[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Looking for a really good lemon poppy seed recipe, I know someone here must have one. I've tried 4 different recipes and I'm never completely satisfied with the result.
>>
You guys make me sad
>>
cake is disgusting and you should not make it or eat it ever. Stick with wholesome and nutricious low fat low sugar breads.
>>
>>8491814
Bumping because I'm interested.

Public has an amazing lemon poppy seed cake. I tried making my own but it's way more dense.
>>
Bump because I fucking love this sort of shit. My godfather is a baker who sometimes gives this to my family when he comes over.
I would love to know exactly how it's made
>>
>>8492007
That's dumb because you're consuming huge amount of carbs still yet no flavor so it's all for nothing
>>
Can't help you with a lemon poppy seed cake, but I can give you the recipe for my poppy seed cake.

>150g poppy seed
>50g bread crumbs
>200g sugar
>6 eggs
>some brown rum
>chocolate frosting
>some butter for cake pan

>butter cake pan
>preheat oven to 200°C
>crush poppy seed in blender or coffee mill
>mix crushed poppy seed and bread crumbs
>separate eggs and add half of the sugar to yolks and half to egg whites
>beat yolks until sugar has dissolved and they become creamy
>add a splash of rum to yolks
>beat egg whites until they form peaks
>gently mix in poppy-bread crumbs and egg whites into yolks mass (don't overwork it)
>fill into cake pan and put into oven
>bake until golden brown and no dough sticks to a sharp knife when poked in(~30 min)
>remove from pan and let cool
>cover with chocolate frosting

>serve with whipped cream

You can convert the measurements to bong units on your own. I guarantee you that it'll turn out great.
>>
>>8492414
>That's dumb because you're consuming huge amount of carbs still yet no flavor so it's all for nothing
That's how carbs should be consumed - without added fat or sugar. Carbs are a rich food all by themselves. That is why cake is so disgustingly unhealthy, practically inedible garbage.

And there are plenty of ways to make bread flavorful. I bake white/whole wheat sourdough bread with fennel and caraway seeds. It tastes absolutely delicious and classy.
>>
>>8492787
You might be a little too obsessed with clean eating.
>>
>>8491814
if it's too crumbly, add another egg.
if it's too dry, add another 1/4-1/2 stick of butter.
I've never found a perfect recipe either, but those adjustments should help. Godspeed anon.
>>
> asks for bread
> posts picture of cake
I don't understand
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.