[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't superman just fly to Syria and stop the Islamic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 23

File: superman damage control.jpg (747KB, 1536x1181px) Image search: [Google]
superman damage control.jpg
747KB, 1536x1181px
why doesn't superman just fly to Syria and stop the Islamic State?

checkmate justice league
>>
i legit said something like this today
>>
>>77459167
His father believed the world would reject him if he stood up to terrorism

what do you think
>>
>>77459167

because superheroes(and by virtue their writers) are completely unable to wrap their heads around the complexity of the factors at play in a war like this.

superman may be capable of reading books cover to cover in seconds, understand the complex ethnic and religious nuances of these armed groups, keep track of and judge their actions fairly, and act in a way that would minimize or extinguish violence and destruction, but the people in charge sure aren't.

do you think he'd stop Turkey, an US ally, from bombing Kurds, an US ally, while attacking ISIS, a Saudi puppet, which is also an US ally?
>>
>>77459430
Exactly. At what point do you choose one nation over another? One ethnicity? One religion? One religious sect?

Besides, Supes and Co. have their hands full taking care of overpowered supervillains without messing with the rank-and-file asshats who just decided one day that they hate every person who doesn't believe or act like they do.
>>
>>77459167
Why doesn't Flash hop on the cosmic treadmill, run back in time and punch Muhammad's mother in the womb and father in the balls?
>>
>Why doesn't he just capture Assad for the US?

>Why doesn't he throw Kim Jong Un in the Phantom Zone?

>Why doesn't he help Iran find an alternative power to nuclear energy?

>Why doesn't he stop all the genocides in Burma, Egypt, and Africa?

Maybe its because he isn't as super as people think
>>
>>77459589
>>77459430
Eh, in a elseworlds I'd like to seem them tackle it sensibly, without going retarded like Red son or Injustice

I don't think its so much that the League/AVengers couldn't do it, that Marvel/DC are not going to do it
>>
>>77459929
>Why doesn't he
1. Because it won't solve anything.
2. Because you can't put Earth in a glass bottle.
>>
I like how Wonder Woman only get involved with World Affairs when it involves women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ3IvqsJaVo
>>
Darkseid and Doomsday are bit higher on the priority list than some terrorists with guns and bombs.
>>
>>77460025

Terrorists with guns and bombs just killed over a hundred people yesterday in Paris

Lets not forget that France is a first world country member of the EU, UN, and NATO
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>77460002
>Because you can't put Earth in a glass bottle.
The hero we need and deserve.
>>
File: SMDOOM-1-2-3-4efef.jpg (477KB, 1200x923px) Image search: [Google]
SMDOOM-1-2-3-4efef.jpg
477KB, 1200x923px
>>77460088
Sure, but in Superman's world Doomsday kills a hundred people every second just by existing.
>>
>>77460088
Darkseid wants to destroy the entire planet.
>>
Aren't like 2 of the Green Lanterns soldiers?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ask them?
>>
>>77459959
What?

League and Avengers are fictional. They by definition cannot do anything on their own without someone writing it.
>>
>>77460088
Darkseid threatens to kill all existence. 100 lives is nothing.

Good think mentioned France, because those deaths in Barma are not worthy of attention. Their lives are inferior to those of French, right?
>>
File: 313421991910`.png (94KB, 528x737px) Image search: [Google]
313421991910`.png
94KB, 528x737px
>>77459167
wait I thought Superman wasn't real?
>>
>>77460089
this tbqhwy
>>
File: grant_chblog.jpg (143KB, 400x579px) Image search: [Google]
grant_chblog.jpg
143KB, 400x579px
>>77460276
>>
Does these things even happen on the comic? For what we know, there aren't many muslim terrorism on DC.
>>
>>77460004
>wonder woman taller than superman, telling him off for being a puss, helping women carry out their righteous revenge in a morally grey manner.
yes. this. why can't DC do more of this? I'm sick of wonder woman taking a back seat to her own relationships with more famous characters like batman/superman. It's all people talk about with the character now. Just let her do her own thing for fuck's sake.
>>
>>77459347
OK

how is it possible that any crime exists in the same world as a superhero who can literally hear everything from fucking space and understand it and who can also teach himself brain surgery in the time it takes a human to say "brain surgery"

