[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Adult Swim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: Adultswimlogo.png (4KB, 362x252px) Image search: [Google]
Adultswimlogo.png
4KB, 362x252px
Thoughts on Adult Swim?
>>
it's awesome, i've been watching since the very beginning

they should reconsider producingAaron Springer's Korgoth, because in my opinion it's never too late
>>
Alot of amazing stuff, alot of horrid crap.

Like any network, I guess.

Except Lifetime.
>>
It was a god send in the early 2000s when nothing else was good on tv.
>>
>>69302971>>69302971
I like it, but SJW bullshit is making its way into the company. However, it still remains my favorite channel. I wish however that they would keep some of its old shows going, more bumps, Flying Lotus, and cool trippy shot to see. Favorite Adult Seim original shows so far

1. Squidbillies

2.Eric Andrea Show

3. Mr. Pickles

4. ATHF

5. Super Jail

6. Super Milk Chan

7. Everything except Saul of The Molemen, Fat Guy Stuck In Internet.
>>
>>69303331
>SJW bullshit is making its way into the company.

How?
>>
le edginess XDDD

420 blaze it fagget XDD
>>
>>69303331
>I like it, but SJW bullshit is making its way into the company.
i started to read your post and then you lost me in an instant

that doesn't fucking mean anything here or outside of this place
>>
>>69302971
Been watching it from the beginning. It had rocky periods but it now seems to be pretty watchable for a whole night. I don't know if it's because I'm older or if they actually improved though.

>>69303331
What's making its way into the company?
>>
They produced Moral Orel, therefore I forgive them for anything else.
>>
>>69303371
>>69303391
>>69303397
I've got to go, but just YouTube Adult Swim Gamergate Bump and the Trayvon and Michael Brown tribute.
>>
>>69303391
If you want to see more "stupid boys/wimpy boy and always right/strong female cliche", be my guest. But it has everything to be here and everywhere because it goes beyond that. O won't argue, but you know and I know its an agenda to "fix" what is not broken.
>>
wish they would ditch Live Action shit and spend that budget on animation.
>>
>>69303844
>I've got to go
Like hell you do, you'll be back

>Gamergate
source, I'm not looking for it

>>69303844
>Trayvon and Micheal Brown
Actually I'll give you that one. I wouldn't acknowledge them on any station or program of mine
>>
>>69303294
this. Sometimes you get a Rick and Morty, sometimes you get a Home Movies.
>>
>>69303977
Neither of those are bad though.

So what are you saying?
>>
>>69304001
>Neither of those are bad though.
Home Movies is
>>
>>69303844
Can't seem to find the Gamergate bump at all, so I'm inclined to believe that they made a joke about it and you're overreacting.
>>
>>69304042
No, it's really not.
>>
>>69304060
>>69304042
>treating opinions like facts

I liked it, though; one of my favorites.
>>
>>69303844
>I've got to go
Yeah sure, just when someone asks you to back up your shit, you suddenly need to announce that.
>>
>>69303372
:^)
>>
File: you're one to talk.png (10KB, 678x131px) Image search: [Google]
you're one to talk.png
10KB, 678x131px
>>69302971
>make a bunch of Cali stoner bullshit
>jump on internet badwagons like Mike Brown dindu nuffin and so forth
>make stabs at anime fans because lol weeaboos
>respond with ITS A JOKE DUDE whenever challenged

Bear in mind these are the kind of people who are quick to block you on Twitter if you sound the slightest bit mean to them
>>
Great taste in music, but the dumbasses don't make it so you can actually find their fucking music.
Bumpworthy was doing a decent job but that hasn't updated in months.
>>
Most of the cartoons are ok but the live action shit should be dropped.
>>
>>69304202

Thats just AS's ad department.

Don't lump the show creators in with them.
>>
>>69304202
demarco is a retard
>>
I miss Brak Show and Sealab 2021

If I didnt have them on the DVDs
>>
>>69304202
You actually pay attention to social media? People are way more tolerable once you cut that stuff off. Take it from me, I left because of how annoying it is

I don't like being able to read everything piece of shit that comes into somebody's head. If we broadcasted all of our thoughts out constantly everyone would hate everyone. At same time I feel like a good vent is healthy every once in a while.
>>
>>69304202
Sounds like twitter AS fans are more eager to be offended than a tumblr feminist.
>>
Sealab 2021 was great. AS reminds me of some youtube channel before youtube
>>
>>69306320
The word you're looking for is most likely improvised or experimental. It's a damn good show, surreal as hell too when you're up late at night alone
>>
I think they've done good recently. Black Dynamite, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick & Morty, funding Space Dandy, etc. have all been great. Rebooted Toonami, while rocky at times, has been pretty enjoyable for something they do for no additional pay.

