[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diet discussion thread? saw a few diet food threads so i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: BrusselsSprouts.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BrusselsSprouts.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
diet discussion thread? saw a few diet food threads so i don't think this belongs in fit as it has no working out involved in green text
> over eat like crazy
> be on no meat diet for close to two weeks
> lose a few pounds over the first 3 days just by not snacking while i'm bored
> eat only vegetables
> go to bed hungry
> plateau. very little weight reduction.

> bring badly made lunch to work two days ago
> steamed brussel sprouts, green beans, carrots, rice, covered in sriracha
> throw out lunch and get panera. my first cheat day
> 900 calories in one meal ( large broc cheese soup no bread bowl )
> get home, stomach rumbling, eat cheese sandwich with 4 slices of cheese

> next day wake up to over a lb lost, biggest decrease since i started

i assume this is because i met my tdee but was below my basal metabolic rate.

tldr i didn't believe the tdee meme and was starving myself everyday eating boiled cauliflower and then saw the most weight decrease when i met my daily tdee
>>
File: DietCoke_12oz.png (160KB, 300x516px) Image search: [Google]
DietCoke_12oz.png
160KB, 300x516px
also i was drinking at least 3 cans of diet coke a day and switched it out for flavored sparkling water. diet coke doesn't have any sugar, and i don't really care about the aspartame cancer thing, but i think this helped because i read somewhere that fake sugars can make you have more of a sweet tooth. i was also eating chocolate and sour patch kids all the time before i dropped diet coke. my other reason for diet coke is that it started to royally fuck up my teeth all of a sudden after years of drinking it
>>
>>8529486

>over a lb lost
>one single pound

A single pint of water weighs a pound, anon. Take a shit and you end up a pound lighter.

That's not enough weight lost to actually show anything about anything.
>>
>>8529486

What is it you want to discuss? Food and dieting is so simple...just have less calories out than you have calories in (genetic fat fucks need not apply).

I'm reaching my early thirties and can see my fast metabolism slowing down. Plus I like to drink good beer, so that doesn't help weight. I started getting a bit of a beer belly and fat handles. I started getting on our stationary bike at 5am, because evenings are for hobbies and beer drinking.

My diet consists of pretty healthy food. Eggs and toast, oatmeal, or a sandwich for breakfast. Soup, sandwich, leftovers for lunch. Dinner is generally a meat/starch/vegetable combo, with no more than 8oz of meat per serving. Often mixed with curries, stews, ramen style soups, meatpies...

I don't often snack, and when I do, it's a couple of biscuits, some nuts and chocolate, or fruit and caramel sauce. Never soda unless I feel like a bourbon and coke. Water or iced tea at restaurants, if not beer or wine. Occasionally swap a side salad instead of fries.

Just moderate, you fat fuck.
>>
File: 1466331891709.png (245KB, 402x417px) Image search: [Google]
1466331891709.png
245KB, 402x417px
Intermittent fasting.
>>
>>8529495
Nondigestable sweeteners DO fuck with your sweet tooth. Here's why:

Aspartame, sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, and the like are all hundreds to THOUSANDS of times sweeter than sucrose. This is good for the food companies in a lot of ways: they spike your blood sugar just as though you're ingesting calories, making you crave more, they're sweeter than sugar, so sugar no longer does the trick for your cravings, and they are massively cheaper than real sugar due to them being engineered and the very small amounts that are necessary to sweeten things.
>>
>>8529486
Nigger weight fluctuates daily, the amount of water and shit in your body.
>>
>>8529849
>they spike your blood sugar just as though you're ingesting calories
Not true, one of my best friends is diabetic but loves soda, and drinks lots of diet soda (he's type one and thin before any of you go memeing). He would be dead if this were true.
>>
>>8529486
>met my tdee but was below my bmr

Nigger you what? TDEE>BMR by definition.
>>
>>8529861
>memeing
Fucking millenials really are this dumb.
>>
>>8529936
>meme is a culturally shared concept
>the fact that diabetics are fat is a culturally shared concept
>thus diabetics being fatasses is a meme
>>
>>8529495
diet coke has aspartame in it. you do know that most flavored sparkling water is either
>sweetened with real sugar (more empty calories)
or
>sweetened with aspartame
its literally the same thing as diet coke, but without the added dyes that go into coke
>>
>>8529849
Yes they are sweeter. Its why the stuff you get in drinks use much much less that the sweetness = regular sugar
>>
>>8529486
Brusslet Sprouts smell like farts.
>>
>>8529557
>>8529592
Explain this to me
>>
>>8529849
>>8529861
I'm curious about this. I'm a type 1 diabetic. I'll do a fasting blood glucose test with diet sodas one of these days. Now's not a great time because I'm tweaking my basal insulin dose.
>>
>>8531420
>>8529861
my sister is type 1 and drinks diet sodas regularly, and since i calculate and give her her insulin myself i can confirm diet soda has no effect on blood sugar
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.