[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Telltales the Walking Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 16

Thoughts?
>>
>>76670584
about time best girl gets a focus
>>
>>76670584

I kinda feel ttg is wearing out the license.
>>
My biggest gripe is the logo change.

It makes me worried its going to start pandering to the TV show audience
>>
>>76670584
S1 > S2 > 400 Days

I don't hate 2 like a lot of people but it was still weaker than the first.

Loner Clem best S2 ending.
>>
S2 lacked the same impact as S1, I'm not sure if that's because the writing was less believable (clem the 11(?) year old girl gets fucking shot but keeps moving on as if it was nothing) or just because the telltale formula's been done and when little to nothing is changed about it there's nothing to keep lasting appeal

I sincerely hope it's better than the abomination that is Minecraft Story Mode
>>
>>76670782
You can tell that season 2 had less of a direction. Season 1 felt like the story was there to be played while season 2 felt like events just happened without any big leadup.
>>
>>76670782
Is story mode really that bad or do people just have shit colored glasses because it's minecraft?

Let's say the game dropped all references to minecraft including the art style, and the game was an original ip, how would it be?
>>
Season 2 was very weak in the plot and had a lot less memorable characters that you cared about, unlike season 1. Clem is still cool though.

I don't remember much about 400 Days other than liking Nate a lot for some reason. I think if he returns and isn't played as a straight up villain he can be an awesome, ambiguous character.
>>
>>76670584
Telltale game has one type of games, and they're getting old fast.
>>
S1 > 400 Days > S2

You could tell that they were winging it in season 2 with certain scenes , like when Bonnie flipped out on Clem for no fucking reason, but it was still enjoyable. (The ending with Kenny is the best ending because Clem and the baby are in a safe zone unlike the other endings.)

That being said: Until Dawn has ruined this game for me.
>>
Season 1 was pretty great.
400 Days was okay, but its ultimate total pointlessness hurts it.
Season 2 was mostly terrible.
>>
>>76671015

I've watched the whole thing on youtube, I'm not just memespouting
Literally every character fits the archetype of 'snarky douchebag', just about all they do is bicker with each other. One of the characters also tries to be the dumb comic relief (think Boom Knuckles, but none of the jokes are funny and he comes off as thoroughly unlikeable)
The plot is even more childish and pedestrian than saturday morning cartoons, but they try and make it more mature by throwing in a few 'hell's and 'crap's. The worst crime this game commits is it takes itself too seriously. It's basically the polar opposite of the lego movie - the art direction is horrible since they tried to add more detail to an (already horrible) pixel and voxel mishmash by introducing angled rectangles and half pixels, none of the characters are likeable, the plot is awful and tries way too hard to be serious while failing horribly, and as a result there's zero emotional investment in the characters which is a death sentence in a game centered around your choices influencing what happens to other characters.

Speaking of, there's almost no ways to die in the game at all. Even if you fail QTEs another character just comes in and saves your ass

If the game was an original IP it would be universally panned. Since it's using the minecraft IP it will probably sell better than most other TT games.
>>
>>76671104
What is until dawn?
>>
>>76671147

Just an example of how unlikeable the dumb character is

>steals a potion from the bad guy's lair because he wants to steal something
>later the group realises that potion is the only thing that can stop the evil monster thing
>[dumb guy], use the potion you stole!
>"What? Finders keepers!"

You can argue it's meant to be for kids which can excuse the simple plot but it's really no excuse for downright bad dialogue and unlikeable characters
>>
>>76670782
>S2 lacked the same impact as S1

I heard the writers got stretched out between other projects when they did S2, and that's why it wasn't as good as S1.
>>
>>76671284
This is true.

Supposedly they are putting ridiculous effort into season three though so hopefully it's as good as season one
>>
File: Episode_three_kenny.png (1019KB, 629x812px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Episode_three_kenny.png
1019KB, 629x812px
We can all agree that Kenny a shit, right?
>>
File: 1409272749318.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409272749318.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Pretty much what everyone else said, Season 1 is better than season 2, but both are enjoyable. Had a blast playing through both with my sister. Wasn't sure she'd be into it, but she's obsessed with it now.
>>
>>76671332
He cared about Clem but that doesn't mean he wasn't a rage fueled retard for like 70% of the game.
And
>I got lucky. Real lucky.
Fantastic writing Telltale luck will get him out of a cramped alley full of zombies with both exits sealed you fucking hacks.
>>
Geeze. I think I might actually have to pass on this. One of the main things I hated about Game of Thrones was having key characters in the story.

Now the main character is going to be an existing character. Not feeling it.
>>
>>76671332
S1 kenny was shit, but for some reason I found him the only interesting character in season 2.
>>
File: JanefagPlsDiePie.jpg (45KB, 846x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
JanefagPlsDiePie.jpg
45KB, 846x194px
>>76671332

Kenny did nothing wrong
>>
>>76671354
that's a very interesting way to spell geez
>>
>>76671104
It was REALLY fucking suspension of disbelief breaking the way they treated her at times.
>>
>>76671183
>What is until dawn?

