[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Jinora overpowered?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 58

File: Jinora's_spirit.png (140KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jinora's_spirit.png
140KB, 444x250px
After watching the last few weeks episodes, seeing Jinora utilizing spirit powers and the way she gets played by even Tenzen (during the tattoo scenes) make me think she is getting too powerful.

Anytime something important needs to happens, Jinora can handle it. She Mine as well replace Korra.
>>
>>63762898
maybe i havent been watching very carefully but is her airbending really all that spectacular? it seems to me no single airbender so far in this show has even once approached what Aang did on a regular basis.
As for her spirit powers, nah that's cool. think of her like scarlet witch. is she op? well technically.
>>
>>63763899
Zaheer's been doing some pretty cool stuff with his airbending
>>
>>63762898
Her only power is to get the plot moving. Unless they have her summon an army of spirits to fight for her, she's not very powerful. Meelo kicks more ass than she does, and he's only 6.
>>
File: 1403424690730.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1403424690730.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Her spirit powers just seem to be made up on the spot for whatever situation she's facing.

Need to search underground?
>Oh by the way, I can still astrally project my spirit.

Need to find Kai specifically?
Oh, and I can locate him because of our special connection.

Need to send a message to Lassie because the baby bisons fell down a well?
>Oh, I can summon spirit critters who can relay messages to other spirits that only Bumi can understand, even though spirits have been regularly shown to be capable of speaking with regular humans just fine but I chose to summon one who can't for some reason.
>>
>>63762898
Not yet. Wait until she gets her tattoos.
>>
>>63762898

What the fuck are you talking about OP. Last episode she got shoved in a box and couldn't get out. The kid with two twigs could though. Stop over reacting
>>
>>63764159
So are we getting bald Jinora soon?
>>
>>63764231
Gotta shave bare to get the ink. Might grow back after, so there is a chance they will cheat us with a time skip.
>>
>>63764278
There is no way Nick will let a preteen get tattoo's. I imagine they only let it slide with aang because he already had them. If they show Jinora getting them of have gotten them then every soccer mom in the country will cry "muh imitable acts".
>>
>>63764094
>Oh by the way I can astrally project my spirit
>Like I did in the last season's finale

>Oh I can locate him because special connection
>Like I located Korra even though I was in the spirit world while he was a big blue colossus

>Oh I can summon spirit critters to send messsages
>Just like I did last season with the butterflies

All of this was totally made up on the spot
1 year ago.
>>
File: Yangchen[1].png (111KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Yangchen[1].png
111KB, 333x250px
>>63764231
>>63764278
female air nomads that have master tatttos only leave their front half of their head shaved.
>>
>>63764395
I guess we'll have to skip over the sandbender tradition of female circumcision then.
>>
>>63764424
They have to shave their head to get the entire tattoo. /co/ seems to be getting really finicky about Jinora temporarily losing her hair.
>>
>>63764424
that almost looks worse
>>
>>63764463
It'll happen between seasons so that they give her time for her hair to grow back.
>>
i don't want Jinora to shave her head, bald women are fugly
>>
>>63764395
>There is no way Nick will let a preteen get tattoo's
I mean, Aang had them and I think he got his at an even younger age than Jinora might be.
>>
File: Ember Island Aang.png (96KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ember Island Aang.png
96KB, 333x250px
>>63764509
>bald women are fugly
Let's not say things we can't take back now.
>>
No, in fact she has to be saved by Kai so much that when she goes like "IM JUST AS GOOD AS YOU DAD" all I can do is roll my eyes.
>>
They're doing a good job (imo) of balancing her being talented for her age with her still being a kid who still has room to grow. It's better than how they handled the Gaang's "we flawlessly win every fight until the plot demands we lose" thing anyway.
>>
>>63764531
Right but they never showed him with out them. Nick could of thought kids were to stupid to make the connection but with Jinora that's not the case. Kids could she her without them and then with them. Not saying I agree with them but showing a kid getting tattoos with the course of the actual story will get to many people angry and crying about imitable acts.
>>
File: a_b07b338c.jpg (10KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
a_b07b338c.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
>>63762898
>Mine as well

What
the
Fuck
>>
>>63764557
I'd hit that until she walked bow-legged.
>>
>>63764711
>Right but they never showed him with out them
IIRC they do in a couple of flashbacks. I remember he didn't have them when he first met Appa.

Nick will probably allow it because it's a cultural thing, Jinora's not getting the tattoos for shits and giggles. At the most we'll probably just see her shaved with bandages on her head and then her hair will start to grow back.
>>
>>63764751
>At the most we'll probably just see her shaved with bandages on her head and then her hair will start to grow back.
Not even. If they do it at all, I'd say it will happen during a slight time skip between seasons.
>S4 premier
>Jinora has shorter hair and tatoos
>>
>>63764000
He's probably the strongest airbender around, until they decide to give Tenzin or his kids a boost.

Zaheer being so retardedly good at airbending is still the biggest bs so far.
>>
>>63766188
it's strongly implied that he has studied air nomad culture for quite a while before HERPDERPSPIRITS were giving air bending away like candy. It's entirely likely he went out and learned some air bender stances and forms just as a way of becoming a more agile fighter. If that were the case, he would really only need a short amount of practice once he actually gained the abilities.

Also, he really doesn't seem to be that good at bending. Sure, he is powerful, but he hasn't been shown to have that much control over it. He doesn't do any fancy techniques, like the air scooter, air sickles, or anything like that. He kinda just uses it as brute force to slap shit around, or dampen his falls.
>>
>>63762898
It really is fucking pathetic how Tenzin 12 year old daughter is apparently as powerful as him
>>
>>63764717
Lots of kiddies fangirling korra these days.
>>
anybody else thoroughly enjoy Meelo in the newest episode? he fucked shit up
>>
>>63767056
has she shown anything good in a fight? all she has done is the spirit stuff which is apparently advanced airbending. it made more sense when she was just more spiritually aware then tenzin for no reason
>>
>>63767349
Has tenzin shown anything good in a fight?
>>
>>63764649
You're thinking S3, they were pretty shit in S1, and even in a little bit of S2
>>
>>63766188
We still don't know who he even is, you can't call BS just yet

>>63767056
Yes, let's take a kid's powerlevel assessment of the girl he's macking on seriously

>>63767587
Yes, he's done more cool fighting shit than Jinora
>>
The only reason no one has utilized Air Blades yet is because it's possibly the most overpowered ability in the show.
Everything can be solved with Air Blades.
>>
Why can't she be the Avatar?
>>
>>63769093
Because Raava fused with Korra again

Can you even imagine if it'd gone to Jinora instead, that shit would be hilarious

Jinora becomes the main character and Korra is relegated to bitter b-tier

the show improves tenfold
>>
so the season is 13 episode long, right? And we are at the 7th one.

And what is exactly the plot? I feel like nothing has really happened
>>
>>63767958

Zaheer cut the water barrel in half with an air blade.
>>
>>63769609

Nothing happened.

Except well... Airbenders coming back, the Fantastic 4 escaping, and Korra making an enemy of the Earth Queen.
But other than that nothing.
>>
>>63769609
We're going to help reconstruct the Air nation.
>>
>>63769684
But we have that and Zaheer, and the Earth Queen, and now Lin, too many shit going nowhere
>>
>>63769724

I don't understand. Is anything not happening on screen at the moment "not going anywhere" to you?
>>
>>63769609
Glad to hear the series hasn't improved since Season 1, since that's the same damn problem we had then.
>>
>>63769805

>Plot heavy episodes
>Waaah where is the fun filler stuff
>fun filler stuff
>Waaah plot's going nowheeere!
>>
>>63769783
take the last two episodes, fucking nothing happened

>muh fun and shipping

fuck you
>>
She spent the last half of this episode in a goddamn cage
>>
File: 1405707775774.jpg (24KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1405707775774.jpg
24KB, 291x300px
>>63769895
>>
>>63769890

Lin's backstory, character development, Korra learned to Metalbend, Zaheer showed off a new skill, Kai and Jinora's budding romance, training of the new airbenders, learned of the death of an important character from the old show...

I guess that's fucking nothing.
>>
>>63769783
Apparently.

>>63769805
Don't listen to him, he's just an idiot

The plot's centered around the aftermath of Korra's decisions in the Harmonic Convergence, specifically the return of the airbending and the resultant escape of a really fucking dangerous and knowledgeable criminals. They're being built up in the background while the efforts to rebuild the Air Nomads take center stage, which has gone from finding them to freeing them to training them. Also Mako/Bolin's, Lin's/her family's and some more of Tenzin and his family's issues all play out in surprisingly interesting and well executed ways.

I'm actually pretty impressed so far. I dropped Season 2 after Wan, but I'm back on board with this season now. Except for the first episode, Korra's been relegated mostly to the background, which I think has actually made a huge difference. She's still one of the weakest parts of her own show, so it's nice to have the rest of the cast fill in so nicely.
>>
>>63770119
Most of that is just shipping and teen angst.
>>
>>63769890
Anon, are we watching the same thing? The last two episodes were some of the best in the show so far. If you think "nothing" happened you either need to rewatch or reevaluate what you think "things happening" means.
>>
>>63770200
>Episode 6: muh Toph, perfect waifu
>Episode 7: Jinora a mary sue

wow, such happenings
>>
>>63770119
>She's still one of the weakest parts of her own show

I fully disagree, but I agree, Mako and Bolin and Lin getting development has been great. I no longer hate Mako, and while Bolin hasn't been useful or anything, he seems more likeable and developed this time around. I especially liked the little scene between Bumi and Tenzin at the end of Ep. 7.
>>
>>63770305

Wow, what a halfassed shitpost.
At least try to make it seem like you watched it or at least read a summary.
>>
>>63770192
You're a fucking idiot.

I'm sorry, but there's really no other way to put it. That's wrong.

There are two romantic sub-plots, both of which have have some character development and are nicely tied into the plot without being obtrusive. They're even brand new characters with smooth and logical introductions, and story reasons to exist outside of being shipped.

I don't even fucking know where you're getting teen angst from. The only one with angst so far is Lin, and she's not a teen. Jinora wanting her tattoos, maybe, but no-one made a particularly big deal out of it and it was resolved in an episode. Barely qualifies.

Look, I hate the shitty parts of LoK as much as the next guy, but this season is legitimately good so far, if still rough around the edges. Don't let previous disappointment wreck what good there is to pull out of this thing.
>>
>>63770557

He's not an idiot, he's shitposting. You're giving him more attention he deserves.
>>
>>63770557
>both of which have have some character development
What character is developing Bolin? besides girl likes him because reasons?

Lin is not a teen but she is surely acting like one.
>>
>>63769609
they're still on their way to the fireworks factory just give it time
>>
>>63770305
Toph was one of the few things I didn't like about that episode, actually, although really my only reason is she doesn't at all line up with her previous portrayal. It makes sense, even, I can see the character going that route, it just threw me off. If I hadn't seen the original I probably would have barely noticed her.
>>
File: TheSauceIsApostle.jpg (68KB, 684x431px) Image search: [Google]
TheSauceIsApostle.jpg
68KB, 684x431px
>>63764424

Tenzin said that was optional, so maybe Jinora will grow back her normal hair after getting the tattoos.

>>63764592

>Jinora jobbing

Like father, like daughter.

>>63767334

I'm really surprised I did. I didn't really like him in season 1 or 2. Thank goodness they dropped the fartbending. I hope the gook that thought that was a good idea dies painfully.

