[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

What the Hell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 437
Thread images: 56

File: image.jpg (202KB, 864x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 864x576px
What the fuck happened? Why is everyone hating on Based Waid all of a sudden?
>>
He probably gave some dumbass cape a new costume or something
>>
>>71430843
well after the rape scandal, it's pretty controversial
>>
>>71430843
He compared a infighting movement of being pretty much the kkk
>>
He raped someone at a con or something. I didn't read the other threads either.
>>
>>71430843
Go ask the other thread. We really don't need multiple threads for this. The short version is that Waid is the writer for the upcoming All-new All-Different Avengers book, which has a lot of legacy characters that anti-SJWs have a problem with, so they were on edge about him waiting for their opportunity to accuse him of being an SJW pandering cuck. Then a couple days ago, he said something mean about gamergate on twitter, which gave the anti-SJWs their in for bashing him.

Now he's just yet another person that's gotten the modern day McCarthy treatment, being treated as the bane of mankind because he may or may not have political opinions a group of people disagree with.
>>
>>71430941
Really? Is there a link at your disposal
>>
He said a group of women who are anti-censorship are the same as the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church..
>>
He called out out Gamergate on being Gamergate
>>
>>71430843
Pissed of some gamergaters but personally I stand with the guy
>>
/pol/'s found an excuse to do to /co/ what they did to /v/.
>>
>>71430963
>Now he's just yet another person that's gotten the modern day McCarthy treatment, being treated as the bane of mankind because he may or may not have political opinions a group of people disagree with.
Are SJWs really trying to reverse this criticism when they're so famous for going after anyone who expresses a non-tumblr approved opinion?
>>
>>71430978
>>71431014
>>71431023
>this is how retarded SJWs are
>>
File: 1429224340358.png (45KB, 389x404px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429224340358.png
45KB, 389x404px
>>71431014
Dan no
Dan why
>>
Look, between the offensive tweets, the rude behavior toward fans at conventions lately, the rape allegations, the gun charge, the meth and the cocaine, the guy is a walking disaster.
>>
>>71430941
Both are irrelevant these days :^)
>>
>>71430963
>Now he's just yet another person that's gotten the modern day McCarthy treatment
He said GamerGate, of which many women are a part of, hates women and are similar to the KKK. You are actually defending this.
>>
WAID IS RIGHT. The best part is probably that he and Busiek are just laughing at this dumb shit

I can't wait until GGers find those old Irredeemable ads about how Waid is evil
>>
File: 1429367592362.jpg (31KB, 508x595px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429367592362.jpg
31KB, 508x595px
>>71431041
>this is how retarded 4chan users are
>>
>>71430843
He said that being a troll online is the same as being in the KKK and said the internet should be censored. When he was called out on the censorship advocacy he said that being anti-censorship is the same as being in the KKK as well.
>>
Oh

Oh god

HAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA

It's nothing, he just got into an argument with some Gamer Ghazi fucknuckles on Twitter.

And remember, he previous thread about this said that it had somehow RUINED his carreer.

As if it were the sexist, racist shitheels who support Gamer Gate that buy Waid's anti-racist Daredevil comics!

As if those pathetic excuses for human beings cannhave any effect on the world besides blatant, obvious underhanded manipulation!

As if those degenerates had any economic relevance at all! In ANY imdustry!

Don't worry about anything OP, it's just a bunch of lobotomized chimps throwing a shitfit and acting like they're relevant.
>>
>>71430963
>something mean about gamer gate
And were supposed to hate this guy?
>>
He had a different opinion than /co/ on an issue. This is in no way the same as when SJWs hate someone for having a different opinion than them on an issue.
>>
>>71431056
I don't believe any of that.
>>
>>71431077
>gamergate
Stopped reading there. I don't really give a shit what anyone on any side of the battle has to say about gamergate.
>>
It really is unfair to compare GG to the KKK.

the KKK were an actual threat and did shit
>>
>>71431129
Fuck off then.
>>
>twitter drama thread
literally neo/v/
>>
>>71431142
So did GG.
>>
OP here. Anyone have a link to the supposed crash site (Waid's Twitter) itself?
>>
They're butthurt about some stupid political shit that normal adults have learned to ignore.

He's great though.
>>
>>71431099
Apparently you're not allowed to speak out against GG or else you're Double Hitler.

Of course, he shouldn't have gotten involved in gamergate one way or the other, since that never ends well for anybody, but it's not the first time Waid has said some dumb inflammatory shit on twitter. It's just that its usually aimed at DC rather than Ethics in Games Journalism.
>>
>>71431142
>tfw no more nigger terrorizing
>tfw KKK just donates to libraries and hands out pamphlets now
>>
>>71430972
>group of women who are anti-censorship
Is that possible?
>>
>>71431172
>not wanting second hand information

Elitist
>>
Why would you still support GG all this time later? After all this time? After Moot dropped the ban hammer on GG so long ago? Why would you even keep up with it any more?
>>
>>71431077

> of which many women are a part of

Well memed!
>>
File: 1426402147954.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426402147954.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>71431168
>GG
>a threat
>>
>>71431184
>Apparently you're not allowed to speak out against GG or else you're Double Hitler.

I thought it was the other way around.
>>
>>71430843

Can someone give a clear and straightforward answer to this question, with facts, that isn't a piece of overt SJW propaganda like >>71430963
or uselessly vague like every other post ITT?

Ideally with a copy of whichever offending tweet(s) it was that he posted.
>>
>>71431203
Moot is faggot.
>>
File: Waid.png (225KB, 619x1787px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Waid.png
225KB, 619x1787px
>>71431172

also a little light listening
The Panel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBfJuvopPg

The "Harassment"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkIiGRvtBg
>>
>>71431143
No you. Last I checked, gamergate discussion was banned from 4chan. Don't you have your own site to circlejerk over/against GG for? Take it to other chan or tumblr, but it doesn't belong here either way.

Just because someone that works in the comics industry said something on twitter about it doesn't make it /co/-related, you fucking autist.
>>
>>71431217

SJWs thrive on playing "i know you are but what am I", because their movement is fundamendally made up of overgrown children.
>>
>>71431168

I meant like getting politicians elected and stuff that matters, not just scaring women out of their homes
>>
>>71431225
Just go on his twitter account and read it yourself if you care that much. It's just people being stupid on social media, Waid included.
>>
>>71431245
>Just because someone that works in the comics industry said something on twitter about it doesn't make it /co/-related, you fucking autist.

The public statements of comics industry professionals have always - always - been grist for /co/, and it is the height of ideologically driven derangement to claim otherwise.
>>
>>71431184

> speak out against SJWs

nothings happens

> speak out against GG

get doxed, death threats, your family gets harassed, etc
>>
>>71431191
Yes. They were thrown out of a con in Canada because their pro-GG poster triggered all the sissies and Waid praised this censorship and eventually labeled them as sexist, KKK and Westboro Baptist Church
>>
>>71431244
Wow and people are defending this idiot.
>>
>>71431095
Your vernacular reeks of tumblr and you seem quite perturbed.
>>
>>71431091
Sauce? I keep seeing people talk about this but yet to see anyone actually post these tweets.
>>
File: checkit.png (39KB, 895x1289px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
checkit.png
39KB, 895x1289px
>implying any of this silly shit matters when pic related is the real problem
>>
>>71431244
So a female saying
>women shouldn't be defined as victims
triggered the shit out of tumblr?
>>
>>71431292
Actually, her vernacular reeks of trolling. Though I've gotta say "lobotomized chimps throwing a shitfit" is a decent line.
>>
>>71431244
lol he's actually calling that group of WOMEN "misogynist bullies". What a fucking hack.
>>
>>71431091
He later "apologized" by saying that comparing anti-censorship to the kkk was unfair to the kkk.
Waid who was one of my favorite writers growing up has outed himself as a quite a bit of a twat.
>>
File: 1423176738680.gif (171KB, 212x327px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423176738680.gif
171KB, 212x327px
>>71431283
>nothing happens
holy shit are you delusional? do you not remember the plebcomics fiasco?
>>
>>71431283
You've never been to tumblr if you don't think people who commit thought crimes aren't doxxed and harassd by SJWs.
>>
>>71431313
>>>women shouldn't be defined as victims
This statement triggered an expo so hard they called the cops on half a dozen women
>>
>>71431259
For a movement about harassing and chasing women out of the gaming industry they're doing a pretty poor job of doing so, last I checked they were all still there.
>>
>>71431259
EXCUSE ME? I'll have you know that the righteous warriors of GG cost Gawker media MILLIONS in ad revenue. That's the reason SJWs fear us.
>>
I swear, every day I have to add more shit to my filter.
This site was always shit, but it is extra shit now.
>>
>>71431259
>this is what SJWs actually believe
Fucking kek you guys are insane.
>>
>>71431334

Don't worry though tripfag, when the time comes GGers will be recycled back into the earth. :^)
>>
>>71431374
Cry more, faggot.
>>
>>71430843
I liked Kingdom Come

but he is a bastard for going full cuck bum bandit for sjws and anti gamer gate
>>
>>71431095
Yeah just look at this horrible person
I bet she eats babies and votes republican! (which are inherently linked)
Just look at her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdTVMiD0UI
Mark "purge the unbelievers" Waid is right everyone who doesn't toe the line should be genocided.

These are your monsters
>>
>>71431283
>look at me lying! XD
>>
>>71431244
>Sir, I must point out that this statement, is grandiose in how flawed it is, in its description. I happen to be a Latino...

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I can't read anymore. This is pitiful.
>>
>>71431349
>For a movement about harassing and chasing women
/co/mblr please
>>
>>71431396
Is that a death threat, friend? :^)
>>
>>71431364
Your warriors are no match for ours. We managed to run women who do not agree with us from their booths and jobs. Our crusade is much more righteous than yours. Tremble in fear, pisspoo baby neckbeard, we shall crush you under the foot of the right side of history!
>>
>>71431404
>I liked Kingdom Come

faggot.
>>
>>71431427

no, its a promise. :^)
>>
>>71431217
It's both, anon. The anti-SJWs and SJWs are exactly the same in their tactics and behavior. The problem isn't their individual opinions, but an inherent flaw with their whole generation.
>>
>>71431259
And who chased the women out of this expo?
>>
>Retards can't separate what a person says from his work
>>
>>71431283
> speak out against SJWs
>get doxed, death threats, your family gets harassed, etc.
>speak out against GG
>get doxed, death threats, your family gets harassed, etc.
Fixed. Welcome to modern Outrage Culture, where having opinions on the internet is the greatest crime one can commit.
>>
>>71431420
Some reading comprehension is required, which you seem to sorely lack.
>>
>>71431349
Literally none of the people GG have targeted actually made any games.
>>
>>71431244
I really can't blame Waid for his stance considering many GGers applauded when they basially gutted the only attempt at scholarly study being done of Video Games. Even if they themselves are and know good folks who really are there for "Ethics in Gaming Journalism" they are blind to what's around them.

