[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lemon Juice in Cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: lemon-juice.jpg (50KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
lemon-juice.jpg
50KB, 700x469px
Help me out here /ck/.

Anytime I follow a recipe that calls for lemon juice and I add the correct amount the food ends up being way too sour.

For example, yesterday I cooked this Chicken Piccata
http://foodwishes.blogspot.sk/2011/04/prick-your-tongue-with-chicken-piccata.html
It calls for 1/4 cup lemon juice which is 60ml in normal units.
I ended up adding only about 40ml but the sauce came out incredibly sour, the lemon was overpowering all other flavours.

As I said earlier this happened to me many times.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I too sensitive to lemons? Are my lemons super potent?

pls help
>>
add some baking soda in it, that neutralized the acid
>>
>>8515712
1/4 lemon juice seems a lot

I mean, were you stingy on the butter? because that would balance it to a degree.

Maybe just get your recipes from somewhere else.
>>
>correct amount
Don't stick rigidly to recipes at the expense of your food...
If the lemons in your area are more sour than other lemons, use less of it.
>>
>>8515712

use less lemon juice

>>8515723

don't do this shit
>>
what are some good recipes that use lemons?
>>
>>8516028
Eat them raw and laugh when people grimace when they watch you.
>>
>>8515723
I know a lot of places tell you to do this, but I feel it leaves a weird aftertaste and you lose some of the lemon flavor.

I feel you are better off adding a small amount of sugar to hide the sour taste, instead of baking soda to neutralize it

to each their own, though. try both
>>
File: Dawww Lemon.gif (2MB, 279x211px) Image search: [Google]
Dawww Lemon.gif
2MB, 279x211px
>>8516031
Feed them to babbies
>>
use less juice, and add some zest if possible. You may be dealing with not so great lemons.
>>
>>8515712

>whenever I cook with lemons, it's too sour
>how do I make it less sour

Oh man, this board sometimes...
>>
>>8515712
>Am I doing something wrong? Am I too sensitive to lemons? Are my lemons super potent?
did you drain your capers nicely? vinegar adds to sourness
>>
You should always check the flavor of citrus. Its flavor will vary to incredible amounts throughout the year. I used to buy produce. Always pissed me off when chefs would come up to me saying they wanted meyer lemons and blood oranges when season hadn't even really started. You don't want them. They taste like shit. Wait another month and then you can put it on your fucking menu and it will be half the price.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.