[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chikun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0195.jpg (198KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
198KB, 1500x1125px
Hi guys, do you think it's doable to confit chickenbreast sous vide, then grill it in the oven for a couple of minutes to crisp the skin, then add some chévre on top of the skin, back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt and grill the cheese?
I'm a bit afraid this will dry out the meat. Would it perhaps be better to sear the skin in a pan, then melt the cheese in the oven? Or maybe serve with hasselback with cheese added to those?

Sides will be fennel and some asparagus, with beurre monté.
>>
>>8428642
Hasselback potatoes
>>
>>8428642
I have no idea. Do a cook along.
>>
>>8428642
>Would it perhaps be better to sear the skin in a pan
yes
> Or maybe serve with hasselback with cheese added to those?
yes
>>
>>8428707
I think I'll go for searing in a pan first, then grill with chevre sliced thin on top for as short time as possible. Guess that's the least risky method.
>>
Why bother? Butterfly that shit, stuff it with cheese.

Pan fry to crisp the skin

Into the oven for 20 mins.

Done.
>>
>>8428642
According to modernist cuisine, you should remove the skin, cook it separately, then re-attach wit xanthan gum or something.
>>
>>8428642

man, i'd brine it in pickle juice (minus the skin).. confit it in duck fat and aromatics in sous vide.. dunk in buttermilk/dredge/bread/fry, make a cream sauce out of the chevre, make a gastrique with hot sauce/apple cider vinegar/sugar, and garnish with pickled something. probably like shallots or fennel.

but that's just what i'd say to try if you're really swingin for the fences. otherwise, yeah; obviously you're going to want to eat a hasselback potato with that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.