But this is an affect of modern 'search filter' culture where facebook and similar feeds only show you things it thinks you'll like, so encountering people who disagree or evidence that contradicts the things you like is never encountered.

It's basically created a national epidemic of circle jerking and intellectual masturbation.
>>
>>71431527
Are you faggots confusing /gg/ with /baph/ again?

Literally tumblr: the post.
>>
>>71431305
Why are wealth and class two different things? Wouldn't having wealth determine class?
>>
File: f009.jpg (41KB, 254x296px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f009.jpg
41KB, 254x296px
>>71431396
you dense shit don't skirt around your stupidity like that.
>>
>>71431508
I really have had an issue with this, but I'm trying to learn to separate the two. Like I can't like English version of MGS because I think David Hayter is a whiny baby, I used to love Beaton's work but I don't like how she freaked out, etc. I'd really like to be able to enjoy the work and disconnect it from the person making it, but I always feel that the person puts themselves into their work, if that makes sense.
>>
>>71431560
>basially gutted the only attempt at scholarly study being done of Video Games
Hahahahahahaha, holy fucking jesus dogballs christ
You mean Feminist Frequency?

http://a.pomf.se/qqecrh.pdf?hc_location=ufi

Here is a study that disproves the core of her arguement
>>
>>71431542
My comprehension is fine.

>>71431558
Don't bother, /co/mblr doesn't care about actual facts.
>>
>>71431570
Keep in mind privileged doesn't always equal "power of control"
You can have status without wealth and be of a certain family/group that has reputation and privileges but you yourself have no money.
>>
>>71431244
>participating in these threads instead of rcapping Win-Os
BRAVO AHG
>>
>>71431613
Actually, no there was another one I really can't recall at the moment because I'm only tangentially aware of the whole scenario.

To me, the whole thing reminds me of a quote from Clint Eastwood: "Used to be you could disagree with someone and still be their friend."
>>
>>71431508
And when his retarded politics starts bleeding into his work? I mean that faggot Waid actually did an arc around his version of what happened to Trayvon Martin and it was horrifically bad.
>>
>>71431327
>Waid who was one of my favorite writers growing up has outed himself as a quite a bit of a twat.
Nigga you're only finding this out NOW? This is literally no different than any other instance of Waid posting shit on twitter. He's a twat on twitter 24/7 and has been for years. You're only just realising it now, because he said something that hurt your feelings.

Seriously, Waid is and has always been, the biggest piece of shit in the comics industry to ever make a twitter. That doesn't suddenly make him not a great writer though.

Likewise, Hickman's twitter is 10/10 but that doesn't make him the greatest writer to ever live.

You people put way too much importance on social media.
>>
>>71431527
A libertarian's wet dream.
>>
>>71431661
To elaborate, it was some archival/early video-game storage/saving project that Gamer Gate destroyed.
>>
>>71431661
>"Used to be you could disagree with someone and still be their friend."
You should tell that to Waid. Maybe he'd stop comparing people he disagrees with to the KKK and demanding they be silenced.
>>
>>71431014
Ive lost all respect for you
>>
>>71431558
Rev60 comes to mind but that's such horrid shit and made by someone that keeps inserting hihoherself into gg and more often than not they take the cunts bait too.

>>71431618
You're an utter twat because if you fully read that sentence you'd know that it's more positive of GG.

>For a movement about harassing and chasing women out of the gaming industry
>they're doing a pretty poor job of doing so
>last I checked they were all still there.

Should I have added supposedly? Perhaps but retarded GG'ers are so obsessed with sniffing out SJW's that they had so much infighting they had to split their board over at their shitchan.
>>
>>71431656
This is why you guys should use hubs, I can't be assed to trawl through a big ass thread to find all dem links for it to stay up for a day and a half
also I'm too busy releasing

>>71431661
if you do remember, I'd be interested to read about it
and I've learnt to make peace with creators with shitty opinions, like the earthworm jim guy and Orson Scott Card
>>
>>71431695
>You people put way too much importance on social media.

The 2010s in a nutshell so far.
>>
>>71431706
I'm sure this is totally true.
>>
>>71431508
>Retards can't understand that a person and his work are the same
Hi Orson Scott Card!
>>
>>71430843
He said Gamergaters are akin to the KKK, by which he means a hate group.

/co/ took that and blew it out of proportion and are now claiming that Mark Waid's career is "over". See last week, SJW were made when they discovered that Frank Cho wasn't on their "side". This week, mouth-breathers discover that Waid isn't on their "side".
>>
>>71431656
I knew there was a reason I liked him more than his spaghetti brother
>>
>>71431706
oh that? the thing that doesn't matter because almost all games are already stored? the thing that the scholars were trying to make about them because "if it wasn't for us games would become unimportant"
>>
File: 1428957616419.jpg (2MB, 1268x1529px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428957616419.jpg
2MB, 1268x1529px
Man, all of these controversies are like Pokemon games.

You get really addicted to them for the first 2 weeks, and then you start to get tired and realize how meaningless all this shit is until a new one comes out.

I wish I wasn't such a slave to shit-flinging but 4chan wouldn't be 4chan without it.
>>
>>71431613
There was someone who claimed they were doing "video game preservation" as an academic thing but GG caused all academics to dismiss videogames entirely so their work was compromised.

If the story is true, I sympathize with putting in effort into something only to have your peers dismiss it for reasons outside your control. But that also means that academia is not a fruitful place for videogames to thrive, and considering how fucked up the arts are right now at universities it's for the best that the two stay separate. Besides, if someone really wants to preserve videogames, the best the hung to do would be to learn how to code and develop emulators.
>>
>>71431444
You say that now, but just wait until comicsgate goes into full swing then we'll see whose crying. At this very moment, we have our top agents preparing a barrage of expertly crafted hashtags to wipe you SJWs off the map. Cho's barrage of blows was just the first step. He's opened the "gate" that'll allow us to ruin your propaganda machine.
>>
>>71431732
>also I'm too busy releasing
And make it snappy, buster!
>and I've learnt to make peace with creators with shitty opinions
That is, you prefer talent to ethics. Which is why you people are easy to manipulate.
>>
>>71431753
>/co/ took that and blew it out of proportion
Yea /co/ are the crazies ones. What Waid said is no different than some right-wing idiot accusing people he disagrees with of being communists. Not to even mention he's completely wrong about GG. I mean if GG is so sexist and hateful against women then why did a group of women show up to that expo who were pro-GG?
>>
>>71431732
>AHG is a homophobe
;_;
>>
>Tripfags and Namefags who you thought to be cool because they contributed to /co/
>wallows in this filth
Im neither pro nor anti but fuck it let shitposting take over /co/ for all I care
>>
>>71431800
>I mean if GG is so sexist and hateful against women then why did a group of women show up to that expo who were pro-GG?
Internalized misogyny
>>
>>71431810
/co/ deserves to die if there's this many people who actually support lies and censorship.
>>
Mark Waid is a fucktard racist with no historical sense or grasp of what comes out of his fingers.

The KKK killed over 3000 people. GamerGate hasn't caused a single casualty.
>>
>>71431259
>Chasing women out of their homes
>Brianna Wu later admits this never actually happened

I can get not supporting GG, but anyone who actually defends people like Anita or Literally Who are retards
>>
Oh lord, I largely avoided the whole GamerGate debacle but I guess it's relevant here....tell me /co/, what exactly IS GamerGate?
>>
>>71431764
>taking down clickbait sites is more important than game archival for the future of video games
Nigga please. I appreciate all the work you do for the win-o threads but you've gotta get your head outta your ass.
>>
>>71431810
Serves you right for trusting people you don't know personally.
>>
>>71431800
>What Waid said is no different than some right-wing idiot accusing people he disagrees with of being communists.

Does /co/ rant and rave and start two threads an hour when something like that happens? No?

>I mean if GG is so sexist and hateful against women then why did a group of women show up to that expo who were pro-GG?

ONE woman showed up and she tried to hijack a panel. And sorry but Gamergate is sexist and hateful. I get there are some folks that are trying to say "Hold on. Let's look at gaming culture reasonably." But unfortunately Gamergate has been hijacked by looneys.
>>
>>71431732
>>71431739

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to locate it. I really wish I could, but my google-fu is week and I need to eat lunch. So I could be wrong.

But what my google search did turn up is that, well, GG tends to spend more time with being assholes than actual investigative reporting.
>>
>>71431652
Ah, basically like people who would be in a particular class because of their parents, but don't own any wealth of their own since they're largely just living off of their parents money. Makes sense.
>>
>>71431753
The KKK murdered thousands. You can't compare anyone short of the Nazis to the KKK unless you want to look like a fucktard racist with no historical sense. He is doing nothing but trivialize the violent crimes committed against black people in the late 80's.
>>
>>71431868
The community has been doing a great job doing the archiving themselves. What exactly was the academic bringing to the table? Did they have a secret schematic of the Saturn that could only be gained from their position?
>>
>>71431868
Great strawman

I said games are already archived, we don't need some scholars rubbing their egos to it

>>71431881
it's okay, I remembered what you were on about with the help of some other anons
>>
>>71431871
>ONE woman showed up and she tried to hijack a panel.
False.

>And sorry but Gamergate is sexist and hateful.
Someone should have told those women that huh?

>But unfortunately Gamergate has been hijacked by looneys.
Yes, those women against censorship are fucking crazy.
>>
>>71431865
A bunch of neckbeards wasting their time by fighting against a bunch of landwhales over interactive digital toys.

>>71431871
GG could be sexist and hateful and still not be comparable to the KKK.
>>
>>71431904
> is doing nothing but trivialize the violent crimes committed against black people in the late 80's.

>You can't compare anyone short of the Nazis to the KKK

>The KKK murdered thousands

You are trivializing the horrors that the Nazi perpetrated. You are LITERALLY worse than two Hitler's stacked on top of each other.
>>
>>71430963

McCarthy was right.
>>
>>71431695
>Nigga you're only finding this out NOW? This is literally no different than any other instance of Waid posting shit on twitter. He's a twat on twitter 24/7 and has been for years. You're only just realising it now, because he said something that hurt your feelings.
I don't use twitter so I'm unfamiliar with anything else he may have said, why what else has he done?
>Seriously, Waid is and has always been, the biggest piece of shit in the comics industry to ever make a twitter.
Now I'm very curious
>>
>>71431917
>adoring TenNapel, a politically conservative Christian
>adoring OSC, a violent homophobe
We are what we adore. I'll never HAIL you ever again.
>>
>>71431881
>But what my google search did turn up is that, well, GG tends to spend more time with being assholes than actual investigative reporting.
I'm sure you're not being biased at all.
>>
>>71431826
>Internalized misogyny

That's a misogynist concept.
>>
>>71431928
>>ONE woman showed up and she tried to hijack a panel.
>False.