If a David Cage game was actually good.
>>
>>76671388
Did he side with Kenny for most of the game but then end up killing him at the end? Because that's what I did.
>>
>>76670584
Hey remember those kinda likable characters you ended S1 with? FUCK YOU MORE KENNY. EVERYONE WILL DIE UNTIL YOU ACCEPT KENNY. THIS TIME HIS PARANOID DELUSIONS ARE ALL TRUE FOR NO REASON
>>
Is this a stealth Best Friends thread?
>>
>>76671480
Fuck off, nobody even mentioned them until you.
>>
>>76671480
With how they played S2 everyone is just trying desperately to forget
I disliked Kenny too but when shitting on him became the sole source of commentary the LP really became boring
>>
>>76671388
But Jane did deserve to die for her dumb bullshit

>Endeangering a baby
>Pretending it died
>Intentionally goading Kenny into the fight
>All to "prove" how kenny would act as violently towards jane pulling dumb shit as Kenny reacted towards everything

She slapped a bull's nuts to prove how violent it is when it charged at her in retallation. There was no point to it, nobody ahd any doubts as to how kenny would act if he thought Clem or AJ were hurt or killed. Because Kenny genuinely loved Clem like a daughter, despite all his faults, he would have done anything to protect her

Ill take that over a evil anti social killer bitch who plays games with peoples lives for no goddamned reason
>>
>>76671419

Yeah, they must have said, "You're not like other 12 year olds" like 5 times to remind us how special she is.
>>
>>76671352
>He cared about Clem but that doesn't mean he wasn't a rage fueled retard for like 70% of the game.
He does have anger issues, but he was a in a pretty shitty situation in season 2. Over the course of what, three days?, two of his friends get murdered, he and his girlfriend get kidnapped and enslaved, he loses an eye because Luke sucks, then his girlfriend dies. And then Luke and Jane continue to fuck everything up.
>>
>>76670782
I think one of the weaknesses of S2 is that there wasn't anyone you had a strong bond with, like Clem inS1. Everyone in S2 was an asshole, so there was no reason to get emotionally attached.
>>
>>76670782
>>76670829
>>76671284
What happen was they became to self aware and followed the forms way to closely.

Every episode was so help hazard. They were trying to build some bigger story but it failed. I think a common issue was they kept killing cast off with little background about them. Most of the issue drives by the flaw of writing about an 11 year olds perspective but it's also the factor that they were (at first) trying real hard to hake off the bad rap they had of "choice matters, but not really"

However the biggest sin was rewriting the scrip because they wanted controversy and conflict
.
From episode 2 of season two they were clearly building a Luke vs Kenny fight but this got trash by the last episode because no one like Luke, no, worse by majority people just felt nothing towards the character, at worse he was just a pedo Kenny in some posters eyes.
Now Jane? Huge hit, most people like the concept since her appearance of a loner that actually lives that way. Not edge lord about it, just really believes groups can't last and you must watch yourself and hold no strong attachments, her speech in episode 4 was a clear foreshadowing of the originally planed luke/kenny fight. But again, Luke is unlikable so they rewrote the 5th act making her take the place of luke, but I wager this unearth original plans and made it hard to keep everything from going pants on head stupid (Kenny going crazy on a kid, Jane suddenly caring about a kid she was willing to let die an episode back.Kenny and Jane fighting when before Jane was more incline to side with Kenny) and as such butcher what should have been a interesting fallout.
>>
>black guy and the woman who really wanted to be friends with Clem trying to steal away in the night with that foreign cunt, perfectly willing to leave Clem even though I tried to be nice to all three of them

Literally why.
>>
>>76671538
>THEY ARTIFICIALLY MADE KENNY RIGHT

fuck matt.
>>
>>76671644
Yeah they tried with Sarah but she was just a burden and then was killed off anyway
>>
>>76671752
See
>>76671678
Looking at the setup of ep 3 and 4 I wager the original was for the shoot out to clean out the whole cast. Everyone on the forums was predicting it was gonna be just Clem, Luke, and Kenny left since it was such a huge stand off.
But somehow no one of the main cast died even being surrounded at the end of episode 4.
I really fucking wish they just made a whole story in one go and not this episode bullshit where they can change stuff out of fear of everyone figuring it out.
>>
>>76670629
ttg is going to be the new ubisoft
>>
>>76671678
If Pete had survived and they had made the ending conflict him and Kenny I might have actually had a hard time choosing.
>>
>>76671752
No matter how nice you are to him, or how much you stick up for him, Arvo will shoot you. Because he's a cunt.
>>
>>76671834
>You didn't get the option to feed Arvo to Walkers
I hate that crippled little fuck so bad
I wish I had let Jane rob him
>>
>>76671848
>don't rob him
>he says Jane did later
>Jane shows back up
>this is never brought up again or question

I'm with >>76671678 smells like a rewrite
>>
>>76671911

Its because Jane took his gun.
That he had drawn on an unarmed girl for no provocation and gave no indication that he was going to lower it.
Because he's not human but in fact, pure shit that has some how started walking around and shouting in what it claims is Russian.
>>
>>76671911
I just assumed he was stealing the meds and hid them somewhere else and blamed it on Clem and co
>>
>>76671098
What, two decades of those wasn't enough? One decade of something else and now you pansies can't stand another?
>>
>>76671559
there WAS a point though. she cares about clem, the only way clem would see the monster that kenny had become was to show the truth. save the woman hate for /pol/ or /v/
>>
I enjoyed S2 more than S1, and Tales From the Borderlands is really great to the point I'll be sad when the writing goes back to memebox.
>>
Episode 2 was maybe the high point of S2.
They really drove home just how fucked up and desperate everything had become, and how alone she was.

