[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

College Grocery Shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /ck/, I'm about to move back into my dorm and need to go grocery shopping. I've surprisingly lost weight for the first time since middle school (been 135 sine 8th grade, now I'm 133) and want to start gaining weight and putting on more muscle. I'm not here to ask /fit/ questions, so I'll stop there.

What are some good foods and recipies to look into? I have a soft spot for chicken and am trying to get better at breading it, but I want to work with pasta and rice more. Broccoli and chili are things I'd like to work with more as well, and I'd go for salmon if it's cheap enough.

Also, what are some good recipes for baked mac and cheese? I want to cook for a few friends (for a late friendsgiving thing) and want to try making it. I'm also thinking about doing a cheesecake for dinner.

I'm sorry for yet another college post, but I thank you all in advance.
>>
>>8460238
Chicken parm
>https://youtu.be/9C-vBXhaRgE
Mac and Cheese
>https://youtu.be/coYqrXsDPdU
Dude's voice can take getting used to, but the recipes are easy to follow along with. There's a lot of basic techniques he teaches, and can make you a better cook.
>>
>I've surprisingly lost weight for the first time since middle school (been 135 sine 8th grade, now I'm 133)

jesus fuck

i gained 15 lb over the summer to 165 and lost about 10 lb so far, maybe as much as 15 by now and km expecting to lose 20 lb by the fime spring rolls around since winter does this to me.

and you're making a big fuss about 2 lb!
>>
>>8460238
>chicken
>pasta
>Broccoli
there's you answer, right there. those three ingredients in a casserole work great together. add a cup of cream. sure, calorie dense, but adds flavor and doesn't add that much in a big dish that you can stretch for two meals. is low fat cheese a thing where you're from? add that, too. great combination of most nutrients you'll need. just add a good amount of freshly ground pepper so it tastes like something
>>
>>8460400
>>8460936
Thanks anons.

>>8460904
I know it's not much, but I put that in there to show that I'm not healthy. I'm eating a max of two meals a day, usually just one and sometimes none. And with all the alcohol I'm drinking, I should be gaining weight. But good on you, anon. Good luck.
>>
>>8462007
>>8460238
I know you're not directing your question to /fit/ but if you actually wanna gain mass, just make a bunch of stuff you like

In a dorm, you can grab a decent toaster oven for under $40 and bake stuff
Get some spice rubs for cheap, buy chicken breasts in bulk and season them differently
Dehydrated mash is decent if you toss in some green onions and use a bit of milk
>>
>>8462028
Thanks, anon. When you say buy in bulk, would Costco be good or should I still go to the grocery store?
>>
>>8460238
I literally fluctuate +-5lbs a day due to water, piss and shit. Why are you so skelly?
>>
>>8462750
I rarely shit and I rarely eat and my metabolism burns whatever I do eat.
I'm also 5'6" and want to kill myself.
>>
>>8460400
>>8460238

Listen to this anon. Chef john is based
>>
>>8463412
>I rarely shit and I rarely eat
this can't be healthy.so just another al/ck/y?
>>
>>8463515
Not as much, no. I don't go nearly as hard as other people I know (who eat regularly). I will have like 5 or 6 drinks when I do drink, but that's once a week if not less often.

But the shitting thing has been going on on since forever
>>
>>8463543
>I will have like 5 or 6 drinks when I do drink, but that's once a week if not less often
well that's nothing to be concerned about. that's normal for many people
>the shitting thing has been going on on since forever
well sorry anon, but as a totally certified 4chan doctor i have to tell you this. you have butt cancer. on your ass
>>
>>8462028
>In a dorm, you can grab a decent toaster oven for under $40
this. sure, 40 bucks may sound like a lot of money to spend for one item, but i guess you'll be living in the dorm for at least two years. what's 40 bucks divided by 24 months? less than two dollar per month. get one of those as early as you can, it will really pay it's price and be handy in day to day cooking. buy one, now! also great if you don't actually want to cook but just have some frozen pizza or whatever, reheat some dish. cooking in a dorm can really become a chore, but with a decent oven youre pretty much golden. and your roommate will love you for having one, use that for your own advantage
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.