Citation needed.
>>
>>71431955
Black people are more oppressed than jews so a 200 blacks are worth like a million jews.
>>
>>71431976
Prove your claim first then I'll prove mine.
>>
>>71431569
>Person criticizes Tumblr and Gamergate
>OMG SO BIASED AGAINST GAMERGATE CLEARLY A TUMBLR SHILL
>>
>>71431961
When did I say I adored them?
the point I was making is that I'd learned to enjoy their works but not care for the creators
it's the same with The IT Crowd and Graham Lineham
>>
>>71431971
>That's a misogynist concept.
That's mansplaining
>>
Does Godwin's Law apply to the KKK?
>>
>>71432005
>That's mansplaining

Assuming I'm male is also misogynist.
>>
>>71431976
See (or listen to) >>71431244
>>
File: I am not mad.png (801KB, 914x594px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
I am not mad.png
801KB, 914x594px
>>71431871
>But unfortunately Gamergate has been hijacked by looneys.

Prove it.

Show that the 'looneys' are the ones actually setting the pace for GG.

Because every source I've looked at demonstrates that GG, for whatever its flaws, is a wide variety of backgrounds trying to have a serious and civil examination of issues in the face of an 'enemy' that utterly refuses to come to the table.

For instance, you've got Milo offering $10,000. TEN FUCKING THOUSAND dollars, to have a debate with Anita Sarkeesian.

https://twitter.com/Nero/status/590056336211238912

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/20/anita-sarkeesian-debate-me-and-i-will-donate-10000-to-feminist-frequency-or-a-charity-of-your-choice/

Is Milo a 'loony?' If not, then why is anita, the 'expert' in this field, unwilling to debate the guy for charity?

EVEN CREATIONIST KEN HAM WAS WILLING TO HAVE A DEBATE AND PUT HIS IDEAS UP FOR SCRUTINY, and he's almost the definition of a 'loony.'

Why do your espoused beliefs not seem to correlate with observed reality?
>>
File: 5665.jpg (41KB, 476x284px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5665.jpg
41KB, 476x284px
Christ I just hate this board. I wish every discussion that's not about comics or cartoons would just get purged.

/pol/ and SJWs don't even read these comics or watch cartoons, you just come here to sling shit at each other.
>>
>>71432005
Mansplaining is auditory rape.
>>
>>71432021
Assuming I assumed you were male is manssuming. Stop putting thoughts into my head you're raping me

>>71432046
MUH SAFE SPACE
>>
>>71432038
> Milo

Ahh yes, that guy! Really, any claim GG makes about supporting "ethical journalism" is blown apart when they buddy up with him.

Seriously, the guy released a book of 'poetry' which was nothing but plagarized Tori Amos lyrics.
>>
File: 11kirb.jpg (54KB, 500x291px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
11kirb.jpg
54KB, 500x291px
>>71432043

Like it or not, the SJWs are co-related.

And if you don't figure this out soon, you'll just end up wondering what the fuck happened to your hobby, why didn't anybody warn you of the rot creeping in and ruining it?

I am literally just stating the fact here.
>>
File: 1425246327400.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425246327400.gif
510KB, 700x827px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdTVMiD0UI
>>
>>71432004
>I'd learned to enjoy their works but not care for the creators
Creations are an expression of the creator's mind. A homophobe will create homophobic works, for instance.

But hey, I'm used to tripfags being retards, so don't worry about me, ATeabagGer.
>>
>>71432073
YOU ARE LITERALLY THE KKK AND I'M DEMANDING YOU BE CENSORED
>>
>>71431244
It's quite telling that Anita and Brianna are the go to examples of GG being "against women" when those two are the biggest scam artists around.
>>
>>71432119
CENSORING ME IS RAPING MUH FREEDOMS, WHY ARE YOU RAPING THE EAGLE?
>>
>>71431865
>Original controversy started with a chick named Zoe Quinn. SJW gamer chick who ended up cheating on her husband or boyfriend with five different guys. She tries to lie it off but eventually gets proven. Becomes known as Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Relevant to /v/ because shitstorm and it happened at a GameJam or maybe AGDQ or something, I can't remember
>Turns out a few of the people she slept with were in the games journalism industry, which is notorious for collusion with game devs and just shitty ethics in general. Relevant because Quinn is a dev.
>While /v/ loses it's collective shit and generally lights itself on fire, a withc-hunt begins of searching for unethical actions in the games journalism industry and collusion.
>After a time it's found out that there was only a minor amount of collusion between Quinn and one of the journos she slept with, she used to be in a relationship with him or something I think
>But it started a shitstorm that could no longer be quelled by this revelation
>Quite a bit of collusion is revealed in the industry. SJWs like Brianna "LIterally Who" Wu come out of the woodwork. Anonymous threats flying off from both sides, mostly from GG but many doxxes and shit coming from the SJWs too.
>Literally Who says it got so bad she had to leave her house, although this was a complete bold-faced lie that she later admits she never actually left. Tons of falseflagging on the SJW side of things.
>Eventually the shitstorm settles down and becomes less "Anti-SJW" and more "Unethical Witch Hunt in the Game Dev and Game Journo Industry", though extremist trolls still certainly exist.
>Literally Who and other continue to try and stir up shit to stay relevant

I may have misrepresented some stuff or just been blatantly wrong, I haven't been more than tangentially following GG for awhile.
>>
Mark Waid has always been outspoken and hyperbolic. He's been like that for years.

Don't pretend the game has changed just because he said something you disagree with.
>>
>>71432107
You know what? Fuck you.

I've been reading comics for 25 years. I've work in a comic shop. I'm a professional comic book writer.

Comics doesn't belong to YOU. It belongs to everyone.

Go eat a bag of dicks.

Plural.
>>
>>71432111
>A homophobe will create homophobic works, for instance.
Not necessarilly because people don't have one track minds.
Hitler didn't paint pictures of gunships and tanks or burning bodies he painted farms and stuff, people are not defined by a single one of their political opinions and they are also capable of writing from beyond their perspective unless you assume that every writer is as evil as their villain characters.
>>
File: Woody Laugh.jpg (107KB, 1878x904px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Woody Laugh.jpg
107KB, 1878x904px
>>71432089

And yet, you refuse to discuss his actual ideas and revert to guilt by association and strange character assassinations.

Which are fallacious tactics and demonstrate your refusal to discuss the actual issue on the floor.

If Milo is so easy to take down, Anita would easily wipe the floor with him, no? $10k in the bank for charity, just like that.

WHY do you refuse to discuss the actual issue, rather than the people alone?

Is that the best you can do?
>>
>>71432107

It's always been that what way. Comics (like all art) have tackled social issues like economic inequality, corruption, race, gender, etc. since day one. Readers were able to appreciate the artform and discuss the issues without whining and slinging shit and strawmanning and derailing any conversation with personal beliefs
>>
>>71431865
A jilted ex made up a bunch of bullshit about his girlfriend, writes an 8000 word whine saying she fucked a journalist for good reviews. Turns out this was all bullshit, and the 'positive review' turned out to be 'a quick mention in an article written before they even knew each other', but /v/ and /pol/ decided to use it to go after leftists in the videogame industry, and decide to use 'gaming journalism' as a smokescreen.
>>
>>71432151
You forgot the
>game journos write gamers are dead articles all released on the same day
>/v/ loses its collective shit when they realised their illuminati/jews/hypercrisis turned out to be real
>>
>>71432111
Did you read Ender's Game? it has the gayest scene in a book I've ever read
I think OSC has a bit of that self loathing thing going on personally
I'm excluding any manta slash fic that I may have been subjected to

>>71432168
>Not necessarilly because people don't have one track minds.
This, separating art from artist is an important thing to do
>>
>>71431865
Last summer, a sketchy indie developer named Zoe Quinn was revealed to have slept with a bunch of game journalists for positive coverage of a text game about Depression that barely even qualified as a game. Additionally, it was discovered that all game journalism websites were part of some newsgroup where they decide how to all report on stuff, i.e. collusion and cronyism and even uncover possible evidence that Indiecade is all one big racketeering scam and Phil Fish flips out again because he's apparently a big part of it and feigns being hacked by "the Head Mod of /V?" and quits vidya again.

/v/ and reddit start confronting the sites just like they started shitposting about Dorito Pope a while back. Instead of addressing these concerns, all the websites just lump it all under sexism and misogyny and declare "GAMERS ARE DEAD" all at the same time and started an unending grease fire.
>>
>>71432166
>Comics doesn't belong to YOU. It belongs to everyone.
When "everyone" decides that things you personally like are no longer acceptable, you will calmly roll over and shut up in the exact way you want people to right now.
>>
>>71432107
>I am literally just stating the fact here.
no, you're being an alarmist.

Comics will never be taken over by one group or another. Some comics may be infected sure, but to say ALL of comics when there's hundreds of current titles with more being made each year to be marred by this is false.

>Like it or not, the SJWs are co-related

Here's how to get rid of them. SHUT UP

Seriously that's it, stop talking about it, stop talking to them. All you're doing is giving them publicity and credence when you acknowledge them.

All you have to do is block them and don't forget, shut the fuck up. The more you and I and the people do this the less power they have.
>>
File: 1393726065667.jpg (69KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393726065667.jpg
69KB, 480x480px
>>71432166
>Comics doesn't belong to YOU. It belongs to everyone.
I agree, I just wish the SJW brigade could accept the right of works they find offensive to exist
>>
File: 111.jpg (69KB, 600x833px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
111.jpg
69KB, 600x833px
>>71432166

>It belongs to everyone.

And there's a particular group that does not in fact believe this and would see certain groups purged from the industry.

I am not your enemy. I am not excluding anyone. I am simply pointing out a fucking FACT about what is happening.

Tell me, WHICH GROUP through a fit because they didn't like a particular cover of a particular comic book.

TWICE.

Which group was it? And why are you ignoring that fact as if it doesn't exist?
>>
>>71431960
>why what else has he done?
Weekly "everyone at DC is literally hitler because they made __ character too edgy" and "I walked out of Man of Murder because of how much it ruined the best superhero of all time and anyone who didn't do the same is awful" style shittweeting. Basically being a hyperbolic overly-aggressive asshole to anyone he remotely dislikes.

The way he's acting now is no different than how he usually acts. Just replace "gg" with "modern DC" or "anyone who I disagree with."
>>
>>71432171
Why the hell would Anita waste time with a fringe maniac who clearly just got into this thing for attention? The guy doesn't even LIKE videogames, he wrote articles for years insulting gamers and blaming them for school shootings. Yet GG welcome him aboard, just because they're desperate for ANY positive attention.
>>
>>71432257

>I agree, I just wish the SJW brigade could accept the right of works they find offensive to exist

Bing-tothefucking-O
>>
>>71431800
Same reason there exists gay orthodox christians or black klansmen. Not to mention, they make a handy shield against any accusations.

