[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw lorefags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: 1316823235336.jpg (48KB, 329x313px) Image search: [Google]
1316823235336.jpg
48KB, 329x313px
>"kid cartoon"
>it "breaks the mold" with an obtuse, overcomplicated, and uninteresting backstory and lore because cartoons can't be fun anymore
>>
>>77477037
>it gets extra views anyways
whats the issue cumlord
>>
Steven Universe.
Also we had the same thread a few days ago.
>>
>>77477037
Bitch, I bet you'd love your waifu robot cartoon if it wasn't so mediocre and had some kind of lore.
>>
File: 24064484_p0.jpg (74KB, 274x388px) Image search: [Google]
24064484_p0.jpg
74KB, 274x388px
>>77477605

i still love it regardlesss
>>
File: steven universe (2).jpg (138KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
steven universe (2).jpg
138KB, 693x693px
>>77477037
>>
>mfw people don't understand that just because something's uninteresting to you doesn't mean that uninteresting to everyone
Faggot OP
>>
Jenny cartoon with lore huh? Hmmmmmm...

>Wakeman only one of multiple scientists funded by government to produce war machine. Rebels and quits and builds hostage rescue robot/daughter instead.
>Jenny must regularly fight off shadowy gov't killing machines in addition to alien threats, mutants, less-silly versions(no Himcules, sorry) of man series adversaries.
>More focus on angst of being a 6'6, 600 lb teenager.
>Crust cousins waaaaaaay bitchier.
>Vexxus and Clust waaaaaay more dangerous.
>Serious romantic tension between Jenny and Brad.
>Tuck even more of a pimp.
>Still light-hearted and fun, though not afraid to explore darker themes.
>Blah blah blah other stuff.

Would watch?
>>
>>77477037
>Not being fun and having lore at the same time.

Shit taste lad.
>>
>>77478091
>(2)
Man you need to get a better hobby.
>>
File: 1ef.png (331KB, 411x580px) Image search: [Google]
1ef.png
331KB, 411x580px
>using the word lore to mean "any given detail in kid's cartoon"
>>
>>77480672
They need some buzzword to discredit shows that they don't like, and 'tumblr' is getting too obvious.
>>
>>77480728
This
>>
>>77477578
And your SU shaming is just as old as it was then.
>>
>>77477901
So do I

jenny <3
>>
>>77479868

I feel like there are better ways to have MLAATR have some continuity without making
it all edgy.

It is first and foremost a slice-of-life cartoon and that's how it should stay.
>>
>>77477037
Because it's so much worse than waifufaggotry
>it's a kids cartoon and it's bad
>but I like this one character and I'd like to fuck her so it's all ok
>>
>>77482097
>a slice-of-life cartoon
Right, as if we didn't have an excess of those already.
>>
File: 18403.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
18403.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>people tout SU and GF for their lore
>watch them
>just basic continuity and foreshadowing

"Lore" doesn't have to be good to get nerds' attention. Instead, it just has to exist.
>>
>>77482216
MUH LORE MUH LORE
>>
File: 1313635671967.jpg (81KB, 274x268px) Image search: [Google]
1313635671967.jpg
81KB, 274x268px
>>77482249
>MUH COMFY MUH COMFY
>>
>>77482249
MUH FUN MUH WAIFUS
>>
>>77482145

Dead serious, do you actually think MLAATR is not a good cartoon?

I mean, it's not legendary or exceptional, but assuming all the waifu-faggotry around it died, I doubt anybody would be as critical of it as they are now.

Writing: 7/10

Setting: 8/10

Protagonist: 7/10

Secondary Character: 9/10

Art Style: 9/10

Action Scenes: 7/10

It's good man. Jenny can be kind of bland, but only because it's the nature of her character; she is supposed to react to the circumstances of her development, not blaze her own path, if that makes sense. The fight scenes can be kind of meh, but it makes up for it by the creative use of tools and weaponry on behalf of Jenny; this ties into the lovely, traditionally-inspired artstyle. You know, it was one of the last shows to feature hand-drawn backgrounds.
>>
>>77482275
it's a solid 5, maybe 6, out of 10
>>
I like MLAATR
>>
>>77482296

Wanna talk about why, buddy?
>>
>>77477037
>cartoons can't be fun anymore
>implying that there aren't a PLETHORA of other cartoons for you to choose from that don't have any "lore"
you're just upset that the shows the "lorefags" like have large fanbases on tumblr and are more popular than the episodic cartoons on TV today
>>
>>77482314
Your opinion seems to heavily depend on the art style which I personally found unappealing, which limited my enjoyment of the show. Rest was fine.
>>
>>77482321
>you're just upset that the shows the "lorefags" like have large fanbases on tumblr and are more popular than the episodic cartoons on TV today

Too true. I don't watch Gravity Falls, Adventure Time or Steven Universe. And yet they receive such a disproportionate amount of attention and discussion (not saying it is undeserved).
>>
File: alrightythen.jpg (7KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
alrightythen.jpg
7KB, 220x124px
>mfw when lore-hating faggots get jealous that cartoons that actually progress their characters and story are more popular than their MUH COMFY SLICE OF LIFE
>myfw these idiots act as if they are no "fun cartoons, even though lore cartoons are fun
>these "fun" cartons far and away out number the toons with lore, but these faggots fail to see this and still make the same bait thread

>mfw im replying to this
>>
>>77482321
Not even that is really true considering how popular Gumball or Harvey Beaks seem to be.
>>
>>77482356

That's funny, because typically I find that while the art style is almost universally lauded, people often harp on the lack of quality characters (particularly Jenny) and flaws in the writing (i.e. not enough jokes).
>>
>>77482381

