[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Nachos & Refried Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

So how do I heat up a can or cans of refried beans to make them pourable over tortilla chips when making nachos? They always end up clumpy. What should I add to the can when heating them to make them loosen up?
>>
Lard
>>
>>8495807
I don't have any and really don't want to have to take a trip to the store.

Maybe some chicken stock to just loosen it up? This is a problem I've always had but never solved. Restaurants seem to do it easily.
>>
They do it with a fat not chix broth. Use bacon fat if non in the fridge use vegetable oil and stir it up good
>>
>>8496066
What anon said. Anytime you cook bacon save the grease, it is the key to delicious refried beans
>>
>>8495858
microwave them in a partially sealed container, this will steam yo beans
>>
Microwaving them is usually what I do but never with a top on the bowl or container. They still don't end up where I can basically just pour them over the chips.
>>
>>8495742
Buy whole beans instead! Best bean tip ever!! Can beans have a gross taste but can be masked with the yellow pepper jalapeƱo. Fry the pepper in corn oil (mazola works best), after it is browned add the beans. Watch the temperature you don't want to splatter hot oil and bean juice everywhere. Mash them up once the beans are boiling hot. Turn down the temp, keep mashing until it looks like a bean mush.
>>
>>8495742
Don't pour them over chips. Spread them on tostadas, then top with whatever else you want. Problem solved.
>>
Just add some water and stir
>>
File: ms.jpg (12KB, 204x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ms.jpg
12KB, 204x300px
>>8498953
This. Seems like a stupid question.
Isn't it obvious? If you want to reduce the viscosity you have two options, either increase the temperature, or thin it out with liquid.
I prefer mineral spirits, but if you want to go all natural you can use turpentine, which is made from pine trees and has a nice smell.
>>
I usually put some in a sandwich bag cold, cut the corner off and then squeeze it icing style onto the nachos before they go in the dishwasher
>>
>>8498979

in the oven* fuck wrong appliance
>>
>>8498979
You can make nachos in the dishwasher too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.