[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: salmiak.jpg (597KB, 1000x792px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
salmiak.jpg
597KB, 1000x792px
One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a bag of salmiak. My initial reaction was like, "WEW. THAT'S STRONG but I kinda want to try another" and by my third or fourth piece of it I was into it.

So being that I'm an American do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?

What's a candy, food, or drink that most people of your culture seem to have an aversion to that you actually like?
>>
>>8427119
ketchup
>>
>>8427119
I've never seen anyone outside my family drink coffee black by choice. So there's that.
>>
File: American cuisine.jpg (13KB, 296x394px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
American cuisine.jpg
13KB, 296x394px
>So being that I'm an American do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?
No, you're just cringe
>>
>>8427119
Anchovies

I was so scared of them because it was the go-to "gross" pizza topping in the media. I tried them on a whim and now I'm addicted

Straight up Campari. My ex is the only person I know that isn't disgusted by it

I guess you could also throw in fermented food in general. I dated a Korean and her family fed me kimchi expecting me not to like it but the jokes on them I always have a quart of it in the fridge

But I'm a flyover American so this thread probably applies to a ton of food
>>
>>8427119
Marmite.
Everyone cries and says they hate it but spread a little of that pungent shit on some hot buttered toast and wa la, the best shit on toast ever.
>>
>>8427232
>wa la
triggered
>>
>>8427240
Faggot.
>>
>>8427232
marmite is great, I put a little in my tomato sauces

Maybe they meant vegemite?
>>
>>8427273
Maybe.
How different are they? I've never had vegemite, does it actually have veggies in it?
>>
>>8427288
Vegemite is a bit harsher. If you're not accustom to it it is super easy to overdo it. Marmite tastes meatier to me and I enjoyed it instantly, not so with vegemite
>>
>>8427119
Shrimp paste, had people flipping shit that a round eye could enjoy it, but I was raised on crustaceans of all types.
>>
File: sprotni2[1].jpg (366KB, 1668x1160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sprotni2[1].jpg
366KB, 1668x1160px
>>8427228
Spot on, forage fish and fermented stuff are incredible but people seem to have some weird animosity towards them.

Like smoked prats, I think they're the best thing ever but for some reason all my friends find it disgusting. I mean come on, look at these things.
Or sauerkraut. Long live sauerkraut.
>>
>>8427439
>Or sauerkraut. Long live sauerkraut.
Oh shit, I just remembered I have a jar of the stuff lying under my sink from Summer.
>>
>>8427119
>do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?

No.

That's what everyone with taste does.
>>
>>8427119
>One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a bag of salmiak
Can't you buy that stuff in Ikea by the kilo?
>>
>>8427663
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/food-beverages/sweets-chocolates-snacks/godis-lakrits-sweet-and-salty-liquorice-art-60247466/
Not exactly by the kilo but I think this is the same stuff.
>>
>>8427439
>weird animosity towards fermented food

Because most people don't understand the process if fermenting food. Most dry and semi-dry sausages are fermented. Even authentic american Summer Sausage is a fermented semi-dry sausage.
>>
>>8427672
No. That stuff is way sweeter than ordinary salmiak
>>
most vegetables and seafood are kinda looked down upon on northern mexico where i live
>>
getting good salty licorice here in New York is suffering

it feels stupid ordering candy off the internet, but with this stuff I kinda have to
>>
>>8427946
Pinches NorteƱos. You guys will never know what it's like to have Ensalada de Camarones fresh from the salty womb of Gaia's ocean.
>>
>>8428947
>NYC
What about Ikea?
>>
>>8428992
>>8427896
>>
>>8428967
El Keko..
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.