>inb4 nobody pumps the Batmobile's tyres

fucking Supesfags are the worst

fuckin prawns
>>
>>77459589
the point at which you're standing for truth, justice, and the AMERICAN way

he'd kill them all
except the ones he waterboarded for fun
>>
That would be racist!
>>
File: image.jpg (448KB, 594x913px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448KB, 594x913px
There is a Superman that involves himself in foreign affairs.
>>
>>77460910
I find it funny that Morrison says he's inspired by Obama, then in the comic he puts his fist through not-Iran's secret nuclear facility.
>>
>>77460342
This is the in-universe explanation.

But in reality they made Supes slap japs in WWII but have since regretted it because not only did the japs get their shit together and make some fappable cartoons, the world is very PC today and shies away from things that might seem wrong in retrospect.

When in reality, in 100 years everyone will acknowledge how fucking retarded islam is and will be glad it's been wiped out, just like Nazism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YDO8HR_2Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChakneDOfuM
>>
Tom Scott has a solid discussion of pretty much exactly this, about how superheroes are vastly underusing their talents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJt8yzR2aoY
>>
>>77460396
You should read New Frontier, it's pretty good.
>>
>>77460824
Superman only stood for the American Way during WW2, the original motto always has been Truth and Justice.
>>
File: 1027_4_053.jpg (73KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
1027_4_053.jpg
73KB, 400x586px
Golly, it's almost as if a world that has super-intelligent time-traveling apes and weather-controlling wizards don't exactly mesh well with a world that has ethnic genocide, slave labor, and sex trafficking.
>>
>>77460910
Superbama is one bad day away from Red Son
>>
>>77460824
>The American Way is the way the government does stuff

Okay. I mean, it's not as if this country is anything but our government.
>>
>>77461344
you're meant to kill your government when they stop representing your interests
>>
>>77460088

Darkseid wants to destroy the universe and recreate it in his image
>>
>>77461271
Eh, he helped save the Multiverse, he's got my vote.
>>
They've tried to fight against these things in the past. During WW2 the excuse/reasoning that they couldn't just go and punch out Hitler - With the exception of Cap - was that Hitler had the Spear of Destiny, which gave him great powers of persuasion, akin to full on mind control. It's also how Hitler came to power in universe. Now imagine Hitler if he had the power of Superman on his side. Hell, in one comic he took over The Spectre, and fucked shit up.

As such you'd more commonly see heroes helping out on the home front. German spies and Nazi unsurgents were a big deal during the war, both in real life and in comics, so you'd often see Supes or Cap beating up Mean Old Mr Kraut, and telling kids not to listen to him. A common story line would be an unsurgent tricking good American boys and girls to their side, and involving them in the German war effort without their knowledge. You know,'Hey kid, if you take this package to this guy, I'll give you some candy' sort of thing. Since this was a real life fear, they mostly acted as a means of propaganda/teaching children to be careful of strangers/loose lips sink ships etc.
>>
>>77461344
damn straight

>>77461409
damn straight

>>77461238
during and also after

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GflKh9jlCg

i mean just fuckin google it anon, there are articles from this year about how that's what Supes stands for
>>
>why doesn't a private american citizen go to other countries and kill/kidnap whoever he wishes
Wonder how americans would feel if some foreign superpowered jerk just flew in and started killing the heads of the cia and nsa along with a couple of the more jingoistic senators you have before flying off with obama.
>>
>>77462442
>implying Superman is an American citizen
Fucking illegal immigrants
>>
The better question is in a world of people with powers why do barely any of them serve in the army?