>>63769251

>Jinora new Avatar

Who would her team be?
Even though it doesn't make that much sense, I think Jinora, Lin, Varrick (w/ iron man suit), and Eska would be a cool team.

Jinora's the brainiac, Varrick's the idea guy, Lin's the muscle, and Eska is the delicious brown.
>>
>>63770617
Bolin's learning to be more upfront about he wants and to not be 'weird' about it (awkwardly hitting on Opal, trying to bend metal when nobody's around).
>>
>>63769251

I'm still upset that Vatu didn't possess Jinora. It would have worked quite well.

Unalaq wants to fuse with Vatu, only to be rejected because of Jinora has a superior connection that makes her a more suitable vessel
>>
>>63770641

Meelo has always been alright except when fartbending.

And god damn the little shit kicks ass. In Book 1 he also kicked equalist ass without fartbending.
>>
>>63764202
Being a thief seems like it has a lot of useful skills, perfect for an airbender.
>>
She is literally Aang if he wasn't the avatar.
>>
>>63770845
She's less goofy than Aang was.
>>
>>63764395
Soccer moms care way less about this stuff than this board thinks they do. Especially now compared to 15 years ago, since Gen Xers don't want to be like their uptight Baby Boomer parents.
>>
>>63770845

Jinora seems a little too bookworm-y and serious for that. Ikki seems to be more Aang-ish.
>>
>>63770877
The thing is, they taught a lot of the history through word of mouth before the fire nation fucked everything up, Jinora had to get all her information from books about air society.
>>
>>63770716
i think the little bastard is gonna end up starting a ruthless airbender army or a mafia.

he's a tad bit blood thirsty.
its funny
>>
>>63762898
I just saw E3 Episode 7 and while she is skilled, she isn't that powerful nor could she sense an attack. I'm not familiar with female airbenders, but do they shave their heads too? Bald airbending men could sense an oncoming attack with a clean shaven head, but what about women?
>>
>>63770955
Someone should draw an older Meelo standing above a mountain of skulls with grin on his face.
>>
>>63766981
He definitely seems to have a different style than the rest of the air benders. He throws a lot more of his body weight around it seems. Personally I like it.
>>
>>63770617
Opal decided to begin living for herself and doing what makes her happy instead of constantly worrying about her mother, a realization which Lin helped her reach after she herself came to terms with her feelings/anger toward her sister and mother, reconciled with/forgave them for their past wrongs, and entered back into her sister's life.

Although it was mostly retroactive, we saw/heard of how Lin's sister when from shithead Toph 2.0 to the matriarch is today.

Jinora's beginning to mature and chafe at her father's restrictions, and seek more freedom and responsibility (dating Kai, breaking rules, wanting her tattoos).

Like >>63770655 said, Bolin's beginning to learn that he doesn't need to keep a goofy facade up at all times and it's ok/beneficial to let his real self/desires show more

Tenzin realized that he's a crappy teacher and needs to pay more attention to his student's needs

Bumi realized he's a crappy lazy student and that what Tenzin is trying to teach him is worthwhile and has value, not to mention the whole can be/quit being/return to being an airbender, which I hope gets explored more because Bumi's awfully one-dimensional and this is a really interesting direction for him.

Kai is maybe? learning to be less of a little shit, there's not been of much of that yet

Korra is (wrongly) learning to have more faith in her abilities and decisions as an Avatar to bring about change, maybe, not too sure about that

That's all that comes to mind, there's undoubtedly more I'm not seeing/thinking of
>>
eh I don't think she is. she's always been built up as a studious prodigy, it just so happens that she has a greater spiritual potential than even her father. i feel like the show is calling her a master a little too soon, but it's not that big a deal.

kai, on the other hand, is a complete sue. he's had about as much training as the other recruits (all of who were kidnapped by the Earth Queen) yet he seems to be able to beat everyone in combat already with very little build-up behind it. if the show is overpowering anyone it's him.
>>
>is she overpowered?
>has been captured and reduced to helpless damsel in distress twice already
>>
>>63771082
went from shithead-Toph 2.0*

I actually really enjoyed how well and how much of the Metal Clan they managed to set up in such a short time, one of the highlights of the show so far
>>
File: TenzinsBurgers.png (450KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
TenzinsBurgers.png
450KB, 1000x750px
>>63770955

In Aang's time, the Air Nomad culture seemed pretty uniform. Water benders have foggy swamp tribe, Northern Water Tribe, and Southern Watertribe. Earth Kingdom have their various minor kings, Sandbenders, Kyoshi Island warriors, etc. Even Fire Nation had those Aztec looking firebenders.

But with the air nomads, I got the impression that whether you go to North, South, East, or West temple, the people there would generally be the same.

Tenzin did his best to make the air acolytes a carbon copy of Aang's culture, but it could be interesting to see Tenzin's kids each run in their own different direction for how to be air acolytes, and have their followers reflect their beliefs too.
>>
>>63771153

it's a shame we haven't seen her tearing shit up,
>>
>>63771107
>i feel like the show is calling her a master a little too soon
I agree with this. Does she even know all of the 36 techniques proficiently?
>>
She used to be but they're nerfing her by making her a cunt.
>>
>>63771185
Meelo is more like Louis
>>
>>63764717
>>63767107
Or he's posting from his phone and it autocorrected to Mine.
>>
>>63771190

She probably does, which is why she wants her tattoos. She didn't invent anything but if she's eligible by Tenzin's admission, then she's technically a master.
>>
>>63771107
Aang got the master's tattoo at age 12, Jinora is at the age where it is expected. Kai lived his life as a rouge thief, his fighting style (quick, avoidant, good balance and coordination) suits airbending compared to the others who have no combat experience or are unbalanced.
>>
>>63771189
Kai's gonna tear that ass up tho
>>
File: tumblr_mwjut8qNRc1qlvqs7o1_1280.jpg (541KB, 612x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwjut8qNRc1qlvqs7o1_1280.jpg
541KB, 612x960px
>>63771219

Kai is corrupting her, trying to turn her into a little shit like him.
>>
File: 1402584418311.jpg (80KB, 429x436px) Image search: [Google]
1402584418311.jpg
80KB, 429x436px
>>63769999
>learned of the death of an important character from the old show
>>
>>63771107
see
>>63767808

Nobody's calling her a master except her and the kid trying to get into her pants

>Kai
>overpowered

They've shown him to be the most talented new recruit a few times, but so far his notable exploits in combat have involved taking down a guy who was distracted with a hostage and beating up a poacher who was trying to surrender

Also suckerpunching Mako on a train, if you want to count that

He nearly got killed by a fucking Bison, for crying out loud, and he's a bit of a shithead of a kid besides. Why is everyone so eager to call Sue these days?
>>
File: JinoraCute.jpg (93KB, 604x1321px) Image search: [Google]
JinoraCute.jpg
93KB, 604x1321px
>>63771320

I think the tattoos is more of a thing for adults, and Aang got his early because he was an air nomad Avatar and thus naturally good at airbending.
>>
>>63771219
they are nerfing her so Kai can keep saving her
>>
She wants tattoos and piercings like a good little slut
>>
>>63771400
Aang got this because he invented a new airbending technique.

So I'm gonna guess Jinora is gonna invent a new one too.
>>
>>63771435
Would fucking cream that so hard
>>
>>63771443
didn't she invent astral projection?
>>
>>63771082
>Korra is (wrongly) learning to have more faith in her abilities and decisions as an Avatar to bring about change, maybe, not too sure about that
No kidding. Hey Tenzin, how wise do you think Korra is now?
>>
>>63771425

But Jinora saved him more times this episode, and then when he tried to save her he was getting rekt by the poacher.
>>
>>63771400
Tenzin doesnt want to tattoo his own daughter.
>>
>>63771443
She doesn't have to invent shit, she already hyper spiritual and can essentially transform into the wind via astral projection.
>>
>>63770845
Aang can run so fast he creates tornadoes, blow on the ground to create massive instant dust clouds for escape, fly like a helicopter carrying a person heavier than him using his feet all by only twirling a stick, and ice breath so cold it instantly freezes metal.

Jinora needs her non-master boyfriend to save her and has a bullshit Astral Projection power that Zaheer already taught himself.
>>
>>63771455

Her advise was perfectly sound, it's not her fault he decided to take Bumi's advice to the letter and ignore Jinora's protests.
>>
>>63771400
Being an avatar doesn't make you naturally better with your element. I mean Korra wasn't naturally good with water, in fact she was better with fire at a young age,
>>
>>63771453
No I'm pretty sure Aang did that too in ATLA.

And I don't think projection is limited to airbenders, you'd just find more people who can do it among them.
>>
File: JinoraOperationRepopulation.jpg (49KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
JinoraOperationRepopulation.jpg
49KB, 525x481px
>>63771450
>>
>>63771493
>Aang can run so fast he creates tornadoes
Only used once.
>blow on the ground to create massive instant dust clouds for escape
This isn't fucking advanced.
>fly like a helicopter carrying a person heavier than him using his feet all by only twirling a stick
She can do that.
>and ice breath so cold it instantly freezes metal.
Only used once.
>>
>>63771509
Yeah but it follows their philosophy of letting go all earthly attachments
>>
>>63771519
Kai does
>>
>>63769999
>learned of the death of an important character from the old show
wait, who? I may have missed that from not paying attention because the rest was so boring
>>
>>63770306
>I especially liked the little scene between Bumi and Tenzin at the end of Ep. 7.
That was good but for the most part Tenzin and Bumi seem like immature manchildren. I can't point exactly what it is. I think the Lin/Suyin conflict could've been done a little better but those two, despite their flaws, still act and seem like adults to me. Tenzin and Bumi don't.
>>
>>63771538

Bosco.
>>
>>63771352
It's odd how different she is this season. She was supposed to be the meek, understanding type which fits the whole spiritual thing she has. You'd think she wouldn't lash out over tats and sulk over it.
>>
>>63771531
Airbenders probably invented it but there's nothing stopping someone else from letting go of their earthly attachments. I wouldn't be surprised if Korra learns how to do it at one point.
>>
>>63771574
She's gotta be almost 12 at this point and Kai obviously inspired her to be less meek. Jinora's growing up.
>>
>>63771572
oh lel

yeah that got me just a shrug
>>
>>63771185
>But with the air nomads, I got the impression that whether you go to North, South, East, or West temple, the people there would generally be the same.
What about those Indian Gurus? They're Air Nomads aren't they?
>>
>>63766981
I'm still proposing that Aang made Zaheer an Air Bender and took it back. It would be dumb if Aang only used spirit bending once.
>>
>>63771659
>It would be dumb if Aang only used spirit bending once.
He used it twice that we know of.
>>
>>63771628
Behaving out of personality entirely != growing up.
>>
>>63771600
>I wouldn't be surprised if Korra learns how to do it at one point.
SHE
ALREADY
DID

fucking hell did the trauma of how bad season 2 was erase the final episodes from your brain? remember, inside the tree?
>>
>>63771681

We call that "puberty".
>>
>>63771658

That was just one guy. He said he wasn't an airbender, but he was a friend to them. He was more or less an air acolyte before air acolytes were a thing.
>>
>>63771659
He used it on Ozai and Amon's dad, I wouldn't be surprised if he did give like a really devout acolyte airbending in the hopes that he could restart the nation that way but became dismayed when he started fucking shit up as an airbender.

Then again, I'm a little tired of every other villain being created through spiritbending.
>>
>>63771681
>Behaving out of personality entirely
She wasn't, though. If she said something like screw the rules, I'm gonna hijack a bison and run away with Kai, THAT would be out of character.

