[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

>Hero has villain cornered >Just needs one more hit >"If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 19

File: 1392388543721.jpg (56KB, 610x587px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392388543721.jpg
56KB, 610x587px
>Hero has villain cornered
>Just needs one more hit
>"If you kill him, you'll be just as bad as him"
>>
>Hero kills him anyway

Oh Exosquad
>>
Hey man.

If Peter killed Morlun, that would make him just as shitty a character as Morlun.

Can't have that.
>>
What a unique post.
>>
File: rf concerned nurse.png (223KB, 294x459px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rf concerned nurse.png
223KB, 294x459px
>>64806460
I wonder when these remnants of Christianity and Buddhism will finally go away.

>villain about to kill he hero
>realizes life will be too boring if he does
>doesn't do it
>>
File: url.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
url.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>Hero kills hundreds of main villan's minions and soldiers
>Finally has the main villain down
>"I'm not like you, so I won't kill you! That would make me just as bad!"
>>
>Hero refuses to kill villain
>Gives them a fate worse than death instead

This shit pisses me off so much.
>>
File: nam.jpg (34KB, 456x304px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nam.jpg
34KB, 456x304px
You know why this rule exists?

Did you see the last Transformers movie?

>NO OPTIMUS! N----
>Optimus murders the villain in cold blood

That's why.
>>
>Hero about to kill villain
>Hero hesitates
>Villain is suddenly killed by some outside force instead

Thanks Disney
>>
>>64806892

Trans4mers was great because he killed both of the villains, both of whom were trying to murder his friends.
>>
>>64806892
And delivers a cheesy one-liner beforehand.
>>
>>64806892
I hope you realize that the guy being executed in your picture was a mass murderer and they had just found all of the bodies that he had hid.
>>
>>64807019
Whatever you say, /pol/! I'll be sure to keep my tinfoil hat on :^)
>>
>>64807049
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguy%E1%BB%85n_Ng%E1%BB%8Dc_Loan
The photographer regrets taking the picture because he ended up ruining the guy's life and he even denied a Pulitzer because of it.

>The general killed the Viet Cong; I killed the general with my camera. Still photographs are the most powerful weapon in the world. People believe them, but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths. What the photograph didn't say was, "What would you do if you were the general at that time and place on that hot day, and you caught the so-called bad guy after he blew away one, two or three American soldiers?"
>>
Has there ever been a case where the hero realizes that he can't beat the villain, and instead convinces the villain to spare them?
>>
>>64807326
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 2.
>>
File: 1408399895940.jpg (9KB, 125x125px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408399895940.jpg
9KB, 125x125px
>>
>>64806460
This can be handled well. Or it can be handled very, very poorly. Examples of the latter are everywhere, examples of the former are few and far between.

In the end, they need to keep the popular characters alive to sell books.
>>
File: 1407496481658.gif (486KB, 475x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407496481658.gif
486KB, 475x317px
>>64806481
The recent Planet of the Apes film did this too.
>>
>>64807521

I don't know why but I don't trust what you just said.
>>
>>64807521
How about you handle yourself skeleton
>>
>>64806460
>Character overhears something out of context
>Doesn't stick around to hear the context
>Two seconds later the eavesdropped characters say something that gives what they said the opposite meaning

Nobody does this. Literally nobody does this. I only see two reactions to hearing someone talk about you:

1) Wait until you can glean enough information to understand what they're talking about.

2) "Casually" walk in and ask what's up.

No one I've ever known has overheard something and then ran off without being sure they heard it right.
>>
>>64807567
>>64807577
Goddamnit.
>>
Well it depends.
Is the villain cornered as in he can still fight or cornered in he's completely defeated anything he does will be futile?
Because the first, sure. If a hero kills a villain in GLORIOUS battle then fine. I honestly have no issue if they choose not to either, so long as that's the the narrative. But killing someone you've got dead to rights just seems petty and unheroic.
>>
>>64807019
I hope you realize that his connections to the Vietcong were only discovered after his summary execution.
>>
>>64807672
>But killing someone you've got dead to rights just seems petty and unheroic.