Why don't the Arabic mutants stop the terrorists/dictators? Or hell why aren't there any ISIS members with superpowers in comics?
>>
>>77459167
Because Superman has to stop the Toyman!
>>
>>77459167
There was this one comic about modern superman meeting golden age superman, golden age tried to be an activist and solve those issues by himsef, but he just ended up pissing off a lot of people, at the end Superman explained that the reason why he never does shit like this is because he is a symbol, rather than trying to fix humanities problems he stays there and inspires them to be better by themselves by simply doing good deeds, which is true because no matter how fast and strong you may be, you can't stop ideas from existing
>>
>>77459589
>At what point do you choose one nation over another? One ethnicity? One religion? One religious sect?

He's Superman you donut. He just stops people before they can blow themselves up or gun down an entire theater full of people. He stops them every time until they get bored and do something else.
>>
I think the more important question w need to ask is

How do any Middle Eastern Terrorist groups exist in a world with Black Adam?
>>
>>77464752
The biggest one is a group of his cultists
>>
>>77464673
A terrorist organization sets up acts of terror worldwide simultaneously so that not even he can stop them all. All it takes is for one to succeed to give him the aura of vulnerability, and then the acts multiply as the bad guys realize they -can- beat him or any other super if they wear them down.

Yes, Supes can monitor the whole world, but he can't simultaneously -process and act- on the plans and actions of every individual. He would miss something and ultimately fail to stop everything.

It's the dilemma of everyone entrusted to protect against bad guys - good guys have to succeed all of the time, but bad guys only have to succeed once. Failure shows weakness, and weakness can be exploited.

Listen to the words of Leonard McCoy:
> "Spock, I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is very, very careful."

Putting all of your eggs in one basket is not being careful, even if it's someone like Superman. You have to trust in his ability to protect you as well as trust in his willingness to keep protecting you.
>>
>>77459167
Because he's not real, retard.
>>
>>77459167
He swore to not be Earth's mother hen.

This is our fight, not Sup's.
>>
>>77465207
Superman can stop the crime, but he can't stop the hate that fuels it. That's our job.
>>
>>77465259
What if we decide our job of stopping the hate involves killing a huge amount of radical Muslims? We can't do it logistically, but Superman can with his super flight, x-ray vision, and twin neck snappers.

Would he help us then?
>>
File: captain_atom_008.jpg (25KB, 479x489px) Image search: [Google]
captain_atom_008.jpg
25KB, 479x489px
>>77465475
>Would he help us then?

Questions like that are why the military created their own Supermen rather than rely on the alien
>>
>>77460256

Darkseid isn't attacking every day.
>>
Did none of you fuckers read Red Son or Mastermen?
>>
>>77464663

Actually, you can. We lost a shitton of knowledge when the Library at Alexandria burned and it was a factor in ushering in the Dark Ages.

Ideas die if the records of them and people who know them die. They can be rediscovered, of course, but they'll treat it as new.
>>
>>77464673

People have been fighting there for eons. They're not getting bored anytime soon.
>>
>>77459430
I want Superman to take the planet over already.

Put that shit in a bottle f.am
>>
>>77465992

>slippery slope

I get really tired of this argument. People known for profound moral character don't suddenly go Justice Lord.
>>
>>77460088
I bet Joker kills a hundred just by farting up and executing a new plot.
>>
>>77464663
sounds like a bullshit lazy copout.

>trying to change things the nitty gritty way is hard man and people might not like you, just stick to solving black and white situations and chill.
>>
Because he's a fictional franchise character made to make money off of nerds and saps.
>>
>the revolutionary charcter of OG supes will never EVER come back

Early Action Supes from new 52 is the closest we'll get.
>>
File: It'sfuckingnothing.gif (1MB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
It'sfuckingnothing.gif
1MB, 250x168px
>>77460954
>Implying that wasn't Not-Iraq
>>
>>77459703
>Flashpoint, part deux
>New 52 x 10

No thanks
>>
>>77459430
lol all you have to do is kill all of them
>>
>>77459167
In the comics, ISIS have super-powered magic supervillains.
>>
>>77459430
This US person seems like a fickle friend, or just a female.
>>
>>77460910
>>77459167
The second part of that story was basically Wonder Woman explaining how him entering politics has corrupted his original ways of truth, justice and American ways, and answers OP's question as well. What he sees as the greater good for the world isn't necessarily the greater good for everyone.
>>
>>77466001
Well maybe back in the day when books took months to years to make and there was only one in existence.

