[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite Spirit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

And why is it Absinthe?
>>
It's rum
>>
It's tequila.
>>
>>8497365
Where do you get Absinthe? Not Pernod, not the same
>>
>>8497380
There's Lucid, it's a brand that follows traditional distillation and recipe. It should be available in the US. There just wasn't any nice pictures of it.
>>
>>8497380
There's a Canadian brand called Taboo but it's kind of shit.
>>
>>8497371
White, spiced, dark?
>>
It's gin.

>Absinthe
God that shit fucks you up. That is a WEIRD hangover.
>>
>>8497391
That'd be the natural stimulants in the herbs I bet.
>>
>>8497365

It's not. Absinthe taste like shit. It was only ever popular because it was strong and cheap. I like tequila.
>>
>>8497400
You aren't meant to drink it straight eh? Also no, it became popular because of a period where the grape crop failed in France resulting in the price of wine skyrocketing.
>>
>>8497390
not the op, but
white>spiced>>>dark
>>
>>8497385
>>8497388

I actually like Pernod, in small amounts. With some icewater it turns milky white.
Even tried the obvious with lighting the sugarcube, gotta try it, right?
>>
I'm new to whiskey and bourbon, should I get Wild Turkey 101 or Monarch of the Glen 12 year? Any other affordable ones that are decent?
>>
>>8497424
Pernod has a bunch of variants, some of which are mouthwash and others that are closer to the real thing.

Actually the lighting the sugar cube came about during the ban. Russian Absinth didn't contain wormwood or anise and thus wouldn't go cloudy. So bartenders started lighting it on fire for a flashy way to serve it.
>>
>>8497414

So it was cheap compared to the price of wine, so it was cheap. You proved me right. I'm also aware of the proper method of drinking it, which changes fuck all. It tastes like shit.
>>
>>8497365
Rum man.
>>
Has anybody here ever compared the Eastern European absinthes that aren't governed by the EU with American absinthes? How potent IS the wormwood content they allow over there?

I've had only american/EU absinthe. I have noticed it gives you a much clearer-headed drunk with the stimulant it provides. I'd love to get my hands on the non-EU-regulated stuff, but don't want to splurge without knowing it will be worth it.
>>
>>8497437
Well if you don't like Anise then you won't like Absinthe. It's basically Gin with added herbs so it's not like it'd be that pricey.
>>
>>8497450
Just avoid most of the Russian stuff.
>>
>>8497451

I like tequila and whiskey. Burbon, Scotch, Rye, don't really care. Just like whiskey. Tequila has to be good tequila.
>>
>>8497450
This site has pretty detailed reviews by people who make the stuff. http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/index.php/reviews
>>
>>8497457
I've been meaning to try Tequila, what's a good brand to start with?
>>
>>8497390
I like dark rum
>>
>>8497482
What brands do you usually get? Most of the stuff I've tried is only good for mixing.
>>
>>8497489
When I can afford to I will get Mount Gay or myers
Usually I can't so it's stuff meant for mixing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQJFWhn1R_w
>>
>>8497501
Now I want to kill androids...
>>
>>8497469
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>8497536
You are very welcome Anon.
>>
>>8497481
Espolon is pretty good for a bottle that's available and isn't that pricey. Get a clear one if you want more of a clear agave flavour or a darker one if you want more of a barrel flavour. Whatever you do get something that's 100% agave and not some disgusting flavoured grain alcohol.
>>
>>8497418
You literal fucking plebian

Nowadays mostly scotch, but fernets and zubrowka will always have special places in my heart. As for absinthe, vodka saz is nice, as well as the occasional chilled shooter,
>>
The Holy Spirit
>>
Ouzo is easily my favourite.
I wish I could afford absinthe but i'm not paying $150+ to get a proper french bottle since the cheaper ones here are just garbage czech shit.
>>
>>8497450
Wormwood in absinthe was never potent, historical recipes are well below EU regulations.
Any non-alcoholic effect was from bathtub rotgut being dyed green with poisons and heavy metals.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.