[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

America's Test Kitchen Season 17

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

As you may know, last fall it was announced that Founder & Host Chris Kimball was leaving ATK and also leaving as editor-in-chief for Cook's Illustrated magazine after a contract dispute.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/17/456378738/america-s-test-kitchen-founder-chris-kimball-leaves-show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9GRtVarsU
The first new season of ATK premiered this past Saturday with Bridget Lancaster & Julia Davison both now graduating to full hosts.
Jack Bishop is still doing ingredient taste tests, as is Adam Reid being in charge of reviewing kitchen equipment.

Do you watch the show? Thoughts on the new format?
Although he's pretty knowledgeable, Chris did have a penchant for slipping into his native New England elitism on many occasions. I will miss watching the staff force him to dress up as a giant turkey/banana and having Jack torture him with taste tests of atrocious supermarket balsamic vinegars and cheeses.

The episodes will be uploaded to the their site 2 weeks after airing:
https://www.americastestkitchen.com/episodes
>1/7/17: Cast Iron Staples
>1/14/17: Two Modern Stews
>>
That explains why I got this in the mail, then. It had some neat articles but it was certainly not on the level of CI. Might subscribe just for lols, I don't usually watch ATK unless it's a topic I'm interested in

I wonder what would happen if Alton Brown and Chris Kimball fucked
>>
I read that woman got fatter.

Is it true?
>>
>>8453017
>stop searing meat
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: SearingSteak4.jpg (29KB, 360x228px) Image search: [Google]
SearingSteak4.jpg
29KB, 360x228px
>>8453056
Essentially, it's become popular to go around saying that searing is a meme.
>>
>>8452943
ATK and Cook's Illustrated annoy me because it feels like they go out of their way to introduce unconventional and time consuming techniques into every recipe. The food always looks good, but I don't have like 3 days to cook a meal.
>>
>>8453154
I like them because you learn a lot doing a crazy 3 day bullshit recipe. I have another set of cookbooks for weeknight cooking.

>>8453056
presumably adding something to your stew so that you don't have to pre-sear the meat to build flavor.
>>
>>8453017
Alton would definitely be the bottom
>>
File: le speeedy.webm (692KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
le speeedy.webm
692KB, 320x232px
>>8452943
New format in atk & ci .... Ill watch sometime in the future

As for the show [>_<]
I have deep reservations since they decidedly fuck up on some basic mexican cooking tips which leads me to think they do the same to other specific styles of foods. Still the show has other bennies like fuckery in the baking dept plus tools and tastings are fairly educational only if the lose those flaming faggots I'd enjoy the show that much more.

Unfortunately these guys try to mish/mash too many techniques for healthier or quicker cooking which is fun to know yet clearly disappointing as stated above
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.