[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coo/ck/s, do you have a healthy relationship with food? I surely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Coo/ck/s, do you have a healthy relationship with food?

I surely don't.

Food is REALLY important to me. I love eating. I enjoy both gourmet stuff and plain ol' fast food. Obviously I don't like everything, but what I mean is that I appreciate high-quality homemade ramen soup from real broth, but sometimes I'll happily eat instant ramen from a package.

Obviously, this means it's really easy for me to get fat and I have to watch myself. But that's really hard, seeing how I fucking love eating. I snack when I'm stressed, I motivate myself with food ("finish writing this text and you can have a treat"), I comfort myself with it ("bad day? I'll buy myself my favourite wine and make mulled wine!"). Also a good evening for me typically means stuffing myself with something good.

Going to another country typically means eating all the new food I can find.

Going to parties is exciting because people will bring food and I can cook something nice, too.

My thyroid is fucked up, so I should really watch my carbohydrates and stay away from junk food, sweets and alcohol. You'd think that since I can cook and actually enjoy healthy food too that'd be easier, but fuck me, it's so hard.

tl;dr Anyone else food obsessed/has an unhealthy relationship with food in any way?
>>
I had a problem with binge eating. After I noticed that I was never hungry after I jacked off, I started jacking off when I felt compelled to eat.

I will be writing a book about how to masturbate your way to a hot beach body.
>>
I'm actually browsing this board to stimulate my appettite. For decades I've been dangerously underweight because eating anything at all would make me feel sick to my stomach, trying anything I can to make myself want to eat. Most definitely some psychological nonsense
>>
>>8493219
I know that feel OP. Just this week I made homemade beef stock, French onion soup, pot roast, and Sicilian gravy with Italian sausage and rigatoni. I also probably had 4 fast food bacon cheeseburgers this week. I can remember my infatuation with food beginning around 4th grade. I'm 29 now and nothing has changed. The only time I ever viewed fod as a utilitarian function and not as an exciting event was when I was taking an appetite suppressant, which I don't recommend unless you like tweeking out. The problem is that I don't think I'll ever be able to get it under control. I try but then whenever I am running late or am pressed for time and hungry, those fast food restaurants are just too convenient. I like food too much and I don't know how to get my brain to not like it so much. I remember being a kid eating lunch and as soon as I was finished I wanted to know what was for dinner. Then my dad would shame me for always thinking about food. Oh well. Guess I'm destined to be a fatty.
>>
I really feel you, OP.

It's kinda crazy how sometimes I really go out of my way to eat. Sometimes, I walk into a supermarket just to get a free sample or, often, I'll make an excuse to get a certain food/beverage that I'm craving hard.

I was brought up in a family that cared about food in an environment where no one else cared about it. When I was 12, I already knew what foie gras was and I have tasted caviar, crayfish, other delicacies, while the peak of taste in food for most of my peers was buying cyхapики (flavored breadcrumbs) at the grocery store.

I gained weight recently, so I bought a scale and I'm going to try to shame myself into not eating more than I REALLY need every day - it has worked in the past successfully. But food is also the only great thing I have in my life right now. I have not had a relationship for like 2+ years and last time I touched someone's lips was like a few months ago. Food is the only thing that comforts me after a stressful, tiring day at school and work.

I am not really sure how it's all gonna work out, I'll just try my best to stay not fat.
>>
File: Jesus Christ.jpg (49KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ.jpg
49KB, 620x350px
>>8493219
I know that feel, OP. My entire family is passionate about food, from my grandma caterer to my mother who inherited nothing but her recipes to my grill maestro of a father. I lived in a town where almost every building in downtown was a restaurant, and I can still rattle them all off by memory. In between gaming sessions and our individual studies, a friend and I would cook up whatever cut of meat one of us found at the store.

I remember one time when my family went to visit relatives in California for a wedding. We stayed at my uncle's house, and he's like-minded when it comes to food. My aunt is not on the same wavelength, and she lashed out at us:

>All you guys ever talk about is food! You live to eat, I EAT TO LIVE!

