[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Im going to be in santa monica tomorrow wheres a great place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Im going to be in santa monica tomorrow wheres a great place in LA to get a lobster roll and fried seafood type stuff?
>>
>>8525724
>eating seafood
Does American really do this?
>>
>>8525735
Yes, as a matter of fact. To my knowledge most costal cities around the world eat some form of SEAfood. What rock did you crawl out from under?
>>
>>8525735
I'm not American but could you possibly develop cancer and die painfully? Thanks.
>>
>>8525738
It's easy to get the erroneous impression from lurking /ck/ that "American" means having the food preferences and political opinions of landlocked flyovers.

That's because if you express preferences for food that doesn't consist of deep fried gobs of HFCS and pasteurize-process cheese food, you get a bunch of people posting OBSESSED and calling you a foreign traitor.

In landlocked states they don't really enjoy seafood, it's considered pretentious, disgusting, and politically suspect.
>>
>>8525745
>it's considered pretentious, disgusting, and politically suspect.

wrong, they dont eat it cause "wheres the nearest ocean?" comes to mind when you want some seafood which means its not fresh and probably full of preservatives or imitation meat all together
>>
>>8525749
Except it's current year, meaning almost no commercially available seafood is "fresh" other than live animals like oysters, etc. It's almost all frozen at sea, so there is no logistical reason why landlocked flyovers shouldn't want to devour seafood. It's just that they're too busy patrolling their own community for signs of "progressive" (un-American) tendencies such as embracing eating habits that weren't common in the average factory worker's home in 1953 Muncie, Indiana.
>>
Sorry, lobster rolls are more of a san fran area thing, and obviously even those aren't as good as in Maine.

Get some roscoe's chicken and waffles instead!
>>
>>8525745
Where do you people get this shit from man, really it's just mindboggling. Nobody gives two shits if you order seafood in any restaurant in any state in the country. The freshness or lack thereof is the only thing that might be considered off putting.

I've read some stupid ignoring shit on this board but this is among the most idiotic of them all.
>>
>>8525754
>seafood is progressive
It's funny to me that you think anyone thinks that.
>>
>>8525895
hes just an oversensitive libcuck
>>
>>8525895
Says the guy who thinks how much MacDonald's and HFCS a person eats is a litmus test for how patriotic they are
>>
File: V4uOpqo1.jpg (24KB, 354x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
V4uOpqo1.jpg
24KB, 354x354px
>>8525754
>all this libtarded whining

>all of this winning
>>
>>8525724
I wouldn't eat a lobster on the Westcoast. Go east for that.
>>
>>8525724
Don't go to Bubba Gump on the pier, it's overpriced and mediocre. Honestly, the best seafood place I know of is Boiling Crab. The closest one is near UCLA, which is about 20 mins from Santa Monica.
>>
>>8525724
Wrong side of the country bud
P.s go north a few hours for something semi decent
>>
>>8525946
Once again, that's an odd thing to think people think. I certainly don't. It's almost as if the vast majority of the population doesn't associate food with politics to an appreciable degree. Thanks for this lovely tableau of austism, though.
>>
Slapfish in Huntington Beach is good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.