She didn't say, "I want my tattoos NOW" she said, "according to our rules and traditions I'm more than qualified for my tattoos". There's a difference between the two.
>>
>>63771033
Here's your answer.
>>
>>63771709
I-I mean without the tree...
>>
>>63771628
>inspired

we refer to it as "corrupted" here
>>
>>63771494
Actually you're right, Tenzin was an idiot about the whole ting. The thing that surprises me most about Tenzin is how much he lacks empathy. For a guy who's a monk and worked in politics he sure is self centered and clueless about other people's feelings and motivations.
>>
>>63771753

Would you watch a series about Avatar Jafar?
>>
>>63771772
They're gonna make lots of airbender babies and there's nothing /co/ can do about it.
>>
>>63771033

Aang got taken down by tiny nets more times than I care to count.

The jumpy mustachio'd airbender is clearly talented.
>>
>>63771793

Definitely, he looks fucking cool.
>>
>>63771600
Yeah but Korra is the Avatar she's expected to do that kind shit because she use to be the bridge between the spirits and humans.
>>
>>63771600
I wouldn't be surprised if Zaheer could do it before he got airbending.
>>
>>63771455
"Conflict resolution is what I do"

My sides were in orbit, I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other

>>63771545
I got a bit of that too. I think Bryke and co. just have a hard time into adult personal drama/characters, honestly

I mean, it is ostensibly a kid's show, so I can't get too upset about the level of personal drama/maturity of characters,

At least they're consistently manchildren
>>
>>63771793
Only if I couldn't get a series about Avatar Fatty.
>>
>>63771783
Probably gets it from his mom.
>>
>>63771783

Actually it makes decent sense. Tenzin truly believes in his lifestyle, so much he doesn't understand people want to eat meat and don't care for long, boring stories about guys that don't eat.
>>
>>63771753
not taking advantage of the opportunity of being able to commune with her past avatars is going to screw over Korra somehow in the future, as well as all future airbenders because their lineage will only date back to her and she won't even be able to pass on their knowledge (save spiritbending from aang and wan's story)
>>
>>63771783
>For a guy who's a monk and worked in politics he sure is self centered and clueless about other people's feelings and motivations.

He didn't exactly have any competition for his position in the council, since he was the only adult air bender at the time.

Probably explains why Tarlockk was about to talk circles around Tenzin and always get the other councilmen to support what he wanted instead of what Tenzin wanted.
>>
>>63771753
RIP in peace, Avatar Fatty... You're with Bosco now, in a better place
>>
>>63771822
>I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other

Still counts.
>>
>>63771860
The Earth Queen's sewers?
>>
>>63771732
>I'm a little tired of every other villain being created through spiritbending.
I'm actually convinced they had Korra break her ties from all her past lives so they could get rid of spirit bending. Aang was the only one who actually knew it.
>>
>>63771839

She couldn't take advantage, Aang broke the string telephone.
>>
>>63771712
Guru Lahima was an airbender though and Kya said that there were so many she can't remember them all.

So far there's Guru Pathik, Lahima, and the guy Tenzin was talking about who fasted for 97 days.
>>
>>63771839
They can walk over to the spirit world to ask them now. Unless it gets explained eventually that the past avatars didn't simply lose their connection but ceased to exist.
>>
>>63771826
>Avatar Fatty
Have some respect anon he's a professional cake and pastries bender.
>>
>>63771793
>>63771753
if that's jafar, who's the earthbender next to him?

looks like an old Gimli to me
>>
>>63771352

>tfw you can't jump into the 2D world and save Jinora's purity
>>
>>63771839
The Rift kind of hinted at some way of at least getting in contact with your past life if the connection is botched but I don't know if it would work now since Raava was reborn.
>>
File: jinora1.png (182KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
jinora1.png
182KB, 333x250px
>meets a boy and instantly wants to cover herself in tats and piercings

She'll make a good little Tumblrslut
>>
>>63771659
>>63771732
Since when could spirit bending give people bending? And if Zaheer had airbending at one point we probably would've known by now.. He didn't say he got his airbending back, he said he got it from Harmonic Convergence.

I don't see any reason to believe Zaheer could airbed at any time before Harmonic Convergence
>>
>>63771934

It's Avatar Dáin, Ironfoot.
>>
>>63771923
Maybe their spirits unattached from Raava got reincarnated
>>
>>63771822
She still resolved those conflicts. Even if she did make things a million times worse the moment she decided to help.
>>
>>63771986
Aang was able to use it to give Korra her bending back. Thing is we don't know if it can give a non-bender (like Asami for example) bending.

My stance has always been it can't give what was never there but I don't know.
>>
>>63771867
She's always been much, much better at starting fights than ending them
>>
>>63771973
Man Tatoos are like a Airbenders bar mitzvah don't drag their culture through the mud like that.
>>
>>63771987
Why was he called Iron Foot?
>>
>>63771987
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN, LOOOORD OF THE HILLS!
>>
>>63772021

We do know. The turtles did it.
>>
File: le tumblr girl.jpg (108KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
le tumblr girl.jpg
108KB, 500x491px
Jinora by the end of this season

Piercings on her clit and tats on her eyebrows will be included
>>
>>63772021
I just figured since lion turtles used it to give the first humans bending and take it away, practitioners of spiritbending could do the same.
>>
>>63771986
>Since when could spirit bending give people bending
Since Lion Turtles gave it to people so they could fend themselves against angry spirits.
>>
Ladies and Gentleman, how do we kill Kai?
>>
>>63771796

M-maybe Kai will be likeable by then, r-right?

>>63771806

To be fair, they're nets and they're tiny. Aang's lucky he didn't wind up rotting like a papaya.

>>63771545
>>63771822

It's because they're brothers. If you've ever had to put up with family drama, even a grandpa/ma can act like a big baby when dealing with their family members.

If Bumi was just another random air guy like the rest of the new recruits, they'd have interacted differently.

>>63771920
>Kya said that there were so many she can't remember them all.
>Kya

If there were only 5, Kya probably still wouldn't have given enough of a fuck to remember them all.

>>63771940

It's a bad feel.

>>63772082

You find a tree, I'll find the rope.
>>
>>63772082
Surrounded by his wife, Jinora, and their many children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren after he's had a long, good life, peacefully in his bed.
>>
>>63772082
I like Kai
>>
>>63771741
Not in the way she said it (lashing out publicly). Meek people take a long time to gain that confidence.
>>
>>63772082
If only that one preview does indeed show him falling to his death. Too bad I doubt that.
>>
>Lin and Suyin
>Tenzin Bumi and Kya
Bolin and Mako confirmed for most adult relationship between siblings in TLOK?
>>
>>63772006
Doubt it. They're probably just chilling with Iroh.
>>
>>63772113
I wouldn't have even described Jinora as meek. More like reserved.
>>
>>63771838
See, I could understand if Aang thought because he grew up with airbenders that but Tenzin has two siblings and a parent who don't live as Air Nomads and he was a politician in Republic City. You would think he would have enough experience with different people to see that not everyone sees the good in the Air Nomad lifestyle.

Hell, he's ex-girlfriend and Korra(initially at least) are good examples of that. After that how can he be surprised when other people aren't as excited about it as he is?

>>63771853
Even if he wasn't the best councilmen the fact that his decisions affected other people should've had forced him to try and think about things from a different perspective.
>>
>>63772162
Then could Korra could just find them and re-add them back to the avatar state.
>>
>>63772006
why would they

without raava the avatar is no more or less human than anyone else, since she was the vessel for their spirits after they passed from this world, and she was destroyed, their spirits all died too.

THE PAST AVATARS ARE DEAD

DEAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>63772151
only because they didn't have parents to fuck up their brotherly bond.
>>
>implying Kai wont turn evil
>implying Jinora wont be forced to kill him her self.
>>
>>63772255
lin and suyin didn't really have parents either, that didn't turn out great
>>
>>63772246
>without raava the avatar is no more or less human than anyone else
Then how was Korra able to turn into mega korra?

Clearly there's more to the avatar than just Raava.
>>
What will little Jinora's tramp stamp look like? You know she wants one, to get back at daddy and make Kai happy.
>>
>>63771822
>My sides were in orbit, I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other
She couldn't even mediate the conflict that was happening right in front of her. Also, did that line bother anyone else? It was just so...obvious. I get that its a kids show but does it have to
be spelled out that clearly?

>I got a bit of that too. I think Bryke and co. just have a hard time into adult personal drama/characters, honestly
>I mean, it is ostensibly a kid's show, so I can't get too upset about the level of personal drama/maturity of characters,
>At least they're consistently manchildren
Idk, I thought they did a good job with Lin and Suyin. It wasn't perfect but they acted like adults. Flawed adults clearly but still as adults.
>>
>>63772316

Regular air nomad tattoos. One pointing to her ass, the other pointing to her pussy.
>>
>>63772291
Anyone could have used the tree and gone mega. It was all about tapping into your own personal power. Korra just got to do it because she's the main character.
>>
>>63772112

Kai's a faggot
>>
>>63772246
But Raava not dead. She got separated then Korra absorbed her like Wan did.
>>
>>63772096
>It's because they're brothers. If you've ever had to put up with family drama, even a grandpa/ma can act like a big baby when dealing with their family members.
>If Bumi was just another random air guy like the rest of the new recruits, they'd have interacted differently.

But like I said beofre, the Lin/Suyin conflict was handled much better and neither looked like manchildren. Lin came off as too bitter and I think Suyin is a haughty slef centered diva but I could see people they're age acting like. I have a harder time imagining adults acting like Tenzin and Bumi, especially given the former is a monk and a person of influence in his city and the latter was an Admiral.

>If there were only 5, Kya probably still wouldn't have given enough of a fuck to remember them all.

That's true but clearly there is more than one. Plus Lahima lived 4000 years ago so the gurus have likely bee around for a long time. I think they're not unlike the avatar in that they're particularly rare individuals but across 4000 years there's got to be a few dozen of them at least.
>>
>>63772426
You're just mad that your waifu is getting pounded by a common thief.
>>
>>63772429
raava died and was reborn inside vaatu bro
>>
>>63772429
Someone came up with a good metaphor to describe the situation with Raava and the past lives. Something about Raava being a chatroom.
>>
>>63772350
I don't know about that anon. Even re joining with Raava wasn't the same as it was with Wan.

I think her connection was still there and that's what allowed her to become Mega Korra.
>>
>>63772461
Hey nigga the first Avatar was a common their in the beginning.
>>
god i hate King of Omashu bumi

this dude was suppose to be really strong but you rarely see him kick ass

JLU amazo all over again
>>
>>63772021
>My stance has always been it can't give what was never there but I don't know.
That's what I figured

>>63772079
I forgot that they used spirit bending. I still don't think Zaheer was given airbending. Lin didn't say Zaheer got his bending back, she just said he's now and airbender. Zuko said something similar.
>>
>>63772511
I distinctly remember the scene being about how Korra had a power and strength all her own that had nothing to do with her being the Avatar.