Then in episode 3 Clem becomes the Lee of the group and has to pull a bunch of dumbasses together than get blamed when anything goes wrong. It was a complete tone shift. You couldn't salvage it past that point.
4 was just a trainwreck where they were trying to skirt between her being a kid and her being the Lee.
>>
>>76672225
I want a Borderlands tv show written by the people behind TFtB
>>
I'm not interested at all in Michonne, I wish they would just hurry up with season 3 so all the episodes can be out in two years.

Also, I like both seasons and I like both Kenny and Jane, though I killed her in the end.
>>
So no Clem this time?
I thought we will be getting season 3 not some miniseries
>>
>>76671441
I tried so hard with Kenny. I sat with him and everything (because fuck those other guys). I was even defending him to Jane up until the final confrontation, but when Kenny went apeshit over her "losing" the baby, I had to put his crazy ass down like a mad dog. I mean, as the player I knew as soon as Jane walked in that rest stop that she didn't actually lose that baby, but apparently Clem didn't so I acted from her POV. And of course I couldn't stay with that crazy bitch Jane afterwards, so I got the highly implausible Badass Babysitter ending.

The lesson to take away from all this is fuck everyone. Seriously, nothing you do or say to anyone matters. Everyone will either disappoint you or die, or both, no matter how much you try to be nice to them or protect them. That baby will probably be dead before the start of the next season because there's no way an 11 year old who can barely feed herself can feed a newborn infant, and when they inevitably bring Christa back I'm telling her to go fuck herself. Loner Clem for life.
>>
>>76672570
Yeah, basically. The moral of the first game was basically that every problem not directly caused by someone fucking up will take everyone's life to fix.

The second game was that everyone is horrible and can only fuck things up.
>>
>>76670692
>Implying siding with Kenny and staying at Wellington isn't the objectively best ending for everyone
>>
>>76672622
Hey, not everyone was horrible. There was... uh, Clem and, uh... that old dude that died before he had a chance to do something worse than just dying. Old Whatshisface. Oh, and one-armed Indian guy. Spineless, maybe, but not especially awful or burdensome.
>>
>>76670782
Season 2 just made me realize how bullshit they were with choices. Sure, they weren't exactly impactful in the first game but at least when they railroaded you it didn't make it feel cheap. The first season also had a clear end goal in mind and the narrative flowed smoothly while in Season 2 everything felt like they were just pulling stuff out of their ass. Don't even get me started on 400 Days being a complete and utter waste.
>>
>>76671332
You literally couldn't be more wrong, like a polar opposite Kenny (who we all know has done everything right).
>>
>>76672708
Big settlements like that have made me nervous since Crawford. It's definitely worse on the outside, but all it takes is one person dying suddenly to turn it into a zombie hive.
>>
>>76670692
>All the characters in 400 days barley show up in season 2
Well fuck you to telltale
>>
>>76671678
This reminds me of the Wolf Among Us how the Crooked Man came the fuck out of nowhere after some players discovered what was supposedly the original twist with the murderer being the Boy Who Cried Wolf (i.e. the cab driver).
>>
>>76672758
I think it had the benefit of being one of the few settlements to look like they actually have their shit together. I mean hell, most 'settlements' look like shitheaps and unstable as fuck yet that gate alone was indicative just how tight a ship they were running.
>>
If there is one character that's overrated, it's fucking Kenny. I can't stand that bastard, and the reason I can't stand him is that at the end of the day, Kenny HAS to be right about everything.
It's either you're with him or against him, it doesn't matter how poor of an idea he has, or if he doesn't do the things he says he will or not, if you call him out on it, YOU'RE THE ENEMY.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Kenny has some value, and is an able bodied man, but I can find someone to replace him if I can, because Kenny's MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY, I DON'T LIKE YOU'RE YOU'RE THE ENEMY. THE BOATS THE BOATS, WE GOTTA GET TO THE BOATS. It's been like 3 months since the Walkers came! Do you think there's any boats? Well, Kenny thinks so, so that's where we're going!
Everyone's been captured by Carver, Kenny wants out! Well, I agree, I want to leave too.
But wait, Kenny has a dumb plan to escape that's going to revolve around luck on managing to escape the building only to walk into a Walker horde with no food, water or supplies. It's insanity. If it wasn't for Clem, they wouldn't have made it out of the building, and if it wasn't for Jane, they wouldn't have made it through the walkers!

And that's what I don't like about Kenny. He'll march everyone through hell and back to hell if he thinks he has a good idea and rarely does, and anyone who doubts him becomes his foe.

I find it rather telling that in order to put Jane on the same "level" as Kenny, she has to pretend to abandon a baby. I don't find Jane, or much of S2 that great, but I'll take her over Kenny.
>>
>>76672818
All this being said, I still would have rather play as Kenny than Clem. Don't get me wrong, I like Clem, but no matter how much tougher she got in those past few years, she's still a 12 year old girl, and it's embarrassing that everyone else in the gang is full of incompetents in order to give her something to do.

