[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to ask, Organic or GMO? http://www.strawpoll.me/13668711

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

I have to ask, Organic or GMO?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13668711
>>
>>9281728
heirloom that you grew yourself. store bought tomatoes are mealy, flavorless trash, organic or GMO
>>
>>9281756
this is the answer.
i only have yellow pear this year, or i wouldn't buy any supermarket tomatoes.
>>
>>9281756
You're right, any tomato from a grocery will suck ass but there are some good hybrids that are the result of Mendelian crossbreeding and not the GMO lab gene manipulated, so I wouldn't say "only heirloom." Jet Star and Better Boy are both decent hybrids. Also, buying from local farmers at a farmers market will usually be good. Heirlooms have the benefit that you can save the seed and do your own selection for improving your plants.
>>
>>9281756
fpbp, your thread is over OP. Although I've found the supermarket near me sells some heirloom maters that are pretty good. They're a real life-saver living that college life with no garden.
>>
>>9281756
Mostly because the organoleptic compounds form when the plant is stressed. Photooxidative fragmentation of carotenoids for example. You get less productivity and yield for flavor
>>
>>9281728
There's no such thing as a "GMO" tomato. They don't exist, you stupid fucktard.
>>
>>9281728
Organic is better for you (though pricier), but we absolutely need GMOs to feed our ridiculously expanding population.
>>
>>9282275
>Organic is better for you
no it isn't
>>
>>9282275
>ridiculously expanding population
You mean the one in India and China? Maybe they should just learn to use a goddamn condom.
>>
>>9282295
So, you're suggesting that eating foods regularly coated in pesticides is healthier than eating foods that aren't?

Have you always been this mentally challenged?
>>
Organic because they usually favor flavor while GMO usually favors looks/marketability. I wouldn't care if they tasted the same.
>>
>>9282305
Mostly yes, but it's more than just those two countries. And we're not exactly doing a great job meeting the global need for food versus the rate of population growth.
>>
File: 1479752210436.jpg (56KB, 346x427px) Image search: [Google]
1479752210436.jpg
56KB, 346x427px
>>9282311
>he thinks organic crops dont use pesticides
>>
>>9282354
>he doesn't understand the difference between natural pesticides and man-made-chemical pesticides
You gotta try harder than this little fella
>>
File: 1034959221.jpg (152KB, 690x682px) Image search: [Google]
1034959221.jpg
152KB, 690x682px
>>9282363
>thinking organic pesticides is somehow magically safe for humans.
>muh manmade
David avocado plz..
>>
I just happen to eat none of these regularly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetically_modified_crops
>>
>>9282363
Man made = bad and "natural"= good?
Yeah, you sound smart
>>
>>9282354
Small and medium sized organic growers don't use broad spectrum pyrethrins which are the nasties. Those were rammed into the USDA organic certification by your friendly big agri so they could continue the same scorched earth monoculture under the "organic" label. Your small local guys are not using it and anyone growing their own organic gardens for personal use don't use them. Stop pretending that local organic growers are the same as Monsanto and ConAgra. You just sound stupid.
>>
File: for real.png (288KB, 542x529px) Image search: [Google]
for real.png
288KB, 542x529px
>>9282311
>coated in pesticides
>feed meal worms non-organic grains and carrots
>they're breeding nicely
>>
>>9282363
>>
The dirty 12 is all you should care about if you're some left coast pesticide fuck up.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/dirty-dozen-fruits-and-vegetables/
>>
>>9282810
>broad spectrum pyrethrins

I think I bathed my cat in that shit. Is he now non edible?
>>
>>9282965
>EWG
How about an acceptable source instead of an environmentalist luddite blog project maintained by SJWtards?
>>
>>9282986

Sorry I didn't proof my source. Find that shit if you can't I can't do it right now. There are some veg that absorbs herbicides at a greater rate. I'm not fucking with you, this is a thing. Find out of you want, or just eat what you want. I don't give a shit who gets cancer anymore.
>>
>>9283001
>shifting the burden of proof
In other words: you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just shitposting. Way to admit defeat.
>>
>>9283016

I totally don't know what I'm talking about and I'm shifting whatever you said. I was giving you something to research you stupid twat. Honest to god you must have noone around you but enemies, right? You need to hate everyone I assume?

I was telling you to look into absorption rates of glyphosate and other herbicides and pesticides, and you get all pissy for some reason. Why are you pissy?
>>
>>9283016

My Aunt has Borderline Personality Disorder. It's marked by seeing everyone as an enemy, sharp outbursts and irrational anger.

Are you in therapy?
>>
>>9283016

Are you around, buddy? I kinda wanted to hear your story.
>>
>>9283016

So you just cower when people see who you really are then? That's very pathetic, but not unexpected.
>>
>>9283048
You ger blasted after implying residues are substantial enough to illicit cancer and now you're gonna move the goalposts and project your buttmad and brainletism? Let me laugh even harder. Absorption and accumulation are old news to most children who learn about them in grade school. There are even pesticides that are pharmacologically designed to bioaccumulate in plants upon soil injection. The dose still makes the poison regardless of whether it hurts your feelings.
>>
>>9283053
>>9283088
>>9283117
[projection intensifies]

Looks like I hit a nerve. Tell us more about your insecurities.
>>
>>9283152

Yeah, you're awesome man. You figured it all out. Nothing like being a boring douche trying to toss it back in my face, right? Projection! Bro.