> Even re joining with Raava wasn't the same as it was with Wan
Raava and Wan joined in the heat of battle, Raava and Korra joined after the big fight and it was essentially the same thing, just with the latter they were more poetic about it.
>>
>>63772151
>Implying Eska and Desna don't have the best sibling relationship
>>
>>63772524
Yeah but he was a noble common theif trying to help out his friend who thought it was a good idea to stick his dick in a tree spirit.
>>
>>63772606
what relationship? they have a similar sense of humor but other than that they act like they don't really care whether the other exists or does anything.
>>
>>63772591
I guess you can say Korra is pretty legendary.
>>
File: 1397859049711.jpg (28KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1397859049711.jpg
28KB, 375x375px
>>63772677
>>
>>63772316
>What will little Jinora's tramp stamp look like?
A blue arrow. Disappointed?
>>
>>63772677
caaaaarloooosss!
>>
File: Futurama Laugh.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
Futurama Laugh.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>63766188
>Tenzin or his kids a boost.
>Tenzin
>being useful

Pffffffft!
>>
>>63772647
Well maybe Kai will be noble and stick his dick in that panda spirit.
>>
>>63772350
I always thought her giant blue self was so powerful because her soul had gone through so many reincarnations and lifetimes where she was connected to Raava eventually made her soul just as powerful
>>
>>63772316
drawfags assemble

pics of Jinora getting tattoo go.
>>
>>63772830
I always thought it was a giant asspull that would never get a clear explanation.
>>
>>63772830
>>63772865
It's been awhile since I saw those eps but I'm pretty sure Tenzin explains what the purpose of the tree is.

How/why Korra manifests her spiritual energy as a giant blue version of herself, I have no idea, but it's pretty in-character for Korra.
>>
>>63772671
They're at least there for each other. Remember when Desna got injured towards the end of Book 2 and Eska was right there by his side?

I think one of the main problems I have with Bolin Mako is that we were told Mako was protective of Bolin but never really saw it. However, I did like that he tried to push Bolin towards Opal. Regardless of how that relationship turns out it was a bro move to tell him to try and settle down with a nice girl.
>>
>>63772932
ME KORRA

SPIRIT STRONG

BIG GOOD

BAD GUY SMASH
>>
>>63772932
>I have no idea, but it's pretty in-character for Korra.
In character in that Korra always has an asspull. Honestly I try and forget those episodes ever happened. Maybe I'm overreacting but I remember just flat out hating the S2 finale aside from "Zhu Lee, do the thing"
>>
>>63772976
>nice girl
>from the evil rapture-esque city of thieves and scoundrels
opal will turn, mark my words
>>
>>63772985
You think Korra gives good snoo snoo
>>
File: opal.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
opal.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>63773030
anon how could you hate this face?

look at this adorable little faaaaace.
>>
>>63772976
Bolin wasn't even interested in starting anything or even aware until Mako told him.

Mako is a catalyst for romance shit.

Also despite being so protective of Bolin, Mako brushes off Eska's treatment of Bolin.
>>
>>63771753
So what the fuck was Kyoshi's deal? We know she lived absurdly long but all the avatars look like they did when they died, not like they did in their prime.

So even when she was over 200 years old she still looked like that?
>>
>>63773091
ME KORRA

FUCKING STRONG

BIG GOOD

DICK SMASH
>>
>>63773110

Thanks because Mako knew Eska was a delicious brown princess. No one would pass that up.
>>
>>63773110
Mako was focused on dealing with this >>63773148
He had no time to deal with Bolin's shit
>>
>>63773139
its the makeup
>>
>>63773139
Most of those Avatars don't look old. They're probably in the form they're most comfortable and associate with their sense of self.
>>
>>63773030
I seriously doubt it. If any of the airbenders is going to turn its going to be that little shit Kai. Opal is too pure. Opal will likely become more assertive but I doubt she'll turn, she doesn't really have any reason to at this point and we've seen that she doesn't like conflict. Kai has been shown to be more violent and we know he's easily tempted by material gain.

>>63773108
If Bolin doesn't screw this up and actually ends up with a qt Airfu it'll almost be worth it to sit through the relationshit.

>>63773110
>Bolin wasn't even interested in starting anything or even aware until Mako told him.
Exactly, Mako showed that he wants his brother to actually have a stable relationship with someone who isn't crazy or shallow.

>Mako is a catalyst for romance shit.
True

>Also despite being so protective of Bolin, Mako brushes off Eska's treatment of Bolin.
See that's what I was talking about. We're told he's protective of Bolin but we rarely, if ever, saw it. Wasn't he more upset when Korra went missing than when Bolin went missing in S2? Serious question here, its been a while.

Either way he basically told Bolin to fuck off in S2 and he did a terrible job of protecting him in S1. Maybe know since he lost both Asami and Korra he'll actually give a shit about his own brother.
>>
>>63771753
are they in the right order?
>>
>>63773480

The first three rows are, including Aang.
>>
>>63773574
yeah but then the 4th row has 2 airbenders with only 2 people between them
>>
>>63773434
Mako flipped his shit like a light switch and immediately dropped everyone and everything else in his life (including his karmic past lives) once he heard that Korra went missing.

He took Bolin's disappearance in Book 1 like it was Sunday in the park and Bolin's relationshit in Book 2 with similar stride.

Mako, Bolin, and Asami are just there because Aang had a group of people close to his age around him.
>>
>>63773756
>Mako flipped his shit like a light switch and immediately dropped everyone and everything else in his life (including his karmic past lives) once he heard that Korra went missing.
>He took Bolin's disappearance in Book 1 like it was Sunday in the park and Bolin's relationshit in Book 2 with similar stride.
That's how I remembered it. Fuck S1 Mako.

>Mako, Bolin, and Asami are just there because Aang had a group of people close to his age around him.
True. I know the relationshit has been more miss than hit so far but I'm cautiously optimistic that Opal injects new life into team Avatar.
>>
>>63773756
Mako is a pretty shitty brother come to think of it
>>
>>63773953
At this point the best way to redeem Mako is to make him a better older brother to Bolin.
>>
>>63774051
Nah it's not too far off from how my siblings would have acted if I had gotten in similar situations.
>>
>>63773864
In Mako's defense the situations were pretty different.
Bollin's kidnapping wasn't even assumed a kidnapping until it became obvious. Whereas Korra was in the middle of this huge thing.
The first is "my fuck up brother is gone for the night after saying he's off to run some dumb scheme. He's probably in no real danger just being stupid somewhere" whereas the second is "VIP (who I also want to fuck) goes missing after antagonizing brutally effective enemy with an MO for kidnapping people they don't like".
Not that Mako isn't a bad brother for not being more attentive or worried but one situation had much more obvious stakes.
>>
Honestly, Opal's giving me huge suffering flags.
>>
>>63775607
either she is going to die or someone close to her is, she's just too cheerful for it not to happen
>>
>>63775702

She's too pure for this show not to take a massive shit on her
>>
>>63775776
the question is how, because they can only get away with so much in a Y-7 show
>>
Everyone is overpowered. They shoot lightening and metal and shit.
>>
I just hope the exbendables stay through out this season and the next too.

Not only Zaheer but the four
>>
>>63775898
>doesn't understand balance
>can't even express themself eloquently
we got a regular avatar Korra over here folks
>>
>>63762898
Can somebody please link me the download, I've had an incredibly shitty day that was self inflicted the moment I decided to clean the fridge
Clean your fridges regularly people, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>63776077
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/avatar-legend-korra-book-3-2014-episode-7-online

:^)
>>
>>63775607
>>63775702
She's going to join Zaheer for some reason calling it.
>>
>>63776271
dont be an ass

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10585683/The.Legend.of.Korra.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F%5Brartv%5D
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10585938/The.Legend.of.Korra.S03E07.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F%5Brartv%5D
>>
>>63775821

maybe >>63776322
>>
did anyone else catch the part where Suyin said that Tenzin broke up with Lin?

According to Lin it was her that broke up with him.
>>
>>63776347
Thank you
>>
>>63772261
>Kai: I hate you!
>Jinora: You were my first love kai..I loved you

But ya someone is turning evil this season out of Kai, Opal, or Jinora
>>
>>63771741
Has Jinora invented a new technique yet? You got to do that to get your tats.
>>
File: JinoraVattu.jpg (82KB, 444x735px) Image search: [Google]
JinoraVattu.jpg
82KB, 444x735px
>>63776608

Would it have been good if we had a possessed evil Jinora in season 2?
>>
>>63770641
>reverse image search
>no fucking results

alas
>>
>>63776887

Read the file name.
>>
>>63777317
>>63770641
Does Apostle have any place that he uploads to anymore?
>>
File: JinormousSlut.png (433KB, 446x733px) Image search: [Google]
JinormousSlut.png
433KB, 446x733px
>>63777390

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jinora+Apostle

I'd link to it directly, but his website sets off the spam filter.
>>
>>63773108
Opal is a shit. And I'm glad Lin made her cry.
>>
>>63771753
>Not a single decent mustache
>Asians
>>
>>63776854

I think there was a way to make it work if Book 2 had been longer so as to devote more time to her character. And it would've made sense with Jinora's spiritual connection.

At this point, Opal seems like she could be a prime candidate for Zaheer's own nation of Airbenders.
>>
File: Lewd1.png (115KB, 241x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd1.png
115KB, 241x400px
>>63778155
>Opal seems like she could be a prime candidate for Zaheer's own nation of Airbenders.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?
>>
>>63776450
>According to Lin it was her that broke up with him.

That was never believable.
>>
>>63778155
>At this point, Opal seems like she could be a prime candidate for Zaheer's own nation of Airbenders.

Zaheer could intercept Opal on her way to the temple, it's a long shot though.
>>
File: Air empire.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Air empire.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>63778240
Yes...
>>
>>63778240

maybe...

>>63778290

My prediction has been that Zaheer will kidnap Opal and that's why the Krew goes to Si Wong. At least that's the way it kinda felt from the trailers. Depends on who Ghazan was carrying on his back, some say it looks like Korra, others say it looks like Opal.
>>
File: kidnap.png (661KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
kidnap.png
661KB, 1280x719px
>>63778426
>others say it looks like Opal
Like nobody has said it's Opal, it's obvious it's Korra.
>>
>>63762898

Wait, can Jinora ACTUALLY replace Korra?

Like, please?

Just make it legend of Jinora all day erry day.
>>
File: Red Lotus.jpg (356KB, 945x529px) Image search: [Google]
Red Lotus.jpg
356KB, 945x529px
>>63778350
Evil does love those red designs.
>>
>>63778614

>White Lotus wants stability
>Red Lotus wants change

The bad guys will be revealed as aimless anarchists.
>>
>>63778506

But I have read some in the threads speculate it could be Opal. Both she and Korra practically have the same build.

The thing is they only have 6 episodes left. Are they really going to have another Korra gets captured plotline that'll waste two episodes? At first I thought Zaheer and the Red Lotus would kidnap Korra and take her to Si Wong, but the trailer has Korra looking out at the desert town during the sunset before it shows Asami carrying her away. So obviously Korra isn't a prisoner when the Si Wong episodes start, which will probably be after the next episode. So either they catch Korra in her pajamas just to fail and run away while Korra and friends go to the desert for whatever fucking reason, or Korra has to follow them to the desert.
>>
>>63778730

Black Lotus wants mana for no cost
>>
>>63778805

What about the Blacker Lotus?
>>
>>63778747
>Are they really going to have another Korra gets captured plotline that'll waste two episodes?
She doesn't get captured.

>or Korra has to follow them to the desert.
Pretty obvious that's what happens, but she probably does it because they found her and she wants to put an end to things.

They COULD kidnap Opal as a hostage situation (none of this corruption bullshit) when they fail to grab Korra but it's obvious in that one cap it's her, not Opal.
>>
>>63778908
>They COULD kidnap Opal as a hostage situation

That's what I've been figuring might happen, could be a good setup for some exposition on the Red Lotus' motivations.
>>
File: 139802826880.png (206KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
139802826880.png
206KB, 450x450px
>>63762898
>Utility power. 8/10
>Overall strength, 2/10

Her powers are really useful, but aren't all that powerful. Sure, its annoying for the entire party to know where location of plot B is, but they did a pretty good job restricting it.