But now we have dissemination of knowledge through printed books, then the telegraph/telephone which sped up stuff like the news and war, and now finally we have a vast network of human knowledge and experiences that the majority of the people on earth have access to from convenient terminals in or near their homes, and even right in their hands almost anywhere they are.

So, yeah, nowadays ideas are pretty easy to spread and hard to kill. Which is why ISIS can get kids who grew up in america to go blow themselves up halfway across the world.
>>
>>77459167

>fly to Syria to stop ISIS

Wrong direction. He'd have to fly to the US to stop the flow of arms, and money.
>>
File: 1429409355407.jpg (53KB, 759x723px) Image search: [Google]
1429409355407.jpg
53KB, 759x723px
Are we all ignoring the fact that Superman doesn't kill?

What good is stopping a terrorist if you don't kill them?
>>
>>77466039
I would be okay with it too.

How about the people of earth be democratic about this? Superman says what changes he would implement and how shit would be run and then lets everyone cast a vote to decide to either submit to live under his rule or not. He can either:

A) take everyone who wants to live with him as their leader/protector to a colony he builds on another planet and tell the people left on earth to fuck off and ask someone else for help from now on.

or B) if a majority of the earth would like to live under his rule he can just do it but people can't bitch and moan afterwards because they gave informed consent by popular vote.
>>
>>77467994
Terrorists want to be remembered for giving their life to the cause
>>
File: 1437518051936.jpg (2MB, 1987x3054px) Image search: [Google]
1437518051936.jpg
2MB, 1987x3054px
He would fuck that up too.
>>
>>77460797
Because Superman prior to his depowering has lately been fighting against "super crime" and is about giving humanity it's personal space to stand up on it's own two feet instead of him having to change the human race's collective diapers every time. And now that he is depowered he can't do anything about those types of issues since he even bleeds from being stabbed with a fork.
>>
>>77467994
But which version of Superman are you talking about? Otherwise say,"Most incarnations of Superman don't kill".
>>
>>77459167
Since when does intervening with massive amounts of force solve complex socio political issues,
>>
>>77461211
>>77460396

The comic where Diana is a prop for Supeman's development thirsty for his Dick, quits after two scenes and literally ends bleeding out kissing him so he can save the day (and then job) THAT New Frontier
>>
>>77468430
>depowered
I haven't read any New 52, have they made supes significantly weaker?
>>
>>77469567
He bleeds from getting stabbed with silverware. You tell me.
>>
>>77469793
Yeah that was a dumb question. What I meant I guess was the circumstances of it.
>>
>>77469896
You mean what caused it? Well at first Clark had discovered his super flare, which renders him absolutely powerless for an entire day. After that they had him run into crooks that use guns with beams that somehow sap Supes' powers and he hasn't really recovered that much from it.
>>
>>77470489
I don't get this. Have't writers figured out you don't need to give him less powers to write an interesting story? I mean not that you can't make him weaker or depower him entirely yet still make an interesting story, but I don't like it when they use cheap tactics as a crutch for generating drama. Like relationship drama, people dying, cancer, dead animals, rape, child abuse/rape, etc... All these things can be handled well but they should also be used conservatively as they tend to turn a story into melodramatic bullshit fast and they come off to the audience as cheap.

