[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I overbrined a pork loin. Like, double the salt I should've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: pork_brined_sliced.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
pork_brined_sliced.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
I overbrined a pork loin.

Like, double the salt I should've had (2 cups/gal rather than 1), and left it in the brine for like 11 hours.

I did TWO of these, like a jackass. I roasted one last night and it basically tasted cured like a ham.

I've got the other that I removed from the brine at the same time, but has still been sitting in the fridge all saturated with the brine for another night.

What's the best thing I can do with this? The best thing I can think of is a really sweet barbecue sauce and grilling it slow.
>>
You can always wash it then soak in water to get that salt out. Or if you're bold, air cure it in your fridge. Pat it down every couple of days for a while until it dries nicely.
>>
>>9280613
>Or if you're bold, air cure it in your fridge.
I am bold.

This is interesting.
>>
>>9280613
>>9280620
Actually nah this sounds like a pain in the ass.
https://honest-food.net/gird-your-loins-lonzino/

I might soak it, there is a LOT of salt in this loin at this point. It balanced well last night when I had it with very low-salt cauliflower mash and roasted peppers and onions.
>>
>>9280629
All good. I think if you just washed it, you'd be able to get a less salty product.
>>
>>9280605
Dice it and use it in a soup or stew but let the brine season it. Cook and taste. If you already doubled down on brine you probably will need few seasonings.

Or just wash 'em and turn them into tacos.
>>
>>9280646

This use it in some dish and leave out the salt you'd normally add. Preferably in some stew so the salt can slowly leach out of the meat over time, otherwise you have super salty meat and totally bland potatoes and carrots.
>>
>>9280646
>>9281181
>pork loin stew
This is an extremely strange thing I never thought of.
>>
>>9281199
Yeah, normally a stew would be ideal for tougher, cheaper but stronger tasting meat. But before one throws the meat away ...
>>
>>9281181
>>9281210

Personally I'd cut the meat into chunks, brown them a bit and make a stew with mostly diced potatoes (great at absorbing salt), some onions, carrots and leeks and stock. Season with pepper, rosemary, marjoram, nutmeg, pepper. At the end I'd add some powdered potatoes (for instant mashed potatoes, blender doesn't work too well in those cases) to achive the right creaminess/thickness of the stew
>>
File: spoon-feeding.jpg (82KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
spoon-feeding.jpg
82KB, 584x389px
>>9281219
Fucking shit is already cooked, browning is superfluous. Do you even cook?

What the fuck do you think browning is going to do in a stew you retard?
>>
>>9281235
>What the fuck do you think browning is going to do in a stew you retard?
Add lots of flavor, dickhead
>>
>>9281241
>browning adds flavor
It adds texture, that would float off in a soup or stew.
>>
>>9281248
No it adds flavor.

You've never seared or browned something in a pan and then made a sauce from the pan bits?
>>
>>9281252
You mean deglazing? And now you're talking about sauce and not the meat?

Bait...eaten. You know nothing.
>>
>>9281261
You're dumb
>>
>>9281248
>browning doesn't add flavor

Have you ever cooked with meat, poultry, or tofu before?
>>
>>9281289
No I've only cooked fresh lettuce and vegetables.
>>
>>9281235
>>9281248
>>9281261
>>9281306
Is it you, "luthier" guy? You're slowly but surely becoming a cancer on this board.
>>
>>9281333
I cook and I also shitpost, deal with it.
>>
>>9281351
Real shitposts should at least elicit a chuckle, or an eye roll. At worst they are totally beside the point.

You are simply shitting up a sometimes helpful but at least amusing board by spewing your ignorant opinions and unwarranted insults.
>>
>>9280605
Soak in milk for a while. It should help.
>>
>>9281360
>milkpork
You people make me sick
>>
>>9281358
In my opinion you're a cock juggling faggot.

Is that better?
>>
>>9281360
Served with jellybeans
>>
>>9281534
>>9281362
That's how you unsalt salted cod, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>9281550
I doubt it would work normally with pork.
>>
>>9281550
Pretty sure you just soak it in water for a long while
>>
OP here I'm going to do this
http://www.food.com/recipe/bavarian-pork-tenderloin-stew-139893

Only I'm considering swapping out the chicken stock, or at least half of it, for beer.

Sound good?
>>
File: picUNdvho.jpg (109KB, 618x494px) Image search: [Google]
picUNdvho.jpg
109KB, 618x494px
>>9282000
Damn trips.

It's gonna look like this hopefully.
>>
>>9282003
I made the stew.

Some tips if you want to try this

>brown the pork in the pot ALONE then take it out and add onions/garlic
I steamed the outside of my pork, not browning. To compensate I added a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.

>substitute a half cup of beer for half the chicken stock
>don't skin the potatoes skin is good faggot
>maple syrup instead of sugar is fucking good
>the brined pork added a ton of flavor to the stew that would not have been there otherwise
>everything worked out better than expected
>>
>>9280605
How much brine would you use normally? Recipe?
>>
>>9282765
it's not about how much but the concentration of salt and sugar per gallon.

I used twice as much salt as I needed.

Also ~11 hours is on the long end for pork tenderloin. It really barely needs 6
>>
>>9282765
>>9282772
oh but the brine recipe, FYI I don't measure (obviously)
>salt
>sugar (maple syrup or honey is better for flavor)
>bay leaf
>garlic (smash it)
>black pepper(corns)
>clove
>strong cinnamon
Clove, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon would be great for the pork I thought (and was right) because it almost gives you hints of that applesauce taste inside the pork.

Because I overbrined the salt and flavors from the brine seeped back into the stew and gave it a great flavor.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.