Lol, look at any Gumball or Harvey Beaks thread. Pales in comparison to the participation in any Adventure Time, steven universe or Gravity falls thread.
>>
>>77477037
Here's your reply
>>
>>77482381
Have you actually been in those threads? Its like 20-30 people replying to each other over 5 days.
/sug/ and /gfg/ go over 150+ easy.
>>
>>77482426
>any Adventure Time, steven universe or Gravity falls thread.
Within which - the latter two, especially - have such little amounts of discussion concerning the show itself in comparison to waifuposting or random shit.
>>
>>77477037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtQd4er_h7E
>>
>>77477037
Part of the reason I was big into Regular Show for a while. Episodes were very formulaic and nothing changed between them. It was always funny trying to figure out what crazy supernatural shit was going to happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>77477037
Here is a lorefree show for you OP
>>
I have no problem with shows having lore and usually prefer at least a bit of continuity and consistent character/setting details (so every episode doesn't just feel like a bunch of random shit that happened), but it's annoying when people bitch about shows clearly not meant to have lore for not having lore, even though they knew going in what they were gonna get.

Or, alternatively, if a show DOES have a plot but also has some standalone/"filler" episodes, constantly bitching "BUT WHERE'S THE LOOOOOOOORE?" when the show is just trying to have a fun episode.

I don't even know. I'm glad shows have "lore," it would be interesting to see new ones that make use of this in the future, but it's not a requirement for being a decent show either.
>>
>>77482739
Remember that one meme about the show?
>>
Hey guys.

What if lorefag shows have bigger threads because there's more stuff to discuss?
>>
>>77483104

Absolutely. The OP is immature in his complaints. Doesn't make the nature of discussing other shows any less disappointing though.
>>
I say we call it "derpest lore."
>>
I've been watching Adventure Time's first season for the past few hours and it's fun desu

I'm not looking forward to when the sweet woman shows up during the second season because SU is really obtuse with the 'lore' bullshit. None of the Gems ever cock around and if they do it's ONLY to expose parts of their past, never just for solving a problem without any feels
>>
>>77477037
>"kid cartoon"
>It's for adults, it gets so much past the censors.
You know they make cartoons for adults, right?
>inb4 "edgy"
>>
>>77483104
>implying it's not 90% shipping degeneracy
when's /gfg/ going to get the /sug/ and /hsg/ treatment?
>>
File: 1428618667508.jpg (75KB, 528x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428618667508.jpg
75KB, 528x400px
>"kid cartoon"
>it's a mediocre show that adults on /co/ only pay attention to because the main character is a girl that they jerk off to and have a collection of personal fantasies about
>>
File: bhWGMYE - Imgur.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
bhWGMYE - Imgur.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>77488027
>it gets a general
>>
>>77488027
>>77488225

she is so cute though
>>
>>77488027
>>77488225

It's probably much better than you give it credit for.
>>
>>77488508
star vs is shit
>>
>>77488608
>star vs

Is that the show we are talking about?
>>
>>77488660
Fits
>>77488027
to a tee.
>>
>>77487931
I hate /gfg/ but I can not in good conscience condemn them to hiatus-based bans when they are ALWAYS on hiatus. I feel sorry for them.

I love Gravity Falls, I mean, I just hate /gfg/.
Same with Steven Universe...
and Star vs. the Forces of Evil...

Maybe I should just stop going to generals.
>>
I'm gonna be a fag and repost what I said in the last thread we had a few days ago about this kind of thing:

The issue isn't necessarily that one is better than the other, but rather that we're currently in a phase that seems to be the two styles colliding in some sort of clunky amalgamation.

Take modern Adventure Time, for example; and how we all pretty much hate it. We all liked the first seasons because of how cartoony and easily-enjoyable they were, but we started easing off when it was turning more and more into a relationship/slice-of-life/'philosophy' deal. You can compare western cartoons to anime, but anime accomplishes this better because it's already diverse enough to the point where it can just have a romance show, or a 'deep' show, or a crazy over the top comedy/action show. Mainstream western animation's problem here is that it hasn't branched out to the point where one show can achieve a purpose outside of "funny" or "cool."

/co/ seems to hate these kinds of shows, like SU and modern AT, because of how 'pretentious' they seem. They're only considered this way because their fanbases like to interpret them as having 'deep' or 'mature' themes, even though they are still western cartoons; primarily watched by children in grade-school. The medium hasn't caught up to the content, and animation in the public's eye hasn't reached the point to go much farther than these awkward mishmashes that are just beginning to be seen as intellectual.

Maybe that might be the best way to describe what /co/ considers 'tumblr'--an attempt at maturity forced through a childlike lens.
>>
Who cares it a fucking kids cartoon jesus Christ it's a godamn cartoon a bunch of motherfucking drawings put in order to give your primitive mind the illusion of movement Christ why the fuck am I even on this godamn website its filled with adults bitching about what fictional character they'd like to fuck acting or doing shit they don't like it's all fake none of it is real all adding up to nothing....God help us all I'm going to sleep
>>
File: moonslice.jpg (199KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
moonslice.jpg
199KB, 540x540px
>>77477037
>posting it again
ebin
>>
>>77483036
peppa the homewrecka
>>
>>77489215
Generals are usually where obsession based autism manifests itself. /gfg/ and /sug/ are particularly bad because people there put more thought into lore based fan-theories than 9/11 truthers.
>>
>>77490141
It happens in /sug/ because people are racing to figure something out before the next episode outright states it, and then they can go "called it!".

It happens in /gfg/ because they're running out of time, man. There's only a few episodes left, we only have 4 fucking years to guess what will happen in 2-3 eps.
>>
Is this going to be the new >pure energy
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.