[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you strictly only eat at home? if so a. what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: latest.png (37KB, 834x776px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
37KB, 834x776px
Do any of you strictly only eat at home? if so

a. what's your reason to?
b. do you get used to it?
c. what's your favorite quick dish to make?
>>
[spoiler][INSERT LINK HERE][/spoiler]
>>
>>8459868
>a. what's your reason to?
It's cheaper than eating out. And unless we're talking a really high-end restaurant it's tastier than eating out.

>b. do you get used to it?
I was always used to it. That was the norm when I grew up. Every meal eaten together as a family at the kitchen table.

>c. what's your favorite quick dish to make?
-Noodle soup (OK, the stock takes a long time to make, but I make it in big batches then freeze it in portions so most of the time it's just a matter of thawing a block)
-Stir fries
-Pan-seared steaks/chops/chicken/fish
-Charcuterie & cheeses with some crusty bread heated up in the toaster oven
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>8459868
>live in rural 'Murica, can cook better than 98% of the cooks at bars & """""restaurants""""" within a 30 min. radius
>Yes. I've always cooked mostly at home, even when I lived in an urban area; I like to eat well and I enjoy it.
>Midnight pasta: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper, Another, pic related, mushroom ravioli w shrooms in sage brown butter sauce
>>
>>8459868
>a. what's your reason to?
IBS
>b. do you get used to it?
Always have
>c. what's your favorite quick dish to make?
Smoothie (put stuff in blender, turn on)
Roasted salmon with mushroom, leek, and lemon (put stuff in oven pan, put in oven)
Roasted veggies and chickpeas (same)
>>
eat 99% of meals at home.
Why?
1. Cheaper
2. Not many good non chain restaurants around
3. Tired of the same thing at chain restaurants
4. Chain restaurants use the cheapest ingredients to make a buck off of you.
5. I eat much healthier when I make it myself.
>>
>>8460073
I always thought fibrous food such as chickpeas, cruciferous veg etc wreaked havoc on the guts of those with IBS. You find you can tolerate it okay or is it more a dose dependent thing?
>>
>>8460146
There's different types of IBS and reaction patterns (which is why foodstuffs needs to be singled out and reintroduced individually on FODMAP diet). I find that I can handle legumes a lot better than grains. It is completely dose dependent though, like you mention. I can handle a small handful of chickpeas but not a whole portion. By making the food myself I can make the dish so it's within my limits rather than what I would be served by others.
>>
>>8459974
That looks delicious man
>>
>>8459868

I eat at home 99% of the time

A. Cheaper usually, all workers in food services here make 10$ per hour, including chefs (mostly) so the work quality is low and the people hate their lives. No worker here has a paid sick day, and if you miss 2 days due to being sick, you're fired and blacklisted. This leads to tons of people sniffling, coughing, sneezing, watery red eyes, etc in restaurants. I don't like sick people preparing my meals.

B. Yep, I prefer making my own food anyway, I can do it how I like, for example, I don't want chopped up chicken in a salad. There are some expensive and really nice places to eat here though, which would be the 1% of times.

C. I keep it simple usually, pasta dishes, soups, stews (often i cook for many people). Roasts, bbq, salads, stir fry and "chinese" food (i.e. westernized pretend asian stuff).
Anything vegetable heavy that is inexpensive. Lots of fresh seafood here, even though I dislike most of it I cook that often as well.
Favorite quick dish would probably be a stir fry or beef stew.
>>
>>8459868
a. Cheaper. Even kebab is 10$ here. Also education.

b. Well yes. I always cook with my gf so it's always fun.

c. I'm swiss, so it's soup with cheese, charcuterie and bread. And coffee.
Sometimes potatoes and cauliflower with bechamel sauce. A swiss thing too, I guess.
Also my mexicanish chicken fajitas are quickly cooked. Or ramen.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.