[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stubbs BBQ uses Sysco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 20170807_120638.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_120638.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Authentic Texas BBQ LOL!!!!!!
>>
>>9272749

What the fuck are you on about?

Sysco delivers kitchen supplies and generic condiments and shit. Literally has nothing to do with the content or quality of their sauce.
>>
>>9272759
All their meat, produce and sauce ingredients are sysco brand. Nerd.
>>
>>9272806

All I see is a sysco truck, so for all you know they could be delivering cleaning supplies.

Prove it or you're the nerd.
>>
>>9272749
Who cares? As a bbq sauce and venue Stubbs is dogshit.
>>
>>9272749
*Liberty Lunch
>>
>texan restaurant buys its supplies from a texan company
How exactly is this a problem?
>>
lawdie atx represent
>>
It always makes me LOL when people who have never worked in a restaurant before assume they have any idea what the type of service Sysco provides. Literally clueless.
>>
>>9272880
Agreed man.
>>
>>9273028
What do you mean your restaurant doesn't have its own farm and grow all of their produce in 100% organic soil from the decomposed bodies of your forefathers?

This is horseshit, I'm going to Denny's.
>>
Do you think they fucking have a farm out back of the store?
>>
>>9273483
No, but I would expect them to source higher quality ingredients.
>>
>>9272898
>>9273028
>>9273483
Sysco is what hospital cafeterias and the little deli in corporate offices use.
>>
>>9273496
Is Stubb's suppose to be high quality? Wasnt bbq suppose to be the garbage parts of the food?
>>
>>9272806
>All their meat, produce and sauce ingredients are sysco brand.
[citation needed]
>>
>>9272749
>American BBQ
>Smoked meat with corn syrup sauce

GIMME MO SUGAR FOR MUH MEATZ
>>
>>9273538
I can't prove it but why woudlnt it all be sysco?
>>
>hey guys this shitty bbq place has shitty bbq
shocker of the fucking century

get the fuck off red river and find some real bbq
>>
>>9273548
Because sysco's meat and produce sucks, whereas they are perfectly fine for other things the restaurant might need.

The place I work at now (currently sous chef) buys stuff like cleaning supplies, napkins, silverware, glasses/plates/etc, table condiments, kitchen towels, to-go boxes, and similar from Sysco. We also buy certain bulk ingredients from them like sugar, salt, white vinegar, and oil for the deep fryers. But chef gets our actual ingredients from other places.
>>
>>9273580
Thats good to know.
>>
Christ, if I had a restaurant that was going to rely on Sysco for supplies I'd be too embarassed to put the key in the lock and open the door. Fucking pathetic. Biggest indication the place is shit when you see one of those trucks in the parking lot.
>>
>>9273612
>If I had a restaurant
I bet you don't with that kind of shit opinion
>>
>>9273580
Sysco has tons of quality stuff. You have to ask about it. If they do not carry something you need they can talk to brokers etc and get what you need. All of their produce is not crap but you have to know what to get from them and what not to. I don't recommend using them as a sole produce supplier. They have access to plenty of quality proteins but let's face it more places purchase cheap shit as opposed to quality shit. Sysco is far from the best but definitely not even close to the worst. Anyone who sits here and says food products from Sysco = shitty restaurant really has no fuckin clue what they are going on about.
>>
>>9273612
Says the nerd in the basement eating shitty ramen
>>
>>9272749
>Stubb's
>Authentic
>Texas
Nigga...
>>
>>9273612
>if i had
>if
keep livin in ur head bro
>>
ITT: People who have never seen the inside of a restaurant kitchen act like self-righteous morons.
>>
Any evidence their meat is from Sysco?

