[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently, pepper and egg sandwiches are popular as a meatless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Apparently, pepper and egg sandwiches are popular as a meatless Lenten option for Italian-American Catholics.

Ever have one?
>>
>>8461419
no but peppers, cheese, onions, eggs, and bread is an awesome combo.

have you never made an omelette sammich before?
>>
>>8461431
This one has tomato sauce too though.
>>
>>8461501
ayyy that works! seems like a pretty legit combination if you like egg sandwiches (i do)
>>
>>8461419
If your business is primarily polishes and chicago hot beef with sweet peppers, and you have a 75% reduction in sales on Fridays, when they all go over to the Arthur Treachers....uh oh

yes, you put something else on the menu that is meatless, and it aint fish! Lakeshore fish, eww. Tomato sauce isn't a usual part of it. It's just breakfast as lunch/dinner, but on your normal hoagie that you use for all your other sandwich shop items.
>>
File: Shakshuka-Side-View-2-640x480.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shakshuka-Side-View-2-640x480.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>eggs, pepper, tomato sauce
While not a sandwich, this resembles shakshuka [see pic] a lot.
>>
>eggs are considered vegetarian now

Religious people are dumb.
>>
>>8461816
no one said anything about vegetarian. OP said meatless.

maybe inside your skull it's all meat, but there's no meat in an egg.
>>
>>8461816
retard
>>
>>8461836
>>8461837

>>
File: 1357946704147.jpg (58KB, 670x686px) Image search: [Google]
1357946704147.jpg
58KB, 670x686px
>>8461828

>there's no meat in an egg
>>
>>8461854
meat generally implies muscle tissue, eggs have no differentiated muscle tissue, they are not considered meat
>>
>>8461854
There isn't: eggs are unfertilized, ya dingus.
>>
>>8461419
Its quite good, its made with breadcrumbs and whisked eggs. The result is almost like a patty that kinda resembles chicken but without the poultry flavour. Its pretty good.
>>
>>8461890

>eggs are unfertilized

No shit.

It's still an animal protein. The distinction is arbitrary and retarded.
>>
>>8461901
Do you call seeds trees as well?
>>
>>8461906

You're not making your side of the argument look better.
>>
>>8461901
Definition of meat
Animal tissue considered especially as food:
Also : flesh

words have actual meanings. it is not the fault of the rest of the world that you are too stupid to grasp this and want to conflate your own shitposts vs what reality is. kindly do the rest of us a favor and just drink some bleach to spare is the future sperging that you will inevitably do.
>>
>>8461906
kek
>>
>>8461916

Kek.

>>
i watched the sopranos for the first time a few weeks ago and they had some scrub deliver 'peppers and eggs' every few episodes. i was so fucking confused
>>
/ck/ truly is the biggest shitposting board.

Has it always been like this?
>>
>>8462124
No, this place used to be much slower and held up mostly by fast food workers and off-duty cooks, with a few hoobyist cooks in the mix

Taking pics at restaurants, fast food autism and general /pol/ leakages overwhelm this board because it doesn't move fast enough to clear them out
>>
>>8461901
>milk is meat
because it came from an animal
because it has protein
>>
>>8462134

>liquid
>meat

Stop being stupid, anon friend0.
>>
>>8462132
>held up mostly by fast food workers and off-duty cooks
Yeah I really only come here for threads where I can bitch with fellow weary alcoholic/junkie cooks and dish bitches. It's fun to unwind after a double shift by whining or shitposting here
>>
File: 94b.jpg (140KB, 687x1172px) Image search: [Google]
94b.jpg
140KB, 687x1172px
>Meatless
>Egg
>>
>>8461916
>Animal tissue
So what's a fucking egg? Plant tissue? Fungus tissue? Fucking what?
>>
>>8461419

That egg looks very dense, almost like egg foo young consistency. How does one achieve that?
>>
>>8461419
Dietary restrictions due to religion are just about the dumbest thing ever.

Muslims are probably the worst though. No pig products? WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1484286320410.jpg (13KB, 261x187px) Image search: [Google]
1484286320410.jpg
13KB, 261x187px
>>8462265
disgusting hippy!!!!
>>
>>8461419
what's wrong with that egg?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.