Hence why the thing about the con turned into "accuse them of misoginy, THEY are the real misogynists!" rather than simply owning up to the fact that not following the con rules of conduct was a dick move.

GG is a jumbled fuckfest of trolls trolling trolls, autocontrarian E-peen wankers and sad sacks. But it's no KKK.

People say stupid shit all the time and one thing doesn't automagically make soneone evil. So this is all a bunch of hot air.
>>
>>71431592
Beaton freaked out?
You mean the protest against some rude and creepy comments is "freaking out?"
>>
>>71432166
>But we must protect our hobby from outsiders
>KEEP THE GATE, MEN!
>People complaining about stuff I like or using their freedom of speech to criticize other free speech is CENSORSHIP
>Companies responding to their preferences is CENSORSHIP, but companies responding to my preferences is just normal functioning of the market!
>>
>>71432171
What's it with GG figure heads being complete disingenuous and opportunistic bastards?

Both Milo and Liana "The Witcher 3 is made of rape" K shat on games and gamers before GG was a thing and now they suddenly changed their tune because it's a niche to fill and profit off of.

And you faggots lap it up and they're heralded as fucking saviors of gaming.
>>
>>71432230
>you will calmly roll over and shut up in the exact way you want people to right now.

We live in the age of the internet, you can not shut people up over a creative idea like a comic.

The comics I and millions of others enjoy will always be around and there will always be more on the way.
>>
>>71432280
>Why the hell would Anita waste time with a fringe maniac who clearly just got into this thing for attention? The guy doesn't even LIKE videogames, he wrote articles for years insulting gamers and blaming them for school shootings.
I dunno, she's wasted all that time with FullMac, she'd be used to it by now
>>
>>71432260
>And there's a particular group that does not in fact believe this and would see certain groups purged from the industry.

What certain groups are being "purged" from the industry?
>>
>>71432230
This is it, basically. If SJW just wanted their own sandbox to play in it would be one thing, but they literally want to eradicate any material they find objectionable.

A slice isn't enough, they want the whole pie. And until they have it, they will continue to portray themselves as the put-upon victims of The Patriarchy.
>>
>>71432171
>Which are fallacious tactics and demonstrate your refusal to discuss the actual issue on the floor.
Welcome to SJWs. It's hilarious that Anita hasn't a single debate with anyone. Even when she went on Colbert and he clearly supported her, he still made her look like a clueless idiot with a couple of softball questions. She knows her "arguments" would completely fall apart in a matter of seconds, which is why she labels all her critics as sexists and misogynists.

I mean why have an actual intelligent discourse with your opponents when you can just call them names or claim they're like the KKK?
>>
>>71431881
I found it !

http://zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/113151511988/gamergate-is-killing-video-games

This is talking about it yes?
>>
>>71432288
Wait, why is the Prime series excluded?
>>
>>71432229
In the interest of being objective it would be dishonest to say that a small but vocally retarded group of /b/ and /v/ edgelords weren't most likely sending rape threats and being dipshits.

As always SJWs were given the excuse that they need to avoid addressing any criticism by autists going too far.
>>
>>71432328
>What certain groups are being "purged" from the industry?
Straight white men.
>>
>>71432280
>Why the hell would Anita waste time with a fringe maniac who clearly just got into this thing for attention?
You just described Anita. Except she got into this thing for money AND attention. And you don't need to like video games to know Anita is a lying sack of shit.
>>
>>71431217
Being male makes you double Hitler.
>>
>>71432338
Well I also want a hot german wife and to won a chocolate factory and for people on this site to stop talking about tumblr. Doesn't mean any of it has or will happened.

You can want all you want, but those same SJW/tumblr complainers are also limp wristed key board warriors with zero pull in the industry and zero will to actually put work in to even dip their toes in.

They can scream and cry all they want and it won't matter.
>>
>>71432400
Fuck yeah does that mean it's my birthday too?
>>
>>71432215
>outing your abusers is wrong
gaslighting and serial cheating is emotional abuse. I don't give a shit about gamergate but zoe quinn is a horrible person.
>>
>>71432229

GG logic

> THESE TWO PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE SAME INDUSTRY AND LIVE IN THE SAME CITY KNOW EACH OTHER! THIS IS CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW FRIENDSHIPS OR CAREERS WORK
>>
File: Simba.png (500KB, 840x467px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Simba.png
500KB, 840x467px
>>71432280

>Why the hell would Anita waste time with a fringe maniac who clearly just got into this thing for attention?

Why the Hell would Bill Nye waste time with a fringe maniac who is clearly just got into this thing for attention?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

Because its a good way to win the war of IDEAS in the eye of the public? Because you can get $10,000 for charity for relatively little work? Because that's what you do when you truly believe your ideas are superior?

Anita utterly

> The guy doesn't even LIKE videogames, he wrote articles for years insulting gamers and blaming them for school shootings.

If this is relevant, then so is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI

Anita doesn't even LIKE video games either. OH NOES THIS MEANS SHE IS A LOONY. SHE'S WRITING THAT VIDEO GAMES CAUSE SEXISM... which has just as much as much backing as the latter claim. As in zilch.

If Milo's a loony for blaming violence on video games, why isn't Anita a loony for doing the same with sexism? What's the qualitative difference?

Or what?

Anita has literally refused to debate ANYONE on this issue.

If this doesn't indicate fear of putting her ideas up to scrutiny, then what DOES it indicate?
>>
>>71431999
He's clearly a tumblr supporter.

It's that /co/mblr "not all of tumblr is Social Justice bullshit" thought process.
>>
>>71432280
>Wasting her time
He just offered $10,000 to do it. If he's such a maniac, surely she can just shut him down for 30mins and get a solid 10K for "muh feminism" for her trouble?

The truth is Anita isn't worth shit without Jonathan Mcintosh whispering what to say in her ear
Anita is a parrot, a puppet
>>
>>71432291
>or black klansmen
>still comparing them to the KKK
lol grow up, child.
>>
>>71432368
Maybe they meant sans other M?
>>
>>71432433
They're all horrible people.

GG was awful people being awful to other awful people.
>>
>>71431364
>righteous idiocy
So this isnt about gaming journalism or even women gamers anymore?
>>
Because 4chan hates everything.
>>
File: co btfo.png (57KB, 1101x185px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
co btfo.png
57KB, 1101x185px
Goddamn, where the fuck is the janitor?

Anyways, have some OC of /co/ being complacent while SJWs fuck over their industry.
>>
>>71432168
Doesn't the fact that someone who campaigned a war across a continent, advocated ethnical cleansing and was a grade A nationalist painted idyllic pastoral depictions kind of work together though?

Hitler was a human. People are human. Humans make art for other humans and about other humans.
>>
>>71432163
This. Its telling that anytime one of these "controversies" happen, it always ends up turning into a shit flinging contest about video games.
>>
>>71432442
>If this is relevant, then so is this

Of course it's relevant but it's just excused because you've got Liana K and Milo doing it, their past is just let slide and played off as a "mistake" because they pander to GG same as Anita panders to SJW's.
>>
>>71431396
>tripfag
Anon, I
>>
>>71432260

I didn't agree that the Batgirl cover was bad. I thought it was great.

However, I don't understand why people exercising their freedom of speech to criticize what a company does is bad.

I don't understand why a company responding to that criticism and deciding it is more in their interest to change their product is bad.
>>
>>71432493
but zoe quinn gets to play the victim card and everyone just assumes that her ex is jilted liar Which is sexist.
>>
>>71432504
Gamurgate is still happening? What successes have you had recently?
>>
File: jthomson.png (262KB, 600x280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jthomson.png
262KB, 600x280px
>>71432387
Remember the time GG gave a fuckload of money to a pair of clowns who wanted to release a bunch of anti-Anita videos that literally interviewed Jack Thompson offering his support for them? Which they then cancelled, taking the money with them?

You guys kinda lost any right to complain about Anita being 'anti-game' and 'running a scam' after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdIHK8O5yo
>>
>>71432529
>However, I don't understand why people exercising their freedom of speech to criticize what a company does is bad.
How is it any different from people criticizing the call to change the cover? Free speech all around
>>
>>71432301
Its blatant censorship and unethical behavior. That you can't see that only outs you as an SJW shill.
>>
>>71431054
>>71431014
Guys, it's OK, you can disagree with someone on a political point and still be friends.

One of the closest friendships I know of is between a right-wing libertarian and a communist. True friends don't let politics get in the way.
>>
>>71432493
Don't try to divert this away from the fact that zoe quinn is a shitty cunt who torpedoed a pro-woman game jam.
>>
File: BTC.png (150KB, 1896x921px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BTC.png
150KB, 1896x921px
>>71432328

Literally anyone who will not cowtow to the feminist narrative.


Its not like they're hiding this. At all.
>>
File: sad clown.jpg (1MB, 1878x1544px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sad clown.jpg
1MB, 1878x1544px
>>71431244

That's another creator I will never be able to buy every again because of bullshit oppression olympics politics. I'm getting off the big two train and going back 80's mecha and a few trades of older runs.
>>
>>71431077
>He said GamerGate, of which many women are a part of, hates women and are similar to the KKK. You are actually defending this.
I can not blame most people for thinking this or at least thinking this when they are first presented with a brief rundown of what happened witth GG. The notion behind it was of good intentions but when half of the people that are pro GG are tweeting things like
>YO BITCH! IT'S NOT ABOUT HATING WOMEN, YOU CUNT. IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN JOURNALISM, WHORE
It's hard to look at that and say "you know what, they don't really hate women. Let's fix video games, guys."
>>
>>71432493
>All muslims are terrible people because of Islamic extremists
GG is full of shitters and /pol/-tier edgelords, but that is most certainly the minority of them.
>>
>>71432545
like I said, awful people being awful to other awful people. It's a shit storm. It doesn't matter if one person was worse than the other, every person actively involved was a bowl of turds.

And zoe didn't get away with it either, she made a post on cracked a while ago and the comments were filled with people calling her out on her bullshit and I doubt that was or will be the only place.
>>
>>71432529
Cause the variant didn't harm anyone.
>>
>>71432504
The things owned by Turner Broadcasting or the things owned by the Walt Disney Corporation?