It really takes me out of the game when we have moments where people turn to Clem for guidance, or scenes where only Clem can save the day because it's a small space to crawl into, and we need someone small!
It completely took me out of the experience when they turned to Clem and asked her how to use the fuse box. Are you fucking serious? She should have been the last person they asked!
It just gets hard to take some of these scenes seriously when we've got characters like Jane or Carver talking to Clem as if she's going to grow up to into some super warrior.

The other issue with Clem as a main character is that since she's so beloved, they're only willing to dirty her hands so much, so all of your "dark choices" don't really

Kenny, at the very least has a bevvy of problems and issues on his shoulders that could have been used for a lot of creative choices. If you push everyone too hard, maybe they abandon you. If you coddle one or a few characters over the others, maybe the others get angry at you. There are a lot of possibilities to go with.

It just feels like they ham-handed the story.
>>
>>76671777
It was Pat who said that.
I disagree with their wording, but they were right about that.

It doesn't matter what happened, because Arvo shoots you, so the results are
a) Kenny beats up Arvo and SEE LOOK AT THE BASTARD ARVO IS
Or
b) a) Kenny beats up Arvo and SEE LOOK AT THE BASTARD ARVO IS but YOU didn't trust him!

It's a cheap way of having to get around the morality of beating up a character while he's helpless, by showing that he's a piece of shit, regardless if you trusted him or not, he'll still have hurt you.
Personally, if they had shot immediately dispatched Arvo after taking care of his gang, I wouldn't care, but beating him up while he's tied to a fence is over the line.
>>
>>76671332
> janefags
Go die
>>
>>76672908
Nigga, Arvo was a bastard since his first appearance. Him being even more of a bastard was staying the course.
>>
>>76670629
The problem with them is when you know the formula it's pointless. There was no actually difference in your choices. The end result is still the same except for the final choice in season 2.

They need to step back and alter the formula. I think the writing is really good otherwise.
>>
>>76671183
It's game that has a choice system like TWD and what >>76671427 said even though I really did like Heavy Rain oops. However imo it was handled extremely well and if you fucked up, you fucked up hard.
>>
>>76672211
But the bitch didn't care about Clem, she cared about trying to get back her dead sister that she left for dead all those years ago. Clem was just there to fill the void.

Pay attention to all of her dialogue, if you don't go the easy route and actually push Jane about leaving her sister behind and not giving a shit about people it reveals just how much she's out just for herself.

Both Kenny and Jane are terrible choices, same with being a loner, but in the long run it's picking Kenny that leads you to Wellington, it's him who decides to leave so that you and AJ can have a safer environment to live in.

Jane picked on all of Kenny's weak points, push all his buttons, and endangered TWO CHILDREN in the process. What the fuck was she gonna' do if she had beaten Kenny but ended up severely injured? Or Clem gets hurt in the process of the fight?

Kenny wasn't reaching his breaking point fast enough for her so she sped up the process. Fuck that nail file having jackass.
>>
>>76672781
I fucking knew there was a re-write. I like the game but fuck that would've been a good twist if they had stuck with Boy Who Cried Wolf. Was it that random red haired man they kept focusing on because I thought that it was strange how he kept popping up in random places in the game.
>>
>>76672570
>killing based "did nothing wrong ever" kenny
>letting crazy bitch jane live
wrong choices m8
>>
>>76672781
>>76673160
It's really obvious when you go back and remember the woman police officer was on the cover for the preview of Episode 2. Remember in the beginning of that episode where you're being video taped and she's interviewing you, then Icahbod busts you out? Bigby didn't grab the tape out of the camcorder, so that would've played into her suspecting something was up with Bigby.

I feel like the plot with the prostitutes would've stayed the same more or less, but it would've been a smaller side-plot. Also that whole bedroom scene in the motel would've probably involved Bigby and some other fable being framed, as tBwcW was trying his damn hardest to ruin Bigby.

But that's just a theory.
>>
>>76673083
Well, like I said. I wouldn't have minded if they executed Arvo on the spot right after the battle, I hate the little bastard.

I can't, on the other hand, justify beating him up out of frustration and/or paranoia.
>>
>>76672781
Source on this? Sounds interesting.
>>
Kenny had time and time again proven himself to be mentally unstable beyond repair, anyone who sided with him is a straight up idiot
>>
>>76670584
zombies continue to be the worst subject matter
>>
>>76670692
I honestly think 400 Days was better than S2 because all the main characters except Bonnie were either likable, interesting, or put into an interesting scenario.
>>
TWD got too big for its own good, they got too ambitious and simply couldn't live up to the hype after the first season was over
>>
>Michonne game

This is real? Why put in a comic/tv character as the main character who will have retarded amounts of plot armor? This is like Ramsay in Game of Thrones, who ran around killing people while you knew you can't do anything to him.
>>
>>76673518
Because it's how we figure out what she's been doing the last two/three years in the comics. It's why she doesn't have the fucking Katana.
>>
>>76670584
>Walking Dead's Lightning gets her own game

Ha ha no thank you. Possibly the most boring "cool" character I've ever seen
>>
>>76673599
>Walking Dead's Lightning
What?
>>
>>76670692
Surely S2 should be below 400 Days? 400 Days is only bad because S2 retroactively made it pointless.

