[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /ck/ feel about Anova immersion sous vide? Was given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

how does /ck/ feel about Anova immersion sous vide?

Was given pic related for Christmas. So far the food has been fantastic
Pros:
>keeps the temp +/-.5 degrees for a few hours
>uses pretty much any pot
Cons:
>the recipes on the App are lame

Everything I've cooked has come out pretty great once i figure the right time/temp out. The eggs are literally amazing.
>>
File: 1359301414973.jpg (129KB, 1312x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1359301414973.jpg
129KB, 1312x2000px
>>8499728
isn't that the one that has the spyware app that you can only control via the facebook bug on your NSA listening device? yeah fuck that. get back to me when I can cook without having Zuckerberg and General Hayden sell my secrets to the Israelis
>>
>>8499747
no i didn't get the wifi one. Mine ca be operated by bluetooth but i just use the manual controls on the unit.
>>
>>8499747
oh my fucking god
>>
I think this and Chefsteps Joule seems pretty interesting actually.

I want one.
>>
>>8499798
read the consumer reports. some of them let water seep up into the electronics and they die a premature death. Seems Anova is the way to go.
>>
Rules for 24+ hour slow cooking of collageny meats. I use mine for pork shoulder all the time.

Haven't had much success with lean meats or vegetables to make it seem worth the hassle for those.
>>
>>8499811
Damn, that sucks. I'm kind of rooting for those guys because their youtube channel is pretty good.

Another worrying aspect about the Joule is that it can only be controlled from the app? What will happen when they stop updating the app?
>>
File: Costanza army cook.jpg (38KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza army cook.jpg
38KB, 960x719px
>>8499937
> Another worrying aspect about the Joule is that it can only be controlled from the app?

Why the fuck would you own a device that you can ONLY control via the internet?
>>
>>8500010
because whatever focus group designed it realized that the prime market was hysterical futurist retards who think that their toilets need to have a "like" button next to the flush lever and probably will play with sous vide for about two days before getting bored and returning to their diet of soylent and calorie mate
>>
Oh hey, its that one overpriced thermometer I saw at Target.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.