Whoever greenlit Mr. Pickles needs to be fired ASAP.
>>
The Eric Andre Show is the absolute best live show on the channel.
>>
My favorite shows on AS are/were

Home Movies
Metalocalypse
ATHF
The Boondocks
Mission Hill
Super Jail
SquidBillies
12. oz mouse

Also those comfy bumps

I don't watch adult swim anymore and I haven't given Mr. Pickles a shot because it looks like it was made from that go animate shit
>>
>>69306689
>Whoever greenlit Mr. Pickles needs to be fired ASAP.
They were most likely in need of new "original" programming that was cheap to produce. I think it was a good call. It would have been better spent producing more Superjail. Look at that short ass season we got last year
>>
>>69306717
Watch Black Dynamite, Mike Tyson Mysteries, and Rick & Morty. They're all hilarious in totally different ways.
>>
>>69306717
>Home Movies
ew
>>
File: 1400002687863.jpg (36KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1400002687863.jpg
36KB, 720x540px
>>69307024
I thought it was really good. I liked it because it was different from your standard adult swim cartoon. I thought that the comedy was pretty unique. And the music wasn't too bad either
>>
>>69307024
>wasn't around during [as] in its infancy
They were dark times but I still enjoyed every morsel thrown towards my direction
>>
>>69302971
I'll never forgive Boston for being terminally stupid.
>>
>>69307110
Brendon Small is the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqskiIRiLBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insItY5oMds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4ArH_Oq38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZD1XcvtHPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2mNev_ej10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHDQnPRK5vE
>>
>>69303206
Well it's not like they didn't want it, the show was just too expensive to make. Adult swim doesn't have a super high budget. That's probably tbs got their hands on american dad. But it does look like they're getting more money.
>>
>>69306689
Wasn't Mr. Pickles a part of the pilot campaign they did a few years ago? You know, the one were we voted on which one got to be a show.
>>
Do you guys agree with /tv/?

>>>/tv/53212272
>>
>>69304042

I wouldn't be surprised that a Rick and Morty faggot hates Home Movies. Rick and Morty is a bland piece of shit that appeals to twelve year olds who never seen an "adult" cartoons in their life.
>>
>>69302971
I wish it would finally die. I've been watching since 2005 and the majority of it is crap.

Say AS produced 100 shows, only 15 of those shows are watchable.
>>
>>69307024

Die you piece of shit I bet you like Rick and Morty.
>>
>>69308966
>Eric Andre

I legitimately hope someone goes back in time and murders him so I will never have had to suffer through his shitshow
>>
>>69308966

That's just some faggot /co/ck spamming on /tv/. No one in their right mind would like Rick and Morty unironically. You really have to be in some dryspell of animation for that to happen.
>>
I want more Off The Air, dammit.
>>
They should take the MacFarlane dick out of their mouths every once in a while.
>>
>>69309319
That's the only reason they have money fuckwit
>>
>>69308966
>no ATHF
>no Boondocks seasons 1/2
>no Space Ghost
Otherwise, nice list
>>
>>69309418
Maybe for FG and American Dad, but an hour of Cleveland Show a night? Nah
>>
They do what they can with the budget they have.
>>
>>69304282
I like what this guy is saying, I've hated social media from the start but my only problem is ever sense letting go I've been feeling lonely, (or maybe I let go because I was feeling lonely)
>>
>>69304220
Also like what he's saying, I've been a beat junkie since I first went on their boards to figure out the songs they've played but it's so fucking hard to find anything now a days. I always feel glad when one I hear one of their artist being played somewhere and I know who it is
>>
>>69304042
Only faggets would think Rick and Morty is better than Home Movies.
>>
>>69309131
>behead those who have different taste in cartoons than me
>>
>>69302971
I have to say I enjoy Adult Swim but we can all agree they have really shit scheduling right? I mean they don't get to their good shit until after they play the fox shows and even though everything is an hour earlier where I live I bet thats the main reason why their original show ratings are cut in half
>>
>>69304220
I just use one of those apps that can recognize songs. It's only failed me a couple of times but it usually works.
And then there are those times when I'm browsing through music and I hear something and remember that it was on AS.
>>
Why don't they have a webstore anymore?
>>
>>69309137
What's it like having shit taste?