Season 2 starts fine, the pointless first death aside. It only goes off the rails when Kenny returns and we do his character arc from S1 again, only this time it's the main focus of the story and there's no Lee or Christa who will stand up to him
>>
Remember when they went through all the trouble of animating and voicing the scene where you can shoot the black guy who's trying to rob you of your supplies and transportation, only to then hardpatch it out later?

Why did they do that? It was a legitimate option to someone robbing you. What, did they not wanna' make their baby Clem actually do something like murder someone?
>>
>>76670584
Where's the Wolf Among Us Season 2 Telltale?
WHERE IS IT?
>>
>>76671183
It's a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' game like what Telltale do

Only if you save a character from death they can actually reach the ending of the game and not just die in the next scene
>>
>>76673144
Her sister didn't want to live anymore and stopped trying to fight to the point she would have to pick her up and just carry her ass. She couldn't force her to live. Jane didn't just leave for her dead, she let her have what she wanted. Shit obviously isn't getting better any time soon and at that point Jane knew it was just cruel to let her sister go on. It's like having a sick, old dog. You should put it down when it's quality of life deteriorates instead of forcing the thing to drag out the rest of it's life in pain.

Kennyfags pls go. He's going to leave you for dead over the baby.
>>
>>76673659
This. I wouldn't mind another game.

My only issue with the Telltale Walking Dead games....

I really don't care about my choices.

Why bother? Everyone. EVERYONE, is going to die except my character.

Sure I can control outcomes, and save someone, but in the end it just feels like a "why bother being friends with telegraphed coffin fillers?"

Where Wolf Among Us, I wanted to find out what was going on.
>>
File: 1393482095630.png (43KB, 169x162px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393482095630.png
43KB, 169x162px
AHHAHAHHAAAA NIGGA ZOMBIES AIN'T A THREAT NIGGA LIKE JUST STEP TO THE LEFT AHHAHAHAAHA JUST GET OUT THERE WAY THEY SLOW AHHAHAA
>>
File: michonne.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
michonne.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>You will never use Michonne's wobbling fat ass and monster dick sucking lips and perfect thick body
>>
>>76673651
Season 2 is full of abandoned story arcs. Something must have happened behind the scenes of Episode 3 because halfway through 4 it was clear they were just making it up as they went and killing characters just so they didn't have to try and resolve anything
>>
>>76673610
/v/ meme.

"The Lightning" of a Franchise refers to a character added much later into its lifecycle and is instantly pushed to the top as the "most badass super cool character" and even starts to replace older liked characters in terms of marketing and "relevancy". Some are so in your face you quickly grow to resent them. Named after Final Fantasy XIII's protagonist.

Notable examples that /v/ use a lot are:
Rosalina = Nintendo's Lightning (Daisy fans especially hate her for basically taking her place)
Marie = Persona's Lightning (The 4 Golden anime goes so far that it flat out replaces Rise with Marie in some scenes and makes Marie the endgame for Yu... Despite her not even existing in the original Persona 4)
Lucario = Pokemon's Lightning (Greninja is catching up but it's doubtful it will ever top the 20 foot statue praising Lucario as the greatest Pokemon ever in X/Y)
Roman Reigns = WWE's Lightning
>>
>>76673797
Why live?
>>
>>76670782
One of the major issues I have with Season 2 is how the deaths of the characters had no weight whatsoever. In Season 1, most deaths meant SOMETHING, hell, the deaths of random side characters had impact, even if it wasn't on an emotional level. Doug/Carly's death in the drugstore gave you the first indication that you can shape your own story, and that your choices might matter. Larry and, again, Carly/Doug formed a wedge between Kenny and Lilly, creating tension in the group, you could pick a side and that actually affected how characters perceive you. What impact do Season 2's deaths give beyond a line mourning the loss of a character we don't get to know? Pete's death affects Nick, but considering his development is shafted after Episode 2 anyway it doesn't matter. The only deaths that stand a chance of creating emotional impact on the characters are those between familial relations, how sad is that? They even fuck that up, think about Duck's death in Season 1, how that drastically changed not only the tone, but also the characters. Now compare that to say, Carlos and Sarah, it's not even close, and I can guarantee that our first time playing, most of us didn't even like Duck.
>>
>>76673377
>mentally unstable beyond repair
Why?
because he wanted to escape carver's crew? because he was kind of a dick to people after all of his good friends and girlfriend were fucking murdered in the span of 2 days? because he wanted to kill Arvo, a guy who would have left you and your gang stranded in the middle of nowhere with no supplies? because he snapped when Jane started talking shit about his dead family?
I'll never understand janefags
>>
>I'll miss you.

