[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do raw chicken breasts last in the fridge? Websites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Grilled-Chicken-Breast_4213[1].jpg (291KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
Grilled-Chicken-Breast_4213[1].jpg
291KB, 1600x999px
How long do raw chicken breasts last in the fridge? Websites say 1-2 days but does that mean that within a single day the food will sour? I want to marinade some chicken breast tomorrow and I read online that you shouldn't marinade them for more than 2 hours, but I don't want to deal with thawing them out, so I took some pieces of chicken and placed them in my fridge. What would you do in this situation?
Sorry for the dumb question, I moved out and just started cooking for myself, so I'm uncertain about how to treat meat.
>>
As long as you're cooking it thuroughly, keep it until it smells weird.
>>
>>8457266
Alright, thank you!
>>
>>8457255

I've taken chicken out of the freezer in the morning to defrost at room temperature and completely forgotten about it in the evening so leaving it out overnight as well. The following morning I remember and put it in the fridge to use in the evening that day but have forgotten that as well. So a day at room temperature and a day in the fridge and I've been completely fine eating it (once cooked of course).

I would assume a few days in the fridge would be perfectly fine.
>>
>>8457295
That's reassuring, thanks!
>>
>>8457255
"ow long does X last in the fridge" is a question that everyone asks but sadly is impossible to answer definitively because it depends on a massive number of factors, the most important of which are what temperature is your fridge set at, and how often is it being opened.

The set temperature really is a magic number. 3 degrees Celcius is ideal. At that temperature all the common bacteria which cause food spoilage stop growing. If you have your fridge set there then you could theoretically keep raw chicken in there for a whole month, if not more. Above that temp? Very different story. Problem is the average joe doesn't have a lab-grade thermometer to know exactly what temp his fridge is.

My rule of thumb is 1 week for raw foods.

If it were me I'd dump the chicken into the marinade right now while it's still frozen. It's going to take a while before it's even thawed, let alone enough time for the marinade to act.

>>shouldn't marinade for more than 2 hours
That's odd advice, unless the marinade contains raw pineapple or kiwi. Those contain enzymes that will break down the protein in the meat. Most marinades are perfectly fine for overnight if not for several days.

You've seen the pre-marinaded meat in the supermarket before right? That stuff sits for days if not weeks in marinade.
>>
>>8457255
Shit, I marinate chicken overnight all the time
Youre fine anon
>>
>>8457301
>>8457302
I was thinking of starting off with some basic soy and garlic marinade, cause I like soy. The main reason I was uncertain about leaving it marinaded for too long (if I leave it now, and come back from work in around 18 hours or so) is that I was afraid that the chicken would absorb too much of the soy taste and become salty and nasty. But after a quick google search the result I came up with was that marinading chicken breasts should be between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-splendid-table/marinade-guide_b_1391654.html
>>
4 days pretty easily, sometimes 5
>>
>>8457301

You say common bacteria stop growing, but be mindful of listeria. Those niggers can handle a refrigerator, and while a healthy person will probably just be uncomfortable for a few days, you might get unlucky and have them wiggle into your spinal cord and then you're Fucked.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.