[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well, we are fucked innit? http://www.bbc.com/news/health-3868 0622

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: werefucked.png (767KB, 854x986px) Image search: [Google]
werefucked.png
767KB, 854x986px
well, we are fucked innit?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-38680622
>>
>>8497746
everything causes cancer.
>>
>>8497746
ban non-padded corners
>>
Brown (as opposed to gold) for bread is burnt, burnt food is carcinogenic. We figured this out a while ago
>>
This is just getting stupid as hell at this point. I quit artificial sweeteners and that's the only food related thing I'm quitting.
>>
>>8497746
We're all gonna die anyway. Eat anything you find tasty.
>>
>>8497753
It's literally "don't eat burnt food". Also artificial sweeteners taste like ass anyway.
>>
>>8497770
Brown toast and potatoes aren't burnt you nimrod. That would be black toast and potatoes.
>>
These foods aren't killing me fast enough.
>>
I'm a final-semester food science student currently. I learned about acrylamide production due to the degredation of asparagine when subjected to heat the first semester of my freshman year.

Why is this news?
>>
>>8497747
Best advice is to kill yourself before anything else can
>>
>>8497752
This. It's nothing new.
>>
>>8497746

You can live to 150 if you give up everything that makes it worthwhile.

Fuck it. Just enjoy your life and accept that it's going to end.
>>
>>8497956
Wow! Amazing!
Would you like a gold medal?
>>
>>8498051
Don't bully. Nearly finishing his studies might be his only achievement
>>
>>8497746
breathing air even in a small town is a potential cancer risk

just live your fucking life and eat what you want

smoke if you want it, you'll most likely get an early lung cancer, but who gives a shit, you could also have gotten ran over by a car when you were 2
>>
>>8498039
This, and even then it's not guaranteed. I could get hit by a speeding truck or murdered tomorrow. I'd rather just enjoy the time I'm alive.
>>
>>8498161
God, I wish someone would murder my wife
>>
>>8498162
You could just get a divorce if you're that unhappy. What's wrong with her?
>>
>>8497746

>some shit buzzfeed tier website with no credibility
>artice starts with "Scientists say" and "cancer"

These fucking bullshit marketing articles give you more cancer than toast and potatoes ever will.
>>
>>8497746
>food scientist
kek
Wearing high heels cause cancer says foot scientist
>>
>carefully avoid gluten, cholesterol, E numbers and HFCS
>get hit by bus
>>
>>8497746
I'll buy that. It's known that grilling/searing meat exacerbates it's carcinogenic properties for awhile by creating similar chemical compounds.
>Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, or poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame. In laboratory experiments, HCAs and PAHs have been found to be mutagenic—that is, they cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer.

>HCAs are formed when amino acids (the building blocks of proteins), sugars, and creatine (a substance found in muscle) react at high temperatures. PAHs are formed when fat and juices from meat grilled directly over an open fire drip onto the fire, causing flames. These flames contain PAHs that then adhere to the surface of the meat. PAHs can also be formed during other food preparation processes, such as smoking of meats.

>HCAs are not found in significant amounts in foods other than meat cooked at high temperatures. PAHs can be found in other charred foods, as well as in cigarette smoke and car exhaust fumes.

>The formation of HCAs and PAHs varies by meat type, cooking method, and “doneness” level (rare, medium, or well done). Whatever the type of meat, however, meats cooked at high temperatures, especially above 300ºF (as in grilling or pan frying), or that are cooked for a long time tend to form more HCAs. For example, well done, grilled, or barbecued chicken and steak all have high concentrations of HCAs. Cooking methods that expose meat to smoke or charring contribute to PAH formation.
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet
>>
>>8497956
>food science studies
What are some of the most surprising/essential things you learned over the course that you think every lay person should know?
>>
>>8497746
Fuck it.
I enjoy bits of black roasted/toasted food.
Guess i will also enjoy cancer then.

Good Riddance!
>>
>>8497746
>food scientist

The same guy that said butter is bad for you?
>>
>>8498051
Just using my college career being almost over as a measurement of time.
>>
>>8498018
Just remember that the food industry makes money by selling you water and air. Don't be a dumb consumer.
>>
File: IMG_1069.jpg (202KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1069.jpg
202KB, 1600x1067px
>>8498224
Inside is yellow :)
>>
>>8497746
I don't like untoasted bread(unless it's fresh baked), but I don't like burnt bread either. I keep my toaster set so that it's just barely crispy on the outside and still moist and chewy on the inside.

I think I'm fine.
>>
>>8498881
:0
>>
Every second of existing eats at your life force.
No matter what kind of person you are, you are also a biodegradable plastic bag discarded in the woods in bumfuck nowhere. Have some rain on you, have some sun on you, get trampled, get shat on, get cancer; you are born with an expiration date.
>>
>oh no, I suppose i should stop eating burnt toast otherwise I will get cancer
>*goes back to smoking, drinking, taking drugs, sunbathing, eating processed meat, eating junk food in general, never exercising and living near a busy road*
>>
>>8498018

But I don't wanna kill myself, that's a sin. I want everything else to kill me instead and it's not happening fast enough.
>>
>>8499071
the depressing thing is that a plastic bag lasts a lot longer than we do kek
>>
>>8497777

You are literally, chemically incorrect.
>>
https://fullfact.org/health/how-dangerous-burnt-toast/

Literally not a problem.
>>
>>8497746
Fuck it, cancer it is then.
>>
>>8498051
wow rude
>>
File: 1426548043314.gif (1MB, 285x242px) Image search: [Google]
1426548043314.gif
1MB, 285x242px
SCIENTISTS WARN THAT ENJOYING THINGS WILL KILL YOU ONE DAY, ADVISING TO EAT WHATEVER TASTES WORST TO YOU EVERY DAY
>>
>>8498224
Just remember that the food industry makes its money by selling you water, air, and ideas (like organic). Don't be an idiotic consumer. Buy ingredients and make your own food.
>>
>>8498693
Nope. Food scientists aren't nutritionists.
>>
>>8497746
We've known this for decades. You better avoid delicious, barbecued meat too if you're scared about cancer. Pop science articles designed to induce fear need to go away.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15072585
>>
File: 1428988550423.jpg (24KB, 314x318px) Image search: [Google]
1428988550423.jpg
24KB, 314x318px
>>8497956
>Food science

Really nigga. You couldn't even get into biosci, the most pleb STEM major?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.