[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you cook with your microwave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: talking-microwave-1[1].jpg (36KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
talking-microwave-1[1].jpg
36KB, 525x525px
Do you cook with your microwave?
>>
>>8522531
occasionally.
>>
I use it as a tool for cooking, yes. It's good for thawing and reheating. It also can boil water real fast.
>>
>>8522531

I do not have one and do not want one. Microwave ovens are a punishment for being in a hurry.
>>
>>8522535
What if you want to heat up some food you made in batches for the week ahead?
>>
I cook popcorn in one of those things. Hides the smell of weed throughout the house.
>>
I used it to reheat things or cook ramen from the little ten cent packages some times. Also for heating water. Now no matter what I put into it, it's like a lightning storm in there sparking and smoking and I don't know why. It's unusable though as it is. It's a shame because it's not even a year old.
>>
Only for reheating leftovers and melting butter
>>
File: muffin-or.jpg (47KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
muffin-or.jpg
47KB, 480x468px
We boil about 10 cups of water a day for tea in the microwave.

I BOIL WATER IN THE MICROWAVE - DEAL WITH IT.
>>
>>8522540
Use a goddamn kettle you cretin
>>
no, i heat food with it.
>>
>>8522531

>cook

Hardly ever.

I've done things with eggs and bacon, but I hardly ever do anything other than heat up things.

Water, butter, cheese, bread, leftovers. Warmed up.

I've cooked chicken but I don't care for the result.
>>
>>8522531
Yes. It and steaming are the best ways to prepare frozen veggies to retain their nutrients.
>>
>>8522535
This. I've never had one. To me they're depressing. Where do you see them? The kitchens of shit restaurants and sad workplace break rooms. Growing up my mother had one and nothing good ever came out of it. I saw no purpose in having one. Over the years friends and family have given them to me, they sat on the counter for a month or two, then were given to someone else. I just don't get the point of them.
>>8522536
I find good pot with a lid over low heat reheats leftovers perfectly. But most days I'm cooking from fresh because I enjoy cooking, so I usually build the time to do so into my daily routine.
>>
nope I use a pressure cooker
>>
>>8522667
>>8522535
Same, microwaves are depressing and food should make you happy
I occasionally use the one at work to bring the bottled water up to room temperature (ice cold water is horrible) but otherwise never touch the things. I'd rather be homeless than have one under the same roof as me
>>
The only things I use mine for are reheating "wet food" sorts of leftovers (soup, stew, etc) and steaming veggies. Oh, and thawing blocks of pre-made stock or sauce.

>>8522667
>I find good pot with a lid over low heat reheats leftovers perfectly.

That certainly works but it's slower, creates more dishwashing, and takes more energy than the microwave does.
>>
>>8522667
I don't really cook in mine.

Reheating leftovers is the real best use of a microwave. Saves time & cleaning pans/pots
>>
>>8522676
They're also a relic of another time when people valued efficiency over food quality. That ethos fucked up American food pretty hard during the 20th Century.
>>8522678
>>8522683
One kitchen appliance I do have and use on a daily basis is a dishwasher. That particular 20th Century gadget is useful as fuck, unlike a microwave.
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA.png (2MB, 1832x1734px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHA.png
2MB, 1832x1734px
I reheat food all the time. Unless you portion and cook for one, which I assume OP does, leftovers happen and unless your a wasteful asshole you'll eat those leftovers.

Plus less dishes; a paper plate + homemade food + microwave = less water use in the dishwasher and sink, less soap and more time for you because you're not cleaning dishes.
>>
>>8522531
I use it to thaw frozen meat and vegetables before cooking them on the stove.

The only "cooking" I do in there is making frozen meals when I don't feel like washing pans.

>>8522533
>>8522540
>>8522616
>>8522657
>>8522619

You can use an auto-drip coffee maker to heat water, just wash it out first.
>>
>>8522850
>Coffeemaker can heat water as fast as a microwave
nah, I can steep a teabag faster in the micro than if I run brew temp water out the frothing wand
>just wast it out first
pffffffhahah

I mean as far as boiling water goes I usually use the stove but that's just because I want to work with it and keep heat on it. I really only make tea with microwaved water, though I'm sure it's fine for 12 cent ramen too. There's no reason to sperg out.

I made spaghetti in there one time when the gas was off
>>
>>8522540
You're putting metal in it. Never put metal in it. Obviously a troll though, that's why I'm the only mong falling for your bait
>>
>>8522531

I steam veggies and warm up old coffee with it
>>
no

i should get rid of it, it just takes up space
>>
>>8522903
No. That is my point. I am not putting metal in it. It even does it when I turn it on empty. It is broken you jackass. Learn to read.
>>
>>8522531

Yes.

>Tortilla from costco
>Cheese
>drizzle with ketchup and sriracha
>throw on pickled jalapeno
>ham
>45 seconds in the microwave
>Fold into taco shape
>wa la

Dinner in literally 2 minutes. I'm a great cook.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.