>>71432478
Smooth, coming from someone who cannot read a whole post.
>>
>>71432581
>the feminist narrative.
>>
>>71432558

I don't actually remember that.
>>
>>71432301
>Someone ironically says "I want to have your babies"
>Stock phrase that fangirls have said for years gender reversed by fanboy towards female artist
>Should be completely innocuous at best and simply ignored at worst
>Instead go on a enormous rant about how comment was "Sexist" and all sorts of other shit
>Basically outed yourself as not only lacking in any sort of humor (ironic considering your job as a cartoonist) but also as a preachy sort looking for any possible chance to soapbox
>Surprised when people start getting tired of hearing you make a mountain out of a molehill
>>
>>71432558
Sounds like GG is the one who got scammed. But it's cute you think that somehow excuses Anita's super villainy. She literally lies to get money. Whenever she's running low on funds or needs a boost she fakes a death threat to herself.
>>
>>71432043
>/pol/ and SJWs don't even read these comics or watch cartoons, you just come here to sling shit at each other.

I don't think you get it. Comics and video games are both popular and flexible to change, unlike Hollywood. People come in calling mysoggynee to get books fundamentally changed. It's not about the quality of books, it's about identify politics.
>>
>>71432581
>Social science PhD's
Try BA's.
>>
>>71432467
>He's clearly a tumblr supporter.
Never been to tumblr in my life besides a small handful of porn blogs. But sure, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

>anyone that disagrees with me is tumblr!
Christ you people are pathetic. You can't even fathom that there might be people out there that find you to be annoying little shits without also being "the enemy."
>>
>>71432607
But the ex got multiple articles on why he's a shitty person for outing an abuser and scores of comments agreeing with that view.
>>
>>71432612
Look, people got up and arms over it. That got the artist's attention, and he asked for it to be pulled because he didn't intend to offend anyone. DC said ok.

I don't see what the fucking problem is. Everyone was in agreement about the distastefulness about it except entitled internet whiners.
>>
>>71432587
>Throwing slurs at someone is comparable to the KKK
Yeah, okay buddy
>>
>>71432280
>a fringe maniac who clearly just got into this thing for attention?
Are we talking about Milo or Anita? I can't tell
>>
>>71432495
>anymore
>>
File: ddf.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ddf.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>71432467
>You claimed that not everyone on a website of 30-50 million users is exactly the same! You've shown your cards!
>>
>>71432650
I just love this GG narrative. You have literally no proof Anita faked any of the threats. None. And you have that fat fuck TotalBiscuit saying they can't be real threats "because she's still breathing". Is that the line you guys are still going with?
>>
>>71432558
GG were shitting on those guys constantly, though they did have a giggle at the Thompson clip.
>>
>>71432529

Because you're accusing ONE group of trying to be exclusive of others...

While this other group is actively attacking artists for their work and yet gets a pass.

IF you think the people who wanted this cover removed are okay, then I do not see a single way that you can think the people who tried to oppose them are bad.
>>
I don't like how this has basically become a case where everyone on either side has been tarred with the same brush.

I guess I'd say I'm on the 'side' of GamerGate, but at the same time I think that there needs to be more actual discussion between the two 'sides' (if you can even call them that) and less 'SJW!'/'MISOGYNIST!' witch hunting.
>>
>>71432556
We cost Gawker millions in ad revenue, you tumblr shill.
>>
>>71431095
You realize most Gamergaters actually are women, right?
You realize that Gamergate is basically a group of people who think fake-journalism sites like Kotaku that are SJW trash and need to go in the bin instead of being held up as the truth in pop culture?

That the anti-GG people are just insane morons like that chick who wrecked Might Number 9 through her lying and shit opinions who hate being called out on their bullshit?

All the "doxxing" and death-threats is just people getting WAY too passionate about their argument?
>>
>>71432587
>but when half of the people that are pro GG are tweeting things like
Yea this is bullshit. It's only a small minority of GG supporters who post that shit. Not to mention it's fucking retarded to judge a movement by what the few do when on the other side it's damn near everyone saying even worst shit. I mean you're actually defending Waid calling them the KKK and saying women should be silenced for not following HIS political beliefs.
>>
>>71432556
Zoe Quinn recently shelled out $3,000 so she could complain about Twitter trolls to Congress.

Not really a victory but still pretty funny
>>
File: AA gif 4u.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AA gif 4u.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>71432623

>Tumblr gif
>didn't bother changing the filename.

You'll have to do better next time.
>>
>>71432702
Not Anita no, but Brianna Wu admitted to falseflagging
>>
>>71432670
again it's awful people being awful to other awful people, I'm not making anybody out to be a good person. I'd push every one of them into a volcano if I could.

Zoe is a shitty person, there is zero doubt about that, but also releasing a public witch hunt is also a really shitty thing to do whether the person deserves it or not.
>>
>>71432467
Anon, slow down there. I don't like Social Justice Warriors but at the same time tumblr is a fucking huge website. You can find basically anything on there. Is a large percentage of the userbase into social justice, often in a way that isn't helpful to anyone? Yes, definitely, but you can't tar the entire site with the same brush.
>>
>>71432680

Yeah, he "pulled it voluntarily" like a senator under indictment resigns "to be with his family."
>>
>>71432442
> VIDEOGAMERS LITERALLY CAUSE MURDER AND DEATH, GAMERS ARE LOSERS WITH YELLOW-STAINED UNDERWEAR

Aww, he didn't mean it, Milo is a good guy really!

> "I'm not a gamer..."

FUCKING EVIL BITCH FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71432702
>None.
Except that one that she screencapped 12 seconds after it was originally posted.
>>
File: XILc1jy.jpg (111KB, 578x702px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
XILc1jy.jpg
111KB, 578x702px
>>71432691
They're one and the same, but GG lets it slide for Milo because he panders to them >>71432315 Might as well throw this fake cunt in too.
>>
>>71432434
>> THESE TWO PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE SAME INDUSTRY AND LIVE IN THE SAME CITY KNOW EACH OTHER! THIS IS CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW FRIENDSHIPS OR CAREERS WORK
He's in the credits and they admitted to being in a relationship prior to the articles being written.
>>
>>71432620
Your post didn't need to be read any further. Comparing something to the KKK isn't an argument. No more than me calling you a communist is.
>>
>>71432702
>saying they can't be real threats "because she's still breathing"
Except that wasnt what he said
>>
>>71432607
>silencing a victim's outcry
nice. I guess we as a society can't discuss dimestic abuse unless it happens to a living saint.
>>
>>71432596
Lol.

Compare the entire history of Islam and all the people who have ever been Muslim to the amount of extremists there have been. That ratio would surely show that extremists are a small minority.

Compare the short existence of GamerGate to all the harassment that has occurred in that short time span.

But of course, it's always "fringe loonies who don't represent us." Anything anyone does ever can be dismissed as "no true Gator" in order to preserve the legitimacy of the movement.
>>
>>71432730
Wow, you got a few advertisers to pull ads for a month before they all got reinstated whilst the advertisers got wise to your scheme. Nice work!
>>
>>71432623
>TH-THERE IS NO FEMINIST NARRATIVE!
>SHUT IT DOWN! THEY KNOW!
>>
>>71432556
Gawker lost like seven figures of income and ad revenue continues to decline
Escapist revised their ethics policies and got some new writers
People like Moviebob and Leigh Alexander got fired.
>>
>>71432753

Kinda had to, when she got caught doing it multiple times.

Rather a trend with her group.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/04/10/at-umich-a-libertarian-muslim-student-un
>>
>>71432749
forgot pic
>>
>>71432783
and the talk bomb threat which she cancelled and kept the money that was investigated and found not to be a threat
and the Brazilian journalist she refused to report to the police
>>
>>71432785
Milo admitted he was wrong before. People can change their minds, you know. Dude writes about Digimon and shit now.
>>
>>71432830
I thought that MovieBob got fired because he's an inflammatory asshole?
>>
>>71432833
> Mike Cernovich

HOLY SHIT, THE 'LAWYER' WHO HAS NEVER WON A CASE IN COURT, AND HAD A TWITTER RANT ABOUT HOW HIS CUM IS A MAGIC POTION, AND THAT WANKING IS A TOOL OF COMMUNISTS

This is who you're allied to, GamerGate. These are the people you look up to. Look at yourselves.
>>
>>71432760
so abuse victims can't talk about their abusers. not even talking about gamergate here so stop trying to use that to discredit the issue.
>>
File: 201.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
201.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>71432315

They certainly didn't ask for money from their 'supporters' directly.

I mean, who exactly is being harmed by them using this message for attention... IF THE MESSAGE IS TRUE?
>>
>>71432702
>And you have that fat fuck TotalBiscuit saying they can't be real threats "because she's still breathing". Is that the line you guys are still going with?
I don't know. Is it, Straw Man? Is there 100% definitive evidence that Anita either sent herself death threats or had someone send them to her? No, there isn't. But the evidence that does exist VERY FUCKING STRONGLY suggests she certainly did one or the other. I'd also note that not a single person has been arrested for threatening Anita either, which is quite odd in this day and age.
>>
>>71432852
Haha guys it was just a mistake, you believe me right? Buy my book!

For as much shit that cunt Anita gets not nearly enough is it for the likes of Milo or especially Liana K.
>>
>>71432830
Don't forget our catalyst/all round nice guy
Ben Kuchera got "tired of video games" and stopped reporting on them and now writes about comics(I think I haven't fact checked this, sorry)
>>
>>71432852
And yet whatever Anita says, you'd call her a 'lying, scamming bitch'.

Milo panders to you to aid his failing career (DON'T FORGET TO BUY HIS BOOK ON GAMERGATE GUYS) and you lap it up.
>>
>>71432813
>That ratio would surely show that extremists are a small minority.
Haha, oh wow.
>>
>>71432785
>made of rape

These people obviously never listen to the shite that flows out of their mouth.
>>
>>71432873
[citation needed]
>>
>>71432612
And changing the variant didn't harm anyone other. A company has the right to decide to not release or fix a work after it was release. We can criticize that decision, but it is still our's and their's right.
>>
>>71432888
There was a guy who was brought in by the FBI because of a believed threat but he claims it's an impersonator

"Daniel Sulzbach, also known as MrRepzion, claims to have been visited by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) because of an alleged "conference threat" he supposedly sent to Anita Sarkeesian. Sulzbach says it was an impersonator;"
>>
File: gooby_car_2_2.jpg (20KB, 231x208px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gooby_car_2_2.jpg
20KB, 231x208px
>>71432766
Nice try, SJWhale.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>71432916
Glad you asked!

https://storify.com/SJWIlluminati/juicebro-is-fucking-nuts
>>
>>71432897
When are you going to finish those videos, Josh?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY
>>
>>71432880
don't be straw manning here.

There is a very big difference to dealing with it offline vs starting an internet witch hunt.

If he was literally trapped in the relationship where his life was in real danger I would understand. But this was a girlfriend that cheated on him for good game reviews.
>>
>>71432885
Pandering to GG got Liana a cozy position at The Escapist when months before gg even was a thing she shat on The Witcher 3 for being made of rape, she has absolutely zero history with games prior to that.

