[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would I use one of these instead of a rolling cutting thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Why would I use one of these instead of a rolling cutting thing (obvious pizza expert with my terminology)
>>
>>9435600
makes you look cool
>>
>>9435607
I already am supremely cool

Does one cut better, more uniformly etc?
>>
>>9435620
thats something an un-cool person would say, especially since you're using the rolling cutting thing. maybe you should prove your worth, then we talk
>>
>>9435600
Theyre called Mezzalunas.

You dont need one unless you make handmade pizza all the time nonstop, or owned a store.

Still, you can use it for all sorts of things when slicing stuff up.
>>
File: angry alton.png (161KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
angry alton.png
161KB, 400x400px
>>9435600
>unitasker
>>
It was pretty handy when I worked at a pizza place, but seems kinda unessecary in a single household setting unless you make 12"+ pizzas several times a month from scratch and just really want one. I really don't know why you would get one unless you just thought it was cool. It's a bigger thing to clean than a pizza cutter as well. Might be a pain to find somewhere to dry it depending on how your kitchen is set up.
>>
>>9435600
I've always used the roller things. My parents had one when I was a kid, and I had one as an adult. The one I had broke. I mentioned in passing to my wife that we should get another one, and started using an 8 inch chefs knife. Months went by. She eventually bought another wheel-style pizza cutter from amazon, but in the meantime I had decided that they weren't necessary at all. I currently use the one she bought, but its no better and slightly harder to clean than a regular 8" chefs knife. I only use the thing because we have it. You dont need to buy gadgets for everything when a regular knife works just as well.
>>
>>9435652
>only pizzas can be cut with a big knife
Pizza isn't the only vegetable, sweaty xx
>>
>>9435600
It works like fucking magic. The wheel thing is shit.
>>
>>9435706
Pretty sure he's referring to the pizza cutter "wheel thing" as the unitasker, swette.
>>
And I assume these ones are utter trash?
>>
File: bread and cheese snack2.jpg (164KB, 620x849px) Image search: [Google]
bread and cheese snack2.jpg
164KB, 620x849px
>>9435600
i hate those rolling cutting things, not only do i often need to roll twice per cut but then its easy to miss the old track and make a half-assed cut in the middle of the slice

many of the rolling cutting things have a wobbly wheel too and they are a "pain" to wash unless you have a washing machine or a dishwasher (woman)

personally i just use scissors. it's fast, comfortable and you cut only once. easy to clean. no risk of rolling through the cardboard either.
>>
easier to clean
>>
>>9435600
speed
>>
>>9435600
More durable, can exert more force without it breaking.
>>
>>9435600
If you're making 100+ pizzas per day, you'd probably want one.
>>
>>9436338
one such a thing is still missing in my kitchen knife collection and I can't eat 100+ pizzas a day. Wat do?
>>
>>9435600
that thing looks like it would be so satisfying to use
>>
>>9435600
>Why would I use one of these instead of a rolling cutting thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMaLNSBjaY
>>
>>9437107
god damn it japan

3:41, lulz
>>
>>9435600
Cuts better, more uniformly, and a good one will stay sharp forever. I have a mezzaluna I bought probably 15 years ago, and it's still sharp as fuck, and I use it routinely
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.