[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have access to a licensed sidewalk food cart. It's current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I have access to a licensed sidewalk food cart. It's current configuration a small cast iron griddle and two full size steam tables. However, the griddle can be removed making it three steam tables. I'm leaning toward selling nachos because it's pretty much my favorite comfort food. What do you guys think?
>>
>>9276710
What your favorite food is doesn't matter at all in this context. What matters is what your customers will want, and that's difficult to discuss since you didn't bother to mention anything about your location.
>>
>>9276710

Who the fuck wants to eat nachos on the street?
>>
>>9276722
Just another average Midwest town. I can tell you this though, the single busiest food truck in our area offers tasty (but nothing even approaching "authentic" Tex-Mex).
>>
>>9276765
midwest? sell fentanyl and nachos
>>
>>9276771
Sloppy Joe's are my back up plan.
>>
>>9276710
> steam tables
> nachos

Steamed nachos doesn't sound very appetizing.

How are you going to melt the cheese, how will you keep the sour cream cold, what are your customers going to do with the plates? There's a reason most street carts, the ones that I've seen anyway, sell stuff that gets wrapped in a thin little sheet of paper -- it's cheaper and more easily disposed of, or crumpled up until there's a trash can nearby. (Or just thrown on the street, of course.)

But look at it this way: you can try it, see if it's a hit, and then switch to something else if it doesn't work out. If you have leftover stuff, you can eat it yourself.

Personally, if I were to try something like this, I'd do a "food truck" with Szechuan dumplings. I can get a great recipe for them (there's also one posted by HeartsOnFire that I haven't tried but looks good, and of course is very similar), they're cheap and easy to make, and they're not common-as-dogshit tacos and burritos. All it needs is a cooler to keep them chilled until it's time to make them, and then a boiling pot of water to cook them in.
>>
>>9276803
>Steamed nachos doesn't sound very appetizing.
It sounds like shit.

What OP needs is to convert his 3 stations into the following:
1) deep fryer, so you can serve freshly made chips for your nachos. That also helps you with space since you can store corn tortillas much more easily than you can store already cooked chips.

2) Steam table, to keep your queso melted, s well as any other toppings or salsa you might serve hot.

3) A cold section for your sour cream and your cold toppings.
>>
>>9276803
Steam tables simply use steam to keep pans warm. Although you can with the use of perforated pans, there is no need to actually introduce steam to your food product. The cheese would have to be a warm queso variety. I make some kickass cheese sauces. There is limited amount of room for cold items. Sour cream, guacamole, etc would either be pre-portioned into soufflé cups or dispensed from squeeze bottles. The paper tray is not an issue, although it does add to the cost. The overwhelming majority of street foods here are served in some sort of paperboard container.

The dumpling idea is interesting. I had not considered it, but I could easily boil water on the cart as well.
>>
>>9276822
Unfortunately, the city will not allow a deep fryer on this type cart.
>>
>>9276882
Sounds like it's time to upgrade your cart!

Seriously, having a deep fryer on hand is awesome. It lets you prepare a variety of different foods fresh-cooked with a minimum amount of time and hassle. Nothing draws customers like fresh cooking they can smell. And the fryer can be used for all sorts of stuff. You could offer things like taquitos or stuffed peppers alongside your nachos. And if the nacho thing ends up being a bust you can use it for all kinds of other cooking too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.