The most important part is you don't give up. Double down and get more upset!
>>
>>9283147

You honestly sound like a child.
>>
>>9283164
>>9283167
Never meant to trigger you, snowflake. Now keep spamming projections and /b/ tier insults. I hope some day you'll grow up.
>>
>>9283181

Yeah, pretending you're not the snowflake is great work. Keep typing everything you're typing. You're better than HBO. It's like watching the DSM-V come alive in front of me.
>>
>>9283181

I keep talking to you filth, and in the morning I forget you and forget why. Just the dull garbage of life you need to deal with in the morning. Think about what you offer to people, what you're said, what you can do or think. Are you even worth living?
>>
File: xGbYmLg.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
xGbYmLg.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>9282375
>>9282503
>>9282842
>t. people with no experience in agriculture/gardening
Ah, you guys are always good for a laugh, thinking that """Weed-B-Gone""" and a capsaicin-based pesticide (or pest-eating bugs like ladybugs) are all the same. You guys are silly
>>
>>9283209

neoniconoids rock bro!
>>
>>9283183
>>9283203
So that's what you tell your autism doctor when he complains you aren't taking your meds. You should take his advice.
>>
>>9281728
homegrown tastes the best
>>
>>9283224

Autism, I wonder if that isn't what most of you fucked up people say before you end up offing yourselves.

You're just so programmed from the websites you visit. Autism, bro. It's so autistic. You don't even listen to your own shit these days.
>>
>>9282956
Except i don't believe in a GMO- free market: our population will absolutely rely on GMOs and, frankly, they're one of the best ways to feed the most people.

So, good try i guess (you at least got the "hippie" part right)
>>
>>9283248

why can't you fucking idiots separate GMO from herbicidal and pesticide poison. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Oh fuck. I hope you all die from cancer.
>>
File: 1488956408545.png (1KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488956408545.png
1KB, 400x400px
>>9283248
>>
>>9283238
Today's special: word salad
>>
>>9283266

Leave it to a 4chan gibble to need stage direction for dialogue. I'll pen out my treatment for you dipshits next time.
>>
File: episode-image-320x180.jpg (23KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
episode-image-320x180.jpg
23KB, 320x180px
>>9283255
And i didn't say that they were: i was replying to an anon who posted some dumb picture about GMOs and an "appeal to nature." Maybe you should try gathering a bit of context before replying?

>>9283258
That's because I'm making a point different from yours. Different things are different, wow!

>>9283262
I'm sorry, is English not your first language? Or is reading just a new concept?
>>
At least you people have good company. Enjoy yourselves.
>>
File: watermelonpainting02.jpg (811KB, 1280x843px) Image search: [Google]
watermelonpainting02.jpg
811KB, 1280x843px
If the watermelon you used to eat looked like this, then you can MAYBE complain about GMO. For everybody else, shut the fuck up and just eat your goddamn food.

t. geneticist
>>
Literally all plants, fruits and vegetables have been genetically modified.
Go see the corn they had during the Mayan era.
>>
I can't wait for CAS9 to get ahold of all of you genetic mistakes.
>>
>>9283285
>That's because I'm making a point different from yours. Different things are different, wow!
Yet you wrote
>So, good try i guess (you at least got the "hippie" part right
Get that memory loss checked out.
>>
>>9283308
So many solid arguments to be made against anti-GMO zealots and you post this bullshit? That's hollow heart disorder, which is believed to happen due to inadequate pollination.
>>
>>9283344
Ok. Let's get this out of the way: are you actually mentally challenged?

In anon's image, they had a Pokemon labeled as "hippie." I was referencing solely that one facet of that one image in my statement. Do i need to slow down for you here, fella?
>>
File: 1419491053851.png (19KB, 395x405px) Image search: [Google]
1419491053851.png
19KB, 395x405px
>>9283209
>still thinking organic farmers dont use pesticides
>>
>>9283374
The point of posting the image was to demonstrate you're making the very same style of arguments used by anti-GMO activists, among other retards like anti-vaxxers. I see the Downs syndrome is working out great for you.
>>
>>9283001
>>9283048
>>9283053
>>9283088
>>9283117

Fucking retard
>>
>>9281728
>Thread appears on /ck/ about organic food
>Brace for warzone
>>
>>9281728
>Organic or GMO
>Or
The GMO label is just a fucking bullshit way to make food more expensive for the most part. I only say for the most part because they're at least right that GMO exists.
Only that it exists.
Oh, and also they really shouldn't put anti-biotics in food because spreading them every where fucks with their usability as anti-bitoics

Think that's about it.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.