What if it's a situation where they're only cornered and completely defeated because they're worn out from battle, and if left alone/jailed they could easily recuperate their power and go out to cause mayhem again? WHAT THEN?
>>
>>64807730
There's absolutely no way to inhibit their powers at all?
>>
>>64807730
>WHAT THEN?
We... make diamonds from his ashes?

Wait, no, that's not right...
>>
File: 1404563878160.jpg (86KB, 400x309px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404563878160.jpg
86KB, 400x309px
>>64806834

It shouldn't piss you off unless they're acting like they made the superior moral decision.

>>64806752

Supes is way ahead of you.
>>
>>64807839
Assume it's a case where yeah, you can put them in a super tough prison, but they're crazy strong and there's a definite chance they can escape. Not to mention they could be freed by other supervillains.
>>
>>64807965
Then I try to do my job and keep that from happening.
Hope he rehabilitates.
I mean he'd probably just resurrect if I did anyways.
>>
>>64806460

>Hero: You are right, this would make me a genocide-rapist-kidnapper-children torturer as well. Villain,you can go to that crappy Jail that always lets you scape in about a day
>Villain: And since I'm as bad as I can be already, what I do now doesn't really matter.


Also

>Villain suddenly good

He sure deserves a second chance

>Hero does something, even slightly, wrong (by someone's standard)

He is dead to me.
It all sums up as Status Quo matters more than real logic.
>>
File: moon knight.jpg (51KB, 299x276px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
moon knight.jpg
51KB, 299x276px
>that one hero who kills every now and again or horribly cripples baddies
>>
>>64806903
Shit, Disney does do this a lot
>Hunchback
>Beauty and the Beast
>Lion King
>Tangled
>>
>>64808865
Ezio?
>>
>>64808865
Nigga was straight droppin niggas

>>64809075
>Filenamae
>>
>>64809137
>>
>>64809170
>>
>>64809190
>>
>>64809249
>>
>>64807326
Shaman King
>>
>>64809273
Tell me this is as good as these excerpts.
>>
>>64809273
>>64809249

What the fuck just happened?
>>
>>64806752
what does that have to do with Christianity?
>>
>>64807673
and that excuses the murdering of 36 people....how?
>>
>>64806460
>>"If you kill him, you'll be just as bad as him"
worst case scenario: Hero will realize his existence and all what he represents means nothing without a counterpart, in the most expected twist tries to revive villain, ends up being the villain or has split personality, perhaps this is what Joker considers his life insurance as Bats just won't kill him.

extra points for that one Batman TAS episode with the Judge, reversal "you'll be just as bad as him" on two face who now seeks justice
>>
>>64809636

Earlier he put his high tech glider into hover mode.
Some punk tries to escape, strangely towards the roof of all places, and he catches him with the glider before he can get away by ramming it into the perp so he can send a message.

I assume Warren's taking creative license for the sake of cool since anyone sustaining that much pain and damage is not going to be nearly lucid enough to make sense of anything anyone says let alone recall it should he recover.

Also I get Moon Knight's had a troubling evening climbing through the filth in the building, but there's some irony in him telling the one guy who ran to tell everyone else to run. Because evidently it makes little difference. But I guess it makes half his job easier.

Frank on the other hand doesn't bother with that shit, whoever's running away or toward him can get it. You should just not be there in general if you don't want problems.
>>
>>64806460
>"If you kill him, you'll be just as bad as him"

What hamfisted moral relativism bullshit
>>
>>64809603
To be honest, I found the book kind of boring as my first exposure to Moon Knight other than maybe his appearances in USM. He does badass things, but I want to know more about his civilian life and his story outside of fighting crime. What makes him so crazy? The book seems to jump around a lot, too. I liked it and it definitely had moments where it was awesome, but I don't agree with all the dicksucking /co/mrades are doing over it. I didn't like it enough to automatically drop it once a new creative team was announced.

