[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fast would the culture surrounding beer, wine, and liquor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: getty_rf_photo_of_white_wine.jpg (32KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
getty_rf_photo_of_white_wine.jpg
32KB, 493x335px
How fast would the culture surrounding beer, wine, and liquor and coffee and tea wither away if they no longer had alcohol or caffeine in them?
>>
Well I mean with beer and wine it is literally the fermentation process that gives them flavor, they simply wouldn't exist without alcohol, so those cultures would be nonexistent.

I like tea and coffee regardless of whether or not it has caffeine. In fact, I only have coffee probably every couple of days because I don't like being caffeine dependent like a lot of people. So I would still drink those regardless of whether or not they gave you a buzz. And I prefer white tea the most because it has little caffeine.
>>
>>8516737

I would still drink coffee if it didn't have caffeine, but I wouldn't be happy it was gone...
>>
>>8516737
>drinking tea for caffeine
>>
>>8516737
>beer, wine, and liquor

Can't speak for coffee, but for those three alcohol is embedded in their definition. So, that culture would disappear entirely. They can't exist without the alcohol component.
>>
>>8516763
black tea has roughly the same caffeine as coca-cola
>>
>>8516749

>it is literally the fermentation process that gives them flavor, they simply wouldn't exist without alcohol

/thread

OP was obviously trying to be edgy and act like people like these things only because of the alcohol, but the truth is you can't have one without the other.
>>
>>8517466
>not abusing stimulants = having bland taste
30 mg is plenty to wake me up. Sorry you've built up a tolerance because you have no self-control.
>>
historically speaking the beer that most people drank had a very, very low alcohol content. they made it to have bread in juice form, not to get drunk.
>>
>>8517462
>>8516749

OP is asking a theoretical question, and you autists are arguing semantics
>>
>>8518680
It's not semantics. Without the yeast fermenting the ingredients in beer it would tasty like malty and slightly bitter water. There would be no 'beer' flavor at all, nor would there be any carbonation.

So even without alcohol, the flavor aspects would be missing and it would not be beer.

Same goes for wine and liquor
>>
>>8518640
that and also, atleast for wine, the process purified the water used.
allowing you to have clean water.
>>
>>8518682

that is semantics you dipshit
>>
>>8517462
You're obviously just a literally autistic retard who can't into hypotheticals.
>>
>>8518733
where exactly do you think we are
>>
Beer, wine and liquor faggots would keep pretending that there are random flavors in their garbage.

Coffee would be only drunk by tryhard babies.

>tea without caffeine
wow what a loss
>>
I would probably drink considerably more coffee, probably the same amount of tea.

I would sip delicious coffee all day if it wouldn't completely trash my ability to think and sleep.
>>
>>8516737
Beer, wine, and liquor would still exist, but they would be niche interests like lacto-fermented vegetables are today. People would drink them from time to time maybe, but most people wouldn't be that interested in them, like pickles in sandwiches or olives or whatever. A few people would still be really into making them at home.
>>
>>8516737
If it wasn't for alcohol, I would have gotten lot less pussy.
>>
>>8518733

>They're arguing about yeast, but they're using words to argue so it's an argument of semantics

It isn't an argument of semantics, it's a semantic argument, because you have to use text to have an argument on the internet.

Ironic how the guy who is spouting "muh semantics" has contributed least to this thread.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.