>Need to actually know the person personally to locate them.
>Sending a message would have take considerable time and only worked because it was near by.
>The more OP stuff happened because end game plot power up buff occurred.
>>
>>63778805
"Gib me mana."
>>
>>63767958
Aang killed a buzzard wasp with an air blade in the desert.
>>
>>63779035

I thought it was just a strong gust of air and the air buzzard died from the blunt force. Didn't we see it fall in one piece?
>>
>>63764509
Jinora isn't a "woman" she's a child.
>>
>>63767958
>>63779035

I remember Aang cutting 5 inch rope with an airblade.

>>63779106

Didn't she say she wasn't a little girl anymore?
>>
>>63774557
yeah, i get that, but once they had a lead, Mako knew Bolin was getting mixed up in gang stuff. He knew Bolin was in a bad situation, especially since he knew Bolin fucked Shady Shin over in the past. And shortly after, he literlly sees Bolin bounds and gagged by a terrorist group. And yet he was still completely calm.
>>
>>63778747
>Korra is going to be a Damsel in distress.
Tumblr isn't going to like this one.
>>
>>63779105
I'm almost positive that it was cut into two pieces.
>>
>>63779592

I remember when Aang used an airblade here
>>
>>63771381
Because Mary Sue now means "character with powers that I dislike"
>>
>>63762898
But unlike Korra, Jinora is actually good
>>
File: 86.jpg (17KB, 180x235px) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
17KB, 180x235px
This season is better than the last one and quickly becoming contender to overthrow the first.

All they have to do is not fuck up Zaheer's reason to take out Korra and it'll actually be... good.
>>
>>63767958
why not air bullets ? they seem more powerful than an air blade
>>
>>63780260
>>63767958
>Air Benders killing people.
Some how, I think when the first created this series, they just out right realized how OP wind really was, and thought this was a good way to limit them.
>>
>>63780195

I'm still feeling some bumps in the road, but I agree that whether this season turns out any good hinges on Zaheer.
>>
>>63780195
>>63780586
it's worse than 2 and 1
>>
>>63781639

If they took out Kai, it would easily be the best Korra season.
>>
>>63781639

I'm waiting til the end to make my final judgement.
>>
File: 1388577732031.png (215KB, 316x331px) Image search: [Google]
1388577732031.png
215KB, 316x331px
>>63781639
> worse than Book 2
>>
>>63781928
>new airbenders
>lin's sister is a cunt
>waterbender with water arms
>super unstoppable villains from all 4 elements

fanfiction tier
>>
>>63781949
There is nothing wrong with any of that.
>>
>>63781639
It's blown 2 out of the fucking water already, and all it needs to beat 1 is not botch the ending.

>>63781949
>airbenders
It's iffy, but it was kind of inevitable for the universe and the execution's actually been not bad so far
>lin's sister is a cunt
In flashbacks that we're done with? As of now she's one of the least cunty characters on the show, certainly less so than Lin
>waterbender with water arms
Don't even try and pretend the physics of this series has ever made sense. It's not a terrible concept.
>super unstoppable villains from all 4 elements
Fuck you, exbendables is the funnest thing to come out of this show in a long time
>>
File: ming hua.png (148KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
ming hua.png
148KB, 500x287px
>>63781949

>hating on my new handicapfu
>>
>>63782012

Some people won't be happy with anything the show does short of having Korra jump out of the screen and suck their cocks.
>>
>>63782167

Remember that chick on deviant art who predicting the water arms thing and the guy's art of Unalaq as the dark avatar that came true?
>>
>>63772246

No they're not. they're korra.

Rava has NOTHING to do with the reincarnation. she says herself that she would "stay with you through your reincarnations"

Reincarnation is a thing in avatarverse, everyone does it. just most people can't remember their past lives. the avatar can because Rava acts like a library for them all.

The other avatars were never "spirits" inside korra, they literally ARE korra. the avatar is 1 person.

They themselves speak of it as such. When Roku took over aang's body to make him teach firebending, he said "I have mastered the elements a thousand times, and I shall do so again"

He makes no distinction between himself and aang.
>>
>>63782167
At this point of time in 2 everyone was saying it was the best season evar too. /co/ is easily entertained by shiny things.
>>
>>63782167
>As of now she's one of the least cunty characters on the show, certainly less so than Lin
She's even worse now than when she was a teenager. She's so smug and unlikable.
>>
>>63780503

When Aang returned to the temple, his master's corpse was surrounded by fire nation soldiers bodies.

COMET POWERED fire nation soldiers(so like, a dozen times stronger than normal).

I'd say Airbender lethality was thought of before.
>>
>>63782689
Part of achieving some forms of enlightenment is sort of nihilism, I'm sure some air nomad who acheived this sort of nirvana and questioned methods of air bending required to kill.
>>
>>63782630

Spanish Su is better

Heck, a lot of characters are better in spanish
>>
>>63782616
Don't blame us. How were we supposed to know the writers would do literally half a dozen insanely stupid and unnecessary asspulls in only a few short episodes
>>
>>63782616
No, I thought S2 was trash pretty much from the get-go

>>63782630
Really? I didn't get that at all

I mean there was that one swipe at Lin's teaching ability while Lin was in full bitch-fit mode and that was pretty much it
>>
>>63782809
>How were we supposed to know the writers would do literally half a dozen insanely stupid and unnecessary asspulls in only a few short episodes
Experience
>>
File: vomit.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>63782920
>Preachy liberal anti authority bitch
>Says the queen should be overthrown
>Married an accupuncturer
>Son is an unemployed artist
>Everything is always about her, attention whore

-10/10 would trash
>>
>>63782950
I have never experienced a series that went south as hard as S2 of Korra.
>>
>>63783089
The queen is an evil bear-eating bitch, to be fair

Also her husband was the architect who designed the crazy-ass seal-able metal flower city

>>63782950
I want to say you're wrong, but

Fucking Endgame
>>
>>63781858
I still see Kai as being part of the "not fucking up the ending" thing. His entire character seems to be leading up to something. He was introduced for a reason, and that reason wasn't shipping with Tenzin's daughter.

I'm currently sitting at a "this better be good"
>>
>>63782616
>episode seven
Oh hell no. First two episodes, sure, maybe. By episode seven, we were all aboard the cunt train and headed off a cliff.
>>
>>63783179
>He was introduced for a reason, and that reason wasn't shipping with Tenzin's daughter.
Does this look like the face of good ideas?
>>
>>63766981
He's clearly good enough to beat at least Kya, who is at the very least a high level water bender.

And that's in about what, a couple months?
>>
>>63783315
I don't mind that asspull on account of >>63766981 but I do think it's bullshit that he exists in the first place. I find the "super powerful bad guys!! from all 4 elements!" thing very cringeworthy.
>>
>>63783355
The "THEY COULD DESTROY THE WORLD" thing was fucking retarded, but the idea of really powerful/unique benders isn't even new, we had Sparky and the bloodbender in ATLA. I think making an Elite Four out of them is fucking great, assuming the whole thing just doesn't fall apart later. That they have some sort of larger significant goal/purpose also helps.
>>
>>63783355
They're literally just Team Avatar from ATLA except adult, evil, a little weirder, and no non-bender that we know of.
>>
>>63783583
>Team Avatar from ATLA except adult, evil, a little weirder, and no non-bender that we know of.

How are they like team Avatar aside from being multi-elemental? Armless isn't really anything like Katara, Lavaguy isn't like Toph, Combustion Lady isn't like Zuko, etc.
>>
>>63783089

>believing the woman who ate Bosco and buys endangered bison meat from poachers shouldn't be overthrown
>>
File: 1405513909608.gif (685KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1405513909608.gif
685KB, 400x225px
>>63764000
I came
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n8oko5TJFk1r5kjtk.png (134KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n8oko5TJFk1r5kjtk.png
134KB, 500x281px
I think Zahir need Jinora to get into the spirit world and find Lahima. Or at least Korra.
>>
Was anyone else disturbed by the implication that Tenzin abused a young, scared acolyte on the side while dating Lin?
>>
>>63784019

Tenzin's a pretty evil son of a bitch
>>
>>63784019
Where did you get that idea? It was probably years before Pema made her move on Tenzin.
>>
File: 1397786349558.jpg (223KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1397786349558.jpg
223KB, 900x675px
>there is still no porn of Ming-Hua
>>
>>63771153
>twice
If you've been paying attention she gets kidnapped a LOT in this show. It just keeps happening.
>>
>>63772068
Fuck off, Shadman.
>>
>>63785567
Everyone gets captured or kidnapped a lot in Avatar.
>>
>>63762898
>You can't tell me what to do Dad!
>Goes after a bad boy thief.
So she is a tumblr and reddit slut in the making daddy issues and all good to know.
>>
File: 1384582188123.png (281KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384582188123.png
281KB, 500x400px
How has this not been posted yet?

I hope it'll be like this.
>>
>>63779106
All women are essentially children.
>>
>>63782796
link to spanish episodes?
>>
>>63762898
>She Mine as well replace Korra
Yeah people with her level of power are a diamond dozen.
>>
File: 13414123432423.jpg (23KB, 178x306px) Image search: [Google]
13414123432423.jpg
23KB, 178x306px
>>63787187

>diamond dozen
>>
>>63787278
case and point
>>
>>63767056
The issue is that they don't actually know that many airbender techniques to teach. Aang only got taught until he was 12 so he only really had 12 years worth of techniques to pass onto Tenzin who in turn only had those techniques to pass onto Jinora
>>
>>63773108
I'll bash that fookin cheeky cunt's head in
>>
>>63783697
And... you know... the whole deal with throwing people in a dungeon to upgrade her army...
>>
>>63787278
>>63787393
kekkin
>>
>>63785682
>so she is a girl in the making
>>
>>63762898
Isn't it that you only receive your tattoos when you invent a new technique? Aang got his from inventing the air scooter. Does Jinora's new "hurr spirit mode is high level airbending" count as a new invention? Cuz it seems implied that Guru Latema (don't know spelling) was able to do it, and that Zaheer can now as well.
>>
>>63771853
Still, Tenzin was far smarter in the first season, where he was actually an intelligent mentor that despite some flaws, you could see being a son of Aang.
Now they've just been turning him into ineffectual father who can't spiritually connect, is arrogant, self-centered, and stupid. His character descent is actually pretty annoying.
>>
>>63764094
guru pahtik did the second thing in atla
>>
>>63774146
Mako is supposed to be protective though and he has virtually nothing interesting going on. No one cares about his life as a cop and he fucked up both his relationships with Asami and Korra.

>>63774557
True at first but he still dropped the ball later when he knew Bolin was in trouble.
>>
>>63775607
What flags? The fact that she has both her parents and neither have treated her terribly?
>>
>>63775821
Zaheer and his gang show up in Zaofu right after Korra and the gang leaves. They fuck up Zaofu real hard and probably hurt Opal's family, maybe even using them as hostages to try to get Korra to give herself up.
>>
>>63776322
The only reason I could see Opal joining Zaheer is so Bolin ends up alone again.
>>
File: jinora slut future.jpg (72KB, 620x723px) Image search: [Google]
jinora slut future.jpg
72KB, 620x723px
Jinora is one year.

Her eyebrows will be drawn on like those MexiRican chicks
>>
>>63763899
Well, Aang was an airbender genius who got his master status when he was younger than Jinora and was trained by a monastery of fully intact airbender teachers and wisdom.