In other words, it's good, but don't expect something godlike.
>>
>>64806460
>"If you kill him, you'll be just as bad as him"
>Plows through Cannon-fodder with no remorse .
>>
>>64810043
How did Frank react to his sidekick leaving anyway? I didn't read Punisher, but I was kinda interested when I saw him and his qt sidekick show up in Daredevil. It's a shame that didn't happen in Spidey's book. Fucking Slott
>>
>>64809273
Just out of curiosity, did this come out before or after the 11th doctor started on Doctor Who?
>>
these heros know these villains are going to kill again.
so by not killing them, they've sentenced innocent people to death.

i mean after all, are people who cap home invaders just as bad as home invaders?
legally and morally..Nope. Hell some places encourage it.
are soldiers bad for killing terrorist, commies, nazis, ect?
nope.

so yeah...if the situation calls for it...break their neck.
>>
>>64810296
I don't fucking know
>>
>>64806460
>Hero clearly out matched a villain
>Villain is on last leg
>The hero gives some speech before finishing him
>Give the villain an open opportunity to get away
>Villain gets away
>>
File: spectre.png (45KB, 674x386px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spectre.png
45KB, 674x386px
>>64806903
>"I wouldn't know anything about that"
>>
> Perform shitty ass trade mission
> That bitch stabbed you in the back AGAIN
> Long ass day, need a fucking nap
> Get back to ship
> Some coreworld kiddie has your chief engineer held hostage
> You don't need this right now
> Shoot him in the face
> Toss him out the airlock
> Get the fuck off this dead world
>>
The backwards ass morality thing I can live with, it's just as bad IRL. What I can't stand is that the people haven't pressured the police to execute these guys. The amount of deaths monsters like Joker have caused should trigger mass protests and rioting every time they aren't put into the chair.
>>
>>64810296
It came out after Matt Smith left, so yes.
>>
>>64810634

The fact that nobody has Jack Ruby'd the Joker is complete garbage nonsense. Let's put aside the fact that one of Gotham's finest would have "accidentally" killed him in a prison transfer at some point, at the very least some Johnny Nobody would have blown him away on the courthouse steps.
>>
>>64810737
I'm just suprised every elected official from the mayor down haven't been replaced every reelection since the general public would outweigh the political power the mobs and whatnot have.
>>
>>64810375
>hero incapacitates villain
>holds a weapon or some other means of killing off the villain for good
>hero visibly shows that they're struggling to bring themselves to do it
>"No, I'm not evil like you, I'm better than that."
-or-
>"No, that's exactly what you'd want me to do, to be just like you."

I think because it's seen as unheroic for the hero to kill someone while they've got them dead to rights, like shooting the bad guy in the face after they've been knocked out in a fight or smashing their head in while they're pathetically crawling around and unable to retaliate. A clean kill made during a fight is seen as more righteous for some reason because I guess it's seen as more fair?
>>
File: Runaways29.jpg (116KB, 533x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Runaways29.jpg
116KB, 533x800px
>>64807847
>>64806834

The Show must go on
>>
>>64810737
It's literally how Morrison's Batman starts
>>
>>64809190
d'aww that's sweet, moon knight is being nice. this mr.knight is as brooding as the bottom version that i've been reading

>>64810182
>what makes him so crazy
killed, brought back from the dead, serves/served a god of vengeance, multiple personalities, really good at violence, killed a few people, tore off a guys face, got his knees broken, friends always being targeted, anger problems.

hell even the punisher thinks he's crazy. i remember he called spiderman a punk because he doesn't go far enough and doesn't like the punisher because he goes too far. that and the punisher killed his brother before moon knight got a chance to because black spector/his brother was trying to kill him or something like that

