[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Yorkshire pudding the UK's one and only decent contribution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Is Yorkshire pudding the UK's one and only decent contribution to world cuisine?
>>
Bread and butter pudding is good too.
>>
The British empire established and worked global trade routes that brought exotic ingredients and recipes to every corner of the civilised world, while the industrial revolution enabled virtually every modern technology from refrigeration to air travel.

Without the UK you'd be eating gruel at this time of year, and by candlelight.
>>
>>8497711
So... yes?
>>
File: Chicken_tikka_jalfrezi.jpg (264KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_tikka_jalfrezi.jpg
264KB, 640x632px
>>8497661
No, we also invented good curry.
>>
>>8497661

>Ignoring London broil
>Christmas pudding
>Roast beef
>mint jelly
>posset
>blancemange
>Worcester sauce

What are you, some kind of Amerifat?
>>
>>8497719
With the exception of Worcester sauce, which is really an inferior version of fish sauce, all disgusting.
>>
>>8497711
The industrial revolution started in the Benelux and the spice routes were established hundreds of years before the first inbred Angle decided to dip his toes into the water
>>
>>8497829
>"angle"
>inbred
Thanks for exposing your pathetic level of ignorance and confirming that I can dismiss your entire post as crap.
>>
>>8497869
I'm sorry if a banterous colourful adjective offends you, silly little fuck.
>>
>>8497829
>The industrial revolution started in the Benelux
WE
>>
>>8497728
>roast beef
>disgusting

Hang yourself.
>>
>>8497719
London broil is American lol
>>
better than lard gargling "add 6 cups of sugar and butter to this passata" americans.
>>
Like you'll get a worthwhile answer. This site is just full of Americans with no culinary experience outside of fast food. Asking them for their opinions on any cuisine you can't microwave is like asking a dog about quantum physics.
>>
>>8497728
They're nothing like each other.
>>
>>8497829
>The industrial revolution started in the Benelux

No. Belgium was the second country to industrialise, and the work was originally driven by an Englishman.
>>
>>8498212
This
>>
>>8498212
This. Americans are literally the least knowledgeable cooks in the West. I only go to regional Europoor sites for actual food discussion, here is where the bants are.
>>
>>8497719
For one, London broil is not a particular dish but rather simply a way to cut beef for presentation. Secondly, despite what Wikipedia will parrot at you, it is unknown in the UK altogether, especially because the word "broil" is wholly unused in Commonwealth English.

And 'blancemange' [sic] is not British, either. It originated in the SIcilian city of Modica during the Emirates period. The use of almonds, rosewater, fish gelatin and rice so on are telltale of its Sicilian-Arab origins. The earliest known description of the dish comes from the court of Matilde of Canossa whose cooks prepared the dish for Pope Gregory the VII and Heinrich IV of Franconia at Heinrich's coronation in 1084.

Normans conquered the Emirates in 1072, discovered the dish (along with others) bringing them back to France and, eventually, carrying the dish to Britain. The earliest known mention of the dish within the British sphere of influence dates from the late 1300s.
>>
I guess us americans just aren't ready for the culinary genius that inspired you to create amazing dishes like haggis and lutefisk. A lifetime of taco bell couldn't prepare my body for the atrociously disgusting things you put in your mouths.
>>
File: AFW-fishchips4.jpg (4MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
AFW-fishchips4.jpg
4MB, 3072x2304px
>>8497661
Fish and chips.
>>
>>8497661
>failed pancake batter muffin
>contribution
Anon, I...
>>
>>8498310
Operative word here is "cooks". You can EAT a lot of foreign food in the US, but people generally don't bother to learn anything about it.
>>
>>8498430
>All that food you can eat in America spontaneously generates rather than being cooked by someone
>>
frying everything
>>
>>8498592
Its spontaniously generated at the McSoybean processing plant and shipped out to goy nationwide
>>
>>8497661
Nah m8. This is our best contribution.
>>
>>8497913
WUZ
>>
>his country has a monarch

Top cuckery
>>
>>8498328
>lutefisk
Scandinavian.

And thanks for spamming fast food at the rest of the world and calling it "cuisine," Amerilard.
>>
>>8499050
Please be American.
>>
What about their alcohols?
>>
>>8497661
>Chicken tika masala.
>Chicken korma.
>chicken Jalfrezi
>Full English breakfast
>Banofi pie
>Sandwiches
>Cheddar cheese
>Ice cream
>Cadbury milk chocolate
>Eccles cakes

They all go nicely with Yorkshire puds
>>
>>8499640
>Victoria sponge
>Spotted dick
>Jam rolly polly
>Creme Anglaise
>Steak and kidney pie
>Deep fried Mars bar
>Lardy cake
>Pease pudding
>Shortbread
>Kentish ale
>Somerset cider
>Cornish pasty
>>
File: bfwllngtn.jpg (1MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
bfwllngtn.jpg
1MB, 2500x1667px
Beef Wellington is pretty good

admittedly I can't think of anything outside of that. Maybe scotch egg, but then again maybe not
>>
File: typical_bong.png (203KB, 735x996px) Image search: [Google]
typical_bong.png
203KB, 735x996px
>>8499640
>>8499661
Taking random credit for Indian, French and Middle Eastern inventions. The only one I'll grant you out of those is the Sandwich, which is awfully close to a non-invention.
>look guize i put cucumber inbetween slices of crustless bread
>woooo woooohoooo
>>
>>8497661
Puddings in general. I haven't met a pudding I don't like (this includes blood pudding).

But Yorkies are special. The form they take - not by design, but by nature - begs to hold delicious gravy. If muffins did this, I'd eat them with gravy too, but they don't. Only the yorkshire pudding does this, and for that I will die of cholesterol poisoning.
>>
>>8499671
How could a country outside of the UK invent Cheddar Cheese?
>>
>>8499671
All British inventions fuckwit. Along with
>pancakes
>apple pie
>chocolate bars
>fish and chips
>mince pies
>Pork pie
>Sausage roll
>Sparkling wine
>>
>>8499689
There's some indication that lasagne is a British invention too.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.