[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So an Hmart opened near me recently, is this place any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: gook mart.jpg (87KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gook mart.jpg
87KB, 600x450px
So an Hmart opened near me recently, is this place any good?
>>
>>8528002
Kind of related to your post - A Lidl opened near me a while ago, and I went in for the first time today. Lovely shop/
>>
Yup, at least the ones around me are.

Good selection of Asian produce and meats/fish

Lots of rice and noodle choices as well. I'd recommend a medium or short grain rice as they'll have good prices on those in large bags.

My local one has a rice cooker and random Japanese/Korean appliance section. They sometimes have decent deals but generally amazon will be similar or cheaper.

Overall I go about once a month.
>>
>>8528002
yeah they have the largest selection of veggies and other non veggie plants based food. they have a huge seafood section too and a lot of good drinks that you cant really get anywhere outside of korea/china/japan. good instant rames as well
>>
>>8528013
Don't forget about the frozen treats. I didn't know the Japs made decent Popsicles and ice cream.
>>
>>8528002
cheap ass veggies, have sales pretty often which is nice
>>
Probably my favorite Asian grocery.

Fantastic and fresh produce with a great selection, good meats and seafood, huge variety of Asian foodstuffs/snacks/sauces from multiple different cultures, cheap appliances, and a pretty good Korean food court. Love it.
>>
Good, clean store with excellent beef and produce. Prices are higher than normal Asian stores though. You're paying for that janitor.
>>
Kind of on topic, why is it that Safeway/Vons have such fucking awful poultry? It tasted like it was soaked in oil and was even "organic".
>>
>>8529504
Don't know. US poultry is abysmal in general since the chickens are breed for size and not for flavor. Kinda like tomatoes in that regard.
>>
>>8529512

This. Supermarket poultry sucks. A great alternative is to get chickens from an Asian market. They usually have what they call "Buddhist style" or Vikon chicken. Those are actually bred for taste. They have less breast meat compared to a supermarket chicken but lord are they tasty. Plus they are usually sold head-and-feet still on, which makes for god-tier stocks and sauces.
>>
File: 1464585653501.jpg (20KB, 419x315px) Image search: [Google]
1464585653501.jpg
20KB, 419x315px
>fucking georgia, north carolina, ILLINOIS get an hmart before florida
a-at least I have publix and illinois doesn't
>>
>>8529512
Disgusting. It's practically impossible to cook these fat fucking titties they call chicken breasts all the way through efficiently without just baking them.
>>
>>8529526
I live in a boomburb with like a 80% white population. We don't have any quality meat stores or ethnic markets at all except for Vallarta. I might as well go fucking vegetarian at this point.
>>
File: 1472091426036.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472091426036.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8528002
It's amazing

Want something Asian? Want it to also be good? Go to H-Mart

>tfw going to Diamond Jamboree H-mart after dinner then snagging some pastries at 85*
>>
File: rancho markets.jpg (103KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
rancho markets.jpg
103KB, 500x369px
anyone else feel uncomfortable walking into an ethnic store as a white guy?

i went into a mexican grocery store once. everyone stared. UNCOMFORTABLE.
>>
I go to the one near Chicago. There's a large selection and it's fun, but the things aren't very fresh. I go on Saturdays and the broccoli is always half-rotting, so maybe they restock on another day. Last week, the heater was running in the chicken section, so all the chicken was warm. There's a pile of blue crabs, crawfish, and shrimp you can scoop up. There's old ladies cooking and handing out samples.
>>
>>8530956
I'm Asian and I go to large Mexican markets. I feel the stares but I just think "yes, I am here to take your freshly made tortilla chips and insane produce deals"
>>
>>8530956
>being this much of a beta
lol wut?

>>8529530
Belive me there is nothing they do any better in regards to chicken, I've been to five countries and the best chicken I've had was at a small Iowa farm where they fed the chickens malted corn and molasses for the last two weeks before slaughter.
>>
>>8528002
this pic the hmart in irvine?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.