i need to either find a good cbr or buy the issues after mexico for the civil war/hero registration/fight with green goblin
>>
>>64810375
People who break into homes are generally not trying to murder people, so yeah the people who cap them are worse
>>
>>64806460
Just once I want a hero to respond to this moment with a "Shut up, Hannibal." Everything needs to stop and the hero needs to be like ". . . How do you figure that? You're... the worst person alive. You've killed hundreds of thousands of people. If I kill you thats my one to... hundreds of thousands. No matter how you compare the scores, I still win. No force between heaven and earth could make me 'as bad as you.' Don't even try to tell me about how 'if I start now, I'll never be able to stop killing.' That's bullshit, and I have willpower. Not many people know this, but the difference between a hero and a villain is a villain sees themself as a result of something. They become a villain as a reaction to some event in their past. They're an effect. A hero is just a person who goes through all the same shit, and still chooses to be a cause, rather than an effect. They shrug off all the bad things that happen to them and continue to try to make the world a better place, no matter what. Mark my words, this will be the only time in my life that I allow the action of a villain to effect my own actions. You've given me no choice. If I allow you to live, you will continue to kill innocent people. You know the old saying: "the only thing that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Well I'm doing something. The moment you're gone, the world will be a safer place to live."

And then the villain will be like "And you're sure about that, huh?" and the hero will reply "Positive." BOOM no bad guy head. Hero cries a single manly tear. Villains potential victims run in to hug hero and assure him he did the right thing. Scene fades to white.
>>
>>64806481
>>64807538

Mighty Max too
>>
>>64811046
Little long winded for a comic book, but I like it. Condense it and pitch it to a writer for a few hundred.
>>
>>64811029

The people who are being invaded don't know that, the invader should be well aware that what they're doing is wrong and that the repercussions could be potentially lethal. It's a damned home invader, some guy (or group of guys) is/are breaking into your shit obviously not giving a fuck who is inside. You can't read their minds and think that they're only here for something to hawk off somewhere and not trying to hurt anybody, you just know that your life is in potential danger and your primary concern is your safety or the safety of those who are also inside.

If there is no harm done and the guy tears ass out of there after being scared off and the homeowner tries to chase them down to kill them, then yeah, that's a huge fucking no-no and that kind of action should always be punished.
>>
>>64810629

He also shot her last time, so he did deserve to get shot in the face and tossed out of an airlock.
>>
File: 1388547793517.jpg (212KB, 669x728px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388547793517.jpg
212KB, 669x728px
>>64811046
>". . . How do you figure that?

Chances are a villain knows how villainy starts.

>You've killed hundreds of thousands of people. If I kill you thats my one to... hundreds of thousands.

Game of numbers? Not a good start.

>No matter how you compare the scores, I still win.

Whoops, getting worse. No longer about who's right, now it's a thing of which victor's left to write history?

>No force between heaven and earth could make me 'as bad as you.'

Ah, pride. 'Tis before the fall Lucifer.

>Don't even try to tell me about how 'if I start now, I'll never be able to stop killing.' That's bullshit, and I have willpower.

"Bullshit"? Funny you say that. There's a surprising difference between the willpower to resist something and willful control to never need buckle. For example some people have the willpower to "quit" smoking, others just don't. Guess which one is more likely to actually achieve a life without smoking?

>Not many people know this, but the difference between a hero and a villain is a villain sees themself as a result of something. They become a villain as a reaction to some event in their past. They're an effect. A hero is just a person who goes through all the same shit, and still chooses to be a cause, rather than an effect.

So this guy feeling he "needs" to kill the villain, a reaction to earlier events, is now essentially admitting he's becoming a villain. This speech needs an Oscar.
>And the winner for most ironic self-fulfilling prophecy goes to.

>Mark my words, this will be the only time in my life that I allow the action of a villain to effect my own actions.

I'm sure that's what they all say.

>You've given me no choice.

Pic related.

>If I allow you to live, you will continue to kill innocent people.

Unless of course, you know the system does its job instead of forcing everyone else to go to extremes just to survive.

>The moment you're gone, the world will be a safer place to live."

Now THAT is bullshit.
>>
>>64811268

> Little long winded for a comic book

has clearly not read [name of that comic you don't like]
>>
>>64807635
>No one I've ever known has overheard something and then ran off without being sure they heard it right.
Well, not in real life anyway.
You could probably write something like that based around Twitter posts nowadays.
>>
File: wownigga.jpg (29KB, 471x355px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wownigga.jpg
29KB, 471x355px
>>64811523

I think I love you.
>>
>>64811493
Your right, I never got around to reading Empowered.
>>
>>64810864
they say that only because the plot demands it.

in reality it'll be like
"You cant do it because you'll be like me!"
"uh, no false equivalency, fucker"
*BANG!*
>>
>>64811029
people who believe this are retarded.

people have been brutally raped and murdered in their own homes.
legally you can assume they're there to cause harm, you cant risk waiting to see.

because people who wait and see get fucking murdered.

so no, in no way is a self defense shooting worse than breaking and entering.