Jinora has third-hand information from her father, who learned it from Aang, who learned it from the full society.
>>
>>63784993
>there is one picture with Opal in it
>only one picture of Lin

Artists confirmed for shit taste
>>
>>63778542
What about the Legend of Bolin?

Think about it. He was a probender, then a mover star, then he saved the President.

Dude is a legend in my book.
>>
>>63779395
They'll give her a nice action scene before she goes down.
>>
>>63782167
>As of now she's one of the least cunty characters on the show, certainly less so than Lin
Its easy to not be a cunt when you end up like Suyin has. Its hard not to be when you're alone like Lin, especially after you devoted your life to saving others and doing the right thing.
>>
>>63782920
>I mean there was that one swipe at Lin's teaching ability while Lin was in full bitch-fit mode and that was pretty much it
And the line about Tenzin.

Suyin isn't a terrible person but she's one of those people who got more than she deserved while Lin got less.
>>
>>63784019
Its the other way around, Pema was all over him whether he liked it or not. Remember what she said in S1 about taking Tenzin from Lin?
>>
Time has not been nice to any people we've seen from Aang's generation.

- Aang and Katara were shitty parents, plus one of them is dead.
- Toph was a shitty mom, probably dead in a dump somewhere right now.
- Even decades later, Zuko is still jobbing.
- Sokka is dead, and we don't even know if he got any tail.
- Earth King gave birth to a sociopath cunt of a daughter who probably ate his best friend bear.

The only one who seems to have had it made was Iroh, becoming a spiritual Jesus or some shit.
>>
>>63789602
>- Aang and Katara were shitty parents, plus one of them is dead.
I thought Katara was supposed to have been a good mum. Also didn't she die in season one or am I remembering wrong?

>The only one who seems to have had it made was Iroh, becoming a spiritual Jesus or some shit.
This is the worst possible thing!
>>
>>63789602
>Sokka is dead, and we don't even know if he got any tail.
Its not a question of if, its a question of how much.
>>
>>63789028
Guru Pahtik was also implied to be a highly advanced meditator who only had such capabilities after decades of rigorous spiritual training
>>
File: 1403725319805.png (168KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1403725319805.png
168KB, 500x458px
>another episode where Tenzin has to learn something instead of everyone else
For a so-called master, he sure has to learn a load of self-evident life lessons.
Unlike the kids, who can do no wrong as it seems.

I especially liked the part where Kai used two twigs to pick a lock. Now I'm no locksmith, but I'm pretty sure you need something sturdier.
>>
>>63771891

Except not really. Korra can still energybend, which is why she did that astral projection in HC and fought Unavaatu.

Most likely, she'll learn more about energybending in the finale.
>>
>>63789806
But don't you get it anon! Kai is an experienced street rat who knows all about picking locks! There's no way a bunch of mean old poachers are gonna keep a kid with a can-do attitude down for long!
>>
File: 1403697831081.jpg (109KB, 486x535px) Image search: [Google]
1403697831081.jpg
109KB, 486x535px
>>63789908
I don't care about that.
I care about the fact that a 50 year old masterbender and politician, who's supposed to have enlightenment coming out of his ass, can't figure out how to teach his students properly.

Granted the only person he really taught before was Korra and "taught" isn't really the right word. More like "tamed" or "domesticated".

Why didn't he treat all the nomads like his kids, they turned into okay benders.
>>
How does it you guys feel that Jinora and Kai are probably fucking like rabbits?
>>
>>63789806
>>63790107
Tenzin is pretty bad so far. All of Aang's kids are kind of meh but at least Kya had a cool fight with Zaheer.
>>
>>63762898
>She gets captured effortlessly by some thugs who, excpet for the leader, are not even benders
>Is Jinora overpowered?

If you watched the show you'd be able to answer that question.
>>
>>63790166
>She gets captured effortlessly by some thugs who, excpet for the leader, are not even benders
I remember at least two earthbenders. In fact I think they were mostly earthbenders.
>>
>>63783644
Squad of 4 uber-powerful and talented benders, all friends, with at least one romantic relationship, banter, working around the goals of their airbender leader, and with unique tricks or disfigurements for the setting (avatar state, metal-bending, bloodbending, Zuko's scar)

>>63790107
He's human. Besides, I'll take dumb flaws over none any day.
>>
>>63790166
Yet apparently she is ready to be a master. Seriously she should have been the one apologising not Tenzin cause he was right, she isn't ready
>>
File: Republic City News.png (892KB, 1440x996px) Image search: [Google]
Republic City News.png
892KB, 1440x996px
>>63790107
Tenzin did an okay job of "containing" Korra, at least in season 1.

Because that's what the Avatar is now.
A natural disaster.

And not in the charming way like Vash the Stampede.
>>
>>63769866
This for every thread.
>>
File: 1379602448391.gif (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1379602448391.gif
218KB, 600x600px
>mfw Zaheer only went to Air Island to steal the Guru Lahima necklace

On that note does anyone else wish Tenzin would've talked at least a little bit about who Guru Lahima and possible reasons why Zaheer admires him so much? Maybe Kya could've mentioned his comment about Lahima being the wisest airbender who ever lived and then Tenzin elaborates on who Lahima was.
>>
>>63790509
Also the glider staff. I don't believe he has one before, and every air bender needs one.
>>
>>63790712
>Also the glider staff.
Yeah that...makes a lot more sense.

Plus he was planning on assassinating the President so it makes sense for him to go to Republic City before he hunts down Korra.
>>
Personally I'm really liking this season
>>
>>63791010
Anon, have you already forgotten? Everything you like is shit
>>
>>63771053
with read tattoos drawns from his victims blood.
>>
>>63790107

>Granted the only person he really taught before was Korra and "taught" isn't really the right word. More like "tamed" or "domesticated".

Plus the air acolytes, but they were probably a lot easier because they actually wanted to do all the airbender stuff. Prospective air acolytes were probably excited to go vegetarian and shave their heads and shit.

Plus, the airbenders are new and stuff, not diamond dozen non-bender windaboos like Tenzin usually gets. So it was probably a combination of Tenzin getting too excited about getting new airbender air nomads and pushing them too hard, with having students who weren't as motivated as the students he is used to having (for most of them their main alternate choice was going back to the Earth Kingdom to get conscripted again.)
>>
>>63791010
Shh we're not allowed to like the show here, remember?
>>
Dunno if "overpowered" is the right word, but it's bad writing that the show just gives her new powers when the plot needs them to advance.
>>
>>63792640
>diamond dozen
>>
>>63792640
I see what you're saying and its valid but even despite that Tenzin still seems so oblivious and ineffective given his background.
>>
>>63789234
>Jinora has third-hand information from her father, who learned it from Aang, who learned it from the full society.
Everything that Tenzin probably couldn't teach her, I'm sure she read about in one of her books.
>>
>>63790107
>Why didn't he treat all the nomads like his kids, they turned into okay benders.
Who says he didn't?
Why do you think they are so good at bending? He's a tough teacher and his kids adapted to it because it's what they had to grow up with.

Tenzin just needs to learn how to transition these new air benders into a monk life style, which pema made clear wasn't easy at first. Of course he's going to have issues when his new students don't really understand what it means to be a monk.
>>
File: 1405794418559.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1405794418559.gif
855KB, 500x281px
Legendof Korra? more like Legend of Shit, am I right?
>>
File: LOLBobbeh.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
LOLBobbeh.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>63794989

Nice.
>>
>>63794989
>Legend of Shit
>Not Legend of Whorra
You ruined it.
>>
>>63794989
It's not as good as TLAB however it still has it's moments.

The first 2 seasons could have been dragged out longer for character development but they were still enjoyable to watch.

Season 3 so far has been just great, the only issue I have is being too secretive about the villains or anti-heroes.
>>
>>63783315
something to consider is that he was put in a super jail for being one of the most dangerous people on the planet. Before he could air bend. He had a high interest in air nomad philosophy and style beforehand. It is more than likely he could fight high level benders before just via martial arts badassery. He doesn't need to do a lot of advanced air bending, he just needs to use it to supliment his already (presumably) dangerous martial ability.
>>
I hope she doesn't get tattoos, that will kill her qtness.
>>
>>63789806

twigs? I thought he pulled some lockpicks from his robe, being the thieving little scamp that he is.
>>
File: the legend of whorra.jpg (56KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
the legend of whorra.jpg
56KB, 600x495px
>>63795035
>>
>>63795080
>Season 3 so far has been just great, the only issue I have is being too secretive about the villains or anti-heroes.
They're dropping hints at least. Amon was a hue secret up until the massive info dump that is episode 11.
>>
>>63766981
That, and who knows how long he's been practicing while still being stuck in his jail biding his time.
>>
This last episode was absolute shit. I was really liking the season up until then, too. Also they need to start actually developing the major conflict because they're running out of time.
>>
>>63795704
The Original Airbenders is probably the worst episode of the season so far. Does anyone really give a fuck about Tenzin at this point? I know I don't
>>
>>63792640
>Plus the air acolytes, but they were probably a lot easier because they actually wanted to do all the airbender stuff. Prospective air acolytes were probably excited to go vegetarian and shave their heads and shit.
Also they couldn't actually bend so Tenzin had no way to tell whether the things he was teaching them would actually work
>>
>>63762898
Not if she is truly the avatar and Korra's legend will be about how she turned the power over to Jinora to save the world.
>>
>>63790107
Someone is confused about the difference between parenting and teaching. There are great similarities, but you can parent quite well and teach on person very similar to you without a hell of a lot of enlightenment.
>>
>>63776077
Toast do you seriously not know how to search for cartoon downloads
>>
>>63795671
He was Brazilian?
>>
File: Screenshot_18.png (220KB, 396x306px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_18.png
220KB, 396x306px
>>63794989
>>
>>63796312
>Gibe me bending plz
>>
File: Korra.png (362KB, 650x599px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.png
362KB, 650x599px
>>63794989
Legend of a qt 3.14
>>
I hate to say it but Korra seems to have had some character growth
>>
>>63796457
Shh, anon, don't say that. You'll anger Aang fags.
>>
>>63796409
if only she would let her hair down again
>>
>>63796240
I think he or she is too busy cleaning the fridge and defrosting the freezer. Also very important.
>>
>>63790509
>>63790712
>>63790822

If Zaheer was one of Aang's pupils on the island, he may have also just wanted to visit the old stomping grounds, but I think he was also waiting for Korra and Tenzin to show up. When he realized that wasn't gonna happen, he just took that necklace and bounced.

Agree that Tenzin should have dropped some exposition when Kya mentioned the necklace
>>
File: 1404082646427.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404082646427.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>63796457
It's not like she didn't have character growth before.
The show just tends to forget about it after a couple of episodes.
Granted season 3 had the longest stretch of Korra not being a nuisance.
Hopefully it will finally stick.
Hopefully.

Although she still loves taking credit for things that were beyond her control and just happened to work out okay. But whatever.
>>
>>63796729
She's a nuisance by butting into Lin's personal life and acting like she knows everything about it, and then fo course taking credit for their reconciliation when talking to Tenzin
>>
>>63796784
The funny thing is that she's actually part of the reason the situation escalated in the first place.

But hey, she's done far worse. Far, far worse.

To the point where I've grown used to the fact that she's basically the brown, unfunny Sterling Archer of Avatars.
>>
>>63796577
>If Zaheer was one of Aang's pupils on the island, he may have also just wanted to visit the old stomping grounds
He doesn't strike as the sentimental type.