>>9273496

Stubb's is not considered top notch BBQ anymore. Still, new school places like Franklin who use Creekstone Farms brisket will get the rest of their non meat supply from restaurant supply. Don't be ignorant.
>>
>>9273529
I've worked in many different types of kitchen, and there's always something ordered from sysco.
>>
File: download_20170313_183747.jpg (132KB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170313_183747.jpg
132KB, 2048x1530px
>>9273944
this!
>>
Everyone buys from Sysco.
>>
>Implying Stubbs is Good/Reputable Texas BBQ
>>
>>9272806
Sysco doesn't produce anything idiot. They're a food service company that takes other brands and sets up a one-stop shop for restaurants, schools, factories, etc. Learn2supplychain.
>>
File: p-8699-07_the_melvins_jh.jpg (2MB, 2511x3318px) Image search: [Google]
p-8699-07_the_melvins_jh.jpg
2MB, 2511x3318px
Speaking of Texas BBQ, what are the must go spots? I live outside houston and get a week of paid vacation this year. My plan is to go into central Texas for a week to check out some caves, remember the Alamo, and eat BBQ. I'll be alone, very low impact and slow vacation. I plan on staying in probably San Marcos, as it is in vicinity of both San Antonio and Austin. Where should I go? I'll probably make a thread about it.

I went to Stubb's and it was ok. A little pricey and too "fancy" for a BBQ joint, imo. I saw Melvins play that weekend, can't remember if they were playing at Stubb's or somewhere else, but I think it was at Stubb's.
>>
>>9275393
i dont even know anymore. rudy's sucks. stubbs sucks. franklins has that pretentious line outside, wont bother to try it.

i always liked Ruby's on 28th and guadalupe or close to there.
>>
>>9275393
Go to Lockhart and try Kreuz, Black's and/or Smitty's.

If you'll be down near San Antonio/San Marcos anyway, try the original Salt Lick in Driftwood. In Austin, I like Micklethwait or La Barbeque. Black's is pretty good to, but I prefer their Lockhart location.
>>
>>9275393
>city market in Luling
>black's
>Kreuz
>Smitty's
>Hay's in San Marcos
>Cooper's in New Braunfels
>>
Wouldn't surprise me. If they're big enough for me to find their sauces in a Walmart in another state then they could be using Sysco.

On a side note, what ever happened to BBQ KING? Did he die?
>>
File: Putin.png (910KB, 1076x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Putin.png
910KB, 1076x1062px
>>9275393
>very low impact and slow vacation
I don't understand what this means.
>>
>>9273541
how do you feel about hoisin sauce
>>
>>9273455
Stubbs had a bad year with their BBQ sauce plants...
Blame global warming.
>>
>>9275393
the salt lick in driftwood is great. cash only though, and byob
>>
>>9275559
It means what it says, shit for brains. It's a vacation that's slow and low impact, as opposed to fast and high impact. If you don't understand what is meant by "impact," then perhaps you should go to a website created by other peasants from whatever 3rd world hellhole you crawled out from and shitpost in your native pidgin tongue.
>>
Hating Stubbs.
>>
>>9273529
Like I said, literally clueless.
>>
>>9275629
What would a high impact vacation entail? What's being impacted? English speaker here and I agree that the phrasing was weird.
>>
>>9276723
>What would a high impact vacation entail?

A busy schedule crammed with far too many things to do:

-Get up early as fuck to catch a flight
-Rush from the airport so you don't miss the first of several scheduled tours
-Rush home from the tours so you can make your dinner appointment and then the nightclub afterward.
-Get up early for another tour. Then take the ferry to the next country over. Sightseeing tour, then visit the museum. Have to hurry though, wouldn't want to miss the "authentic" cookout planned that afternoon. Leave the cookout early so you can make the concert you got got tickets for. Next morning get on an airplane again. Now you're off to the next big city on your packaged tour (visit 8 major cities in only 6 days!)....

>>What's being impacted?
You. your schedule. You're trying to do too many things in too little time.
>>
>>9275526
The old black guy on the bottle?
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>
>>9276798
Nah.
Some namefag who used to post here.
Had autism.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.