[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a living out of a webcomic without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: LameBro.jpg (149KB, 1280x1040px) Image search: [Google]
LameBro.jpg
149KB, 1280x1040px
Is it possible to make a living out of a webcomic without selling yourself?
>>
>>77451967

the whole fucking point is selling a product man.

seriously I don't understand people with these attitudes.

>sell my ip for hundereds or even tens of thousands of dollars? but I'll lose creative control!

people sell products to make money, not to fulfill your childish idea of being a non-phony. how many times do you have to read catcher in the rye to be this deluded.
>>
You should only sell yourself if you kinda get off on it.
>>
>>77451967
Why mean like selling your body? I assume thats not a requirement.
>>
>>77451967
Accepting donations either through that patreon thing or some other thing, selling merchandise based off of your comic, taking or offering commissions I suppose.
Selling your comic, printed, as a bundle or collection.
>>
>>77452144
I mean, you wouldn't be able to make an actual living unless you had another job, but it could get something out of it.
>>
>>77452153
Not necessarily. There are quite a few now that make webcomics full time. Apparently Ashley Cope made all of her money just from book sales even before Paetron.
>>
>>77451967
your comic is yourself, so literally no
>>
>>77452080
The problem with them wanting to make changes is they arent even getting what they paid for. it's bad business and it rarely works out
look at batman beyond.. they wanted to do something fucking retarded, but at LEAST they ran the idea past the team that GOT them where they are with GOOD batman first. They let them do it on their own terms, and they polished that turd til it gleamed.
>>
When you have actually started a webcomic it's just better to drop all the worries. Yeah it can go badly, but what can you do? You've gotta jump in it with both feet.
>>
what the fuck are you people talking about?
>>
>>77451967
why bother worrying yourself over it, you're never gonna create a webcomic people will pay for anyway.
>>
File: acording to plan.jpg (67KB, 285x199px) Image search: [Google]
acording to plan.jpg
67KB, 285x199px
>>77451967
There is nothing wring with seeling yourself to your public.

As long as you dont feel unconfortable with it, you are just giving people what they want.

Dont feel ashamed to make people have a good time.

The only important thing tho, is to make what makes you HAPPY. Dont pander with things that make you really unconfortable, it is unhealthy and usually people can see it.

Try to do the best that you can, and see if it work, but dont feel like you are entitled about it if it doesnt work. Remember that this is a BUSINESS, you are offering your art for other people for pleasure, its your work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.