[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homecooked artisinal oven pizza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 20170120_183309.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_183309.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
A sourdough yeast dough overnight in the fridge, homemade pepperoni sausage, jalepenio and black olive with a sprinkling of chopped garlic, thyme and oregano.

Rate me.
>>
looks deliciousness, would eat

i'd dab some of that grease off though

only two minor gripes: you completely murderised the shape and imo i like to have some crust to dip
>>
>>8490222
I know the shape ends up being strange, but that's sort of the fun of it for me.

Grease wasn't bad at all. I think it was the lighting. It was a venison pepperoni with a little added pork fat.
>>
>>8490124
Too many fucking adjectives, turns you into a pretentious fuck. You did not make a "sourdough yeast dough," it's just a fucking sourdough. And I doubt it actually is a sourdough, but whatever. "Homemade pepperoni sausage." Pepperoni is already a sausage. Are you saying took some pepperoni, ground it up, and stuffed it into sausage casing? Here's what your description should have been. "Sourdough crust, pepperoni, jalapeno, black olives, chopped garlic, thyme, oregano."

>I know the shape ends up being strange, but that's sort of the fun of it for me.
It's no fun, it looks like shit. We all know what you're doing. You're going for that faux-rustic artisanal bullshit. Learn to stretch the fucking dough properly. The fucking stoners at Pizza Hut can stretch dough into a circle, why the fuck can't you?

2/10. You get an extra point because I don't think it will kill me if I eat it, but I'm not sure.

Get your shit together, or get a fucking Tombstone.
>>
>>8491556
Brutal, but correct.
Are you Ramsay?
>>
>>8491556
>or get a fucking Tombstone
The single best pun I've ever seen on /ck/.
I bet you didn't mean it though.
>>
>>8491562
There's a reason I picked Tombstone instead of Digiorno.
>>
>artisinal
No, just ugly
>>
>>8491650
Because it tastes better?
>>
File: 20170121_082527.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_082527.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8491556
OP here

>too many adjectives

Agree, although I didn't intend pretentiousness.

>doubt it was true sourdough

Wrong. Flour, salt, water and some sourdough starter I cultured 2 months ago from wild yeast. That's it.

>shape is shit and you were trying to go for a rustic artisinal look

Granted it's not perfectly round. The dough was much stickier than a typical yeast dough and I didn't want to add much extra flour. It wasn't being served at a restaurant, it was just for two people at home. And quite frankly, we thought the appearance was a nice chanoge of pace and preferable to a mass produced corporate chain restaurant.

Here's a pic of a cold piece in profile. Notice how thin, crispy, and rustic the crust looks? Eat your heart out, sonny.
>>
File: 1366558300215.jpg (28KB, 451x325px) Image search: [Google]
1366558300215.jpg
28KB, 451x325px
>>8491675
My god look how rustic that crust is
>>
That looks really good and I would definitely eat it. I don't give a single fuck about the shape.

The only thing I would say is a genuine wild yeast sourdough wont give you as much oven spring as you want with a pizza. It makes for excellent bread, but it's not as well suited to pizza as a commercial yeast dough. It's one of the only times I prefer store bought yeast, because I have a pretty great levain I use for most things.

I can't even know if my mild criticism is correct, but that's just been my experience.
>>
>>8492037
I guess the reason I like it better is I seem to be able to get a thinner crust with an occasional airy bubble like the irregular holes in a sourdough bread. Active dry yeast ends up being more thick and bready to me. Additionally, I think the slightly sour "tang" really adds to the flavor and compliments the typical pizza ingredients.
>>
>>8492018
kek
>>
File: IMG_2551.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2551.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8490124
Why does it look wet?
Did you strain the canned tomatoes or are they fresh and you hand-diced?

Get a stone and crank your heat as high as it will go for better results. See attached.

I'd eat it but my complaints would be justified.
You should feel horrible for this.
>>
And use fresh herbs, your thyme looks like dill
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.