>I think he was also waiting for Korra and Tenzin to show up.
I think he went to Republic City to assassinate the President and was just hoping Korra and Tenzin would arrive so he could kill two birds with one stone

>When he realized that wasn't gonna happen, he just took that necklace and bounced.
I think he was there for the glider and the necklace was a bonus.
>>
>>63796784
>She's a nuisance by butting into Lin's personal life and acting like she knows everything about it, and then fo course taking credit for their reconciliation when talking to Tenzin
he was awful with Lin. Btw, I don't remember her taking credit for how that turned out. What did she say exactly?
>>
Episode 5 was one of the most cringeinducing things I've watched in a long time.

Why the fuck is Mike allowed to write scripts? He is going toforce in his daddy issues and PETA propaganda in painful ways.
>>
>>63796554
She looks cute with her hair up or down, though.
>>
>>63797346

>He doesn't strike me as the sentimental type

the guy blew his cover for a necklace with some mystical poetry written on it. Wouldn't be surprised if after 13 years he wanted to visit the place where his master taught him everything he knows...assuming the Air Acolyte theory is true.
>>
>>63797426
She is "ok" with her hair up. Down and she's suddenly beautiful.
>>
File: 1401642175895.jpg (44KB, 335x279px) Image search: [Google]
1401642175895.jpg
44KB, 335x279px
>>63771973
I'm absolutely dreading the shadbase response to this
>>
>>63787187
well, for all extensive purposes, yeah.
>>
>>63797452
>>63797452
he gains wisdom from the old airbenders, that's how he could pinpoint korra by just meditating, their little lessons are very powerful to him because he's actually smart.
>>
>>63797452
>the guy blew his cover for a necklace with some mystical poetry written on it.
Personally I think he was there to get a glider and only stole the necklace because he happened to notice it and get distracted, which is why Ikki could sneak up on him. He seems to have an obsession with Lahima but I don't think he's the type to come back to visit for fun.

Still, at this point either of us could be right. Event though I wish they would give us more hints I do like that they aren't spoon feeding us these villains motivations and thoughts at every turn like they are with the rest of the cast. I can't be the only one who feels most of the characters keep stating the obvious. That Korra line about conflict resolution was cringe worthy IMO.
>>
>>63796729
She's less of a nuisance because she's a side character now. She was a huge nuisance in the Lin/Mike's daddy issue venting story.
>>
>>63797629
>He seems to have an obsession with Lahima but I don't think he's the type to come back to visit for fun.

Well, I'm not saying he just came to visit for fun, but it'd make sense for a lot of reasons unrelated to his trying to catch Korra for him to want to return to Air Temple Island if he's an old acolyte. He admires Air Nomad culture and the wisdom of the past masters and if Aang was his actual master, he'd probably want to look around the temple Aang built where he may have been trained himself. His main reason for being there I think was that he was waiting for Korra and Tenzin to show up though.
>>
>steal bison just to eat them, isntead of train and use them as powerful tools/transportation devices/weapons
>throw in another jab about killing confession bear and eating him

Mike HAS to have his meat is murder bullshit forced into every fucking story doesn't he?
>>
>>63797463
As a fighter, I'm pretty sure her hair would get in the way. She can pull off the up-hair look pretty well, but I agree she does look stunning with her hair down.
>>
>>63797738
you ask to much for him. he only made one successful story and rest is shit
>>
>>63797738

>hunting endangered animals for food
>implying anyone should be okay with that
>>
>>63797738

These pouchers are just thugs. It's quicker to just cash them into right away to someone who wants to eat them on the black market instead of investing time and money to train them, which they might not even know how to do.
>>
Honestly Jinora is WAY too overpowered. Anytime someone is missing/kidnapped/in trouble and they are close to Jinora(so every main character) she can just meditate and find them, and if it's HER that's in trouble she can do that or send spirit animals to get help.

So at this point any time a character is seemingly fucked you know Jinora will get them out with medication
>>
>>63797817

Heck, you're lucky he didn't throw in a line about people in the Earth Kingdom wanting to eat their powdered bison wang for traditional medicine.
>>
>>63797797

Mike didn't write Original Airbenders though, it was Tim

Plus, people act like ATLA wasn't already pro-vegan propaganda.
>>
>>63797805
I was implying that no one would do that, especially not the queen, you idiot. She kidnaps children to train as soldiers, those bison can be highly useful in war. It makes no sense for her character. It was literally just written that way to make meat eaters look like monsters
>>
>>63797817
>>63797855
He sells them to the fucking Earth Queen dude,see>>63797873
>>
>>63797871
>Mike didn't write Original Airbenders though, it was Tim
That's why the dialogue wasn't horrifying like it was in the oen Mike wrote(episode 5)

Mike still contributes to the overall plot, so he probably decided the queen wanted bison just to eat them instead of using them for something she'd actually care more about
>>
>>63797734
At this point we don't know and it could be any number of things. Honestly I like it like that, though I do want to eventually know more about Zaheer, his motivations, and his personality and thought process. With the way some of the dialogue has been written this season I'm worried it'll come out off though.

>>63797738
Wasn't Sokka a meat lover? I can't remember if they ever portrayed that as a flaw.
>>
>>63797873
Didn't our heroes have a banquet that included meat and fish the previous episode?
>>
>>63797873
>I was implying that no one would do that,

Except it actually does happen in real life. Lots of species have been endangered by people killing them just to sell ivory, fur or meat to rich faggots or the superstitious middle class who believes they'll get sexual powers.

>It was literally just written that way to make meat eaters look like monsters

No, you're just being an overly sensitive and insecure /pol/-tard.
>>
>>63797954
>Wasn't Sokka a meat lover? I can't remember if they ever portrayed that as a flaw.
Mike didn't force his daddy issues the way he does now back during TLA. What's your point? That he was better back then because they had a huge team of people contributing and hadn't lost their minds? I agree.
>>
>>63797873
The Earth Queen is fucking retarded though, it's not too ridiculous
>>
>>63797825
>So at this point any time a character is seemingly fucked you know Jinora will get them out with medication
Jinora's all about that herb.
>>
>yfw Henry Rollins plays Zaheer

No wonder he shaved his head and looks exactly like him, lol
>>
>>63797970
Fish don't count as meat.
>>
>>63798003
the spanish dub actor was better
>>
>>63797970

Don't forget Korra's little cook out at the park.

Mike & Bryan certainly favor vegetarianism, but they've never had any problem with characters from other nations besides their nation of Mary Sue Nomads being meat eaters, which is why the point was stressed about Earth Kingdom nobles just wanting rare meat to look fancy rather than eating meat. Heck, the Water Tribes have a shit ton of pelts from animals they've hunted and killed.
>>
>>63797979
I meant that Sokka was a good guy who was unapologetic about eating meat so its not like meat eating is shown as bad across the board, though to be fair its been a really long time since I've seen ATLA so I could be remembering this wrong.

Also there was plenty of daddy issues in ATLA. Toph's dad was overprotective, Zuko's dad was abusive, and didn't Sokka and/or Katara give their dad shit for abandoning them to fight against the Fire Nation
>>
>>63797978
>Lots of species have been endangered by people killing them just to sell ivory, fur or meat to rich faggots or the superstitious middle class who believes they'll get sexual powers.
but they aren't fucking SKY BISON

They don't have the uses that sky bison have espeically to a fucking queen who wants more weapons for war
>>
>>63797873

It's more meant to villianize the Earth Queen. In real life poachers don't kidnap elephants or rhinos to train them or anything, they just kill them and take what's profitable because they give zero fucks. In real life, these poachers tend to be desperately poor, but this never seems to be brought up in any media with poachers, not just Avatar.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if some Earth Kingdom or Fire Nation people actually did find a herd of air bison, managed to tame them, and then started using them as beasts of burden or ranching them for meat (or maybe milk?) since I'm sure Tenzin and Jinora would get butthurt about it, but I think would have to wind up accepting it.
>>
>>63798120

That's just bad writing, it's not a case of the liberal kike media trying to brainwash people.
>>
>>63798157
Keep your head in the sand goy
>>
>>63798127

I guess it is possible that the poachers just kill the bison and sell the meat and the Earth Queen's just like "hey, good eats."

For all we know, she actually does have plans to catch live air bison, but was waiting until she finished training her Airbender regiment.
>>
>>63798120
Rich people will eat something just because it's exotic or endangered. Seems more like it was a jab at the higher classes than it was people who eat meat.
>>
>>63798120

I'm not sure that'd be too practical. Let's say she gets an air bison.

Absolutely no one in the earth kingdom knows how to train one. Or how to fly one.

It's like if you stole an airplane, but had no one to teach you to ride it or a book on how to fly it. Plus, you're a villain and maltreating the plane, so it hates the fuck out of you.

Do you really want to try to fly it using trial and error?
>>
File: y.jpg (83KB, 500x649px)
y.jpg
83KB, 500x649px
>Korra will never sing you to sleep at night ;_;
>>
>>63798262

Tenzin did say that taming a Bison can take years and requires special training
>>
>>63762898

All the kids in The Last Airbender were pretty over powered.

So it's only natural that Jinora be overpowered, especially since she's the granddaughter of the Avatar.

Azula and Zuko also had genes from an Avatar and they were very powerful too.
>>
>>63798262
>so it hates the fuck out of you.
They kidnapped the babies that were able to be tamed. It's like training animals in a zoo, you train elephants when they're babbies, chain them up, and when they're strong enough to break the chains and gain freedom they don't because it's been ingrained into them that they can't. the poachers were kidnapping baby bison because it's not like they could fuck with the adult ones, or they'd just kill those because it's way more meat and fur anyway. So it only shows how powerful the bison could be to someone who wants weapons like the queen. get them when they're babies and have loyal adults
>>
Why were they kidnapping the bison alive anyway? Why not just kill them? Wouldn't that make transporting them easier?

I guess maybe the meat would go bad?
>>
>>63798236

Yeah, when Jinora was chewing out the pouchers, she was made because the bison were endangered. If they were just some deer or some common animal, they'd just be hunters, not pouchers and there wouldn't be anything wrong with what they were doing.

>>63798195

Maybe. The pouchers probably don't butcher them, they just sell it to whoever is buying, who happens to be cooks who want to please an evil queen.

>>63798355

True enough. But the Queen isn't a great thinker or a military mastermind, she's just a bully. If anyone in the Earth Kingdom does think of using the bison as war weapons, it'll be one of her generals, not that overgrown brat on the throne.
>>
>>63798427
The Queen was kidnapping air benders for her army, maybe she wants bison for it as well
>>
>>63798096
>Also there was plenty of daddy issues in ATLA. Toph's dad was overprotective, Zuko's dad was abusive, and didn't Sokka and/or Katara give their dad shit for abandoning them to fight against the Fire Nation
True but it didn't feel shoehorned in like it does in Korra, it was well written and made sense in the sotry and for their character developmetnt
>>
>>63798427

>No refrigeration.
>It could take a long time for them to get to the Earth Kingdom capital.
>Maybe the cooks have some sort of weird feeding ritual they'd want to do before slaughter, like how they make goose pate.
>>
>>63798263
I'd probably have a mile high boner
>>
>>63798427
>I guess maybe the meat would go bad?
Probably. They don't have any way of preserving the meat without ruining it.
>>
>>63798496
>True but it didn't feel shoehorned in like it does in Korra, it was well written and made sense in the sotry and for their character developmetnt

I liked the Lin/Suyin story line. It was a perfect reversal of Toph's issues with her parents and even though I wish Lin didn't get screwed over the way she did I still thought it was entertaining and I was satisfied with it.
>>
>>63798549
Can't they have water benders help with refrigeration?
>>
>>63798579

I just think the problem was Su's voice actress made her sound more smug than they probably wanted her to come across. The Spanish VA was better and helped get across that Su is just a really forgiving person.
>>
>>63798601
They are dirt-poor earthbending poachers not a professional crew.
>>
>>63798601
Freezing & thawing affects the meat, plus that's extra people to hire. Waterbenders are probably in short supply in the Earth Kingdom anyway.
>>
>>63798667
I wonder what happened to the swampbenders.
>>
>>63798605
Definitely agree with that but I still didn't like the story, at least teh way Lin was portrayed as the bad guy. I mean she definitely was for talking to her niece like that but a lot of it was horribly done, like the scene with her at the dinner table. Jesus it waws painful to watch. But yeah the spanish dub ingeneral is surprisingly good
>>
>>63798605
I thought the way she sounded was fitting. Its not uncommon for people who are as progressive as she is to turn out a little smug.

