[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boba/Bubble Tea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Bubble_Milk_Tea-320X370.jpg (44KB, 320x370px) Image search: [Google]
Bubble_Milk_Tea-320X370.jpg
44KB, 320x370px
Anyone here into boba? I can't get good boba in town, because I live in the middle of nowhere, so I have to make it myself.

I tried this recipe http://www.sheknows.com/recipes/creamy-coconut-bubble-tea but the final product isn't very sweet.

Anyone have a good coconut milk tea recipe?
>>
Tried it at some chinatown shops before, didn't really like it
>>
>>8492889
If you want to make bubble tea yourself, buy mixes online. That's usually how they're made in the shops. Though coconut milk tea would probably be fairly easy to make just by adding coconut milk to black tea with sugar to taste.

Also, soak your tapioca pearls in sugar/honey water to make them sweet.
>>
>>8493353
This, I usually buy mixes from nuts.com, they have good prices on taro powder and uncooked boba pearls.
>>
>>8492889
Tfw live in Houston and there are Vietnamese bubble tea places everywhere
>>
>>8492889
This shit is everywhere in my country. Some time ago people started to move away from it after it was found that some places used plastic pellets for the bubbles/perls.

It's popular again now though. Ding Tea a best.
>>
File: 1480866439154.jpg (19KB, 307x212px) Image search: [Google]
1480866439154.jpg
19KB, 307x212px
>>8492889
The recipe you linked is not how they make it at the asian boba tea shops, probably healthier for you though.

Recipe is just strong black tea, tapioca pearls, non-dairy creamer, and sugar syrup. Buy flavoured syrups like they use for cocktails in whatever flavours you like, I like Rose flavour.

So you want coconut - hit up your local alcohol or coffee/hospitality supply shop and buy a 1L of some syrup, for example:
https://www.monin.com/en-gb/products/premium-syrups/monin-coconut-syrup
You will have as much coconut bubble tea as you like for 100th the cost.
>>
>>8492889
i'm craving some taro bubble tea rn
>>
>>8492889
Bubble Tea is among my favorite desserts, only one good place I know of to buy it though.
The advice ITT for homemade bubble tea seems top notch, but there's another problem I've noticed
When I cook the tapioca and put it in a cold drink (I tend to prefer cold bubble tea) it acquires a hard, sort of brittle consistency quite quickly, a characteristic the pearls in store bought bubble tea doesn't seem to share. How do they do it?
>>
>>8493892
>after it was found that some places used plastic pellets for the bubbles/perls.
I...what?

Why would that ever be a thing? Do people just don't eat the bubbles? I don't get how you wouldn't notice that your pearls are plastic.

What is wrong with these people?
>>
>>8494161
soft plastic with the same texture as pearls
>>
>>8494161
Pretty much >>8494172, it's convincing enough.
Hell the chinks can make rice out of plastic.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.