[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got some pre-rubbed dry ribs, but no grill. What's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Got some pre-rubbed dry ribs, but no grill.
What's the best way to cook them? Pan-sear then bake?
>>
Follow the instructions on the package. Otherwise, oven.
>>
>>8462778
Skip the pan and just bake them at like 250 for about 3.5-4 hours.
>>
>>8462785
Package says sear on grill then bake, that's why I figured pan searing would be a good substitute.

Would slow-cooker be better/ more tender than oven?
>>
>>8462788
I love slow cooker ribs. They always fall right off the bone.
>>
>>8462788
Yeah, but that would be like 6 hours. Depends on how much time you have.
>>
File: 1483578337132.jpg (43KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
1483578337132.jpg
43KB, 400x230px
yell at it in german
>>
>>8462788
Depends how you want your meat cooked and eaten. Oven if you want to emulate traditional dry heat BBQ. Slow cooker if you want to eat stew. Slow cooker should be fine for you and your taste given the existence of this thread.
>>
>>8462804
OP here, I typically like my meat eaten with my mouth. What other options do I have?
>>
>>8462800
I've got about 8 hours.

>>8462804
I want them tender but I don't want stew meat

>>8462807
IMPOSTER
>>
>>8462807
On or off the bone. With hands or fork.
>>
>>8462816
>8 hours
You should be good in a slow cooker then, plus it leaves you all day to contemplate and cook some side dishes to round it out.

Post results.
>>
>>8462821
I think that's what I'm going to do. Probably just going to pair them up with some bacon mashed potatoes.
>>
>>8462778
Wrap them in foil. Bake them with low heat. Bring the heat up and open foil to brown them.
>>
Low heat, 4-6 hours. If it's like the package I buy it suggests like 330 for 2 1/2 hours or something like that, so ignore it. Place on foil on rack and tent another piece over the top. Either open the foil for the last twenty minutes to half hour or hit it with the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
>>
if anything bake, refrigerate, then sear
>>
OP here. Ribs are in the slow cooker, about 3 hours down, only like 5 more to go. Gonna flip them in an hour.

Will update with finished results tonight.
>>
>>8463344
>flip them in an hour.

Wait, did you put the ribs in the slow cooker without any liquid in there?
>>
sous vide then oven
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.