>>63798660
Probably.

>>63798667
I thought they were in the Northern Air Temple? I'm sure its close to the Earth Kingdom given how big it is but you would think they could find one water bender to make things a little easier. If they don't kill them they would have to keep them alive until they arrived in Ba Sing Se.
>>
>>63798263

>Korra will never fuck up everything for everyone you to sleep at night ;_;
>>
>>63798735
>Its not uncommon for people who are as progressive as she is to turn out a little smug.
No, it's actually quite common.
>>
>>63798765
That's what he said. "Not uncommon" = "Common"
>>
>>63798735
>I thought the way she sounded was fitting. Its not uncommon for people who are as progressive as she is to turn out a little smug.

It's just things like the scene where Lin confronts Su, Sterling's voice made her sound like she was almost scoffing at Lin's feelings. The Spanish VA didn't give me that impression.

In fact, I liked a lot of the voices better or just as much in Spanish, except for Korra's.
>>
>>63795688
I thought it was said that they were in prison for like 10 years. According to Tenzin and Korras father saying how Zaheer was looking for her and the reason why she was sheltered so much in the first place.
>>
>>63798784
I was under the impression that most people use the phrase "not uncommon" to mean not as often as "common" but more often than "rare."
>>
>>63773434
no way in hell they'll turn kai with the way the jinora/kai plotline is going
>>
>>63798876

Opal's the biggest candidate for corruption if there is one.
>>
>>63798876
>>63798929
nah kai makes the most sense. it'll be more dramatic and romantic for jinora to turn him back
>>
>>63798876
Kai will end up saving some airbenders/tenzin and get his tattoos at the same time as Jinora. He will get everything despite never growing or learning
>>
>>63798929
Nah, Opal is set up for death to affect Bolin.

Kai is set up for joining Zaheer.
>>
It's gonna be Kai. But then in a dramatic turn of events he'll turn on Zaheer at the last moment to save Jinora or something
>>
>>63798972

Kai's too balanced. He may be a little thieving dick, but it's because of that that he is likely not to be seduced by strangers to the darkside. Plus, he's got Jinora who offers extra protections against evil influences.

Opal's naive, knows nothing of the world outside her home, wants to become a better airbender and wants adventure. And she's too adorable and pure for the show to not ruin her life.
>>
>>63798806
>It's just things like the scene where Lin confronts Su, Sterling's voice made her sound like she was almost scoffing at Lin's feelings.
I think that's in character for Suyin. Lin's problem is that she has a hard time letting things go and moving on but Suyin's is that she does so too easily so from her perspective Lin is being unreasonable.

>>63798818
13 I think. P'Li mentioned it twice and you have to figure the other three were imprisoned around the same time

>>63798830
That's how I was using it

>>63798876
No, it would fit perfectly. If something bad happened to Jinora I could see Kai's rage sending him to the dark side. Jinora would then try to bring him back to the good side and may or may not succeed.
>>
File: Le excalibur face.png (263KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
Le excalibur face.png
263KB, 680x750px
>>63799067
>mfw Kai defeats Zaheer.
>>
>>63789602
>Earth King gave birth
actually, this answers how the queen turned out.. her father is Long Feng
>>
>>63798929
>Implying Korra isn't going to be convinced by their arguments, rebel against Tenzin when he's clearly in the right and join them only to realise in the two part finalé that it was a bloody stupid idea
>>
>>63799184
That'd be kind of cool, but since Korra has had "growth" she probably won't do it.
>>
Eating bear doesn't make you evil, hunters do it every day and humanity has done it for its entire existence.

Neither does conscripting troops, unless you Lincoln was evil.
>>
>>63789602
I want to see Sokka's kid(s), and then just have them being the most well adjusted of the Gaang's children.
>>
>>63799288
Did you really just defend conscription? If you have any basic concept of human rights, you'd conclude that it's wrong.

>Lincoln was evil
I dunno about "evil," but Lincoln was not a nice guy.
>>
>>63799184

Opal's going to be used as a hostage, then Zaheer will charm her and by the time the Krew finds her, she'll be the newest member of the Red Lotus.

>>63799207

It's amazing how little of a character Korra is when she's not ruining everything for everyone.
>>
Wasn't the overarching plot of LoK the journey of Korra from impulsive idiot to spiritual being? Because I feel like she's already matured and developed enough as a character to the point where there's really no point to the show any more, they're literally just throwing random villains at us to create a new plot.

And they haven't even addressed this new plot very much, the exbendables have just been a side thing in every episode and have had little to no effect on anything else that goes on in the show.
>>
>>63799288
>Eating bear doesn't make you evil, hunters do it every day and humanity has done it for its entire existence.
It wasn't just any bear, it was a highly endangered bear that was also her father's pet.

>Neither does conscripting troops, unless you Lincoln was evil.
I think its wrong but I liked it when Bumi interjected with the fact that the Earth Queen has a right to conscript her citizens. Instead of allowing that to affect their actions they all just said fuck it and broke them out anyway though. If the airbenders have a right to choose their life what about the other non-airbending Earth Kingdom citizens who get conscripted?
>>
how do we redeem mako as a character to watch? i love the hard time he's been giving kai, but it's not enough.
>>
>>63799348
Lincoln was a nice guy. Tortured by power and the guilt of a genocidal and slaveowning nation. But what nice guy wouldn't be tortured by that?
>>
>>63799429
>Because I feel like she's already matured and developed enough as a character
No the show just keeps telling us she has. Pretty much everything she has done but save that guy and rescue the prisoners has been a huge fuck up where she has got stuff wrong from fighting the police to trying to take Kai to completely not understanding the Su lin situation and giving up on it. But according to the show she is a problem solver now so likely won't actually develop
>>
>>63799288
>Eating bear doesn't make you evil
But eating your dad's beloved pet is an asshole move especially since she didn't fucking have to.
>>
>>63799429
>there's really no point to the show any more
This is the main issue with Korra. Each season has a seperate storyline and it means that each season feels disconnected and sort of pointless. LAB was a three volume epic, with plenty of time for great pacing and well plotted storylines.

Korra is going to be starting BOOK FOUR soon. Aang only got three books but he felt like so much bigger a story
>>
>>63799441
they should have adressed the political consequences.
"i thought you said there were no airbenders here? well, we're not taking them away on this blimp."

or tenzin declares all new airbenders also possess air nation citizenship. or just korra going 'well, earth queen has the right to do that, but i'm the avatar and rescuing them is the right thing to do so i'll just have to face the consequences'
>>
>>63799475
>Lincoln was a nice guy.
Minus the whole "forcibly ship slaves to Liberia" thing right?
>>
>>63799441
>I think its wrong but I liked it when Bumi interjected with the fact that the Earth Queen has a right to conscript her citizens. Instead of allowing that to affect their actions they all just said fuck it and broke them out anyway though
Legend of Korra in a nutshell:
>Hey, doesn't this villain have a point.
>You're right. Maybe we should consider a compromise of some sort
>Or we could just beat them up! Yay!

It's not the fact that the villains aren't all morally wrong, lots of shows have villains who are actually sort of in the right if you stop and think about it, it's the fact that the writers seem to think that if they have characters point if out then they don't need to address it furhter
>>
>>63790107
Tenzin is a fuck up. He never does anything right
>>
I sort of liked how they're showing Tenzin try to rebuild the Air Nation, but I also sort of wish they'd go more into Airbenders who don't want to be part of Tenzin's nation but still want to develop their talents. I just don't see Opal going full nomad.
>>
>>63799575
>forcibly

And those blacks then proceeded to create a race based aristocracy where they lorded it over the natives for centuries, so get off your high horse
>>
>>63799571
Those are all better than what actually happened.

>>63799591
>it's the fact that the writers seem to think that if they have characters point if out then they don't need to address it furhter
That makes it worse IMO
>>
>>63799524
Each season being it's own separate storyline isn't necessarily a problem. The Toy Story movies, for example, each had their own plots that were both great standalone and as part of a bigger narrative.

But even within each season Korra doesn't really have a core plot. The direction keeps changing and the characters mostly dick around until the villain does something.
>>
>>63799509
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel too. With Korra being portrayed (however unrealistically) as a mature developed adult there's little room for them to develop her further, which is a bit of a turn-off for me since I enjoyed the aspect of character development the previous seasons focused on. Even though Korra was a massive annoying cunt.

>>63799524
Well to be fair, Aang's books were much longer.
>>
>>63799458
Instead of forcing a romance have him act like the protective older brother he was supposed to be in the first place. I thought his pushing of Bolin towards Opal was a nice start.
>>
>>63799644
Just because they did bad things two doesn't mean that Lincoln did not take morally questionable positions. Sure, he was against slavery, but he wanted to kick everybody out.
>>
>>63799288
>Eating bear doesn't make you evil
Eating your father's best friend does. Also bear is shit meat and there's no reason to eat it other than "because I can".

>Neither does conscripting troops, unless you Lincoln was evil.
Conscripting troops is bad, IMO. Lincoln wasn't "evil" but that was a moral failing on his part.
>>
What is the actual legend of Korra?

Hard mode: being a fuck up isn't an option
>>
>>63799716
>complain about buying slaves
>complain about returning slaves

Make up your mind. Do you want blacks in the USA or not?
>>
>>63799716
>two
too*
>>
>>63799740
legend of making everyone think 'oh, that's part of the original show officially...'
>>
>>63799634
>I just don't see Opal going full nomad.
I think it would be neat if she sincerely tried out the Air Nomad lifestyle but then decided it wasn't for here. I doubt they'll do that though.
>>
>>63799744
You're deliberating misconstruing what I'm saying. It's wrong to buy slaves and it's wrong to forcibly kick them out. If they want to return to the lands of their ancestors, then that is their choice to make. The US didn't really buy that many slaves though most were bred.
>>
>>63799429
>Wasn't the overarching plot of LoK the journey of Korra from impulsive idiot to spiritual being? Because I feel like she's already matured and developed enough as a character to the point where there's really no point to the show any more.
The problem is she's just more mature now; it doesn't feel like natural growth. It doesn't really make sense for her to have become less impulsive because that approach hasn't caused her any real problems.
>>
>>63799803
Liberia was founded by freed slaves who were also volunteered.

Slaves liberated from slave ships by Americans and British were also sent there. Nobody was forced
>>
>>63799458
He was redeemed in Book 2. They kind of regressed with the diss to fans making him awkward around Korra nad Asami but he's still decent. Only in book 1 was he a terrible terrible character
>>
Legend of a stupid retard
>>
File: Homer thinking about Korra.png (231KB, 420x320px) Image search: [Google]
Homer thinking about Korra.png
231KB, 420x320px
>>63800763
Thread posts: 523
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.