[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hydrogenated palm oil now considered carcinogenic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1467220932755.jpg (1MB, 1600x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1467220932755.jpg
1MB, 1600x1017px
Ferrero is in panic PR mode as Nutella is mostly hydrogenated palm oil.
>>
>>8459956
Hah, stuff tastes awful anyway
>>
good

palm oil consumers deserve cancer
>>
Everything is a fucking carcinogen man. Sunlight is a carcinogen. Sitting on your ass shitposting on 4chan is a carcinogen. Bacon is a carcinogen. Flying on an airplane is a carcinogen. Chill out and die of cancer like the rest of us.
>>
Is that all Nutella? Because I thought that it was pretty well known that American nutella was just palm oil
>>
>>8459973
Feel free to live inside Chernobyl's power plant for a year and tell me how the cancer progression compares to sitting on your ass
>>
>>8459976
There's sugar in there
>>
>>8459983
Dont even bother. Let Darwinism play out
>>
>>8459976
there's little difference between europe's nutella and american's https://www.nutella.com/en/uk/the-7-ingredients
>palm oil
>>
>>8459983
Unless you go through 10 jars of Nutella a day I don't understand why anyone who isn't a paranoid nut would care about something possibly slightly increasing your chance of getting cancer. A ton of things do that.
>>
>>8459976

OBSESSED

Also for real? What the hell is wrong with you people
>Hur due products in America are just made worse. People wouldn't sell me that garbage

How dose it feel knowing your exactly as stupid and uninformed as Americans? You people have literally become shity England. All the trash of America but all the stuffy underserved pretentiousness of England. And from now on that's what I'm referring to you guys as. Shity England

>TL:DR

Shity England is OBSESSED
>>
>>8459979
That study has now been discredited.
>>
>>8460381
Shitty is spelled with two t's
>>
>>8460381
OBESED
>>
Italian here
Palm oil is the center of the current hate fad around here, like it was red meat last year, or margarine during the 90s. It's pretty huge. Every company is running for their lives to remove/replace palm oil in their recipes. Nothing bad about it but I could live without the "PALM OIL FREE" badge plastered on everything.

Ferrero has actually taken a cool stance by basically saying "nutella is like 30% palm fat and we aint doing shit about it" and actually allowing journalists inside their factories and showing them the supplies of palm fat they get from indonesia. And their sales actually went up 4%.
>>
>>8460386
Incorrect!
>>
>>8459956
Good.
>>
>>8460498
Good on them, annoys the crap out of me when people freak out about stupid shit like this and others perpetuate and yield to the stupidity.
>>
>>8459956

>hydrogenated palm oil

That's not a thing.
>>
Watch Capitalists defend this shit
>>
>>8460386
I believe he was writing it as shite-y
>>
Dont know why everyone goes bonkers over Nutella, just tastes like shitty chocolate. I can feel my teeth eroding as I eat.
>>
How many bananas is that?
>>
>>8459956
Like smoked meat?
Fuck that noise, people have been eating food cooked that way for millennia and I'm not one to question their cave dwelling wisdom.
>>
>>8460498
Why was palm oil a fad in Italy? I've lived and worked in Singapore for a few years and they don't seem that crazy about palm oil.
>>
Good riddance, palm oil is disgusting.
>>
File: BOC.png (232KB, 496x525px) Image search: [Google]
BOC.png
232KB, 496x525px
>>8459969
>no cucks will protect his smile
>>
>>8460689
>palm oil
Of course it is. Ordinary palm oil is only about 40% saturated.
>>
>>8459983
I'm not saying all carcinogens are created equal, in fact I'm in complete agreement with you. I think we shouldn't worry about hydrogenated palm oil because it's probably not going to significantly increase our odds of getting serious canceritus considering all the other carcinogens we're regularly exposed to.
>>
>>8460498
Same here in Russia, it's been going on for like the past ten years if not more.
Asked a colleague (56yo man) once why he thought palm oil was so bad and he almost foamed at the mouth explaining that it only melts at temperatures higher than your body temp, and, because we can't digest it at all, it obviously clumps up inside you and has a chance to stay lodged up your ass or something and that causes cancer.
Pretty standard way of thinking for a russian male about his age, I'd say, what with the up the ass cancer stuff and all.
>>
i guess it all depends on how much of it you consume. most people don't eat shit with palm oil in it every day
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.