BIRD UP
>>
>>69309824
My phone is too slow, so by the time the app is ready the bump usually is gone already and if I'm lucky enough to actually get it, it'll identify the show instead of the bump.
>>
>>69309783

Yes, now you get it. Especially if their taste is bad.
>>
>>69309877
I am serious when I say that if I found him dying in the streets, I would just watch his life slip away
>>
File: metalocalypse.jpg (70KB, 479x700px) Image search: [Google]
metalocalypse.jpg
70KB, 479x700px
>>69302971
They're fucking hates for not letting Brendan Small finish Metalocalypse, that's what they are.
>>
>>69309911
What do you use?
I use Soundhound. It only recognizes music but it also has that small delay when you open it.
>>
>>69310111
Relax bro, it looks like we're gonna get a film
>>
>>69310111
*hacks*
>>
>>69310018
Hashtag, you're being a real narc right now, Pimple Pete.

You need to chill and hit some ranch. Chill out with the edge #Benghazi
>>
>>69304001
Rick & Morty is awful.
>>
>>69309824
I had Shazam and I think I deleted it the second I couldn't find a song and it later labled it as the Cleveland show. It worked really well but I was upset
>>
>>69312936
It isn't. If you don't like it, that's you're problem, but it isn't bad.
>>
Eagleheart
childrens hospital
delocated
any other shitty adult swim shows?
>>
it's good for background noise on late night.

most of the interesting shows are either gone or haven't been airing.
>>
>>69313071
>Eagleheart
>Delocated
>Bad
LOL IT'S NOT A CARTOON SO IT MUST BE BAD RIGHT? BECAUSE I WATCH NOTHING BUT CARTOONS.
>>
I like both Home Movies and Rick and Morty. Am I a bad person?
>>
>>69313415
Eagleheart suffered from the protagonist being a bit too much of a douche.
It just lost its appeal after a bit. Though the premises were pretty funny.
Delocated seemed to always feel the need to make shit unnessarily dark.
But I guess I'm just not a fan of that shit.

Also holyshit Maria Thayer is a fucking QT.
>>
>>69313750

As long as you are not a cunt about it like this guy >>69313044
>>
>>69302971
Too many cooks
>>
>>69310140
Shazam.
I'll go try out Soundhound.
>>
File: 1423014198721.jpg (117KB, 560x441px) Image search: [Google]
1423014198721.jpg
117KB, 560x441px
So when is MDE coming to AS?
>>
File: 1326525659201.gif (87KB, 123x136px) Image search: [Google]
1326525659201.gif
87KB, 123x136px
Every good show they make takes 2 fucking years for a new season, meanwhile they churn out absolute shoestring budget trash every month
>>
>>69314108
If you don't get the reference, YouTube it. One of the best skits Adult Swim did. On phone so can't link
>>
File: 1423022539464.png (544KB, 1066x800px)
1423022539464.png
544KB, 1066x800px
All of their live action shit is terrible, except for Delocated, and even that wasn't very good.

I just want more Metalocalypse and Venture Bros.
>>
>>69303934
Ditch Eric Andre? Hell no
>>
What's the single most surreal show they ever aired? I want to say Xavier, but I haven't watched the network in quite some time.
>>
>>69314352
>darkplace
>look around you
>terrible

I know they aren't originals, but c'mon.
>>
Do you people actually watch it on TV? Why? Just torrent/YouTube/AS website what you want to watch. AS has an amazing collection, it's like putting /b/ on /TV/ ....well not quite, but I hope you get my point.
>>
>>69314766
I remember 12. oz mouse being pretty trippy. I marathon'd it one time and when I went outside everything was just like whoa.
>>
Honestly if they could just get a little more stuff that was actually animated, they;d be a lot better
>>
File: SJW liberal.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
SJW liberal.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
>>69302971

dood

Seth MacFarlane

lmao
>>
It's been hit or miss as of late

Hard to discuss on 4chan because it's a three way war between those who think all live action is trash, those who think Adult Swim should be the anime network, and those who think it's all flat out garbage
>>
>>69309872
Web stores were a thing of the past, like the radical aspect of things in the 90's or 3D glasses. A fad that disappeared, though not like flash games for little angels.

We're too civilized to buy from tv channel websites anymore, that's why Amazon and eBay exist. Nobody makes their own stuff to sell anymore.

Shh shh, there there, I didn't mean it little Megas
>>
>>69319155
I just like their animated shows. Moral Orel is a masterpiece, Superjail, along with Rick & Morty, was over the top fun, and I liked Metalocalypse. Never got into Family Guy or American Dad though

The anime stuff is surprisingly good in some areas. Their older lineup of shows felt more mature, but Toonami's 90's kid awesome show catering is just as much fun today.

I've never liked Live Action, but at least it's not hours upon hours of shitty 90's sitcom reruns
>>
>>69309198
It's always a treat whenever there's a new episode.
>>
>>69310018
Get a load of this edge lord.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.