It's all let slide just like how SJW's let everything fishy about Anita slide because they're the ones being pandered to.
>>
>>71432785
>They're one and the same, but GG lets it slide for Milo because he panders to them
Perhaps it's because Milo is not currently in the wrong?
Also keep in mind that even when Milo was shitting on gamers he was not trying to change games to suit his tastes he was content to simply mock gamers and continue with his life, whereas Anita (or more accurately Mcintosh) purposely goes out of their way to destroy the game industry and twist it into something that suits them more even though they have no intent on playing the games that come from this change.

Milo is the type of bully that mocks your sandcastle
Anita/Mcintosh is the kind of bully that kicks it over and then mocks you.
>>
>>71431095
Mark sign my book.
>>
>>71432926
Harmed me as a consumer. I had the option of buyong the variant but due to outside force I no longer do.
>>
>>71432938
But I don't even like social justice warriors, anon. I'm just saying that complete generalisations are a retarded idea. Like judging all men from one guy that stole your wallet, or judging all women because your ex was a bitch.

Jeez, you're paranoid.
>>
>>71432906
Haha, oh wow.
>>
>>71432926
pulling the variant Sent a message to survivors that talking about your experiences is problematic.
>>
>>71432979
It was a girlfriend who cheated on him for "positive game mentions in an article" and when he described the way Zoe was treating him to a 3rd party, said third party insisted he post about it as it was abuse,

Don't forget she also tried to get TFYC shut down and removed from the internet
>>
>>71432912
She changed her tune actually, that picture was before GG happened.

She saw a niche in Gamergate saps and started pandering to them in the same way Anita/Josh do to SJW's.
>>
>>71432376
Oh please. More books for some people does not mean less books for you unless you wanted all the books. Even triple more if you include all of world comics and all of comics history.

I see no awesome webcomics for real men posts or whatever on /co. Why isn't there? Where is MAN-ga posts? Where are the Hot Babe-alicious Indie Comic posts?

If you like something then talk -the-fuck- about it. Stop buying into the "shill" or "something-fag" or "attentionwhore" newspeak.

If you see people getting some attention they hadn't before that doesn't mean the attention to you goes away. It just means that you cannot sit on your ass and expect to be serviced by everything.
>>
File: GG wins.png (454KB, 1024x506px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GG wins.png
454KB, 1024x506px
>all these fake replies ITT

Holy shit you cucks, why are you so desperate to surpress GG? Are SJWs so deep in your hobby now that you can't bad-mouth them without risk of them turning all your favorite characters into transgender mudskins?

No wonder nobody respects /co/ anymore
Literally /v/ 2.0
>>
>>71432425
It's not your birthday, it's your double birthday. Enjoy that.
>>
>>71432989
How can a game "made of rape". It's fundamentally impossible
>>
>>71432873

>This is who you're allied to, GamerGate

What leads you to believe they're "allies?"

And have you taken a LOOK at the people that the other side has openly and gleefully allied with?
>>
>>71432979
She gaslighted him and threatened suicide.she mad him cut ties with friends as well. thise are some serious ass emotional abuse and should be treated as such.
>>
>>71432612
>You're only allowed freedom of expression to criticize things that harm people
>>
File: comics.jpg (60KB, 475x462px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
comics.jpg
60KB, 475x462px
>>71432746
I never intended my post to be defending his dumb ass tweets. Just that it's easy to see why people are so easy to believe the misogynistic side story of gamer gate instead of the full story because of biased people informing them. The people who keep bringing up GG are usually people who want another GG. What Waid said was dumb as fuck. I don't even like Waid or his comics, I'm just saying man, even if it wasn't half and just a vocal minority, that's enough to piss off a large amount of people and lump up the alright dudes with the shitheads. It's not right, but I can't blame him and I hope the people on twitter can get him to look at it from a different angle to analyze the more convoluted shit that happened in Gamergate and what's happening in the comics community right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 498x672px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 498x672px
>the Calgary Expo actually called the police on the Honey Badger brigade for holding picnic in a public park AFTER they were booted from the expo

Fuck.
>>
>>71433065
I don't know man but according to GG she's the saviour of games journalism.
>>
>>71431259
>scaring women out of their homes
>brianna wu admitted to lying
>zoe quinn and anita were proven to be lying about that
>anita hired bodyguards to go to cons with her to support her facade after the FBI pointed out she was not actually in danger
>>
>Thread that was about Waid's Twitter on GG, already barely related to /co/, turns into a thread about Literally Who and Anita and GG and the SJW boogyman and M-MAH HOBBY as it's hijacked by GG supporters.

This why no fucking likes GG. This is why you were banned off of 4chan. I'm glad at least people on /co/ are resisting this shit.
>>
>>71432979
What actions could he take? Emotional abuse cases are never taken seriously by the law.
>>
>>71433127
You dumb shit, Waid himself brought those hags up on his twitter.
>>
>>71433127
Hello, Mr. Stewart.
>>
File: 111.jpg (793KB, 2520x2430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
111.jpg
793KB, 2520x2430px
>>71433054

Well as long as we're out in the open about paid shilling on the internet...
>>
>>71431771
anti-GGers have gotten people fired from their jobs, too.
http://imgur.com/gallery/FzbfIRp
>>
>>71433099
Canadians are the faggiest of the SJWs.
>>
File: 1424410014439.png (31KB, 853x543px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424410014439.png
31KB, 853x543px
HE'S A JANITOR

ON AN COMIC IMAGEBOARD

HE LETS BAIT THREADS AND POL SHIT FUCK UP THE BOARD

FOR FREE

HE WASTES TIME DELETING POSTS AND REPORTING ANONS FOR MINOR IRRELEVANT SHIT INSTEAD OF BEING FUCKING USEFUL

FOR FREE

HE IS LITERALLY ALLOWING CANCER TO KILL THE BOARD AND MAKE EVERYONE HATE IT MORE

FOR FREE

HE LIVES IN NEW YORK, HE'S 24 AND NEVER GOTTEN LAID, AND HE'S PROBABLY A JEWISH RATBAG WHO HAS ONLY KNOWN MOOT FOR 5 MONTHS

FOR

FUCKING

FREE
>>
>>71432979
shouldn't people know that zoe quinn is an abuser?
>>
>>71431461
SJWs and their doppelgangers on the other side of the coin are nothing but a bunch armchair activists comprised of either...

A) upper middle-class children who know nothing about the world outside their bubble

B) sexually repressed/frustrated adults who never grew up
>>
>>71433127

You really have nothing, don't you?
>>
>>71433183
Did someone delete your Steven Universe porn again?
>>
>>71433105
Can we just cut out the journalist side completely?

Stop logging onto the websites and then just start buying whatever games we think is good via demo or just taking a chance and spread its quality via word of mouth?
>>
>>71433086
>Art should be censored
>>
File: wadetirade1of2.png (550KB, 930x3938px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wadetirade1of2.png
550KB, 930x3938px
>>71430843

Here's the entire extended Waid anti-GG tirade, wherein he compares them to the KKK, Nazis, Westboro Baptist Church, a cult, calls their dicks small, and (afaict erroneously) accuses them of poor spelling)

PART 1 OF 2
>>
>>71433127
>this is why you were banned off of 4chan
didnt moot later go on record saying he was hasty in his judgements of GG and that it was a mistake to ban the threads?
>>
File: wadetirade2of2.png (688KB, 930x3938px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wadetirade2of2.png
688KB, 930x3938px
>>71430843
>>71433234

PART 2 OF 2
>>
>>71432873
>This is who you're allied to, GamerGate. These are the people you look up to. Look at yourselves.

?

And you are apparently allied to Anita Sarkeesian
>>
>>71433151
Yes. This thread was shit as soon as OP was posted, and it's turn into a human centipede of shit. The thread was started to simply inflammatory so GGers could circle-jerk while anti-GGers entered the circle-jerk to stop the circle-jerk instead only widening the circle-jerk.
>>
>>71432556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_KMA2j_PWM

For me GG is over.
>>
>>71433094
>but I can't blame him
Why not? You seem to view him as an almost innocent victim in all of this who has been brainwashed to believe all these lies. What makes you think he's not a full blown SJW who honestly believes all this bullshit? Everything he has said so far is something your average, crazy SJW would say.

I mean he's actually fucking defending Anita, Wu and Quinn. Wu has been proven a liar and Quinn has been proven to be just an awful awful person while Anita simply says things that are completely untrue. He supports these monsters.
>>
>>71433076
>She gaslighted him

To get his inheritance?
>>
Because he's an SJW.
>>
>>71433174
>clients: Pampers
I'm just going to pretend every diaper fetishist online is simply trying to viral Pampers.
>>
>>71432744
>You realize that Gamergate is basically a group of people who think fake-journalism sites like Kotaku that are SJW trash and need to go in the bin instead of being held up as the truth in pop culture?

Who the fuck could possibly care about this?

OMG some gaming sites don't adhere to good journalistic standards!! Does the President know about this?? Something must be done immediately!
>>
>>71432897
>GG has bad guys too guise ;_;

Which is irrelevant, because GG is about ethics in game journalism

No accusation you make will change that fact

You lose, hambeast
>>
File: 1429104617047.jpg (9KB, 176x318px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429104617047.jpg
9KB, 176x318px
>>71433174
This
>>
>>71433174
>there are paid trolls on 4chan

news at 11
>>
>>71433267
>I'm talking out of my ass and it tastes wonderful!
>>
>>71432793
I would say that this wasn't the argument. But since that wasn't clear, and I see your point in that.

It's close to the ol' the first who mentions Nazis looses rule of the internet. Which means that we're all idiots in the first place for even being in this thread at all, which doesn't matter much compared to the heat death of the universe anyway.
>>
Mark Waid said something mean about Gamergate?

Suddenly I want to read stuff by him.

gg no re
>>
hahaha holy shit

waid probably shouldn't bother to post on twitter so much because none of what he's saying is particularly interesting but these GG folks are pathetic
>>
>>71433174
>>
File: mwie_at_meltdown.jpg (202KB, 480x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mwie_at_meltdown.jpg
202KB, 480x640px
>>71433360
>>
>>71432744
Gamergate is basically a group of people who think fake-journalism sites like Kotaku that are SJW trash and need to go in the bin instead of being held up as the truth in pop culture

Gamergate. Fighting for a goal only they care about
>>
>>71433317
>mainstream companies are paid to give positive reviews to a game, even if it's garbage
>hundreds of thousands of more casual gamers read them
>buy the shitty games, unaware of the actual quality of the game
>those games are seen as the good games people want
>more of those mediocre games are made, instead of actually good games who couldn't pay for positive reviews

yeah, I'm not seeing any problems here--GO BUY CALL OF DUTY 45 TODAY!
>>
File: 1429415261998.png (80KB, 245x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429415261998.png
80KB, 245x251px
>frogposting general
>>
>>71433287
to get away with cheating.
>>
File: Saul Alinsky.jpg (116KB, 665x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saul Alinsky.jpg
116KB, 665x900px
>>71433325

Every time they try to make it about the shortcomings of the *people* in the movement and not about the FAILINGS OF A WHOLE INDUSTRY largely due to a particular ideology, I remember why I even pay attention to this.