>>64811439
this
>>
>>64806460
as much as i hate this cliche im pretty disappointed whenever the punisher chooses to execute a surrendering villain much to the shock of the bystanders
>>
>>64811439

Holy shit. I'm writing a story about (super-simplifying, here) a civilization that's being invaded by aliens and they don't even know it. For a second I thought you were talking about a trope, as in, 'the nation of people who are being invaded...'

Thanks to you, I just put together that for humanity, this would feel like a home invasion on a larger scale. By thinking on a micro scale, I might be able to better portray the macro. Oh, man, I need to think about this.
>>
>>64812235
>a civilization that's being invaded by aliens and they don't even know it.

Is it real world America?
>>
File: 1396758060341.gif (2MB, 636x288px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396758060341.gif
2MB, 636x288px
>>64812235

That's that big picture shit dawg.
That metaphorical, allegorical, figurative, subliminal, inception type shit.
That Where's Waldo with the written word so they have to read between the lines.
That find the hidden meaning within the scene of the theme scheme shit.
>>
>>64812413

Out in the wilderness, where no one ever goes, because the nearest civilization is a city-state that doesn't range too far. Some kind of ecological force starts to fuck itself sideways, which they don't notice for a few months until the resulting radiation trips their ancient sensors. One person agrees to travel by foot into the wilderness, down this road left over from hundreds of years before, until he reaches the wood where the radiation is coming from.

The book starts with him getting to the wood and has him setup shelter and begin to explore. I'm up to the bit where he starts to find signs of something bad going down, and he's met the first 'invader'. Thing is, they don't know this is an invasion; until he meets that being, he's been assuming this might be some kind of natural ecological disaster.

It didn't occur to me until tonight how to really grasp the emotions that will shortly start running through him -- terror, uncertainty, dread . . . It's really opening up now.

>>64812561

I dunno if you're making fun of me or not but I agree with this.
>>
>>64812634
>I dunno if you're making fun of me or not

Little column A, little column B.
I find it helps the creative and critical process to retain a healthy sense of humor.
>>
>>64812235
>I'm writing a story about (super-simplifying, here) a civilization that's being invaded by aliens and they don't even know it

you ain't written shit. People who say they writing anything never get past a couple of chapters
>>
THOMAS THINK WHAT YOU ARE DOING

HE HAS DONE UNSPEAKABLE THINGS BUT HUR YOU CAN'T JUST HUR
>>
>>64812852

First four novels were practice (I might rewrite one or two someday); fifth is in the process of hitting Amazon (taking a long time to hammer things out, but oh well). This is my sixth. So, apparently it can be done.
>>
>>64813016

I think >>64812852 was trying to be that guy in a 'heartwarming, Oscar-nominated' movie trailer who yells at the main character, "YOU'LL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING! NOBODY CARES ABOUT CARTOONS!" and then it turns out the movie is about the story of Walt Disney or something.

(In other words, providing a valuable motivational service. I kind of want to pay someone I hate to phone me once a week and call me a faggot and accuse me of never accomplishing anything. Imagine all the shit I'd get done just to spite them.)
>>
>>64806903
>Tarzan
>>
>>64813242

oblig 'TURN IN YOUR BADGE AND GUN'

he's a rogue cop--

Wait. We actually don't get those movies anymore, do we? Is it because everybody hates cops now, or did they always?
>>
To be fair, we're talking comics. Even if you do kill them, they'll just be back later.
>>
>>64806460
We have threads about this every hour, but how often does it actually happen?

Inb4 a billion examples from shonen shit
>>
>>64814221
>implying Japan cares about heroes killing villains
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 19


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.