All I can say is I hope they're at least making these decisions to make a good story that people want to read.
>>
>>77459167
because wonder woman will kick his ass midway for not being inclusive
>>
>>77471243
Wait what? She's pro-Superman, falls in coma and what next? She beats him up and rejoins his team?
>>
>>77471299
Yes
>>
>>77459167
IS holds the Spear of Destiny, duh
>>
>>77465926
Neither are fanatic mad fucks in France
>>
File: hitler.jpg (86KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
86KB, 500x399px
>>77472222
>implying
We all know not!Hitler has it
>>
File: 1249569202018.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1249569202018.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
>>77475120
Wrong again
>>
File: miracleman.jpg (23KB, 702x336px) Image search: [Google]
miracleman.jpg
23KB, 702x336px
>>77459167
Miracleman did it
>>
>>77459167
Because he lets humans deals with human troubles.
>>
>>77459167
Injustice Supes pretty much does that. He walks in Not-Sadam's castle while literally the entire army tries to stop him, he just bitch slaps them off and flys Not-Sadam to America for trial.
>>
>>77460339
Why does Grant Morrison looks so Evil? Is it because of the baldness? It's because of the baldness, isn't it?
>>
because superman knows that no insurgency has ever been defeated by the strategy of "kill every terrorist"
>>
>>77471243
How did Wonder Women beat Superman?
>>
>>77476609
She knows how to fight better than he does
>>
Because vaguely defined, retarded reasons.
>>
>>77469093
Since... well, the start of civilization?
>>
>>77467994
Make it easier for someone else to kill them?

Kind of hard to fight if some asshole swoops down out of the sky and steals all your shit.
>>
>>77459167
Islamic State doesn't exist in DC Universe.
In fact, even with Qurac and shit, political situation in the middle east is WAY more stable in DC Comics, most likely thanks to superheroes, who also make sure that stuff like Qurac doesn't get out of hand, making stuff like Iraq War unnecessary.
>>
>>77459589

Superman takes the time to save girls from jumping off buildings, I think it might be reasonable to free some sex slaves in Iraq.

"Oh no humanity will grow to be dependent on me. They must learn to free sex slaves for themselves."
>>
File: 1444444119091.jpg (692KB, 2979x2021px) Image search: [Google]
1444444119091.jpg
692KB, 2979x2021px
Comic books, with all their outlandish shenanigans like the fact that Superman is a thing that exists and as such the universe's logic must form around him existing, such as anti-Superman government protocols and maybe Genesis's Land of Confusion never being made because Superman was only active in the 21st century in Nu52, but what really makes a superhero comic is that it at least reflects a world like ours to an extent. Justified in-universe with Superman's hands-off approach to certain things.

You know stuff like Superman/Batman Generations or Red Son where they're active over a long period of time, and time actually passes(and Superman being functionally immortal lets him be active in many decades)?

You ask Superman to get involved in a real world event, eventually you're gonna turn the whole DC universe into speculative fiction focused around fallout from his behavior.

Superman in Nu52 might've been too young to stop 9/11 but what would stop him from scanning all of Afghanistan and Pakistan for Bin Laden early in Obama's first term and smothering a nascent ISIS, then liberating North Korea or even more daringly overthrowing the Communist Party in China or stopping the Russian seizure of Ukrainian territory?

Or hell, using his freeze breath to stop droughts at least.

Also, getting a superhero involved in real world antics outside of a superhero origin(e.g. a hero like John Stewart with a military background could be a veteran of recent military actions) might be a bit gauche.

Has there ever been an elseworlds story where Superman made an appearance to the world in the late 1930s, crushed the Axis quickly on behalf of the U.S. after Pearl Harbor in 1941, and then started shaping history from there? Stopping the Soviets from ever expanding communist influence, quelling breakouts of violence in Africa and the Middle East.

Hell, even stumping for civil rights and social welfare in United States after the war? Or even using alien tech to improve the world?
>>
>>77469093

a war is not that complex

>niggas gettin' blasted for democracy
>>
>>77477662
And that is Superman's dilemma.

Humanity -should- be sufficiently motivated to stop those sort of travesties from happening, so why aren't they doing that now? And what motivation will they have to act against the minor things when Superman eliminates the need to fight against the the big ones?
>>
>>77481123
He shouldn't be doing anything then.
>>
>>77459167
When the US military rejected him, he didn't fly to Germany and pulp Hitler, he sold war bonds.

Clark believes in procedure and protocol.
>>
Super Dinosaur and Robot had the right idea in Invincible
>>
>>77477662
Why don't those poor people just get jobs?
>>
>>77478119
>speculative fiction focused around fallout from his behavior.

This is precisely what I want. Superhumans would change everything, and I'm sick of this status quo 'world outside your window' bullshit.
>>
>>77459167
Because cape authors tend to be shitty like that and are terrified of potential backlash but don't want to bother with 'alternate histories' sort of thing.

