[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meal Supplements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: soylent.png (378KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
soylent.png
378KB, 800x800px
I want to create a meal supplement like soylent, but people seem to be scared shitless of just about everything. /fit/fags won't touch anything that contains even a trace of soy because they're afraid it'll make their balls will shrivel-up and blow away. GMO is a scary word to stupid people. I've seen people argue over what kind of WATER is healthiest to drink, so I honestly have no idea what to do at this point.

How do I minimize the number of "scary" ingredients without abandoning the idea of a tasty, cheap, nutritious, ready-to-eat food?
>>
Eat smoothies with protein powder and some nuts/seeds/avo for fats. Have a multi on the side.
>>
>>8461804
You want a meal supplement or a meal replacement?
Soylent is advertised as a meal replacement.
A meal supplement that's designed to be your bring to work lunch doesn't have as many restrictions since you can eat varied at dinner.
Also an easy thing to do is to use fish oil instead of soy oil. It's not gonna be vegan but a lot of problems of soylent began when the made the change. Also you can still advertise as cruelty free since fish isn't captively raised.
A slurry of oat and manioc flour with fish oil and some carrot or banana paste is pretty close to covering all your diet. Whatever you do, get a career dieteticiant to work with you and have you factory stay clean even if that means driving the price up a little. People still bought soylent even if it's more expensve than reguar meals because they liked the novelty.
>>
File: 1482112482628.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1482112482628.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>8462769
>fish isn't captively raised.
>>
>>8462769
>fish oil instead of soy oil. It's not gonna be vegan but a lot of problems of soylent began when the made the change

what
>>
>>8462970
by fish oil I was reffering to cod liver oil. I never saw raised cod where I live (although wikipedia says it's raised sometimes) unlike salmon.
>>8462987
Soylent used to be a two part product, with powder and oil. A lot of the versions that made people sick happened after they made it a powder only product by adding the oil direcly in the powder (by processing it god knows how).
>>
you make it organic and you dont put any soy and then you make all people happy

and you gain a better customer base which soylent can never get
>>
>>8462769
>meal replacement
I also don't care if it's vegan/vegetarian.

>>8463179
>you make it organic
That's such a meaningless, loaded word.
>>
>>8463180
well then youre in the wrong business if you think organic doesnt mean anything

because thats where its heading towards for years now and what people want

go drink ur processed unnatural soylent
with 10,000 ingredients you cant pronounce
>>
>>8463183
>with 10,000 ingredients you cant pronounce
Are you taking the piss?
>>
>>8463186
http://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/the-soylent-killer/
>>
You're approaching this all wrong, don't worry about the taste, sell it to hippies as all natural meat substitute. It could taste like snake faeces and burning pubic hair and they'd still buy it if you market it to include a smug sense of moral superiority to anyone who drinks it (remember to have the branding on the package it's consumed out of and include some stickers for their Prius')
>>
report all soylent marketing threads
>>
>>8463199
>http://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/the-soylent-killer/
Yeah, I know. Only retards take that shit seriously.

>>8463336
>don't worry about the taste, sell it to hippies as all natural meat substitute.
Taste is half of the reason I'm doing this. I've been living on soylent and I can't fucking stand the taste. I'd rather it be made primarily of meat.
>>
>>8463199
>Meghan Telpner

Isn't that the dumb bitch pushing all sorts of unsubstantiated health bullshit to other dumb bitches who slept through high school science classes?
>>
>>8464210
Yup. The real problem is that these foodies see soylent as a threat to "food culture" and fear it might cut into their profits.
>>
http://diy.soylent.com/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.