[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a can of sardines on my shelf that's been sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-01-10-17-38-48-1.png (354KB, 1024x558px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-10-17-38-48-1.png
354KB, 1024x558px
i have a can of sardines on my shelf that's been sitting there taking space , what do i make with it
>>
Poop
>>
>>8452913
Nothing. Put them on a saltine crackers and eat them that way.
>>
>>8452933
raw ?, with bones and scales and all ?
>>
>Drain/reserve oil
>Make mayo out of: 1/2 a lemon, a splash of caper juice, and a mix of sardine oil and vegetable oil
>Put sardines, capers, a bit of whatever onion you have laying around, and some garlic into a food processor
>Mix that shit in
>Eat it on everything.
>>
>>8452945
They're canned which means they cooked. And yes, you eat the bones and skin
>>
>>8452945
were you intending to take out all the little bones?
>>
>>8452945
They're already cooked

Depending on brand they're probably skinned and eviscerated

Bones are literally imperceptible
>>
>>8452952
this sounds good as fuck but what can i use as a substitute for caper juice? I won't find it here.
>>
>>8452913
i typically get a few cans of sardines whenever i'm in a mood for them. this recipe isn't really popular, but I enjoy it

>drain the oil/water
>dust sardines with flour
>oil pan and cook for roughly 2 minutes, doesn't take long
>toast bread
>butter toasted bread
>slice up some avocado
>enjoy

some of my friends like to add miracle whip, or even some bacon bits to it to help die down the fishy taste, but I love this. Gives me a boost of energy during lunch/in the morning and it's a great way to enjoy them. I normally just eat it on one slice of toast, but a sandwich would work to. Add more things besides just the avocado and sardines can lend to some pretty amazing combos.
>>
>>8453157
It is. In lieu of capers, I'd go for pickles. Dill would be safe, but sweet could be interesting. Maybe a mix would be best.
>>
>>8453172
best recipee so far , will do tomorrow since i already ate a 'za for dinner , thanks famalam
>>
>fry sardines with minced onion in pan until onions are soft
>add garlic and tomato paste, fry for 1 minute
>add white wine/stock/water (whatever is available)
>cook until it's like a paste (~1h)
>cook pasta until nearly done
>finish pasta in pan with sauce
>>
>>8452913
Just crack that shit open and eat with a fork
>>
>>8452913
Put the can under the broiler until it turns lightly brown then put it on a salad with some kind of creamy dressing and thinly sliced raw onion.
>>
>>8452913
Put on rye bread with mustard and raw red onion. Or use to dress pasta with olive oil, garlic, parsley, capers, lemon juice and pepper.
>>
Fry in the pan with some soy sauce and let it caramelize. Not to much oil from the tin just a little.
>>
>>8452913
Bloody Mary Mix
>>
>>8453281
the only good suggestion in this thread
>>
chop them up nice and fine and put them into tomato sauce /w olive oil in a pan with italian spices and a little hit of salt. then mix it in with some cooked penne in a big pot. there's your meal.
>>
>>8453557
How do you brown a can¿¿¿
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.