;_;
>>
File: 1444186789023.jpg (48KB, 500x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444186789023.jpg
48KB, 500x384px
>>76676074
>No choice to say I love you

I'm still furious
>>
>>76671332

>back up Kenny on nearly everything
>shoot his zombie son for him
>comfort him at his lowest point
>disagree with him exactly once
>I KNEW IT, YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT

fuck Kenny. Goddammit I would've rather had fucking Ben come back than Kenny and Ben was the only character worse than Kenny.
>>
>>76676087

"I love you" would've been too cliche. It wouldn't stick with me the way "I'll miss you" did. That's just a great heartbreaking fucking line.
>>
>>76675352
THIS.

THIS is exactly my problem. Especially with episode 4, holy shit.

EVERY death in that episode is just brushed aside. I forgot Nick was even THERE until I saw him as a walker on the fence and he's never brought up again. And you'd think SOMEONE would say something about Sarah, but nobody says a thing.
>>
> Save Uncle Pete
> Dies at start of the next episode anyway

> Save Fat Black Dude
> Gets written out of next episode and killed off anyway

> Save Ben 2.0
> does nothing for the next episode and then dies off screen anyway

> save Kenny's second wife
> literally dies ten seconds later anyway

> save Autistic child
> gets thrown to her death in a physically impossible pratfally way

> no fuck you game, save the Autistic Child
> fuck you player, you rolled a 0 and she dies anyway

> do I wait or risk pregnant lady-
> oh she dies in the next scene anyway don't worry about it

> Save Luke
> You didn't save Luke

> Now shoot either Kenny or Jane in this unorganic forced feud out of nowhere to decide your Mass Effect 3 inspired ending!

Fuck Season 2. At least Season 1 pretended choices mattered at points
>>
>>76676256
He doesn't even get a line in episode 4. It's a shame because I liked Nick and after episode 2 I thought they were going somewhere with his character. But then you find out he's basically dead because his death is determinant, he's pretty much a non entity in episode 3, and you figure it would have been a lot less frustrating if you'd just let him die in episode 2, same goes for Alvin.
>>
File: aimimg_2.3 (2).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aimimg_2.3 (2).png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>76676339
I could feel my heart ripping in two since I knew she was doomed.
>>
>>76670651
Nah, this is comics Michonne. During her absence at the end of AOW.
>>
Can we start having regular Telltale threads on /co/? They are so much better then on /v/ and frankly the games are more cartoons then games
>>
>>76676452
It's common knowledge that you get better threads on a topics secondary board than their main board.

/v/ can be shockingly civilised when talking about comics, some /a/nime, or /jp/ shows like Gaki no Tsukai
>>
>>76673659
Right. TWAU is better anyway. After season 1 TWD I can't connect to any new character because they die like flies.
I played S2 like a game.
>Would it be funny if I do x?
I wasn't engaged in the story.

TWAU has at least a stable cast and some hope that things can get better. The style is also more interesting.
>>
File: 1372412267024.png (424KB, 600x629px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372412267024.png
424KB, 600x629px
>>76673797
>>76675090

>michonne will never find you holding out in your apartment
>she'll never take you with her
>she'll never catch you masturbating one day
>she'll never admit to finding you kinda cute and saying she needs a little relief too
>you will never be her male concubine
>>
>>76676339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uloDnuUoZU
>>
>>76671098
You also got old fast.
>>
>>76673722
But he doesn't though he takes you to Wellington like he promised then had to leave to make sure Clem and the baby could stay. If you go with Jane you go back to a place that you was enslaved in and raped in the ass by zombies...tough choice
>>
>>76673771
I think the main threat of zombies (in the walking dead anyway) is that a single bite will kill you guaranteed, they swarm in numbers, and if you aren't shot in the head you'll come back as a zombie when you die.
>>
File: Untitled.png (418KB, 742x477px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
418KB, 742x477px
>>76676339
You forgot

>Steal supplies
>Fucked by Russians

>Don't steal supplies
>Doesn't matter, 'cos Jane steals the gun regardless
>>
File: Kennyism[1].png (747KB, 901x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kennyism[1].png
747KB, 901x680px
>Kenny was right about the farm
>Kenny was right about Larry coming back (CPR is only useful until paramedics arrive)
>Kenny was right about leaving the motel
>Kenny was right about the boat
>Kenny was right about needing to leave Carver's Compound
>Kenny was right about Arvo
>Kenny was right about Wellington
Kenny did nothing wrong and was always right
>>
>considerably larger

Hopefully that means more meaningful choices and writing on par with Season 1
>>
>>76677635
im ashamed to ask but....
>>
>>76677635
SOURCE
O
U
R
C
E
>>
>not siding with Kenny
you poor fools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaWzLZbleo
>>
File: jbk.png (385KB, 529x575px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jbk.png
385KB, 529x575px
>>76678425
>>76678473
The place where dreams are born.
>>
>>76670584
...can we just go back to Clementine, instead of dealing with this horseshit?
>>
>>76678715
Agreed. I find myself very interested in what kind of future she has ahead of her.
>>
>>76678647
Don't know why i love you for that but I do.
Damn she is my weakness
>>
>>76671104
Are you trying to ply that Until Dawn is better?

