[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like gin? Which ones, and how do you like to drink them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 16

Do you like gin? Which ones, and how do you like to drink them?
>>
>>8453365
>Open gin
>take a nice sniff to absorb in the aroma
>pour down sink
>>
>>8453365
>Do you like gin?
yes
>Which ones
dunno am a poorfag college student and can't afford top shelf stuff
>how do you like to drink them?
gin tonics. i like the lack of sweetness because i don't really have a sweet tooth
>>
Yeah it's alright. I keep a bottle of Gordon's dry gin with some Canada Dry Tonic water in case I ever have some mint leaves and lime.
>>
>>8453387
>gin tonics
>lack of sweetness

You kidding me? Tonic water has a bunch of sugar in it.
>>
For cocktails I like the traditional juniper-bomb style of gin, like Anchor Junipero, Beefeater, and Boodles.

For sipping neat I like the more floral expressions, like Uncal Val's Botanical, Hendrick's, and Bombay Sapphire.
>>
I've never really had a gin where I thought "Wow I'm in LOVE with this stuff, I'm buying a case". I've just had gin where I thought "Not bad. It'll go well with tonic and a squeezed lime" and "Goddamn that is hand sanitizer mislabeled as gin".
>>
File: GOAT Gin.jpg (33KB, 614x400px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT Gin.jpg
33KB, 614x400px
Best gin coming through
>>
>>8453400
>You kidding me?
no, you kidding me? sugar content != sweetness. tonic water is notorious for it's bitterness
>>
>>8453424
the original old-school stuff that they used for malaria treatment in the days of the British Raj certainly was. that's where the notoriety comes from.

The modern stuff contains much less quinine and nearly as much sugar as cola.
>>
File: Ransom_Old_Tom_Gin_zoom.jpg (26KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Ransom_Old_Tom_Gin_zoom.jpg
26KB, 550x550px
Anyone had pic related? I liked it a lot. Also, am I crazy or does tonic water go flat before opening the bottle if you don't drink it in a timely manner?
>>
>>8453431
drink a glass of tonic water right now and tell me it tastes sweet. not even compared to cola
>>
Could you use Pellegrino for a good Gin cocktail or what are some other cocktails you all enjoy if any
>>
The last gin I had was Poor Toms which I liked but didn't love half as much as the guy at the bottle-o suggested I might.

I'm not sure what I'm after next. I've been meaning to try the higher up West Winds but I keep buying the regular one instead because it's great.
>>
>>8453422
bretty gud desu
>>
I like Tanqueray straight. Tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
>>8453365
I have no preference for brand assuming it's at least better than gordons

I like gin martinis straight up with olives
>>
Star of Bombay
Usually just straight, ocassionally squeeze a couple drops of freshl lemon juice.
>>
>>8453431
What about diet tonic?
>>
File: 1481742555157.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481742555157.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>8453431
Yeah dude my 3 year old is fucking crazy for tonic water. My dentist has warned me to cut it out like 10 times.
>>
>>8453365
i enjoy looking at the bottle of gin
>>
Time to school some noobs/americans.

Gordon's, Bombay (any), Tanqueray, Beefeater, Hendricks, are all fucking garbage. Don't waste your money.

Tonic-wise, unless you're using 1724, Double Dutch or FeverTree at the very least - it shouldn't be going anywhere near a gin.

Amerifags, your tonic waters are sweet. I don't know why, but I'm sorry. It's probably because they're artificial shit. UK market tonics (good ones, anyways) are full of natural quinine, which is bitter and thus suits juniper.

Gins you should be buying:
Trevethan, D1, Old English, Brooklyn, Sloane's. Hundreds of others. If its made by hand by real distillers and not in a factory, you're pretty safe.
>>
>>8453713
Thanks bro. The only tonic I've ever used or seen used commonly is Schwepp's. I'd say the most common gin you will see here is Tanq or Bombay Sapphire.

Fever Tree tonic I've seen too but it's somewhat pricey.
>>
>>8453713
>Gordon's, Bombay (any), Tanqueray, Beefeater, Hendricks, are all fucking garbage

Anyone new to gin reading this thread, please ignore this.