This is why my own cape story is set in an alternate 1960's.
>>
File: captain america on foreign wars.jpg (264KB, 592x588px) Image search: [Google]
captain america on foreign wars.jpg
264KB, 592x588px
>>77459167
Because every time we do that IRL it just makes things worse.
>>
>>77459167
The government secretly sent in Suicide Squad to take care of it instead.
>>
>>77467994
Because the terrorists already kill themselves. Supes just has to make sure they don't take other people with them.

So basically just superspeed bear hug them when they're about to akbar and we're all good. Or toss them into the air so they explode like fireworks.
>>
File: bin al fleck.jpg (151KB, 711x711px) Image search: [Google]
bin al fleck.jpg
151KB, 711x711px
>>77459703
>It's all Islam's fault
>The latest string of attacks have nothing to do with retaliation for the US's greed that have led to a death toll of millions

You mouthbreathers are the reason why WB thinks a Crisis storyline would be too complicated
>>
>>77476568
That's only because we can't kill every terrorist. Not even with all our modern remote controlled death planes. Superman however, easily could. Well, one of the higher tier Supermans could.
>>
>>77467974
Actually he'd fly to space and disintegrate all jews using his heat vision.
>>
>>77459167
Politics in the DC Universes are different in general because of the fact metahumans exist. For example, 9/11 was never mentioned in Post-Crisis, leading fans to assume it never happened in that continuity. Terrorist organizations exist in DC, but few of them are terrorists we deal with in the real world.
>>
>>77483816
Literally ISIS
>>
>>77485121
No, they are "The League"
>>
>>77476609
she just did it, she pinched him until he fall, he tried to defend but it just wasn´t good enough
>>
>>77484491

Pretty much. But, well, they're running a business and they've got to give the 'tards what they want.
>>
>>77460002
But...finding an alternative power source would actually and in fact solve everything.
>>
>>77484491
>The latest string of attacks have nothing to do with retaliation for the US's greed that have led to a death toll of millions

>Dindu Nuffin: West Asian Edition
>>
Let's take a step back for a minute.

No more speculative fiction, no more "because the writers say so", none of that meta-narrative stuff.

Let's all pretend for a second that Superman is real, and he's been doing things for years.

What logical reason could he give for why Lex Luthor is more worthy of his attention than someone like Kim Jong Un?
>>
>>77489199
Because Kim is an inherently doomed ruler of some ass backwards country no one cares about and Luthor could theoretically conquer the world if left unchecked.
>>
>>77471243
so we can finally say that wonder woman is streonger than superman
>>
>>77485121
>>77485983
They're actually slightly saner than ISIS.
>>
>>77489199
Because Lex is in the same city as him.

Take care of your own back yard first.
>>
>>77459167
Because he doesn't consider himself a god, justified in passing down holy judgement nor is he willing to play politics so instead he limits his use of power to stopping crimes that are considered universally wrong and protecting the earth from outside alien threats and apocalyptic scenarios.
>>
>>77459589
Well one religion in particular makes no mistake of the fact they are completely incompatible with everyone else and swear the destruction of all other cultures but their own.
If you want to protect the majority than the necessary sacrifice is obvious.
>>
>>77459281
Then you are the person OP is making fun of.
>>
>>77466039
What did those assholes change senpai to?
>>
>>77464946
That's why you need the Justice league, so you can have Superman, Flash, Batman, Wonder-woman etc all stop different terrorists around the world and shut down their operations.

If you keep killing militants eventually they are going to run out of militants (if nothing else you'll render the entire region extinct if they keep turning to wanton murder)

We all know that is where this is going anyway. Eventually the rest of the world is going to get fed up with Islams shit and turn the entire middle east into a sheet of glass once everyone who could object has gotten suicide bombed one too many times and doesn't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>77459167
Because ISIS is not the thing you solve with force.
If it was, don't you think it would have been stopped by now by the constant bombings?
To destroy ISIS would would require devestating the entire region of Syria and Iraq and killing a bunch of civilians in the crossfire. The problem is the people there
>>
>>77496090
So let's just get rid of all the people there. Easy.
>>
>>77496090
>don't you think it would have been stopped by now by the constant bombings?
The force isn't the issue.
The issue is lack of intel and collateral damage.