Because in no reality of the multiverse is that remotely true.
>>
>>76671807
Nah, if they were the new Ubisoft they rushed there games out and put micro-transactions in everything.
>>
>>76678473
That right, that is source filmaker
>>
>>76678799
Why not?
>>
>>76676125
>"Kenny it's the middle of winter, we've got a baby and few supplies, and your only idea about where you're going is "North," so maybe we should head back to a warmer and defensible spot where there's probably still food. At least until winter's only."
>WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS AGAINST ME
>>
>>76671644
Nah if they gave Clem someone to bond with it would have been too close to season 1 thematically

They had a great opportunity here honestly. Clem would have been pretty traumatised after losing her parents and then Lee so I think she'd be pretty reluctant to trust another adult. And after taking care of Christa after her miscarriage/stillbirth she would be fairly overconfident in her own survival skills so there could have been this interesting tension between Clem's inflated sense of capability and her actual dependence on others for survival. Maybe Clem is a little shitter and sneaks off into the action. Maybe she (and the player) try to help and think they're doing the right thing and end up fucking things up for the group. Maybe she's forced to sit out some of the action scenes at home and do housekeeping (which would have given a great opportunity for the walking around and talking character interaction that s2 lacked). Maybe she forms a friendship despite herself and has to save their life by shooting another member of the group and the way she reacts to the shooting depends on whether she'd shot that guy in s1.

I could even forgive the constant revolving door of new characters/deaths (maybe she even gets shuffled from group to group?) because it would give a sense of how little control she has over her own fate and how much she's at the mercy of bigger and stronger people. But they didn't play it that way. Instead, Clem is a regular grownup in a tiny body, given the same voice and capabilities as everyone else in the group even though she's a kid. Instead of having Clem survive using her wits/size/running away quick they make her fight the same way Lee did - bash heads in, shoot shoot shoot etc. Clem isn't a traumatised adolescent desperate for independence - she's the only real adult, which is bullshit and dumb

I hate this game
>>
>>76679074
Maybe that's a consequence of growing up in a post-apocalypse; children don't stay helpless for long, because they die if they don't grow the fuck up real quick.

It is a little unbelievable that she's still using Lee's tactics, though, considering her physical maturity is still a tender little girl.
>>
>>76671678
Wow, a Luke vs Kenny fight would have made so much more sense. I'm thinking episode 5 basically involves instead of Jane whispering in your ear that you should ditch the others, it's Kenny telling you that, and at the water crossing, it's Jane who falls in and drowns, all in a large demonstration that attachment will get you killed.

The final conflict plays out with Kenny pulling the dead baby stunt and Luke flipping out on him, so that you have to choose between the guy flipping his shit where it won't help and Kenny pulling another retarded plan to try and demonstrate that Luke doesn't have what it takes to survive.
>>
>>76677748
Kenny has gotten more innocent people killed than anyone else in the series because he never considers the consequences for his actions. And when those consequences inevitably come around to bite him in the ass, he refuses to acknowledge it and gets defensive. And when he is right eventually, nobody will listen to him due to his past actions leading them to disaster.

Also fuck Telltale for derailing all criticisms against the second season as any thread on /v/ details into Kennyfags vs Janefags arguments, which would be like Mass Effect threads being nothing but arguing between Red Buttons and Blue Buttons.

In the end I shot Kenny, bullshit paradise ending be damned, because it was the only fucking way to finally get rid of him. Because I sure as hell ain't sitting through another season of 'MUH BOAT'
>>
>>76679361
I doubt Jane was even meant to come back in Episode 5. She acted so differently to how she did in 3&4, it may as well have been a new character walking out from the bushes.
>>
>>76678473
Season 3 is on ealy access. (For backers only)
>>
>Kenny was right about the farm
He had no idea they were cannibals.

>Kenny was right about Larry coming back (CPR is only useful until paramedics arrive)
Kenny knows nothing about medicine or CPR. He also immediately lied about what happened afterwards because he's a bit delusional.

>Kenny was right about leaving the motel
His RV wasn't going anywhere for long and he didn't have any idea what to do once he left.

>Kenny was right about the boat
All the fishing boats were destroyed. He didn't lead them to the once house with a boat luckily in the garage. Nor did he have any idea what to do after he got a boat.

>Kenny was right about needing to leave Carver's Compound
Everyone wanted to leave. Including Luke who Kenny decided was a worthless coward within seconds of hearing about him. Kenny picking a fight with everyone trying to keep the zombies out didn't help.

>Kenny was right about Arvo
A self-fulfilling prophecy. Predicting someone's going to lash out after beating them every chance you get for the slightest reason doesn't count.

>Kenny was right about Wellington
Yeah. That's one thing he was right about.

He was wrong about not wanting to kill Duck.
He drove his wife to suicide by waiting so long.
He wanted to murder the high school kid for being a fuckup which doesn't put him too far from Carver.

He was wrong about Jane being a childmurderer.
>>
>>76679616
That's true, but that could just as easily be a symptom of her suddenly being shoe horned in to the spotlight. She would probably still be an independent loner, but she would be getting the D and her death would put pressure on Luke and fuel the conflict between him and Kenny when he blows her death off as one more body and that he lost his wife and son and not just some piece of ass he was hitting.
>>
I sure do love the illusion of choice
>>
File: sammax1.jpg (79KB, 600x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sammax1.jpg
79KB, 600x337px
>>76670584
It's not Sam and Max so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>76679804
Hey anon
BANAAAAAANG
>>
>>76679793
>choosing not to embrace the new age of √úberactivity
We will remember that.
>>
>>76673257
It's a common sense conclusion.

