[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pull up a cooking video to watch and learn. >Person handles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 876675463335.jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
876675463335.jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>Pull up a cooking video to watch and learn.
>Person handles raw meat then grabs spice jars with same hands with out washing.
>Puts spice bottle back with out wiping it down.

Why do people do this on like 9/10 cooking videos. Do they not fear cross contamination when they later handle veggies or anything else that needs spice?
>>
Provide an example, i've never seen this before.
>>
For example they're making meatballs then they grab the spice jar. It happens so often I cant unsee it now.
>>
>>9279364
>MUH food poisoning boogie man meme
i handled raw beef today and didn't wash my hands anon. guess what? I'm doing just fine
>>
salt is such a powerful dessicant that I don't think may bacteria could live inside a salt shaker.
>>
File: couch.jpg (105KB, 601x598px) Image search: [Google]
couch.jpg
105KB, 601x598px
>>9279391

Yeah but if you touch the spice bottle it transfers to the bottle and you leave behind bits of meat on it. The bacteria will fester and colonize on the surface of the bottle.
>>
File: AJ1.png (568KB, 650x470px) Image search: [Google]
AJ1.png
568KB, 650x470px
cross-contamination is a meme fostered by soap companies in order to increase profits
>>
>>9279393

But what about on the outside of it.
>>
>>9279364
If your meat is unsafe to eat raw, you shouldn't be eating it at all.
>>
>>9279402
Unless you have HIV you can eat some bacteria and not die.

I'd be more concerned that somebody washed their hands before handling my food, rather than them handling raw meat with clean hands.

Most foodborne illness is due to people not handwashing, and smearing feces particles on everything they touch, not from inside the raw meat.
>>
I do that all the time OP. It's just such a pain in the ass to wash your hands five times in 10 minutes. I haven't died yet so I guess its not that big of a deal.
>>
>>9279409
Meat can be safe to eat raw but it still wouldn't be a good idea to get it on random things in your kitchen without cleaning
>>
>>9279398
Then guess what happens? Your body develop an immunity to it. By shielding yourself from this bacteria you never developed an immunity to it. Then, at a job interview, you shake my hand and get that bacteria. Now you're late for work because you're sick and I've gotta fire you.
>>
I do this and have never gotten sick. Fight me
>>
File: Zzorro.jpg (179KB, 597x596px) Image search: [Google]
Zzorro.jpg
179KB, 597x596px
>>9279450

I accept your challenge.
>>
>>9279364
Most people have no business handling raw meat. It's very difficult to not spread the free poodoo that comes with it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10664978
>>
I wear vinyl gloves anytime I handle raw meat and cook all meat to kill toxoplasmosis

Haven't been sick in many years
>>
>>9279971

I should add that I was vegetables, etc., with antibacterial soap
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.