Sure I enjoy plenty of other 'artisan' or 'small batch' gins, but saying Hendricks and Bombay are garbage is dumb. As for the others, if you like Gordons and Beefeater, good for you.
>>
>>8453493

Gimlet's classic, gin and lime juice, but I'm not personally a fan of it. Pellegrino with the flavors and juice? That'll work very well. I'm also partial to a Collins (gin, lemon juice, syrup, soda water) or any gin sling. I also like to mix a sweet, botanical gin with a sweet cider and a splash of cranberry. I also recommend gin, honey, lemon, and mint. Don't forget the martini, of course. And if you get some Campari you can throw together a Negroni.
>>
File: gin_sip1.jpg (234KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gin_sip1.jpg
234KB, 900x1200px
>>8453422
Haha "best gin" not even british. Haha no.

Pic related
>>
>>8453777

Fever Tree is worth it. I also go for Q tonic. Most of the major brands are harsh and full of corn syrup, just totally wipes out my gin. I only use them with cheap shit I don't care about obliterating.
>>
File: Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png (437KB, 635x608px) Image search: [Google]
Initial D Girl COME ON NOW.png
437KB, 635x608px
>>8453365

>Gin and Tonic

Gin and club soda is the only correct way.
>>
>>8453365
>Prohibition
>Hendricks
>Bulldog
>Tanqueray 10
>Beefeater
>Seagrams bottom shelf, poured into a bombay sapphire botlte for guests.

I like dirty martinis, classic gin and tonics, and tom collins. Baklava martini and gin fizz are nice sometimes.
>>
>>8454051
>>Seagrams bottom shelf, poured into a bombay sapphire botlte for guests.
You nigger
>>
>>8454051

>poured into a bombay sapphire bottle for guests

>he doesn't give his guests the best he can offer

Do you even hospitality? You're a piece of shit
>>
>>8453365
Gin and tonic, Bombay sapphire is what I drink
>>
File: ungava.png (837KB, 1299x1813px) Image search: [Google]
ungava.png
837KB, 1299x1813px
>>8453365
tried many brands but always coming back to pic related

>how do you like to drink them?
straight, wth is the point in mixing great bottles with bullshit sugary carbonated water?
>>
File: drdisrespect.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
drdisrespect.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>8454040
The doc would like a word with you
>>
>>8453365
>Do you like gin?
Did not like it when I only tasted beefeater, but there are good ones out there
>Which ones?
>>8454148 This one is ma favorite too, though bombay sapphire is a sure bet
>How do you like to drink them?
Mostly gin n' juice (though my recipe is to put about an inch or gin in a biiiiiig glass (think medium soft drink at the cinema), half a can of diet 7-up and then I put the equivalent of half a soda can of good non-pulp orange juice.
Otherwise my uncle has a nice touch with his gin tonic, I can't remember his brand of tonic, he adds something like whole pepper grains to bombay sapphire.
If you feel classy, just put some ice cubes in a small glass, pour some gin on and add a couple drops of lemon juice
Sky and you imagination is the limit with gin!
>>8453421
>"Goddamn that is hand sanitizer mislabeled as gin".
I usually feel this way about rhum, I always think it smell like disinfectant
>>
File: Kyro-Gin-bottleguide.jpg (42KB, 349x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kyro-Gin-bottleguide.jpg
42KB, 349x480px
this won worlds best in 2015. its finnish ebin.

gin is ok. i like gt and really like tom collins
>>
>>8454152
One of the few great twitch streamers
>>
>>8453407
Are you me? I was just thinking this as my response, Jesus. I think it's just becoming a rule for Gin. Juniper heavy for mixing, floral/citrus heavy for sipping/G&Ts.
>>
>>8453365
yes
you just posted my favorite
with tonic and a tiny slice of lime
how can other alcohols compete
>>
>almost never became a g&t lover because my first taste of it was warm seltzer and gin made by my room mate

wew lads

also, is there a low-sugar tonic out there that isn't as bad as coke?

