planet all their rhetoric now is "we've got the answers as long as you give us the power. And shut up anyone that disagrees with us." They can piss off with that idea.

I believe in teaching people the proper way to care for the planet not ceding liberties to someone else who keeps screaming if we don't the world is going to end.
>>
File: sage.jpg (82KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
82KB, 800x563px
>>77497606
instead of it being Jane Fonda-erized
it'll be tumblr-erized.
let Captain Planet remain in the 90s where it belongs.
>>
>>77508777
Oh crap the American being an insufferable SJW douche the rest of the group cannot stand. So not much change there.

Though really its grasp of Science was a riot. That and the human villains loving toxic environments, for reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzOO5_77lE
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.