[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ My favorite kind of sauce to make is red wine beef

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5-6-8_normal.1604090406.jpg (47KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
5-6-8_normal.1604090406.jpg
47KB, 600x443px
Hey /ck/

My favorite kind of sauce to make is red wine beef herb sauce. I just made a mushroom and beef with red wine dish in the slow cooker. The sauce is fucking incredible. I had the meat in my fridge, and it was probably going to go bad within a few days so I just threw some shit together in my slow cooker and left it for when I came home. I didn't use any "top quality" ingredients or anything. But I want to. So what would be your choice of all these ingredients?

>Beef
>Mushrooms
>Red wine
>Mirepoix
>Herbs/etc

I was thinking: a high quality beef, maybe even a small T-bone steak, something with good fat content as well; carbernet sauvignon red, portabella and maybe some else, celery/onion/carrot (and one other kind of veggie, not sure what), and I'm not exactly sure about the herbs. I used this premade "italian herbs" blend I had in my cupboard. All made on slow/low in a slow-cooker.

Any suggestions/etc would be very helpful!
>>
>slow cooking expensive ingredients
That is the exact opposite of the point
>>
>>8451930
But I want to get the concentration in the sauce. The pure flavor. And I don't mean expensive like it will cost me tons of money, but just better ingredients than what I normally use.
>>
>>8450637

I wouldn't use high quality beef for this. Won't be better, just more expensive.

Use bayleafs, cloves and thyme and bacon for more flavor
>>
>>8450637

Cheek or oxtail is god tier for slow cooking. Tougher cuts result in far more flavour than what you'd get from slow-cooking a steak.

Beefs best friends are thyme, bay, maybe some rosemary.

Flavourful sauce comes from browning your meat first. Stick some bones in if you really want, too.
>>
>>8450637
First, ditch the slow cooker. Use chuck, it has plenty of connective tissue that breaks apart and adds to the sauce. Use a dry red wine like Zinfandel or Bordeaux. Plain old white mushrooms are fine. Thyme is a traditional herb.

This really isn't that hard. Basic peasant cooking.

Season (s&p) and lightly flour your cubed beef and brown thoroughly in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, leaving all the browned bits at the bottom of the pot. Remove and sauté mirepoix until onions and celery are soft (at this point if you have a table spoon of tomato paste clear a spot in the center of the pan and let it caramize a bit then stir in with mirepoix), scraping up the browned bits. Add herbs, give it a stir, add 1/3 wine, scrape up the bottom of the pot, add beef & enough wine to just barely cover, bring to low simmer and cover and pop in oven or simmer on stovetop with lid ajar. Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in butter, reserve. When beef is fork tender remove and rapidly reduce sauce (you could strain it at this point as well) to desired consistency. Add beef & shrooms, simmer a bit until it all comes together, serve with noodles, rice, or potatoes.
>>
>>8450637

Fry or roast the water out of your shrooms before adding them to the pot.

Brown the meat before putting it in the pot.

you can brown the mirepoix as well if you want to up the ante on the roasted flavor.

I don't think sirloin is the way to go when choosing a cut of meat to use.
>>
>>8451960
>>8452030
>>8452059

Good advice as well
>>
Just make demi glace and then a wine sauce with it on the stove.
>>
>>8450637
Can you post your recipe with amounts and such?
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 437x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 437x400px
>>8452104
>make demi glacé
This dope uses a fucking slow cooker. 10/10 post.
>>
>>8450637
Go for
-Shoulder meat, dont know english word for it
-panchetta
-half decent(expensive) veal stock
-half dark beer
-basic mirepoix,
-garlic,
-herbs de provence,
-Chanterelle mushrooms
>>
>>8451960
juniper berries also go well with that, but I personally would leave bacon out of this one
>>8452055
Noodles? God no! potatoes & carrots go well with this.
I'd suggest adding roughly cubed root veg (potato, carrots, beets, black salsify etc) into the broth 20-15 min before its done
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.