If you had superman level force you could remove militants with zero collateral damage. It wouldn't be controversial. Nobody innocent would be dying when the collateral damage from a head removing punch to the face is zero. The only person that dies from it is the target.
>>
File: 3433382-8.jpg (16KB, 586x268px) Image search: [Google]
3433382-8.jpg
16KB, 586x268px
>>77459430
>do you think he'd stop Turkey, an US ally, from bombing Kurds, an US ally, while attacking ISIS, a Saudi puppet, which is also an US ally?
I think Clark "Superman" Kent would do anything and everything that would be profitable for his beloved country. That's why he ain't doing shit in this, and many many other cases.

>>77460824
>truth, justice, and the AMERICAN way
THIS
H
I
S

>>77481123
Is this what uncle Kent was trying to teach him?
>>
>>77460256
>Darkseid threatens to kill all existence. 100 lives is nothing.
Super mental hoops for Superman's super apologist.
If one life is not worthy for the mighty Supershmuck to move his ass and save it, how is 100, 1000 or billions upon billions of the fucking same shit actually worth anything?
If there was a Big Bad who threatened to kill all the humans in one day, would Supes act? If there was Bad Big who threatened to kill 100 people a day everyday for all eternity, would Supes act?
How Bad and how Big would one be to be considered Big and Bad enough for Supes to do anything?
>100 lives is nothing
Fuck off to your Fortress of Ineptitude, you dome ass.
>>
>>77478119
>Has there ever been an elseworlds story where Superman made an appearance to the world in the late 1930s, crushed the Axis quickly on behalf of the U.S. after Pearl Harbor in 1941, and then started shaping history from there? Stopping the Soviets from ever expanding communist influence, quelling breakouts of violence in Africa and the Middle East.
What kind of rules and ideals would drive him though? Would he be a servant to the government (so, say, Star Spangled Son?)? What would be his stance on the Vietnam War (if it ever happened in this universe)? What about the zionist/jewish settling in the Palestine and the following atrocities? And that's one thing. What about social values? How would him being brought up in the pre-war times (late 1930's won't give him enough time to grow up innit?) shape his older/adult self? Would he be OK with segregation? Homosexuals?
What would be his stance on copyrights?
All nice and dandy if you don't think too much about it.
>>
>>77483816
>assassins
>using katanas
A cliché I can't get behind.
>>
>>77496699
>What about the zionist/jewish settling in the Palestine and the following atrocities?

His presence could explain how the Jews won against such overwhelming odds.
>>
>>77498312
>overwhelming odds
>army deserters carrying out gear and weaponry against the overwhelming odds of barefooted herdsmen
SUPES SAVE US AY VEY
>>
>>77464946
>Supes can monitor the whole world, but he can't simultaneously -process and act- on the plans and actions of every individual.
In theory Flash could right? I bet he would get bored out of it but for fuck sake, he evacuated entire countries one by one before!
>>
>>77498575
>5 invading Arab armies
>vs. barely armed self-defense militias

How can you get history so backwards?
>>
>>77500158
/pol/
>>
>>77459167
Because that would be white superman oppressing coloured peoples.
>>
He's not real yeh moron
>>
>>77459167
ISIS is a puppet of the US, and by extension, Israel and the Jewish bankers.
>>
>>77459167
>why doesn't superman just fly to Syria and stop the Islamic State?

Why Warner Brothers does not want the Islamic state drops bombs to their studies, so it is more convenient than Superman fight against Doomsday and Darkseid that against real threats from the real world

why that we never see the Avengers or Shield attacking a terrorist camp of ISIS in the comics
>>
>>77500910
You guys really need to read the previous arc of Suicide Squad.
>>
File: Based Flash.jpg (901KB, 1200x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Based Flash.jpg
901KB, 1200x1860px
>>77499522
It's been done, kinda
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.