[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will cheese survive a 25 minute car ride unrefrigerated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 270x187px
Cheese shop opened in a town 25 miles from me and I totally want to get some but would the cheese survive and still be good the trip home especially in a car with the heater going?
>>
>>8428326
In my opinion, if the cheese is already really cold or even relatively cold, yes, I believe it'll be fine, you'd probably be pushing it with 40-45 minutes on a hot hot day, but if you're that worried take a little cooler with you or some ice bags and cover it with that. Also try to keep your heater down, it's only 25 minutes for your cheese run, you'll survive.
>>
>>8428326
What kind of cheese are you getting?
>>
Should I plan to eat it all today or can I save some. I'm kind of a stickler about food safety.
>>
>>8428334
They have all kinds but I was looking at some cheddar and Gouda. Possibly some of their homemade string cheese too.
>>
>>8428336
>>8428326
Are you dumb or something? Cheese also gets better with age, No YOU ballistic moron, as long as you have a refrigerator in relatively clean condition, you can have cheese for a very fair amount of time.
>>
>>8428337
At least you have a decent taste, sharp as it gets on the cheddar is how I prefer it.
>>
>>8428342
>sharp
what does this mean
>>
>>8428487
I would assume a bold flavor
>>
>>8428493
the correct word is mature then
>>
>>8428326
No, you'll need to bleach it. Then you'll need to bleach yourself in your pre-shower shower after touching it.

Americans. Teeth whiter than paper, minds as blank.

>>8428487
Usu. acidic or sour
>>
>>8428326
Op, a block of hard cheese is used at the stores for multiple months sometimes, with the occasional cleaning of mold. Hard cheeses survive a very long time, even at room temp is what im trying to tell you. Soft cheeses develop a sharp amoniac flavour way before being bad for your health, so throw it when you dont like the taste anymore, but not before. So enjoy your cheese and buy whatever you feel like, even soft cheese will taste good for prolly a week after your carride, hard cheeses much longer
t.someone who works at a delicacystore with cheese occasionally
>>
Dude Cheese is fat and protein. It lasts for a long time especially when sesled.

If your block is getting mold just cut it off the block by a half inch. You'll be fine.
>>
If youre that worried about the heat just put it in the trunk
>>
>>8428326
Unless you live on the equator, you should be fine. Bring a cold bag or an insulated lunch box if you're that worried
>>
you realise the cheese will probably have travelled more than 25 miles to get to the shop right?
>>
>>8428557

Probably in a refrigerated truck, not a car with the heater going.
>>
>>8428603
turn the heater off and put them in a cooler if you're so worried then?
>>
>>8428326
What if the cheese survives the trip but anon doesn't? Are first responders trained in locating, removing, and refrigerating cheese?
>>
>>8428620
kek
>>
>>8428326
It's winter. Roll down the window and bring an extra sweater
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.