[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170917_135909.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170917_135909.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
Hi /ck/ just started growing my own vegetables. The first things that are ready to eat are these potatoes.

Can't decide what the best way to cook them is. I want to avoid lots of strong spices and herbs (what I normally cook potatoes with) so I can really enjoy the fresh flavour.

Any suggestions?
>>
Also with the little tiny ones can I get these to re-sprout and plant them or do they need to be bigger?
>>
>>9436763
Potatoes are the worst thing to grow at home.
Try beets and brassicas for the winter
>>
Light a fire, wait until it burns down and you get some nice coals going, wrap potato in foil and put it in the coals. Leave it in there up to about an hour, eat it with a knob of butter and salt and pepper.
>>
>>9436769
>foil
enjoy your alzheimer's
>>
>>9436768
I didn't know potatoes weren't a good option. My uncle gave me some chitted potatoes so I just planted them.

I'll look into beets though thanks!
>>
>>9436769
Sounds yummy. I live in a flat so no fire sadly but I could do something similar.
>>
>>9436779
Good potatoes are dirt cheap but it Takes too much effort to harvest them. Unless you grow them in sawdust buckets!
>>
>>9436810
I just had a bag I grew them in and then tipped the contents out over a big sieve. But I want to try other stuff!
>>
>>9436769
used to do that as a kid when we have an open fire place
>>
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
>>
>>9436763
Since you're wanting to keep it simple, I would roast those in the oven, then serve them drowning in real butter with a pinch of salt. That should give you damn near pure potato goodness.
>>
>>9436779
>>9436810
I would say they are a bad option simply because they can be had year round in the supermarket for as little as 20 cents a pound. Plus you get the important benefit of choosing consistent size and shape, that matters in most potato dishes. You will have trouble cooking those random sizes together. Focus on growing things that may cost more or really needs same day freshness. Having a spice garden is most important.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.