[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name ONE food better than white rice. You can't. This shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: rice.jpg (83KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
83KB, 1280x800px
Name ONE food better than white rice. You can't. This shit tastes good and literally goes with anything you make. Truly the greatest food ever made by man.
>>
Plain white rice is terrible, has no taste.

>inb4 "it's what you serve it with"
Right. Then I'm enjoying the taste of what it's served with, not the rice. The white rice is unnecessary.
>>
purty sure jesus made rice
>>
>>9431643
>worse than sugary drinks
Lmao you can't actually believe this, right?

>>9431644
Put salt on it. Wow that was so hard
>>
>>9431644
If your white rice tastes like nothing, you need to stop eating American white rice undercooked in a pan.
>>
>>9431644
Stop buying uncle bens dumbass
>>
>>9431641
Ever tried it with just some salt and turmeric? That shit is the best, it doesn't need any more than that to be my favorite food.
>>
itt people who've only had 2-3 varieties of rice when 2000+ exist
>>
Who /salt+butter/ master race here? Nothing else is needed to make rice 10/10.
>>
Brown rice.
>>
>>9431868
Brown rice is only good when you boil it in a stock
>>
>>9431872
brown rice is only good when you are the kind of animal who becomes tasty stock.
>>
>>9431641
Middle eastern and indian flatbreads. It has its own taste and tastes great with other things
>>
>>9431641
Black rice.
>>
When I was a kid I LOVED while rice. I'd top it with soy sauce and/or butter and could happy eat it alone every day.

But now I can't stand the stuff: I'm the least picky eater there is, but there's something about the total blandness of white rice that's nearly nauseating. That I've been traveling in South America for the last +6 months so have had it served with EVERY SINGLE MEAL certainly hasn't helped.
>>
mix that shit with brown sugar and milk. Great for breakfast like oatmeal. Especially uncle bens because it plumps up so nicely.
>>
File: better than rice.jpg (110KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
better than rice.jpg
110KB, 616x462px
>>9431641
White rice with brown beans
>>
When I worked in a Chinese restaurant, I always felt bad for the Mexican dude that had to make the rice. Our boss was perpetually bitching that it was too sticky, or too dry, or whatever. I always thought, "what the fuck, it's just rice, it tastes fine to me."

A couple years after I left, I'm in a restaurant eating some American rice dish, and it occured to me, "this is the blandest, most tasteless fucking rice I've ever had." I'll be damned if that Chinese bastard didn't turn me into a rice snob.
>>
>>9432626
>last +6 months so have had it served with EVERY SINGLE MEAL certainly hasn't helped.
You are bored with it.
Try white rice and butter ground beef.
>>
>>9431652
Or cook it correctly, i.e. with salt.
>>
>tfw white rice with cinnamon
>>
>>9431646
That sounds more right
>>
File: IMG_20170607_181116.jpg (163KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_181116.jpg
163KB, 1200x1600px
>throw a few bay leaves in when I cook my rice
>guests always ask how I make my ricr taste so good and say that they thought rice was flavorless
>>
>work in a Japanese restaurant.
>Three free meals a day
>Always rice
>Breakfast is often bacon eggs and rice
>Dinner is sometimes fried chicken.
>>
File: 636112406087998560-88.png (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
636112406087998560-88.png
5KB, 250x250px
>>9431641
>>
>>9431641
Brown rice. It's white rice but better in every way.
>>
Question

Is it worth it to buy a $150 weeb zojirushi rice cooker?

The $20 aroma one I be now is decent, but I'd spend the money to get better
>>
>>9437500
In my experience they are fairly binary.

The ones with the lift-off lid like a normal pot don't do a very good job.

The ones with the hinged locking lid that seals with a gasket do a much better job.

There is a 3rd class of them, which are limited to the higher end models of Zoji and Tiger. Those have an even higher pressure setting but I have not had a chance to use them yet. Some of those cost nearly $300.
>>
>>9437500
It's obviously better. But do you need the extra features?
>>
>>9437516

I don't plan to bake cakes or clean jewelry in it

Just walmart brand jasmine rice
>>
Basmati rice is best rice
>>
Gookfag here,

My mom switched to Basmati rice a while back cause of its lower glycemic affinity, but it looks and tastes so fucking dry and crumbly every time. Then I've had similar looking grain from middle eastern restaurants and somehow their shit is superior in texture and taste. The grain was still dry and look crumbly, but its mouthfeel was the opposite - softer and moist. So did my mom prepared it wrong?? She does her rice the same other grains, and they came out fine.
>>
Potatoes
>>
>>9437528
I have a Zojirushi. It cooks perfect rice every time, but the downside is that it takes like, 45 to 60 minutes. The nonstick finish is 2 years old and still going strong. I made a cake in it for shits and giggles and it turned out pretty good. If you do like >>9437512 says and get a rice cooker with a locking lid, with the addition of a nonstick basin, you'll be all set. You don't really need a $130 Zoji, just get like a $40 Aroma
>>
>>9437625
Try jasmine
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.