[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade beef jerky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /ck/ I'm thinking about making some beef jerky, never done it before, gonna see my local butcher and maybe pick up a cut of silverside (think americans call it outside or bottom round?).
I don't have a dehydrator or smoker so was just gonna do it in the oven.
Got any tips/experience making jerky at home?
>>
>>8427057
Making jerky isn't so much about heat as it is about removing the moisture from the beef.

I would say cut the strips as close to 1/4 an inch as you can and salt 'em pretty good to remove as much moisture as possible before popping them in the oven to dry.
>>
>>8427061
Was also gonna marinate the strips in soy sauce/spice mix overnight, honestly haven't seen it any other way, how much salt would you use? completely cover the meat in it?
>>
Look up foodwishes.com homemade beef jerky. I do this recipe regularly and there isn't anything I found to improve it really.

The only crappy thing about beef jerky is that if you only have an oven you can't really do large amounts. More than 800g won't fit at once and it takes like 8 hours just for that.
>>
>>8427085
thanks anon, didn't really think about amounts was just gonna buy about 1.5kg, but will go lower may also do 2 batches, one marinated overnight and the other marinated for a few hours
>>
>>8427068
Don't cover it in salt like that dingus suggested. Topside is the best cut for jerky here. If you freeze it for a couple of hours it's much easier to slice.

Go to the food wishes link mentioned above, then start doing plenty of googling and youtubing until you settle on a recipe you're happy with.

Just be wary of some of the bum fuck hillbilly flyover seppo recipes, they can taste like arse. Stick to a basic mix first time round then go from there.
>>
>>8427085
I use tooth picks and hang the strips from the rack. Works great.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.