This is while my dad and my brother are talking about quality hot dogs, the TV in the background is showing pic related, and my hand is getting intimate with a bowl of chex mix.

tl;dr, Food is one of a few things keeping my life happy.
>>
I'd have a healthy relationship with food if I could have a healthy relationship with people.
>>
I would definitely not describe my relationship with food as healthy.

I have lived with an eating disorder for the past 5+ years, but I love cooking.. my eating disorder isn't the binge and purge type, i am a food withholder where I starve myself for no good reason (apparently its a control thing).

Food goes to waste in my fridge more often than I'd like to admit, I make delicious things and throw them out days later after eating maybe one serving.

My family kind of know my situation but i live alone so they always subtly ask what I've been cooking and I lie about how much I eat so they don't worry about me.

The thing is I work in a high paying job where I'm respected, have a comfortable life and I'm in my 30s, not at all someone you would suspect of having these kind of issues if you met me.
>>
>>8493928
>You live to eat, I EAT TO LIVE!

Fuck, this, I never got this. What made me post this topic is this article on a paleo blog (inb4 paleo meme, I should actually eat more paleo because of the thyroid) a girl wrote about a 3 week sugar "detox" something like "don't think of it as a diet, this will make it harder for you. Just think about it as if you are deciding to eat specific foods. It's not like you think about food all the time, so why do it just because you'll switch what you eat a bit?"

And that reminded me that actually, yes, food IS what I think about all the time.

>>8493859
>I remember being a kid eating lunch and as soon as I was finished I wanted to know what was for dinner.

Same here. I'm like that all the time now. When I go to bed I get excited because breakfast possibilities. When I finish my lunch I'm already thinking about dinner.

>>8494041
>My family kind of know my situation but i live alone so they always subtly ask what I've been cooking and I lie about how much I eat so they don't worry about me.

That makes me feel sad, anon. This also sounds serious. Have you considered seeing someone about it?
>>
File: justmorebite.jpg (13KB, 378x301px) Image search: [Google]
justmorebite.jpg
13KB, 378x301px
>>8493889
try reading a book in a subject ur remotely interested in. Always helps me relax.
>t. struggling emotional eater
>>
>>8493219
You described my life minus the thyroid

I'm still holding up tho 54kg 168cm 25yo fem
>>
>>8493219
>Coo/ck/s, do you have a healthy relationship with food?
no. sometimes I'll starve myself for emotional reasons, and the hungrier I get, the less I want to eat. the thought of food will make me queasy.

other times I'll eat a full meal and then graze on the leftovers because I want to enjoy the taste and the full feeling longer. it's not a high per se, but that desire to keep enjoying it is a lot like the desire to maintain your high when you have a good one going. or like the desire to stay comfy once you're comfy.

been trying to curb that habit, as well as the habit of eating when bored/mouth-hungry as opposed to stomach-hungry.

and yeah I'm a fatfu/ck/ with no self-discipline. I thought good habits were supposed to stick with you if you worked on them for ~20-30 years. why can't I just have a fucking stroke and end it already.
>>
If I'm not obsessing over cooking/eating food, I'm obsessing over not eating and losing weight. I'm young (22), I'm well set-up for life (about to graduate [Food Science. Heh], already have a job [in the food industry...]), I'm not overweight (5'10", 130, F)... and I constantly wish I had a more 'normal' relationship with food. I really, really don't want to end up fat like my dad. The thought of it terrifies me on a daily basis.

>>8493889
>I was brought up in a family that cared about food in an environment where no one else cared about it. When I was 12, I already knew what foie gras was and I have tasted caviar, crayfish, other delicacies, while the peak of taste in food for most of my peers was buying cyхapики (flavored breadcrumbs) at the grocery store.
This. I thought going out to eat multiple times a week was normal until I got to college. My parents love good food. I guess the one thing going for me that they don't have is that I love to cook?
>>
>>8493219
I love cooking, I love eating, I love finding new restaurants, I love trying new cuisines and dishes, and I'm just constantly thinking about food in one way or another. It's really the only hobby I have.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.