i love gin and tonic but the sugar content really worries me. i used to drink coke a lot as a kid when i had no self-control and i was a fatass, and tonic tastes great by itself. but i really dont want to back to that.
>>
>>8454427

Any good tonic's going to run you $1-2 a drink. Fever Tree, Q, whatever else. Better ingredients, less overpowering sweetness. Stay away from Polar, Schweppes, and store brands.
>>
>>8453365
yes

Had someone use at least half a bottle of that shit for jello shots. I could barely contain my rage.
>>
Favourite is probably the Tanquery no. 10, shit is so nice.
Usually just in a 1:2 gin and tonic with a couples dashes on lime juice on top.
latest purchase is a bottle of bulldog, it's mediocre desu, not much flavour at all.
>>
>>8454555
seconding fever tree, really good tonic water.
>>
File: shit gin.jpg (111KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
shit gin.jpg
111KB, 1200x900px
NEVER and I mean NEVER buy this fucking shitty gin. This is one of the worst gins I've ever had, period.

Tastes like stale pepper and gross B.O.

STAY AWAY. Can't believe I got meme'd into buying this.

Some gins I DO like -- Death's Door, Hendrix, Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater. All fine. Even Banker's Club is better than fucking Aviation trash.
>>
>>8454861
>>8454555
Fever Tree and Q are amazing mixers.
>>
File: Anty-bottle.png (234KB, 400x825px) Image search: [Google]
Anty-bottle.png
234KB, 400x825px
http://www.cambridgedistillery.co.uk/antygin/
>>
>>8453365
Cheap gin mixed half and half with apple juice and Ice
>>
Immensely. Boodles gin in a dry martini. Shaken. One olive floating around in the bottom (I hate skewers in my face).
>>
>>8454904
Yeah I've got a snobbier post somewhere in this thread already but I do this too.
>>
>>8453365

Yes I do. I like Broker's London dry gin. I drink it neat, but I like it when it's chilled.
>>
Gin is for poor people and is just watered down grain alcohol with shitty spices added to a tub. Why are people getting so uppity about it? At least the modern stuff tries to be palatable
>>
I used to drink it, mainly got Tanqueray because that was what was available to me. Would drink it with Roses Lime, or any random ass citrus soda I had around, except Mtn Dew, because it's too sweet for mixing.
>>
>>8453407
If you haven't tried it already, Bloom is a very floral gin. One of my favourites and, here in the UK, it's a reasonably priced one too.
>>
gin and coke

people look at me weird when i ask for one

fuck you it's delicious
>>
>>8453655
You better listen to your dentist. My teeth were ruined by sugary drinks when I was a kid. You don't want that for your 3 year old.
>>
Apparently gin and ginger ale is good, anyone here tried it?

As for the gin itself, I usually drink Bombay Sapphire or the taste the difference stuff at Sainsburys, very nice. Tried a bottle of Gordons recently and it doesn't really taste of anything.
>>
File: herno-navy-strength-gin[1].jpg (20KB, 250x500px) Image search: [Google]
herno-navy-strength-gin[1].jpg
20KB, 250x500px
Hernö navy strength is great
Tanqueray is my go-to standard gin
>>
>>8453365
Hendricks with cucumber.
>>
File: IMG_3256.jpg (42KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3256.jpg
42KB, 650x650px
Ignoring this inbred bong monkey >>8453713, i've come to appreciate Tanqueray.

I like it fresh from the freezer with equally cold tonic water.

Some folks around here add a slice of cucumber, but i don't care for that.
>>
>>8454051
Bombay isn't even a good Gin.
>>
File: gin-xoriguer.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gin-xoriguer.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
I like this one from Mallorca
>>
>>8453365
Beefeater for GnT, something special someone else bought for Matinis

Had a Sakura Gin martini once, was fucking amazing. Don't remember the brand and never been able to find again.

Also, literally the best martini I have ever had was made from ingredients brought in mason jars, so thats a dead end too.
>>
>>8453407
>Hendrick's
my nigga
>>
>>8453812
>Hendrick's
>Beefeater

I'll agree with Gordon's & Bombay but don't lump Hendrick's and Beefeater with them due to price
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.