There was the red haired man that Wolf and Snow bump into the corridor in Episode 1 that they have an awkward exchange with. Then he starts to appear everywhere. A cab driver killer, while nothing new, is easy to make sense, but he also started to appear in blink and you'll miss him moments. He was everywhere.

And then he wasn't. He was never really seen or mentioned again outside of maybe a silent appearance in the back of a crowd at the end of Episode 5.

Add to this that :
> the preview image of Episode 3 went from a shot of the policewoman sneaking up on Bigby to a far less detailed picture of Bigby chasing a car
> tons of scenes in the "next time on Wolf Among Us" in Episode 1 never happening (Bigby threatening Crane with the well, The Prince crying in the park about Faith, etc)
> Episode 2 being insanely delayed for reasons which were only ever vaguely specified
> Episode 2 being a low point. It was the shortest episode, very little actually happened aside from some fights which were likely present in the original script anyway, and it was over very quickly and suddenly.

They did well enough after that to get things back on track, but the evidence of a rewrite was just so obvious.
>>
>>76678647
>>76677635
All google gives is lost hopes and empty dreams
>>
>>76679074
>Clem is a regular grownup in a tiny body, given the same voice and capabilities as everyone else in the group even though she's a kid. Instead of having Clem survive using her wits/size/running away quick they make her fight the same way Lee did - bash heads in, shoot shoot shoot etc. Clem isn't a traumatised adolescent desperate for independence - she's the only real adult, which is bullshit and dumb

Clem is a tiny adult. That's the result of all the shit that happened in Season 1. What should have happened is that the player controlled Sarah, and had to see things from the perspective of the innocent one instead of the person equipped to handle things. We still see Clementine's story, but still from outside her perspective and having to deal the influence Lee (the player) had on her.

Alternatively, the new group should not have been a group of unrepentant assholes and had some moments of actually giving a shit about Clem beyond "woops" and "Let the little girl take point".
>>
>>76679896
So.... no source.
>>
>>76680045
It's difficult to have a source when the people that know what really happened have constantly evaded the question.
>>
>>76679985
Playing as Clem might have been a mistake. Having the character play as a new character, someone older and around Luke and Nick's age would have given everyone a fresh slate and not taken things down the "Well I can't figure out how to turn this thing off, better call the eleven year old over to do it" route. I think the new characters may have been better received had they not got muddled up in Clem and Kenny reminiscing about the characters we all liked from the past.

Killing Omid and Pete, the two nicest guys from both seasons, so early kind of set the mood for Season 2 in hindsight
>>
>>76679985
I think doing the game from Clem's perspective was a good choice, they just made some very bad choices about the story. Thinking about it, if I was one of those refugee assholes and I lock an injured little girl in a shack then find out that she escaped, snuck into and out of our house undetected, treated her wounds AND killed a walker that made its way into her makeshift prison, I'd be pretty impressed too, but I probably wouldn't be turning to her for advice or something stupid like that, and I think that's where everything falls apart. It makes sense that she's hypercompetent because she'd be dead otherwise, but I think basically making her the second-in-command/mascot of a bunch of fuckwits is a bit much. That and the whole "We're not so different, you and I" shit you get from Carver.
>>
>>76673599
but michonne is actually a good character unlike lightning
>>
>>76679985
I disagree that the events of season one made her a competent adult though. They might have given her a tough shell to mask her vulnerabilities but that doesn't mean she isn't still a smaller and weaker human with a limited capacity to make informed decisions. Child soldiers are exposed to and participate in violence, but they're still kids. They're naive and easy to influence and they can't always think things through.
>>
>>76679568
>Kenny has gotten more innocent people killed than anyone else in the series
First of all, that title goes to Ben and Ben alone, his actions caused the death of at least 4 people. Second, name one single person Kenny's actions directly lead to their death.
>>
>>76680248

>Carver is a fuck, but at least he's lawful evil, he's just trying to keep a community going
> I agree with Carver, everyone in group is an incompetent asshole who doesn't listen
>Nobody thinking long-term
>Most physically and mentally able person is a fucking 11 year old girl
>Carver grooming you to be leader
>Why can't I join Carver
>Why do I have to wander into a horde of zombies with a bunch of idiots that die hours later
>Why
>WHY
>>
>>76679712
>He had no idea they were cannibals.
He knew something was up.
>Kenny knows nothing about medicine or CPR. He also immediately lied about what happened afterwards because he's a bit delusional.
The guy had a heart attack, Kenny might not have known about the CPR tidbit but he knew enough that you don't just come back from a heart attack like that, especially in a Zombie Apocalypse and in a small room with no hope of escape.
>His RV wasn't going anywhere for long and he didn't have any idea what to do once he left.
Regardless, staying at the motel was guaranteed death. At least leaving would give them more options.
>All the fishing boats were destroyed. He didn't lead them to the once house with a boat luckily in the garage. Nor did he have any idea what to do after he got a boat.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 16


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.