Every human being has flaws that can be paraded out to their detriment. Every. One. Media outlets that exploit this fact to try and assassinate individuals they dislike are despicable.

Those who insist that we have to wait until the perfect, pure, untouched representative comes along before we can ACTUALLY have a discussion are the ones who are dishonestly trying to stifle debate.

Discuss the ideas and ignore the people until and unless those people are actually relevant to the ideas.

If you can't do that, then just shut up. Fuck Saul Alinksy for justifying and glorifying tactics that willfully avoid the truth.
>>
>>71433405
When was the last time GG had any large scale movement against triple A's? Its all eceleb dramas and SJW indie devs
Also
>mainstream companies are paid to give positive reviews to a game, even if it's garbage
Citation needed
>>
Can't we just agree that both sides are retarded babies and instead talk about live action adaptations of comics and or cartoons
>>
>>71433544
it's been going against the journalists promoting this shit

>citation needed
dragon age 2.
>>
>>71433192
>A) upper middle-class children who know nothing about the world outside their bubble
>B) sexually repressed/frustrated adults who never grew up


The irony is, this is how they see the far-right wingers here.
>>
File: 1415062925763.png (2MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415062925763.png
2MB, 1065x902px
mfw none of this really matters

It doesn't matter if your're pro or anti sjw. These internet arguments are just tears in the rain.
>>
>>71433583
He just said their doubles on the other side of the coin aka right wingers
>>
All I know is that it'll all be over whenever one side or the other makes a movie about it. And I'm not talking some kind of documentary; I'm talking a full three-act structure straight out of Syd Field's pissbox.
>>
>>71433572
>it's been going against the journalists promoting this shit
Seems like they should spare a moment for the companies actually shelling out the companies. And if you go on otherchan or KIA now, the vast majority of threads are about SJW articles
>>
>>71433572
you mean that time a bioware employee gave the game a perfect USER review
>>
>>71433405
Again, who the fuck cares? They're games. It's not like those Chinese companies who were making "baby formula" that had no nutritional value. Call me when there are dead babies involved in this "scandal".
>>
>>71433787
>"B" matters
>therefore "A" does not matter
Show your work.
>>
>>71432999
>consumer
>>
File: 1428034966174.png (123KB, 503x503px)
1428034966174.png
123KB, 503x503px
>>71433787
>who the fuck cares? They're games.
>Let's go back to discussing comics, an even more valueless medium

jelly
>>
>>71431083
>The best part is probably that he and Busiek are just laughing at this dumb shit

forced, hypersarcastic chucklehuckles are the ultima ratio of moral certitude
>>
>>71432623
Don't slander that dope movie with your nonsense.
>>
>>71433894

HAW HAW HAW HAW YOU SAID RATIO HEH HAW HEH HEH HHEH EEHHEH HEH HEH HEH HAW HEH HAW HEH
>>
>>71430843
>Based
>mfw this words has completely lost all of it's meaning and it's become a 9fag retard word like "hype"
I mean, when the biggest autist in the world, Waid, gets called "based"....
>>
>>71433837
>Dead babies are sort of bad
>Reviews of muh gamez are unreliable?? This. Is. An. Outrage. We must mobilize!

Show your work.
>>
>>71433977
Well now you're just strawmanning.
>>
>>71432979
>There is a very big difference to dealing with it offline vs starting an internet witch hunt.
It's funny that the SJWs were saying just the opposite on here when Yale Stewart's ex-girlfriend decided to text a private picture to all her friends as a joke, who then started a witch hunt saying he was clearly a sexist pervert spreading pictures of his genitals around to women his ex was friends with. Funnily, they had no proof and repeatedly claimed it was "unfair" and "triggering" to expect proof of such serious accusations. Nevermind that the picture in question was over two years old at the time.
>>
>>71430963
He said Gamergate is the equivalent of the KKK, WBC, etc. all because of an incident where a group of pro-GamerGate people were kicked out of the Calgary Expo con because they had "disrupted a panel for women in comics".

The audio came out of that panel and they didn't actually disrupt anything and were actually invited/given permission to ask questions. The con kicked them out after a twitter backlash and wouldn't tell them why until they turned off their recording equipment, then changed the story afterwards to "they registered under false pretenses" based on a Mary Sue article where they intentionally misread a sarcastic description of themselves on their website.

The next day they were hanging out in a park and con security called the cops on them because they were afraid they would "try to sneak back in".

Waid has been acting like a faggot and calling for a boycot/blacklist from creators of any con that allows a GG presence while swallowing up the Mary Sue/CA narrative of evil misogynerds who are on the same level of digust and danger as the Klan.
>>
>>71433846
>Let's go back to discussing comics, an even more valueless medium

Discussing games = fun
Discussing comics = fun
Getting into a frothing rage about "cheating" in reviews of pop-culture ephemera != fun

If it came out that Alex Hirsch was trading BJs in return for good reviews of Gravity Falls, I would just feel sorry for the guy and move on. I wouldn't try to start a movement to correct this infinitesimal "problem".
>>
>>71433360
His Flash run is 10/10. Get on that shit.
>>
>>71433392
This is so stupid.
>>
>>71430843

Hey everyone coming fresh to the thread

You all can go ahead and skip ever single post before

>>71434055

That is the post that actually answers the question that the OP is asking
>>
>>71434156
Well some people still believe that Moot is gonna sell the site to Gawker media.

>the sale is gonna come thru any day now, r-really!
>>
Why does this say /co/ - Comics & Cartoons? I thought I was on Tumblr. Hmm.
>>
>come into thread to troll
>thread is already so far gone that even my most inflammatory trolling will be indistinguishable from the shit already being spewed
Oh well. Guess I'll just make femThor thread.
>>
>>71430843

not everyone, just neo/co/
>>
>>71433392
So... The FBI's plan is what exactly? Something something SJW state? It's just a load of buzzwords thrown into the most vague, incoherent, incomprehensible shit I've ever read. Also, what kind of dumb fuck gets co-opted by the FBI for a covert disinformation program, and then is stupid enough to declare this on one of the websites allegedly being monitored, with plenty of information provided in the aforementioned diatribe to ascertain their identity?
>>
>>71434204
>my hobby is more socially-acceptable because it's fun
>video games are in fact not fun

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
File: CCA1.jpg (64KB, 500x271px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CCA1.jpg
64KB, 500x271px
the minute we were willing to admit that comics and games were a little misogynist, the fucking dams have burst and there's a never ending outcry of tearful mellow drama and butthurt whiny baby babble from the SJW cucks, white knights and miserable exploitative feminazi professional victims. I regret that we ever gave them an inch to open up this discussion with. Because now they've already taken a mile and we're never going to see the end of it.

Now the world's mission is to make sure these special snowflakes don't drop into a triggered induced coma of PTSD and unwarranted self-importance, so they're going to keep surging with this outcry, and keep asking for censorship. It's fucking bollocks.

Why should mediums I love be altered and to cater to a demo of people who don't even like it. It's 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE' taken to the nth degree.

I genuinely fear that this is the dawning of the new comics code authority. That now they'll be a code of ethical guidelines to follow and subjects that can't be discussed. Scenes of a sexualised nature censored, subject matter altered to represent more women and ethnicities in stronger roles. I know pieces of shit like Waid would openly welcome a new SJW run comics code authority, and he's a traitor to his fans and industries for doing so.
>>
>>71434236
Who exactly do you think is running the site?
>>
>>71433054
>Holy shit you cucks, why are you so desperate to surpress GG?

No one here is trying to fucking suppress GG. We seriously don't want to get involved with that shit. It's all cancerous and it ruins discussion and brings the worst out of people. I fucking hate the SJW, but so far in comics they're not an issue. Let them take to twitter and talk shit all they won't, 9/10 no one is even listening.

If creators are going to change our favorite characters, they will because they're in charge. If we don't like it, we just won't support their content. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>71434282
>Any day now, you'll see. The lawyers are just crossing the dots!!
>>
I just have one thing to ask:

What the fuck would superman do if he was dragged into this situation?
>>
>>71434332
He's fictional.

He'd side with whoever is writing him.
>>
>>71434332
pretty sure he wouldn't waste his time in a nicaraguan claymation site.
>>
>>71434322
Do you receive monetary compensation for your actions?
>>
>>71434332
if superman were told to stop being an all powerful white male super being, he'd probably just shrug it off by saying, first I'm not even a human, second my race is kryptonian not caucasian and third of all I have a duty to do what's right that outweighs your petty complaining.
>>
File: 1429093685487.png (1MB, 998x1395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429093685487.png
1MB, 998x1395px
>>71434286
>so far in comics they're not an issue.

Why do SJWs pretend they aren't SJWs in order to make claims this transparently stupid?
>>
>>71434332
He would have bitch slapped Waid and told the chucklefucks at the expo that it's wrong to silence people because you disagree with them. Especially when those people weren't saying anything inflammatory.
>>
Why is this thread even still up?
>>
>>71434371
>I know it's hard for you to believe me, but if you see these jpgs I edited with mspaint you'll see that Gawker has been orchestrating this since 4chin's inception.
>>
>>71434286
>I fucking hate the SJW, but so far in comics they're not an issue.
Either you're delusional, a SJW yourself, or you don't read comics.
>>
>>71434438
Pro bono then. Gotcha.
>>
>>71434332
>What the fuck would superman do if he was dragged into this situation?

Seeing as Superman is a normal person, a normalfag if you must, he wouldn't even care. He'd never see the online complaining because he'd be too busy living his life like a normal person.

Like it should be.
>>
>>71434436
So you can keep getting triggered.
>>
>>71434458
I think super and normal are incompatible terms.
>>
>>71434492
then you clearly haven't fucking read any super-man. That's literally one of the main themes of the book. Blurring the lines between the super hero he was born to be and the man he hides himself in
>>
>>71430963
/co/ was a lot better before tumblr whores posted here! Getting into shit for pissing on your consumers should get you into shit.
>>
>>71434385
>Why do SJWs pretend they aren't SJWs in order to make claims this transparently stupid?

