[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into comics, but I have no idea where to start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1378632402937.jpg (211KB, 605x630px) Image search: [Google]
1378632402937.jpg
211KB, 605x630px
I want to get into comics, but I have no idea where to start. All I've really been exposed to is the cape comics that are constantly shoved to the forefront, and so much has been done with the superhero that I just don't care about it. I enjoy reading manga and tend to prefer fantasy and psychological stories. I also like how manga typically keeps a single author so continuity and pacing are generally fairly tight, and stories have a clear end.

tl;dr what comics would you recommend to a manga reader who has no interest in superheroes/cape comics?
>>
Locke and Key
Saga
>>
File: 1291543480562.jpg (3MB, 2292x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1291543480562.jpg
3MB, 2292x2700px
>>
>>63761937
>>
Mind MGMT
>>
>>63764299
here are some manga like comics
Battling Boy
Remake
MBQ
Old City Blues
Scott Pilgrim
Prophet
Fluorescent Black
Officer Downe
Deathblow/Wolverine
The Last Man
>>
>>63764398
Do you mean manga-like in terms of storytelling and themes or manga-like in terms of art style? I guess I should clarify that I'm not looking for stuff that looks stereotypically "manga-ish", I like any art style as long as it's pulled off well.
>>
>>63764254
Just go into a comic book store and pick out what looks good and buy it. That is LITERALLY all it takes.

Fuck, I'm SO FUCKING SICK of all these "durr how do I get into comics?" threads. It is not hard at all, just start reading whatever looks good to you. That's how I started reading comics 8 years ago and I'm still here today. It's literally that easy.

Fuck.
>>
>>63764457
Thanks for clarifying that you're being literal, I thought that was only figuratively all it takes.
>>
>>63764444
it varies from title to title
>>
>>63764254

http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/
>>
Are there any good sites dedicated to non-cape comics out there, like news and whatnot, so I can get a feel for what's getting released?
>>
>>63764780
/co/
>>
>>63764809
I guess I'll set up a filter to filter all superheroes or something when I want to see what you guys are buzzing about. Thanks for all the recs
>>
One last question, is there anything like mangatraders (RIP) or nyaa for downloading comics, or should I just use the archive to find storytimes?
>>
>>63764886
we have something called a win o thread
>>
>>63764254
Do give superheroes a shot sometime.

Go with New 52 Wonder Woman, its really more of a fantasy series anyway and has precisely 0 bullshit crossovers to worry about
>>
>>63765083
Well, I'm not completely inexperienced with superheroes. I've read Claremont's X-Men run and loved that, and some Batman here and there. I just feel like I've had my fill, and the quality of the writing and stories changes so drastically that I just don't want to bother, really.
>>
>>63765147
cool cool, wasn't suggesting you read it forever, once Azzarello's run ends at issue 35 I'm dropping it like it's on fire.
>>
>>63764780
The Comics Journal
>>
File: seconds.jpg (183KB, 630x887px) Image search: [Google]
seconds.jpg
183KB, 630x887px
Scott Pilgrim's author just released a self contained graphic novel a few days ago called Seconds. It's pretty funny.
About a girl that deletes the stupid shit she does everynight using magic mushrooms and a notepad.
>>
File: 1382950582343.png (301KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1382950582343.png
301KB, 512x384px
>>63764809
>cape central
>in charge of educating people about non-cape comics
funny guy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.