[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel's Universe-8 hypercrisisy thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (296KB, 994x769px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
296KB, 994x769px
Can you name all the times the Marvel comics have destroyed the Universe and rebuilt exactly the same, /co/?
The whole "we Universe-8 now" spiel in Ewing's Avengers books got me thinking; Ewing loves comic continuity, so surely instead of Universes 1 to 6 being shit that predates the Marvel Universe, they're points in Marvel comics history where everything was blown up and reformed, just like in Secret Wars.
E.g.: In 2011 the Marvel Universe was annihilated during Chaos War and Herc brought it all back. That was Universe-6 becoming Universe 7. In 2003 Genis-Vell went crazy in Captain Marvel and killed Eternity, only to create a new Eternity. Universe-5 into Universe-6. And that's just shit I've personally read. I think it happened in an old Dr Strange comic too. And Starlin MUST have done it at least once.
>>
>>77481456
>>77481456
I guess it depends on whether you mean the universe or the multiverse - supposedly the difference this time is that the entire multiverse has been destroyed, even though it doesn't work that way and clearly is genuinely infinite (which means even destroying an infinite part of it doesn't mean destroying the whole - it's literally, not mathematically, infinite). As far as destroyed universes go, there were always plenty of dead ones.

In any case it's pretty meaningless; the Odinforce (like the power of Zeus) is capable of just wishing everything better, as are people like Franklin Richards, just because of normal power creep. Story wise they may only have done so for single universes, but that's just because nobody's decided the universe/multiverse is shitty yet and had them fix it back the way it was.

It was falling apart (on a universal, but possibly not multiversal scale) during the entire run of Exiles, which was the point of the Exiles team originally.

There was also something about extradimensional beings in one of the Avengers-in-space stories, I think. Things that made the Celestials look like ants; the most they ever showed was a hand reaching into the universe. Don't really remember the title though.
>>
>>77482401
Infinites
>>
>>77483808
Yes! Thanks, anon.
>>
Earth-8 actually managed to kill its Doom though.
>>
>>77487626
That was a Doombot faget
>>
Korvac saga
>>
File: Marvel_The-End.jpg (196KB, 250x385px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_The-End.jpg
196KB, 250x385px
Starlin did, yeah. Marvel: The End
Not that it mattered to anyone other than Thanos.
>>
I find it hilarious that after years of being called a dollar store Morrison, hickman shows his fanboyisim towards him by renaming the entire competitions universe to match Morrison pastiche of the marvel universe in his story.

why did no one in the marvel higher offices have a problem with it?
>>
>>77490375
No, its still universe 616, now its just the eighth iteration of 616.
>>
File: Doctor_Strange_Vol_2_13.jpg (88KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Strange_Vol_2_13.jpg
88KB, 400x601px
That old Doctor Strange story would be #12-13 in 1976, and I think that's the earliest instance of the world being destroyed and remade in the Marvel Universe. It got some angry letters at the time because people thought the implication that all their heroes died and they were henceforth reading about casually fabricated duplicates made the whole experience meaningless, a feeling that Dr.Strange echoed as the only character to remember the ordeal, at least for a couple minutes before everyone involved forgot about it and moved on.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.