C'mon now. Out of all the comics I read this year, few of them have been infected with the SJW bullshit. Yea their artist and writers are SJWs, but they haven't felt the need to implement their cancer into the comics. That's not to say ALL comics aren't effected, i'm just saying it's not near as many as you guys are making it out to be.
>>
>>71434553
Normal people don't deal with balancing normal and abnormal. Normal people are normal.
>>
File: nsmail-1.png (2MB, 1023x881px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nsmail-1.png
2MB, 1023x881px
>>71431206
The delusion is real
>>
>>71433783
4Chan only hates /pol/ because it is at the very extreme of reactionary right-wingism.

The rest of 4Chan is just somewhat less right wing. Pretty much, all of 4Chan is /pol/, except only on /pol/ do you get away with calling black people monkeys and thinking the Jews control the world.

Well, /lit/ at least has some political diversity. That's why I make stealth political threads there that I wouldn't want to discuss with /pol/. I mean, since it's about literature, and there is literature on politics, I usually get away with it.
>>
>>71434055
I always knew he was an unoriginal hack!
>>
>>71431106

He called for blacklisting people from conventions for having different opinions than his.

He also compared the people he disagrees with to the KKK.

So, there are those two differences.
>>
>>71431184
>Apparently you're not allowed to speak out against GG or else you're Double Hitler.

Meanwhile, Waid is the one who actually compared the people he disagrees with to Hitler.
>>
>>71431244
>Anita, Brianna and Zoe

Three rich white women having their feet licked by legions of pussywhipped white boys. Why the fuck are those three retards in particular so important regarding "harassment?"
>>
>>71434616
4chan by and large is anti-auth left wing.
>>
>>71434239
Lol, the "/co/mblr" meme just shows how sensitive the gate keepers are. Even the smallest amount of people who don't agree with them on "their site" proves that they've "infiltrated" us and control the entire webpage.

It doesn't matter that they are the minority on these boards, the fact that they exist at all and are allowed to have opinions is conclusive proof that this place is now /co/mblr. AND WE MUST MOBILIZE TO TAKE BACK OUR HOBBY
>>
>>71431077
That's unfair, the KKK are a much more legitimate organization that discusses real issues.
>>
>>71431090

Nah man, he is right
>>
>>71434616
/pol/ is spreading more and more everyday. I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me. It seems as if the /pol/ users won't hesitate to announce themselves and their ideology in a thread, which is the main concern.

As a minority, i've pretty much have had to stop browsing certain boards because I just couldn't take the blatant hatred. It's a me problem though and I probably should grow thicker skin, but it almost seems like we can't discuss anything anymore without some /pol/lack announcing himself. On /tv/ and /v/ alike. /co/ is the only place really /pol/ lite that we can freely discuss hobbies and shit.
>>
>>71434827
You chinamen have skin like rice paper.
>>
>>71434697
lolz, preach it gurl!
>>
File: 1429501241431.png (95KB, 504x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429501241431.png
95KB, 504x360px
>>71434827
>not liking /pol/
>hating comedy gold
>>
>>71432744
>Have you gotten death threats yet?
>Hang on, this new video you put up has over two hundred thousand views, you have gotten death threats!

This is what total biscuit said to one of the male guests on the co-optional podcast who did lets plays. Being a woman who stands for or against something is not what gets you doxed and threatened. Being a person in the spotlight is what does it.
>>
>>71434382
The only one of those things he'd actually say is the last one.
>>
>>71434869
Yes yes, I know the routine.

I'll get ready for 'gook' image dumping.
>>
>>71432744
Why anyone would send death threats over this shit eludes me.
>>
>>71434827
I got some badddddd news for you...

I just filter it mentally. Let the insane in the insane asylum do their thing.

I will say this: It does piss me off that this shit spills to facebook and twitter and i'm like "for god sakes... YOU HAVE PICTURES OF YOUR KIDS AND FAMILY! and here you are! like a fucking 'tard being like '9/11 is an inside job! the kikes run everything!' ". Seriously, how do those people sleep at night..
>>
>>71434941
>gook
>implying Korean
>implying Korea belongs to China
You chinamen are so racist.
>>
>>71434971
Jet beams can't melt steel fuels, retard.
>>
You know I'd complain about politics being wrapped up in cartoons and comics, but lets be real, there has ALWAYS been politics in these mediums even if they aren't this explicit.

Social Justice and...I dunno what the right is called here, GG/the Man-O-Sphere/Conservatives? Is just the Dems and GOP shitflinging contest again but on the Internet. Does it really gotta be like this?
>>
>>71435006
>Implying there is anything in Asia other than China and glorious Nippon!!
>>
>>71434689

I don't see that. I see that neoliberal free market post-equality attitude that chastises anyone who points out existing social constraints or social outcomes of groups because it's bad to point out groups exist because everyone is equal and the same. That sort of libertarian ideology that sounds progressive and neutral, but only really preserves existing power relations.

The ironic thing is that it extols the virtue of the market, and defends any product it likes with "well, there's demand for it, so that's just how capitalism works." But then when the market doesn't go their way (products being pulled because SJWs complain about them), all of the sudden, that's not the market responding to preferences, that's evil censorship. If the wrong groups use the rules to their advantage, then it doesn't count as following the rules, its something subversive.

I don't care for the SJWs, either. Everything is about "identity," and crafting some unique identity for oneself by creating a whole bunch of adjectives to describe the union of every special group they belong to, the sole member of that special set being that one special snowflake, the asexual genderbending latino womyn whatever. It's all about posturing showing how much more sensitive and aware of different identities and challenges than the next person, all without actually ever doing anything. And it promotes this sort of pomo relativism that reality is dependent on the observer, so what one says should be judged by who that person is (standpoint theory and all that shit).
>>
>>71431014
Why? ;_;
>>
>>71434827
>>71434971
You guys realize you can filter that content, right?
>>
>>71435039
>Does it really gotta be like this?

of course, think of it as picking a 'team' and rooting for it.
>>
>>71435051
>bullying people into not releasing something is the same as not buying something because you don't like it

WELCOME, ONE AND ALL,

TO THE MIND

OF A RETARD
>>
>>71435087
eh, /pol/ is mostly harmless. I don't mind. I get a chuckle out jewbashing secretly, but not something I'd outright announce on facebook where your family and co-workers can see what your doing.

I believe in free speech, but also when and how to use it. Sometimes you just got to call a jew "Kike". Like Haim Saban. Fucking Kike.
>>
>>71435117
This. And if you don't pick a team, then you belong to the other team by default in the eyes of each particular side.
>>
>>71435117
Gotta admit watching it burn from the sidelines is pretty fun too.
>>
File: 1411257628182.jpg (131KB, 1162x734px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411257628182.jpg
131KB, 1162x734px
FOR FREE
O
R

F
R
E
E
>>
>>71435117
>>71435160
>B.. Both sides are the same
>There are literally no differences
Arent you a pair of cool cats like you and not have an actual valuable opinion on anything
>>
>>71435251
It's not like either side has 100% valuable opinions either
>>
>>71435160
and thats my issue as well: too many people are pro and against GG that when I say "I don't fucking care about it", they throw a hissy fit and demand I take a side and/or call me a tool to the other side.

I Live by the beleif of "What would (X) Do in this situation?", like in >>71434332 example. Fictional yes, but fuck, the world has bigger problems and I have my own individual issues that I care not to divulge that i'm doing something to improve, yet, these fucking chuckleheads think taking sides in a war with no purpose is the way to go. I got shit to do. Self improving shit to do, you can go dig that trench yourself while I go and be a better person.
>>
>>71435251
Sorry I don't want to get involved in a pissing match between the two biggest faggots on Earth.
>>
>>71435140
Lol. This is another tenet of market fundamentalism. The only freedom that matters is the freedom of financial transactions. Only money is speech.

Other forms of expression are illegitimate. It is bad to protest. It is bad to complain. Many people voicing their opposition to a product is "bullying." Even if the company willingly pulled their product in light of the backlash, and didn't receive any coercive threats (and who DID receive coercive threats in that episode?)

However, it's cool to complain and bellyache again when the right people are doing it. Like now.
>>
>>71435303
>that when I say "I don't fucking care about it",
What the hells even the point of saying that
>EVERYONE LOOK AT ME
>I HAVE NO OPINION
>>
File: XKCD.png (17KB, 373x330px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
XKCD.png
17KB, 373x330px
>>71435354
>>71435297
>>
>>71435354
>it's just like, whoa man, both are equally wrong
>South Park always said that, and I think those South Park guise are smart anyways. At least they're rich, right?
>Whoa man, let's not get hasty and have an opinion about an issue. That might actually mean being something other than a worthless sack of shit

I respect Nazis. At least they have an ethos beyond your moral relativism "Hurr, whatever is in the middle is right" South Park lolbertarianism.
>>
>>71435377
The point is that you are easily triggered by someone who has no opinion
>>
GG did nothing wrong
>MUH HARASSMENT
>>
>>71435251
Anon, you got to realize that this whole debacle in the grand scheme of this doesn't really matter. At the end of the day life goes on.

This response might not be one you're looking for. But if you really feel strongly about the issues go ahead and make yourself heard regardless of what side you land on.

But I sometimes wonder how much free time people have to be discussing about this and deal with other stuff going on in life.

Oh well.
>>
>>71434827
>>71434971

Yeah, I get annoyed with having to put up with all that right-wing reactionary bullshit. I mean, I come to 4Chan because the age of the internet forum is pretty much dead, and this is one of the few places with good traffic, a range of topics to discuss, and anonymity. Message boards are dying and becoming small communities of people who know each other, and everything else is fucking Twitter or Facebook widgets.
>>
File: 1381665799340.jpg (40KB, 375x411px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381665799340.jpg
40KB, 375x411px
>>71431090

And this comes as a surprise to you?
>>
>>71432744
Just as kind of a reminder about the MN9 shit too: Dina wasn't JUST a community manager. She designed one of the bosses and worked directly in Comcept's Osaka HQ. She also controlled ALL of MN9's social media, etc. accounts, both English and Japanese, as well as their emails so everything was filtered through her.

She'd hunt down critics on Facebook in the like, see if they engaged in wrongthink, and promptly ban them from the MN9 forums.
>>
>>71435390
>Well, the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to all three, xkcd.
>>
>>71435451
>you got to realize that this whole debacle in the grand scheme of this doesn't really matter
In the grand scheme of things, very few things actually matter

>But I sometimes wonder how much free time people have to be discussing about this and deal with other stuff going on in life.
You seem to find time to tell people you dont care about this, I manage as well
>>
>>71435390
The thing is, not choosing a side doesn't make you "vastly superior" in anyway, I acknowledge this, i'm just playing it safe and staying out of the drama. I see people in my life who've "picked sides" and they're not fun to be around nor do they seem like they're having fun.

Also, you're failing to address that maybe some people don't care, can't embrace the either truths each sides have to offer, or are confused about each truth to pick a side.
Thread posts: 437
Thread images: 56


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.